PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs to hold workouts for TCU QB, UNC TE

redfan
03-21-2011, 12:02 PM
From Rivals/Yahoo:

While private workouts with prospects are commonplace in the weeks leading up to the draft, the Chiefs' scheduled workout with TCU QB Andy Dalton is particularly intriguing. Following a successful pro day that likely vaulted his draft stock quite a bit, Dalton is slated to perform privately for at least a half-dozen teams. Kansas City's interest, however, could indicate that the club is ready to move on from backup QB Brodie Croyle(notes), who struggled in 2010 and is scheduled to hit the free-agent market. While signalcaller is not atop the Chiefs' offseason priority list, they learned the importance of having a competent No. 2 QB when Matt Cassel(notes) missed time last season.

+

University of North Carolina tight end Ryan Taylor is scheduled to work out for the Kansas City Chiefs on Wednesday, according to a league source with knowledge of the situation.
Taylor is slated to audition for Chiefs tight ends coach Bernie Parmalee.
A special-teams captain for the Tar Heels, Taylor offers positional versatility because he can play fullback or H-back and is regarded as a physical, aggressive player.
Taylor had a knee injury earlier in his career for the Tar Heels.
Taylor had 19 special-teams tackles two seasons ago, also operating as a reserve linebacker.
Against North Carolina State in 2008, Taylor played tight end, linebacker and on special teams in the same game.
Taylor is graded as a later-round to priority free agent.

The Franchise
03-21-2011, 12:04 PM
Sweet.....we're trading up to draft another TE.

gblowfish
03-21-2011, 12:14 PM
Moeaki has been injury prone. Might be a good idea to replace O'Connell as the backup.

BigCatDaddy
03-21-2011, 12:25 PM
I like that we are at least looking at a QB.

CrazyPhuD
03-21-2011, 12:57 PM
Fuck yea....AQBBC

KurtCobain
03-21-2011, 02:01 PM
I think it's obvious Dalton or McElroy or Stanzi is going to be Cassel's backup. And it's bullshit because we could easily go get Drew Stanton, who would make Cassel the fucking backup.

-King-
03-21-2011, 02:03 PM
I think it's obvious Dalton or McElroy or Stanzi is going to be Cassel's backup. And it's bullshit because we could easily go get Drew Stanton, who would make Cassel the fucking backup.

:spock::spock: How do you figure that? Drew Stanton may be a good backup, but I'm pretty sure he's not as good as Cassel. I mean, he was behind Stafford and Shaun Hill in Detroit, he cant be THAT good.

Easy 6
03-21-2011, 02:09 PM
None of this matters anyway, its hard for me to get excited about any personel moves we make right now, or in the draft.

Likely as not, the closest we'll get to seeing our guys in action is to stalk their house & watch them toss the ball around with their kids.

KC native
03-21-2011, 02:15 PM
Hell yea, the ginger is coming in for a workout.

Dalton may end up being a more serviceable qb than castle. His arm strength is better and he's mobile. The question is whether he can make the NFL level reads. He made tremendous improvements over the course of his career at TCU and especially from his junior to senior year.

The Franchise
03-21-2011, 02:18 PM
:spock::spock: How do you figure that? Drew Stanton may be a good backup, but I'm pretty sure he's not as good as Cassel. I mean, he was behind Stafford and Shaun Hill in Detroit, he cant be THAT good.

Yeah.....because the Lions FO is going to start Stanton over Stafford......

Did you watch any of the games that Stanton played in?

KurtCobain
03-21-2011, 02:28 PM

Dude, it's been a fucked up ride for him in Detroit. No way in hell he gets an honest shot, what if he looks better than Stafford? Not gonna happen. However, in relief, he looked pretty good for a raw QB who hasn't been given an honest NFL shot. The last couple of games showed from him showed me more than Cassel ever has as a Chief.

If an organization took a flyer on him and put some faith behind him, he could end up being a GREAT qb imo.

Also, I enjoyed watching Stanton's college career much more than Cassel's.

Sannyasi
03-21-2011, 04:44 PM
Dude, it's been a ****ed up ride for him in Detroit. No way in hell he gets an honest shot, what if he looks better than Stafford? Not gonna happen. However, in relief, he looked pretty good for a raw QB who hasn't been given an honest NFL shot. The last couple of games showed from him showed me more than Cassel ever has as a Chief.

If an organization took a flyer on him and put some faith behind him, he could end up being a GREAT qb imo.

Also, I enjoyed watching Stanton's college career much more than Cassel's.

How many pro bowls does Drew Stanton have? :p

Seriously though, I'm not as confident in Stanton as you are. If I had my choice I'd rather draft our own QB than trade for someone elses backup. But either option would be preferable then going into next season with our current QB situation. Brodie Croyle is nothing at all to me.

The Franchise
03-21-2011, 04:45 PM
How many pro bowls does Drew Stanton have? :p

Seriously though, I'm not as confident in Stanton as you are. If I had my choice I'd rather draft our own QB than trade for someone elses backup. But either option would be preferable then going into next season with our current QB situation. Brodie Croyle is nothing at all to me.

I'm not saying that we should trade for Stanton. And I still think that we should draft one as well.