PDA

View Full Version : Which WR do you draft?

Chiefnj2
03-21-2011, 09:42 AM
Assume Green and Jones are off the board.

KC is taking a WR with the 21st pick.

Who do you prefer? Hankerson, Baldwin or Smith?

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/M9Uu9gm6Ea0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5A_6n_eoI2o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WbzuT2K0B68" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Franchise
03-21-2011, 09:46 AM
God.....I honestly wouldn't be disappointed with either of these three at #21.

I would probably rank them....

1. Smith
2. Baldwin
3. Hankerson

EDIT: Actually.....I'm sticking by my original stance of when I first thought about drafting him.

I'm going with.

1. Baldwin
2a. Smith
2b. Hankerson

Archie Bunker
03-21-2011, 09:55 AM
1. Hankerson
2. Smith

3. Baldwin

doomy3
03-21-2011, 09:59 AM
1. Baldwin
2. Hankerson
3. Smith

SuperChief
03-21-2011, 10:01 AM
1. Hankerson
2. Smith
3. Baldwin

FTW

ModSocks
03-21-2011, 12:28 PM
Damn, I was on the Smith Bandwagon, but after doing some more research....I think Ima have to do some more research.

jd1020
03-21-2011, 12:38 PM
I'm suprised at how many votes Hankerson is getting. Every single one of these guys are in the late first/early second projection but we are talking 21. If the Chiefs are looking for a speed guy I would hope they would look at Smith. He's explosive, unlike Hankerson who I think will find it hard to get off the line and actually use his speed. If the Chiefs are looking for a big, Bowe type, WR with great hands I would hope they would look at Baldwin. The downside on Baldwin is that he doesn't get seperation but catches pretty much everything. Hankerson is good and all but the other 2 guys are better, depending on which type you are looking for.

1) Smith - best value at #21, imo.
2) Baldwin - Bowe with better hands.
3) Hankerson - 2nd round, if he's there.

DJ's left nut
03-21-2011, 12:39 PM
Titus Young - Desean Jackson Light.

ModSocks
03-21-2011, 12:48 PM
Hrmmm.....

I Love Baldwin's skill set, but people are questioning his charector and passion for the game? huge red flag.

Loving Hankerson's Charector and work ethic, but is he really dropping easy balls. Another D-Bowe would drive me insane on game day.

The thing about Smith that irks me is the fact that he's never catching the ball away from his body....

Tough one....

Based on Potential and current skill set:

Baldwin
Smith
Hankerson

Who I think the Chiefs would like:

Hankerson
Smith
Baldwin

Ima go with:

smith
HAnkerson
Baldwin

...But I might change that in a few days.

warrior
03-21-2011, 12:53 PM
Hankerson would be my choice hopefully in the 2nd round though.

Wilson8
03-21-2011, 04:17 PM
Nationalfootballpost.com did an interesting tier ranking -

Jon Baldwin was grouped in Tier 4 - Becomes a quality starter during his rookie year.

Titus Young, Tier 5 -Contributes first year, starts second.

Leonard Hankerson, Tier 6 - Contributes first year, eventually will be expected to assume starting role.

Torrey Smith, Tier 10 - Potential starter with one deficient area of skill that will be difficult to overcome.

I think the Chiefs best possible picks with the 21st would be in the Tier 4 group, Gabe Carimi, Stefen Wisniewski, Akeem Ayers, or Jon Baldwin.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/NFL-prospect-tier-rankings.html

Chiefnj2
03-22-2011, 06:24 AM
Nationalfootballpost.com did an interesting tier ranking -

Jon Baldwin was grouped in Tier 4 - Becomes a quality starter during his rookie year.

Titus Young, Tier 5 -Contributes first year, starts second.

Leonard Hankerson, Tier 6 - Contributes first year, eventually will be expected to assume starting role.

Torrey Smith, Tier 10 - Potential starter with one deficient area of skill that will be difficult to overcome.

I think the Chiefs best possible picks with the 21st would be in the Tier 4 group, Gabe Carimi, Stefen Wisniewski, Akeem Ayers, or Jon Baldwin.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/NFL-prospect-tier-rankings.html

Their big board is very different than most:

Dareus: 15th
Amukamara: 26th
Gabbert: 43rd
Taylor: 58
Smith: 59

Chiefnj2
03-22-2011, 08:40 AM
My final thoughts on these 3 receivers:

Hankerson - Probably the highest floor of the three. He's a hard worker, but I wonder if the fact that he's been working with Duper the last two years means he's reached more of his potential already. Despite all the hard work, he still doesn't catch all that cleanly and doesn't play as fast as his combine #s.

Baldwin - Doesn't strike me as the hardest worker. Good body control and not afraid to go over the middle. Takes a long time to get up to speed. I view him as a poor man's Bowe.

Smith - Probably the rawest of the three, but he has the natural timed and on field speed that KC desperately needs. Lowest floor and highest ceiling of the three. Work on catching with his hands and route running and you could have a special player.

ModSocks
03-22-2011, 10:15 AM
One receiver no one is talking about but might be a nice rnd two or 3 pick is Edmond Gates.

Ran a 4.37 at the combine and just had an 11' broad jump at his pro day. Watching his highlights, the guy plays as fast as he times.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/09000d5d81ea55cd/2011-combine-workout-Edmond-Gates

ModSocks
03-22-2011, 10:22 AM
One receiver no one is talking about but might be a nice rnd two or 3 pick is Edmond Gates.

Ran a 4.37 at the combine and just had an 11' broad jump at his pro day. Watching his highlights, the guy plays as fast as he times.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/09000d5d81ea55cd/2011-combine-workout-Edmond-Gates

eh...apparently he'd also be a 25 year old rookie and was kicked off his JUCO basketball team.

Urc Burry
03-22-2011, 11:49 AM
Hankerson seems to be the safest pick to me

ModSocks
03-22-2011, 11:52 AM
Hankerson seems to be the safest pick to me

But has less upside, IMO, than Baldwin or Smith.

I wish Baldwin wasn't pegged as a slacker. Dude has Brandon Marshall type talent. Baldwin seems to have sick hands.

But, I think he'll be more of a Plaxico Burress. Now, is that a bad thing or not?

The Franchise
03-22-2011, 12:32 PM
Does Baldwin have a little attitude? Yeah. But he also had to deal with complete shit at QB. Look at his highlights. He was usually overthrown or underthrown.

The Franchise
03-22-2011, 12:34 PM
Bowe and Baldwin would be fucking awesome.

ModSocks
03-22-2011, 12:47 PM
Does Baldwin have a little attitude? Yeah. But he also had to deal with complete shit at QB. Look at his highlights. He was usually overthrown or underthrown.

I dont care about the attitude, but being pegged as lazy? That's unsettling. Taking plays off, not finishing routes, etc, will not fly with Haley.

The Franchise
03-22-2011, 12:51 PM
I dont care about the attitude, but being pegged as lazy? That's unsettling. Taking plays off, not finishing routes, etc, will not fly with Haley.

And look what he did with Bowe.

ModSocks
03-22-2011, 01:11 PM

Another thing about Baldwin is that he doesn't seem to get much seperation, and that'll only be worse on the pro level. And With Matt "I dont throw unless he's wide open" Cassel at QB, I'm not sure he would do that well here.

i keep watching everything i can find on him. He moves like Marques Colston.

hope
03-22-2011, 02:48 PM

exactly

Tribal Warfare
03-22-2011, 03:36 PM
eh...apparently he'd also be a 25 year old rookie and was kicked off his JUCO basketball team.

and has 3 kids

milkman
03-22-2011, 05:27 PM
and has 3 kids

And that matters because?

salame
03-22-2011, 05:56 PM
I like Hankerson

ChiefsCountry
03-22-2011, 06:22 PM
But he also had to deal with complete shit at QB.

He will feel like he never left college here then. :thumb:

Chiefnj2
03-22-2011, 08:15 PM
And that matters because?

We don't want him to beat Derrick Thomas' record.

Bewbies
03-23-2011, 11:48 PM
Saying all 3 have the same work ethic and mental makeup, I'd prefer Baldwin.

But if one of these 3 is going to work WAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY harder than the rest of them, I'd take him.

Chiefnj2
04-28-2011, 09:10 PM
Bump

Bewbies
04-28-2011, 09:26 PM
I win.

doomy3
04-28-2011, 10:09 PM
1. Baldwin
2. Hankerson
3. Smith

I'm fucking ecstatic.

MahiMike
04-28-2011, 10:21 PM
Schweet!

BossChief
04-28-2011, 10:22 PM
.Baldwin would be a perfect fit for our offense. Great hands. Great blocker. Fast. Great in red zone. Always gets open.

If he fell to our pick and there wasn't an elite NT or OLB available, he would be a great pick.

I have seen him in a few games and have seen him make some great catches and cant really say I remember him dropping any. Very strong after the catch as well and that is what this offense thrives on.

I think he would be a trusted target of Cassel from day one and a reliable weapon on third down as well as in the endzone.

If we landed Baldwin with our first rounder to go along with Bowe and Moeaki...our red zone offense would be ELITE.

My hope is that Baldwin falls to us or that we trade for Larry Fitzgerald if his price tag is reasonable.

Either would be a homerun and would elevate this offense to another level.

Baldwin would be a perfect fit for this offense IMO.

I LOVE the way tonight went down.

Great day for us.

Chiefshrink
04-28-2011, 11:00 PM

Nothing personal here but Bowe still drops easy 3rd down conversion passes. But he is improving overtime I will give him that:thumb:

Still a work in progress.

Chief_For_Life58
04-29-2011, 12:34 AM
Baldwin is a beast..all u guys who called that is awesome...GO CHIEFS!!! our offense is gonna be DIRTY!!!!! LETS GO!!! This draft is already shaping up to be MONEY!!!!! CHIEFFFSSSSSS

Bewbies
04-29-2011, 01:01 AM
Baldwin is a beast..all u guys who called that is awesome...GO CHIEFS!!! our offense is gonna be DIRTY!!!!! LETS GO!!! This draft is already shaping up to be MONEY!!!!! CHIEFFFSSSSSS

Are you a fucking snake or something?

DaKCMan AP
04-29-2011, 06:48 AM
Baldwin - Doesn't strike me as the hardest worker. Good body control and not afraid to go over the middle. Takes a long time to get up to speed. I view him as a poor man's Bowe.

I guess I missed this thread while I was on work travel, but how the hell is Baldwin a poor man's Bowe? He's a better prospect in almost every way.

Baldwin is faster, bigger, stronger and has MUCH better hands coming out of college compared to Bowe. Plus he's a year younger than Bowe was.

Chiefnj2
04-29-2011, 07:25 AM
I guess I missed this thread while I was on work travel, but how the hell is Baldwin a poor man's Bowe? He's a better prospect in almost every way.

Baldwin is faster, bigger, stronger and has MUCH better hands coming out of college compared to Bowe. Plus he's a year younger than Bowe was.

If he's a better prospect than Bowe was why wasn't he taken higher? Cleveland could have moved up and taken him, Baltimore could have gotten their pick in if they really wanted him.

He's a good prospect, he's just not consistent and there are questions about his effort. Of the second tier of WR's, he was the guy whose name was always raised as being the diva.

I understand Pitt's offense was atrocious, but you'd think with a potential 1st round NFL WR the team could have/would have gone to him a little more. He only had 5 TD's this past year and 1 TD in the last 6 games. 6 games with 3 or fewer receptions. Even in 2009 with a better QB and offense, he had 5 games with 3 or fewer receptions. And, lets face it, they didn't face the toughest competition.

I don't think it's a bad pick. It's a good pick at a position of need. He's a good prospect, but he underperformed a bit and wasn't known for giving the best effort at all times. He seemed to not fit the Pioli "53" profile. Hopefully Haley can crack the whip and bring out his potential.

Sofa King
04-29-2011, 09:08 AM
I hope we draft Baldwin.

Chiefnj2
09-27-2011, 08:58 AM
Bump.

Hankerson is healthy and hasn't done anything yet.

Baldwin rumors are that he might finally dress up this weekend.

Torrey Smith suited up this past week and had the best game a rookie WR could ever have nabbing 3 TDs. Big play maker.