PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs The Worst Uniforms in the History of Every NFL Team

cavtrp1
03-15-2011, 10:16 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/544661-the-worst-uniforms-in-the-history-of-every-nfl-team?utm_source=outbrain.com&utm_medium=referral#page/34

Kansas City Chiefs: Do They Even Have a Bad Uniform Set?

The Kansas City Chiefs actually do not have a bad uniform set. In fact, they can't, because they have only had two looks their entire franchise history.

Their current set is simple, and it has to be considered a classic. Even when the team went throwback last season to their Dallas days, it looked so similar to their current set that there wasn't any real fault to find with the uniform.

Change is good. But in the Chiefs' case, change isn't necessary.

Dishonorable mention: Not applicable.

Agent V
03-15-2011, 10:23 AM
Agreed. Most teams are reverting back to a traditional style anyway (49ers, for instance), especially NBA teams. The Chiefs uniform looks fine as is.

CHENZ A!
03-15-2011, 10:43 AM
Current broncos, Vikings, and cardinals would make my list.
Posted via Mobile Device

Brock
03-15-2011, 10:44 AM
Anyone who jumped on the "we wear black too" bandwagon.

Dayze
03-15-2011, 10:48 AM
Broncos
Bengals
Titans
Cowboys
Vikings

get my vote

chopper
03-15-2011, 10:49 AM
Have always loved our classic look. When the inevitable change happens, it will be for the worse.
Posted via Mobile Device

gblowfish
03-15-2011, 10:52 AM
Historically, the baby-crap brown and mustard Denver uni's with the vertical stripe socks were awful. This was probably the worst ever. Pittsburgh in the early 1960's was pretty bad too with the yellow triangle on the shoulder pads.

New England's Fighting Elvis uni's look like a USFL team. Patriot Pat the center hiking the ball was much cooler.

Houston Texans jerseys look terrible too. They look like the awful, gaudy jerseys in the Oliver Stone Movie "Any Given Sunday." Just God Awful.

Denver's new helmet horse looks like a dick with eyes.

Seattle Seahawk neon green looks like Univ of Oregon. Must be a pacific northwest thing.

Coolest jerseys are:
Powder Blue San Diego: Coolest helmets too.
Green Bay, Dallas and KC: Very clean and classic. Nothing to change.

ClevelandBronco
03-15-2011, 11:12 AM
Have always loved our classic look. When the inevitable change happens, it will be for the worse.
Posted via Mobile Device

I've seen people here call for an all-red Kansas City A&M look. I don't know what the hell they're thinking.

chopper
03-15-2011, 11:24 AM
I've seen people here call for an all-red Kansas City A&M look. I don't know what the hell they're thinking.

I'm not against expeimenting with variations of the "classic" look at all. But the colors need to stay the same red and yellow. Like when denver changed their colors to slightly different orange and blue, if we did that it would be awful. Sometimes we go all white on the road, I wouldn't mind seeing all red once, just to try it, although it sounds a little overwhelming to the eye.
Posted via Mobile Device

Stinger
03-15-2011, 11:32 AM
Denver's had to have been the worst....

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_hAQgYQFfuqg/TOrlbwFnmSI/AAAAAAAAAFg/R-KAVaDiyAU/s1600/broncos-throwback.jpg

Deberg_1990
03-15-2011, 11:46 AM
The Chiefs "All Whites" are pretty bad...

chopper
03-15-2011, 12:04 PM
FTR I also hate the all whites. I'm sure I'm wrong but the first time I can remember them is the '06 playoff game at Indy when we just laid down, got humiliated, and exposed. Every time we wear them now I think of that game and what giant pussies comprise this team.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-15-2011, 12:30 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

In light of the possible Nike atrocity, our "classic look" grew on me real fucking quick-like.

Agent V
03-15-2011, 12:48 PM
Coolest jerseys are:
Powder Blue San Diego: Coolest helmets too.
Green Bay, Dallas and KC: Very clean and classic. Nothing to change.
I love Green Bay's uniform. Perfect example of using simplicity and color to their fullest potential.

In light of the possible Nike atrocity, our "classic look" grew on me real fucking quick-like.

Well, I know Nike will screw it up, but I've seen graphic designers on another board putting together some amazing Nike template concepts. A Chiefs one I saw kept EVERYTHING from the current uniform, but translated it to the new template. I found nothing wrong with it.

But Nike sucks, so superior concepts like that won't see the light of day.

Garcia Bronco
03-15-2011, 02:32 PM
Best uni's in the game belong to the Broncos. They are near top in jersey sales every year and we are a 500 ball club over the last decade.

JohnnyV13
03-15-2011, 02:34 PM
FTR I also hate the all whites. I'm sure I'm wrong but the first time I can remember them is the '06 playoff game at Indy when we just laid down, got humiliated, and exposed. Every time we wear them now I think of that game and what giant pussies comprise this team.
Posted via Mobile Device

You must be young.

Hell, We played with the All Whites most of the time Marty was here. AND, if you look back at pictures of SB I, the Chiefs wore All Whites vs. the Packers....in 1966.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-15-2011, 02:39 PM
Best uni's in the game belong to the Broncos.

ROFL Rrrrrrrrrrright....

Rooster
03-15-2011, 02:45 PM
You must be young.

Hell, We played with the All Whites most of the time Marty was here. AND, if you look back at pictures of SB I, the Chiefs wore All Whites vs. the Packers....in 1966.

I like the all white as long as it's not a home game. Fuck you Herm!!:banghead:

chopper
03-15-2011, 02:51 PM
You must be young.

I'm 27, so the marty days are about as far back as my memory goes (I don't remember us sucking in the 80's so '07-'09 was rough for me). I probably didn't pay much attention to unis back then either. I just remember feeling like we got violated in that Indy game, in large part to those all whites, so that's why that game sticks out to me. Larry johnson falling down at the LOS over and over; and I knew we were frauds that year so I didn't have high hopes or anything, kind of how over achieving this year didn't make that ass pounding in the playoffs any easier. At least we looked good though.
Posted via Mobile Device

mikey23545
03-15-2011, 02:53 PM
You must be young.

There's quite a few posters on here that think the universe was created the day they were born...

CoMoChief
03-15-2011, 03:10 PM
Best uni's in the game belong to the Broncos. They are near top in jersey sales every year and we are a 500 ball club over the last decade.

what does jersey sales have anything to do with voting on which uni's are the best?

CoMoChief
03-15-2011, 03:11 PM
There's quite a few posters on here that think the universe was created the day they were born...

ya damn right it was...

Mr. Arrowhead
03-15-2011, 03:11 PM
Tampa Bays old uniform has to get some considration

RNR
03-15-2011, 03:13 PM
The worst ever~

Easy 6
03-15-2011, 03:17 PM
What about the modern Cleveland Browns? terrible colors, plain jane design, no logo at all... just terrible.

gblowfish
03-15-2011, 03:21 PM
Tampa Bays old uniform has to get some considration

Yep.
"Buccaneer Bruce" the flamboyant knife biter on the helmet was precious!

CoMoChief
03-15-2011, 03:22 PM
To be honest I was never a fan of the Panthers/Jags uni's since they've been part of this league.

The old AFL Broncos take the cake though...those are horrendous.

Vikings uni's are bad, so are the new Lions uni's, Buffalo's current jerseys, Tennessee Titans, St Louis Rams (they need to go back to the old blue/gold pre-2000). Arizona Cardinals, Cleveland Browns,

chopper
03-15-2011, 03:25 PM
Agree with the rams. Go back to the old colors or just start from scratch, those helmets are not good. Lions took a step back as well with their new ones.
Posted via Mobile Device

ClevelandBronco
03-15-2011, 05:13 PM
What about the modern Cleveland Browns? terrible colors, plain jane design, no logo at all... just terrible.

All of which (except for the word "terrible") make theirs one of the best looking unis in the league, IMO.

|Zach|
03-15-2011, 06:12 PM
I don't think there are any really terrible uniforms in the NFL right now. I think the new Bills and new Patriots are pretty week. I really really like the Jets and Cowboys uniforms a lot. Nice solid colors...great contrast.

kysirsoze
03-15-2011, 06:27 PM
I don't think there are any really terrible uniforms in the NFL right now. I think the new Bills and new Patriots are pretty week. I really really like the Jets and Cowboys uniforms a lot. Nice solid colors...great contrast.

Seahawks. That fluorescent green is an serious eyesore.

-King-
03-15-2011, 06:39 PM
Best ever: Pats throwbacks and Bills throwbacks.

Patriots
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_mOkHryM2QKc/TMnvllp5iWI/AAAAAAAADf4/ldi8a440hfE/s1600/6a0115709f071f970b0120a64a4102970c-400wi.jpg
http://i.usatoday.net/sports/gallery/2009/NFL/uniforms/s091224_1uniforms.jpg

Bills
http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/getty/2009/09000d5d81490681_gallery_600.jpg
http://cdn.faniq.com/images/blog/b6542e2dd2d54a14ff8b9e9ee61644d7.jpg

|Zach|
03-15-2011, 06:58 PM
Seahawks. That fluorescent green is an serious eyesore.

I think those are awesome. The Chargers powder blues are prob the worst.

Over-Head
03-15-2011, 07:48 PM
Seahawks. That fluorescent green is an serious eyesore. If the look on the wifes face was any indication of the true color...i`m sure glad i`m color blind

Al Bundy
03-15-2011, 09:19 PM

They only led last year because a bunch of overweight white christians found a guy that looks like them to root for.

RealSNR
03-15-2011, 09:27 PM

Thank you. Why everybody is obsessed with the powder blues I'll never understand. The Chargers look like sissies in those uniforms

milkman
03-15-2011, 09:35 PM

Thank you. Why everybody is obsessed with the powder blues I'll never understand. The Chargers look like sissies in those uniforms

Sorry that you guys have such horrible taste.

The Chargers old time powder blues are some of the best uniforms in all of sports.

Rams Fan
03-15-2011, 09:38 PM
To be honest I was never a fan of the Panthers/Jags uni's since they've been part of this league.

The old AFL Broncos take the cake though...those are horrendous.

Vikings uni's are bad, so are the new Lions uni's, Buffalo's current jerseys, Tennessee Titans, St Louis Rams (they need to go back to the old blue/gold pre-2000). Arizona Cardinals, Cleveland Browns,

**** yes. They now wear the pre-2000 unis as an alternate. So it's a start.

Easy 6
03-16-2011, 10:32 AM
All of which (except for the word "terrible") make theirs one of the best looking unis in the league, IMO.

I agree, its the perfect outfit for hiding in a large pile of fall leaves :)

The Franchise
03-16-2011, 10:38 AM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2718/4430372424_7b2f78b4cd.jpg

ClevelandBronco
03-16-2011, 11:17 AM
I agree, its the perfect outfit for hiding in a large pile of fall leaves :)

Or for playing football, back when they used to play it properly:

http://www.annenbergspaceforphotography.org/images/ss_sport/Leifer/FOOTBALL4.jpg

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-18-2011, 01:12 PM
Like the Browns uni. Seahags are just terrible. God awful. Should be banned.