PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Weis speaks about departure from KC

Titty Meat
03-15-2011, 09:23 AM
http://arrowheadaddict.com/2011/03/15/charlie-weis-speaks-more-about-his-departure-from-the-kansas-city-chiefs/

If you caught The Morning Fix earlier today, you may have noticed that the first article we linked to was from CBSSports.com and concerned Weis. The article, brought to us by Dennis Dod, has some new quotes from Weis and seems to indicate that Weis’ leaving had much more to do with his family than Todd Haley.
One very interesting aspect of the article is a story about some problems Charlie and his wife Maura had with the care of their daughter Hannah, who is a special needs child. I’ll let you read the article for yourself but in short, the school responsible for bussing Hannah home failed to deliver her on time on a couple of different occasions, leading Weis and his wife into severe panic about the whereabouts of their daughter. According to the article, the bus drive failed to notify Hannah that she was at her stop and the girl then ended up riding the entire route to the end.

From the article:
“At that point, Kansas City was dead to Maura. Charlie felt the same way, even as his contributions helped the Chiefs win the AFC West and helped quarterback Matt Cassel go to the Pro Bowl.”

ChiTown
03-15-2011, 09:28 AM
http://arrowheadaddict.com/2011/03/15/charlie-weis-speaks-more-about-his-departure-from-the-kansas-city-chiefs/

If you caught The Morning Fix earlier today, you may have noticed that the first article we linked to was from CBSSports.com and concerned Weis. The article, brought to us by Dennis Dod, has some new quotes from Weis and seems to indicate that Weis’ leaving had much more to do with his family than Todd Haley.
One very interesting aspect of the article is a story about some problems Charlie and his wife Maura had with the care of their daughter Hannah, who is a special needs child. I’ll let you read the article for yourself but in short, the school responsible for bussing Hannah home failed to deliver her on time on a couple of different occasions, leading Weis and his wife into severe panic about the whereabouts of their daughter. According to the article, the bus drive failed to notify Hannah that she was at her stop and the girl then ended up riding the entire route to the end.

From the article:
“At that point, Kansas City was dead to Maura. Charlie felt the same way, even as his contributions helped the Chiefs win the AFC West and helped quarterback Matt Cassel go to the Pro Bowl.”

PFFT

I mean, I get why they would be pissed, but that issue could be solved without being so wildly upset that you'd have to leave town. If this is true, they are extremely weak-minded people.

OnTheWarpath15
03-15-2011, 09:29 AM
I'll take "Ridiculously Lame Excuses" for $1000, Alex.

Dayze
03-15-2011, 09:29 AM
this would never happen with the bus drivers in Wisconsin.

Pants
03-15-2011, 09:30 AM
Dude has been making millions for many, many years. Hire a goddamn driver, FFS.

Titty Meat
03-15-2011, 09:30 AM
PFFT

I mean, I get why they would be pissed, but that issue could be solved without being so wildly upset that you'd have to leave town. If this is true, they are extremely weak-minded people.

Exactly what i'm thinking. You'd think to find a different bus company after the first time too. The part about going with the kid to Florida is kinda bogus too I mean Charlie would easily be around the league in 4 years he could easily land his kid a job in the pros. I wish he'd just be honest and say he left for Flroida because it's likely the fastest way back to becoming a college head coach.

OnTheWarpath15
03-15-2011, 09:31 AM

No shit.

You make that kind of coin, and you're sending your special needs kid on a fucking bus?

Titty Meat
03-15-2011, 09:32 AM
I'll take "Ridiculously Lame Excuses" for $1000, Alex.

He was injured.....

Whoops wrong thread.

NewChief
03-15-2011, 09:32 AM

This. Hell, you can usually get aid from the government for a driver/aid to assist, depending on the severity of the child's needs.

Bowser
03-15-2011, 09:33 AM
PFFT

I mean, I get why they would be pissed, but that issue could be solved without being so wildly upset that you'd have to leave town. If this is true, they are extremely weak-minded people.This

I'll take "Ridiculously Lame Excuses" for $1000, Alex.That

Dude has been making millions for many, many years. Hire a goddamn driver, FFS.And the Other

this would never happen with the bus drivers in Wisconsin.

LMAO

mlyonsd
03-15-2011, 09:58 AM
this would never happen with the bus drivers in Wisconsin.:LOL:

BigMeatballDave
03-15-2011, 10:00 AM
This is just easier than saying Haley's a fucking asshole. :)

chiefsnorth
03-15-2011, 10:15 AM
This is BS - I saw Charlie downing slices at a pizzeria and he said Haley was an asshole and so he was leaving and sending our play book out on wikileaks

patteeu
03-15-2011, 10:18 AM
PFFT

That's just one example. The story Tim Grunhard was telling on 810 a couple of months ago was that the Weis girl had been doing extremely well with the school she went to near South Bend and that they weren't having nearly as good an experience with the school they found for her here (she's autistic, iirc). As a result, the Weis's thought it would be best for their daughter if she returned to the South Bend school and Charlie's wife was going to take her back there regardless of where Charlie decided to work next year.

Agent V
03-15-2011, 10:21 AM
Your daughter rode a bus longer than she should have. Me and six other people paid out the ass, drove four hours to the stadium bundled up like fucking dogsled racers, strained our vocal chords and trekked SEVEN hours back through snow, all in an effort to watch a team collectively shit itself in a playoff game due to, in part, your half-assed effort.

(mostly joking)

Okie_Apparition
03-15-2011, 10:28 AM
KC's charter school buses fail agian.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-15-2011, 10:30 AM
There was only one special needs kid that fucked this deal, and he wasn't related to Weis.

Thx/Bye!

kepp
03-15-2011, 10:43 AM

I understand this opinion, and it seems correct on the surface, but we really don't know what needs their daughter has. A lot of times part of the "treatment" or "program" to help special needs children is exposure to more social situations and helping them to see that they can do the same things other kids can do. But yeah, I'm not sure I'd leave town over it.

patteeu
03-15-2011, 10:58 AM
I understand this opinion, and it seems correct on the surface, but we really don't know what needs their daughter has. A lot of times part of the "treatment" or "program" to help special needs children is exposure to more social situations and helping them to see that they can do the same things other kids can do. But yeah, I'm not sure I'd leave town over it.

If you had the means to live wherever you wanted to and you'd experienced two different situations for your daughter with one of them being significantly better for her than the other, wouldn't it be worth leaving town to give her the best experience possible? Surely we can't fault the guy for putting his daughter's wellbeing ahead of Matt Cassel's, the KCChiefs', or the KC fans.

kepp
03-15-2011, 11:06 AM
If you had the means to live wherever you wanted to and you'd experienced two different situations for your daughter with one of them being significantly better for her than the other, wouldn't it be worth leaving town to give her the best experience possible? Surely we can't fault the guy for putting his daughter's wellbeing ahead of Matt Cassel's, the KCChiefs', or the KC fans.

Can't disagree with that...I don't really fault him. I have two daughters and its really easy to flip out over stuff that may seem "small" to others.

SAUTO
03-15-2011, 11:11 AM
as most know i have a special needs daughter.

we have pulled her out of a school that we were VERY happy with due to situations occuring while on a bus.

ahe had a 35-40 minute ride each way every day and we doubted that she got the care she needed during the bus trip. and it was totally not an option for either one of us to make the trip each day twice a day.....

i can see this as being valid

suzzer99
03-15-2011, 11:20 AM
Any chance you and Weis had the same bus co?

SAUTO
03-15-2011, 11:21 AM
Any chance you and Weis had the same bus co?

nope,

well unless he was bussing his child a couple of hours away

ChiTown
03-15-2011, 11:31 AM
Your daughter rode a bus longer than she should have. Me and six other people paid out the ass, drove four hours to the stadium bundled up like ****ing dogsled racers, strained our vocal chords and trekked SEVEN hours back through snow, all in an effort to watch a team collectively shit itself in a playoff game due to, in part, your half-assed effort.

(mostly joking)

:LOL:

I echo those sentiments (not joking)

chiefqueen
03-15-2011, 11:58 AM
As a disabled person who has used para-transit in the city I think I understand the Weis' dilemma. I don't know if the girl was in a school bus or using a para-transit service but let me list a few of the reasons I stopped using a para-transit service:

wait time between 90 min & 2 hours
telephone waiting time between 30 & 60 min when you call and schedule a ride or want to know when your ride will be there (after you've been waiting for an hour)
drivers on the "european bathing plan" (real nice if you are heading TO work)
drivers looking similar to those featured on "America's Most Wanted"

If her disability leave unable to tell if she was actually going home or on some "joyride" or unable to defend herself I understand the Weis' position.

DaneMcCloud
03-15-2011, 12:33 PM
So, the Arrowhead Addict writer assumed all of that based on a paragraphs in this article?

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/14812506/family-man-weis-is-picture-of-contentment-at-florida

GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Charlie Weis' welcome-to-the-SEC moment came during a recent romantic dinner with his wife. This being Florida -- even if he weren't a former NFL and Notre Dame coach of some renown -- once you're a Gator, that comes with certain obligations. Or else.

"Two really sleazy girls come over and say, 'Coach, will you take a picture with us?' Florida's new offensive coordinator said. "I would have said no anyway, that's beside the point. I politely say, 'Hey, I'm sorry, I'm having a dinner with my wife.' I read about it the next day, how much of an a--hole I was, how I wouldn't take a picture with somebody."

Before losing his first game at Florida, Weis was in his first no-win situation in Gainesville. Pick your viral poison: Take the picture and Weis, with a girl on each arm, would have been a trending topic from here to Tuscaloosa. Refuse the picture and Florida's own trash you from here to Knoxville. Lord knows the man has had worse things said about him, but when family is involved, it gets personal. No matter what you've heard or read, that's why Weis is here, at age 54, making what looks like a lateral move, at best, after leaving the Kansas City Chiefs.

Get it out of your head that coming here was about money, prestige or a power struggle. The man who once ran the football program at the most well-known university in the world essentially came to this high-powered, high-profile world to scale back -- be a dad and a husband without being the man. Here, he is part of the staff, not the lightning rod with multiple Super Bowl rings or that "decided schematic advantage" at Notre Dame.

"Everyone wants to look for some different agenda," Weis said from the Florida football office on Monday. "Why does there have to be some different agenda when everything falls just right for your family later on in your career?"

Weis knows that back in Kansas City, there is still speculation that he and head coach Todd Haley -- two admittedly brash, bombastic personalities -- couldn't get along. He laughs at the stories that hint at him coming to Florida for the bounce-back job that will make him a head coach again, perhaps even here. In truth, Charlie Weis is out of the NFL, into the SEC -- and deliberately out of the limelight -- because everything fell right.

You can blame the bus company in Parkville, Mo. The small, pastoral town near the Missouri River was the Weises' home during their year with the Chiefs. Hannah, their 15-year-old daughter with special needs, has always been at the center of their lives. Last summer, Maura and Charlie Weis were convinced to let Hannah ride the bus home from camp. There was a bit of concern, but the parents were assured their daughter would be dropped off at 12:27 p.m.

By 3 o'clock that day, she hadn't shown up.

"We're out riding around town looking for her," Weis said. "We're about ready to call the cops. So I'm pissed. I go in[to the school] the next day."

There were apologies and assurances all around. Then it happened again later in the summer as the Chiefs were breaking camp moving from St. Joseph, Mo., back to Kansas City. School for Hannah had started. She was supposed to be home at 2:45 p.m. At 5 p.m., there was still no Hannah.

"So we did call the cops," Weis said. "There was no explanation. I called the school and said, 'I want everyone there tomorrow morning, 9 o'clock. This is two instances.' My wife wanted to move back right then. It was already over for her. Forget about anything that happened after that."

Both times, the bus driver had failed to alert Hannah of her stop, Weis said. Both times, she basically rode to the end of the route while her parents were freaking out back home. At that point, Kansas City was dead to Maura. Charlie felt the same way, even as his contributions helped the Chiefs win the AFC West and helped quarterback Matt Cassel go to the Pro Bowl.

It was decided that the family wasn't going to be apart like this, with son Charlie Jr. headed off to college and Hannah headed back to the family's other home near Notre Dame. The Weises have land there that is the center of "Hannah and Friends," a nonprofit organization they founded to help special-needs children.

No matter how much his dad argued against it, Charlie Jr. wanted to be a coach. He had met Texas coach Mack Brown and saw a future, eager to work his way up the staff ladder. Only when Muschamp left the Longhorns for Florida did it all fall together. As Weis was talking to Muschamp about becoming the Gators' offensive coordinator, he inquired about an opportunity for his son.

It was a package deal that made total sense. This was a way for the family to stay together. One career transitioning, the other just starting. It was decided that Maura and Hannah would spend part of the year here in the horse country of nearby Ocala. Maura loves horses. In his mid-50s, Weis gave up the coaching climb for an opportunity to be with his son. Charlie Jr. will start as a Florida manager, his dad says. For at least the next four years, it seems they will all be together.

"A lot of times as you're going up the ladder and you're making more and more, you realize, at a point, is the money really worth it?" Weis said. "As you're watching your wife and your son take every body blow that you take, you taking them is one thing. Them taking them is another."

Charlie long ago had a chunk taken out of his ego. Florida and the SEC is a different place, but he comes well armed. Weis has always been able to call plays, recruit players and develop quarterbacks. When asked about last year's assertion in Kansas City that he was hired to "fix the quarterback," he downplays it. Essentially, he succeeded wildly. Cassel, in a make-or-break year for his career, became incredibly efficient under Weis, registering 27 touchdowns against seven interceptions.

Weis soaks up the credit only up to a point, saying Cassel and "Tommy" (Brady) made their own careers. John Brantley is the next fix. For three years, Brantley sat behind Tim Tebow, expected to slide into the position seamlessly. When Brantley got the chance in 2010, the world found out this drop-back passer couldn't function in Urban Meyer's spread option. At least this drop-back passer.

"Without saying anything incriminating about the last staff, he really didn't fit what they were doing," Weis said.

Muschamp's decision to run a pro-style offense and Weis' arrival to run it might have kept Brantley from transferring. It doesn't matter to Weis. He didn't hesitate when it came to meeting with the quarterback and his parents.

"Where are you going to go?" he said to the rising fifth-year senior.

Nowhere, for now, together. For the second successive year -- and perhaps for the rest of his career -- Weis is not running the show. That's OK, as long as everyone understands what he does. The coach who is reportedly Florida's highest paid assistant ever ($2.5 million over three years) took a monstrous pay cut from the NFL. That should be one indicator.

"I didn't come here with the agenda of, 'Let's be Gus Mahlzan. Let's go get hot,' Weis said of Auburn's offensive coordinator. "If I just wanted to get into the mix [for a new job], I'd probably stay in Kansas City. I had the opportunity to take care of my family in a different way than most people."

Maura is at least as tough as her husband. She can put up with the fat jokes. Guess what? You might have heard that Charlie is overweight. A gastric bypass surgery went wrong in 2002. The guy can't catch a medical break. Weis had to have emergency surgery during the Chiefs season to remove an infected gall bladder. Soon after Memorial Day, he will have a left knee replacement, making it a matched pair that were slammed into 2˝ years ago on the sideline against Michigan.

She understands why Charlie won't drink in public. He went to a Yankees spring training game the other day. It was hot. The beer guy kept coming by. Weis wanted one. Bad. Who could have blamed him? The guy next to him, into about his eighth cold one, finally asked why Charlie didn't have a beer. It's the cell phones. Charlie knows enough that he might be a trending topic, but he won't be one with a drink in his hand.

What Maura can't put up with is the idea that the guy who gave up the NFL to keep his family happy is some jerk. Sleazy girls be warned. There will be no flash photography around her man in this Gators-crazed town.

"That's one thing she has a serious problem with," Weis said. "Don't be like, 'Well, somebody told me he's an a--hole ... ' "

DaneMcCloud
03-15-2011, 12:34 PM
Interesting that SI chose to run an article on Weis today as well:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/andy_staples/03/15/charlie-weis-florida/index.html?eref=sihp

GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- From the moment the news leaked that Charlie Weis would leave the Kansas City Chiefs for the University of Florida, everyone began looking for reasons. Why would a successful NFL offensive coordinator -- a former head coach at Notre Dame, no less -- leave an NFL job at which he'd been quite successful to hold the same position at the college level?

The problem with the question is that it seeks a football reason for a family decision.

Had Weis stayed in Kansas City, his family would have been split into three camps. His son, Charlie Jr., will graduate high school in May and head to college. Meanwhile, Weis and wife Maura had decided it would be best if she and daughter Hannah moved back to the family's home in the South Bend area to help prepare Hannah for her slow transition to the nearby farm run by Hannah and Friends, the nonprofit Charlie and Maura Weis founded to help children and adults with special needs. Hannah, who turns 16 next month, has a rare seizure disorder called electrical status epilepticus during slow-wave sleep. The disorder has affected her development -- she has about a 50-word vocabulary -- and she'll have special needs for the rest of her life.

So when freshly hired Florida coach Will Muschamp called in December and asked Weis if he wanted to return to college as a coordinator, Weis had an idea.

Despite his best efforts, Weis has been unable to disabuse Charlie Jr. of his desire to become a football coach. "I've done all I can to try to talk him out of doing it," Weis said. Weis and son agreed Florida would be as good a place to chase that dream as any. So while the elder Weis runs the offense, the younger one will attend school and learn the coaching profession by doing some of the least glamorous jobs the program has to offer. "People don't realize the amount of time you spend away from your family," Muschamp said. "You spend more time with other young men than you do your own. When you have an opportunity to have your son be involved, it's a good way to connect."

Maura, meanwhile, keeps horses and loves to ride. Weis reminded her that 30 miles south of Gainesville is Ocala, an equine haven bounded by split-rail fences and covered with rolling pastures. As luck would have it, Ocala also has an excellent special-needs school that is perfect for Hannah. Weis couldn't believe his luck when he visited the school. He had looked in much larger cities and hadn't found one that fit Hannah so well. So Maura and Hannah will be snowbirds. When the temperature dips in Indiana, they'll come to Florida to live at the Ocala farm Weis picked out earlier this month.

So while everyone has been wondering if staff friction or some other competitive factor chased Weis from Kansas City and the NFL, Weis has been busy enjoying the serendipity that will allow him a job he loves, time with his son and a perfect situation for his wife and daughter.

"Everyone wants to look for some different agenda," Weis said. "But why does there have to be a different agenda than having things fall just right for your family later in your career?" When football coaches change jobs, we usually examine their decision through a football prism. We forget that they usually ask the same question we do when we consider changing jobs: Will this make my spouse and children happy?

Still, it's hard to accept that a guy who won Super Bowl rings with the New England Patriots and was the head coach at Notre Dame can be happy taking orders from someone else at the college level. This has to be a ploy just to get back into a head-coaching gig, right? Weis will never say never. Nor should he. But he will say this:

"I could see myself ending up here," Weis said. "I could see myself retiring in Ocala. ... I'm buying. Not renting."

Of course, Weis wanted to retire in South Bend after several decades of service to his alma mater. That didn't work out. Even when he led Notre Dame to BCS bowls in his first two years, he rubbed people the wrong way. When the Fighting Irish descended into mediocrity the next three seasons, mild dislike of Weis turned into outright hatred.

Asked to name his chief regret from his tenure at Notre Dame, Weis didn't mention any of the losses. "My biggest disappointment," he said, "is that I didn't finish what my initial intent was." And what was that intent? "For people to say, 'That guy did it the right way.' I felt that's what I was trying to do -- to do it the right way," Weis said. "But unfortunately, if you don't win enough games, all that other stuff ... does not become the priority. That's not a complaint. That's just the cold, hard facts."

In a more relaxed setting, Weis seems nothing like the confident-bordering-on-arrogant tyrant who lorded over those stiff press conferences at Notre Dame. He's genuine. He tells great stories. He makes fun of himself. He frets over the "honey-do" list he knows his wife is about to send. He certainly is confident, and his intelligence is obvious. Being the Notre Dame coach requires a larger-than-life personality, and when Weis' personality got magnified by the job, that intelligence came off as condescension. It translates far better in a casual setting. He might very well be the smartest guy in the room, but he doesn't seem determined to let everyone know it.

Weis' penchant for playing small rooms should have been obvious from his recruiting success at Notre Dame. It also shows in some of his recruiting failures. Weis clashed quite often with former Gators coach Urban Meyer on the recruiting trail. As a result, Gainesville is crawling with players who developed a rapport with Weis in high school. They liked him so much, in fact, that some have had a hard time facing him years after they turned down his scholarship offer. That's especially true of two Gators who originally committed to Notre Dame and wound up signing with Florida. "[Defensive tackle] Omar Hunter avoided me like the plague," Weis said. "As a matter of fact, [former Florida defensive end Justin] Trattou just sucked it up and got enough nerve to come into my office today. He's getting ready for the draft, but today was the first time he got enough nerve to pop his head in."

Weis may be incorrectly pegged as a pro guy, because he loves to recruit. While at Notre Dame, he seethed when the NCAA forbade coaches from visiting schools during the spring evaluation period. Now, he'll be unleashed in May. "I'm not the head coach. And I'm not the head coach in waiting," Weis said with a smile. "That means I can get on the road. So I'm dialed up five days a week for the month of May." Muschamp noticed immediately that Weis had the recruiting bug, and he believes Weis' past will help him gain an audience with most prospects. "You open so many doors with instant credibility and name recognition," Muschamp said. "In recruiting, it's about building trust and relationships. If you can get the door open, it's a lot easier to build the trust and relationships."

Before he can begin chasing the next generation of Gators, Weis will spend the spring trying to rebuild an offense that imploded in Meyer's final season. When spring practice opens Wednesday, Weis will try to reboot senior quarterback John Brantley, a former national high school player of the year who threw for 2,061 yards with nine touchdowns and 10 interceptions in his first year as the starter. "You've got a fifth-year senior who, on the hoof, looks like a pure dropback quarterback, that was playing in a spread offense," Weis said. "It's not a natural fit. That's not an indictment of John or the previous staff. It's just reality."

Weis, who turned Brady Quinn from an average college passer into a first-round draft pick, believes the problem has nothing to do with Brantley's arm. It's in his head. "A guy coming off a year where your interceptions are way too high and your touchdown passes are way too low, the first thing you have to do is work on their confidence," Weis said. "Because nothing else really matters. If you can't get the quarterback to be confident in his own abilities and lead the team, then you have no chance."

Weis believes Brantley can salvage his confidence. He has seen Brantley carry himself like a leader in offseason workouts. Trey Burton and Jordan Reed, who split time with Brantley last season, have moved to different positions. Brantley will compete this spring with freshman Jeff Driskel and redshirt freshman Tyler Murphy, and Weis said Brantley will get the first crack at the starting job. "He starts off first because of seniority," Weis said. "If he's the best guy, he'll play. If he's not, he won't."

Weis probably will have the most input in that particular decision, but unlike at his last college job, he can now be vetoed. Weis accepts that. Even though he has led a prestigious program, he never wants to undermine Muschamp. "It'll never happen," Weis said. "Never. Never is a long time, but it'll never happen." Instead, Weis hopes he can be a sounding board, and he'll gladly offer any advice as Muschamp negotiates the land mines every first-time head coach encounters. Muschamp, meanwhile, hopes Weis will challenge his thinking on occasion. "I don't want a bunch of yes guys," Muschamp said. "I don't want a bunch of guys to agree with everything I say."

Monday, Weis planned to take Charlie Jr. -- who was visiting his future home for spring break -- to see the family's new house in Ocala. Maura will see it in person soon, but after seeing "about 2,000 pictures," Weis' real estate purchase already has spousal approval. Last week, Weis paid a visit to Hannah's new school to make absolutely sure it will suit the child he has called the family's "guiding angel."

Wednesday, Weis will take the practice field for the first time as a college coach since his firing at Notre Dame in 2009. Even if his move seems curious to those who don't know him, he has everything he wants. He doesn't know if his course will get diverted again, and he'll never say never, but the longtime quarterback guru feels comfortable looking deep.

"I could see us happily ending our career at the University of Florida," Weis said. "Hopefully, it'll be happy for everyone -- not just for me."

Kerberos
03-15-2011, 12:34 PM
Special needs child = short bus

HTF can you miss having a child and foget to tell them that this is thier stop like you didn't see them. It's a gawdamn short bus!

:shake:

Weak lame ass excuse.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-15-2011, 12:38 PM
I hope Jim Zorn has some experience with special needs children. He's going to need it.

KCUnited
03-15-2011, 12:40 PM
Turns out Haley had stripped Wies' daughter of her bus riding duties in the 2nd half of the school year. /Fescoe

DJJasonp
03-15-2011, 01:07 PM
This is BS - I saw Charlie downing slices at a pizzeria and he said Haley was an asshole and so he was leaving and sending our play book out on wikileaks

Did he scan the post-it note all of our plays fit onto?

DTLB58
03-15-2011, 01:14 PM

Or....They can't rent/lease/own a vehicle that his wife can drive their child back and forth? If you are that worried about her where abouts and Charlie makes that kind of cash you think she wouldn't have to work and could provide for their children 24/7.

Yes, very lame excuse to leave town when he is such an important part of a sports franchise.

WebGem
Where's PatrickAllen's clown ass to come take the article down?

Sweet Daddy Hate

You mean "Screen-left and Screen-right"?

SAUTO
03-15-2011, 01:15 PM
Special needs child = short bus

HTF can you miss having a child and foget to tell them that this is thier stop like you didn't see them. It's a gawdamn short bus!

:shake:

Weak lame ass excuse.

not true

OnTheWarpath15
03-15-2011, 01:17 PM

You mean "Screen-left and Screen-right"?

Jones - 2 yards
Charles - 6 yards
Cassel - checkdown/screen/pass under 10 yards
Cassel - Overthrow/OOB
Cassel - sack
McCluster gadget play

Yep, that's all 6.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-15-2011, 01:27 PM
Jones - 2 yards
Charles - 6 yards
Cassel - Overthrow/OOB
Cassel - sack
McCluster gadget play

Yep, that's all 6.

That's one generous playbook.

patteeu
03-15-2011, 03:49 PM
Or....They can't rent/lease/own a vehicle that his wife can drive their child back and forth? If you are that worried about her where abouts and Charlie makes that kind of cash you think she wouldn't have to work and could provide for their children 24/7.

Yes, very lame excuse to leave town when he is such an important part of a sports franchise.

Why does he need any excuse at all? He doesn't owe us anything and he doesn't owe Clark Hunt anything more than notice and whatever else was in his contract.

Besides, it's highly unlikely that his entire decision rests on two bus riding misfortunes. It's far more likely, as I mentioned earlier in the thread, that those are examples of a couple of issues they ran into with their daughter, not the entire picture. Is his assessment of the well-being of his daughter enough of an excuse to decide to move on?

Demonpenz
03-15-2011, 03:54 PM
i bet he just loved the chiefs fans calling him/fat and wheels! at training camp. He wants to go where he is wanted and welcomed.

tmax63
03-15-2011, 05:26 PM
This is 2 instances that were talked about. How many others problems didn't get brought up. I know that family comes first. I know that if momma's not happy, nobody's happy. Weis happens to be a lucky man in that he's very good at a job that allows him to make alot of money and he can put his family first and get a job that pays the bills about anywhere. I think this makes more sense than saying that he and Haley couldn't get along. All BS aside, they got along well enough for a 10-6 division championship year.

Johnny Vegas
03-15-2011, 07:14 PM
he had me at "quarterback" from best buy. GTFO

TEX
03-15-2011, 07:45 PM
Don't marry someone named Maura.

Mama Hip Rockets
03-15-2011, 09:13 PM
Your daughter rode a bus longer than she should have. Me and six other people paid out the ass, drove four hours to the stadium bundled up like ****ing dogsled racers, strained our vocal chords and trekked SEVEN hours back through snow, all in an effort to watch a team collectively shit itself in a playoff game due to, in part, your half-assed effort.

(mostly joking)

Why would you be joking? I think a lot of us feel that way, and we definitely aren't joking. That jackass could have at least waited till the playoffs were over before he just gave up on the team.

FAX
03-15-2011, 10:24 PM
Weis can still stuff a frozen pizza up his ass.

What's more important; your special needs child or helping the Chiefs win a playoff game?

I rest my case.

FAX

Mama Hip Rockets
03-16-2011, 11:27 AM
Jones - 2 yards
Charles - 6 yards
Cassel - Overthrow/OOB
Cassel - sack
McCluster gadget play

Yep, that's all 6.

I can't even remember the last time Jones gained two yards. Did he get any positive yardage in the second half of the season?

Easy 6
03-16-2011, 11:37 AM
Dear Charlie, in light of this new information, let me be the first to say F*CK YOU, AGAIN.

jidar
03-16-2011, 11:42 AM
After reading those stories, I buy this more than any other thing I've heard so far.

Being in KC was bad for his family in multiple ways, so he left. I could see myself making that decision.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-18-2011, 01:15 PM
Weis can still stuff a frozen pizza up his ass.

What's more important; your special needs child or helping the Chiefs win a playoff game?

I rest my case.

FAX

As I stated, the special needs child in question was and is beyond all help. Even Weis.

And probably Zorn too.

God he sucks.