PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Clark Hunt Sent an Email....

gblowfish
03-16-2011, 12:49 PM
To all season ticket holders today. Here 'tis:

Dear George,

Thank you for your support of the Kansas City Chiefs. We recognize the importance of our Season Ticket Holders and are grateful for your continued loyalty.

Much has been written and said in the past few days about the status of the NFL's Collective Bargaining Agreement with the players. Many of you have contacted customer relations with questions regarding your account or looking for updated information on the process. We appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us, and we hope to answer as many of your questions as we can in this letter.

In most negotiations, if all sides give a little, a deal can be reached. Last week, the NFL proposed a deal to the players that more than met them in the middle on the economic issues. The league's proposal also included provisions designed to enhance player health and safety and significantly improve benefits for retired players. Unfortunately, the players rejected this proposal and walked away from the negotiating table.

We know you are disappointed that negotiations broke down. I was also disappointed that an agreement was not reached last week, but I am not discouraged. While it's impossible for me, or anyone, to predict the next steps in the process, I hope it will lead back to the negotiating table and, ultimately, to a full 2011 season.

However, in the event preseason or regular-season home games are missed, you will receive a full refund for any cancelled Chiefs home games. Details of the refund policy were sent to you previously and are available on our website.

Ultimately, we understand that our fans want us to return to football as soon as possible. After a season that began with Monday Night Magic at the grand opening of the New Arrowhead, and culminated in a division championship, we are more focused than ever on improving every area of our team. We know there will be football in the future – and we have already started to plan for the 2011 season. Our football staff is hard at work preparing for the 2011 NFL Draft and our business operations staff is using fan feedback to make the Arrowhead experience the best in the NFL.

We are committed to keeping you informed of our plans and welcome your feedback. If you have questions or comments, please send them to customerrelations@kcchiefs.org.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Sincerely,
Clark Hunt
Chairman and CEO

DaneMcCloud
03-16-2011, 01:01 PM
That's the same exact letter that appears on their website

Fish
03-16-2011, 01:02 PM
After a season that began with Monday Night Magic at the grand opening of the New Arrowhead, and culminated in a division championship, we are more focused than ever on improving every area of our team.

Hmmm.... My memory must be a little off.. I thought the season was culminated in a horrible ugly playoff loss at Arrowhead...

Brock
03-16-2011, 01:04 PM
See? We care. But we're keeping your money for now.

Bill Lundberg
03-16-2011, 01:30 PM
See? We care. But we're keeping your money for now.

Exactly. Which is why I cancelled my season tickets at least until they get it worked out. I still had an outstanding balance of around $1200 on the payment plan and I'll be damned if I'm sending them any more to sit on until this gets resolved.

I doubt that I'll have any issues getting my seats back once this gets resolved. If I do, I'll simply enjoy the games from the man cave.

Rooster
03-16-2011, 02:19 PM
Freaking slave owners. :mad:

Old Dog
03-16-2011, 02:29 PM
Here's to hoping we are scheduled for the first two preseason games at Arrowhead and they're the only ones cancelled before they get this mess worked out.

kcxiv
03-16-2011, 02:33 PM
Hmmm.... My memory must be a little off.. I thought the season was culminated in a horrible ugly playoff loss at Arrowhead...

Thats because you want to see it as half empty. I would hope he would see it half full.

What the fuck was he supposed to say, blew the whole season? we really didnt. The ending did suck though.

ClevelandBronco
03-16-2011, 02:35 PM
You guys won the division? Congratulations.

gblowfish
03-16-2011, 02:52 PM
I wonder how much they make in interest off these early payments?

Frazod
03-16-2011, 02:54 PM
You guys won the division? Congratulations.

Looks like we have a great chance to retain the crown through 2011, too. :D

Rooster
03-16-2011, 03:03 PM
Looks like we have a great chance to retain the crown through 2011, too. :D

Could be a perfect season too.

chiefsnorth
03-16-2011, 03:06 PM
This is a union... Even if that proposal was acceptable, and even if they privately have established that they have no intention of impacting the season, they will still drag it out to the last day to squeeze every last ounce they can.

Bill Lundberg
03-16-2011, 03:07 PM
Clark should take a lesson from Mr. Mara

@BobGlauber
Bob Glauber
John Mara already a beloved figure within Giants' org. Now more so: No charge for tix until lockout over. No employee paycuts/layoffs.