Now THIS is a tough heat.

KurtCobain
03-23-2011, 05:03 PM
um?

poll?

please?

Bugeater
03-23-2011, 05:05 PM
The Cult, and no one else. That wasn't tough at all.

Dartgod
03-23-2011, 05:11 PM
I refuse to vote for Freebird

Predarat
03-23-2011, 05:11 PM
Hey Rainman would be proud of me, one of my votes was Springsteen.

Rain Man
03-23-2011, 05:12 PM
My rankings:

Born to Run, Bruce Springsteen & The E-Street Band - You want a rock and roll song? We got a rock and roll song. Good lyrics, driving guitar, disaffected youth theme, it's got it all. #1 vote.

Run Through the Jungle, Creedence Clearwater Revival - Not as well known as most CCR songs, but it's a good hard-rocking number. And running through a jungle is a pretty manly activity. #2 vote.

Son of a Preacher Man, Dusty Springfield - Is it rock and roll? Not sure. But Dusty gets my #3 vote for a highly singable song.

Wild Thing, The Troggs - It's not the most complex song in the world, but who doesn't like Wild Thing? Just missed the vote.

Freebird, Lynyrd Skynyrd - I'd be fine if this advances, and my age/gender demographic requires me to salute whenever it's played, but it's not a song that wows me as much as it apparently does others.

A Day In the Life, the Beatles - Good song. Not a great song, but a good song.

She Sells Sanctuary, The Cult - Eh.

Nightrain, Guns N Roses - I now know that they performed with Springsteen, which helps a lot, but I still can't move them out of the #8 spot. Maybe if he was actually in the group as the lead singer and then brought in his guitars and bass and piano and organ...

Rain Man
03-23-2011, 05:13 PM
Hey Rainman would be proud of me, one of my votes was Springsteen.

C'mere, man. Let me give you a hug where nothing touches but our shoulders.

KurtCobain
03-23-2011, 05:13 PM
I voted only suckage.

Rain Man
03-23-2011, 05:14 PM
I voted only suckage.

Nothing personal, but when we eventually meet I'm going to knee you in the groin for that.

KurtCobain
03-23-2011, 05:16 PM
Nothing personal, but when we eventually meet I'm going to knee you in the groin for that.

I'm already pretty livid with you because of this poll. It's on, old man.

threebag
03-23-2011, 05:19 PM
Bring in his own organ? Huh.

KurtCobain
03-23-2011, 05:19 PM
Signs is better than all these songs.

Rain Man
03-23-2011, 05:22 PM
I'm already pretty livid with you because of this poll. It's on, old man.

Meet me at Heathrow Airport, Tuesday, April 3rd at 12:00 near the fish and chips stand. If you don't show up, I'm going to brand you a coward.

Bugeater
03-23-2011, 05:23 PM
She Sells Sanctuary, The Cult - Eh.

Don't even think about a hug from me.

KurtCobain
03-23-2011, 05:24 PM
Meet me at Heathrow Airport, Tuesday, April 3rd at 12:00 near the fish and chips stand. If you don't show up, I'm going to brand you a coward.

Screw that, meet me here in KC in two hours in front of the Sprint Center. If you're not there you're an effing panzy.

Rain Man
03-23-2011, 05:25 PM
Don't even think about a hug from me.

Okay.

But hey, can you do me a favor? Go to KC and stand in front of the Sprint Center in a couple of hours. Thanks in advance.

Rasputin
03-23-2011, 05:33 PM
I maybe the only one to vote for Nightrain from this list. All these songs are good imo. I drank Nightrain for many years as a cheap thrill & just to get drunk. Yea I was loaded like a freight train, flying like an aeroplane and feelin like a space brain...

A bottle of Nightrain cost $3.50 then and now about $4.50. AKA liquid crack or satins blood. It has an apple sour taste and best served cold. First time I drank the stuff I passed out with in an hour. I built up a tollerance and could drink two bottles of it and then some. The wine Nightrain lives up to the songs references.

Psyko Tek
03-23-2011, 08:03 PM
Springsteen
troggs
and ccr

very tough heat
picked the troggs cause that is rock'n roll

the other two need no explanation

Psyko Tek
03-23-2011, 08:09 PM
I maybe the only one to vote for Nightrain from this list. All these songs are good imo. I drank Nightrain for many years as a cheap thrill & just to get drunk. Yea I was loaded like a freight train, flying like an aeroplane and feelin like a space brain...

A bottle of Nightrain cost $3.50 then and now about $4.50. AKA liquid crack or satins blood. It has an apple sour taste and best served cold. First time I drank the stuff I passed out with in an hour. I built up a tollerance and could drink two bottles of it and then some. The wine Nightrain lives up to the songs references.

wow
I remember that and thunder bird(it's the word) form college
2 bottles
there is some serious damage
we used it to make "wine coolers" in the 80's
one guy got kidney damage

and Jake Blues says it's nasty

KurtCobain
03-23-2011, 08:42 PM
Rainman is mexican right? Because I think I just beat his ass outside the sprint center.

Reaper16
03-23-2011, 08:44 PM
My votes:

1.) "She Sells Sanctuary" is awesome.

*giant gulf*

2.) "Freebird" has a solo that is pretty legendary.

3.) "Born to Run" is an undeniably classic rock song.

Rain Man
03-23-2011, 09:09 PM
Rainman is mexican right? Because I think I just beat his ass outside the sprint center.

Simple logic says it can't be me. Why? Because I never lose.

Oh, and look! Look! Springsteen is in the top three!

KurtCobain
03-23-2011, 09:35 PM

In the duration of this poll, you went from one of my favorite posters on here with bugeater and fax and guru and such, to down there with hootie. Shame.

Wax your ears out man, then relisten to all this music.

Reaper16
03-23-2011, 09:40 PM
Simple logic says it can't be me. Why? Because I never lose.

I voted for a Bruce song. You're welcome.

Rain Man
03-23-2011, 09:48 PM
I voted for a Bruce song. You're welcome.

You are a great human being, and if our ship ever goes down I'll help pull you into the lifeboat.

Rain Man
03-23-2011, 09:49 PM
In the duration of this poll, you went from one of my favorite posters on here with bugeater and fax and guru and such, to down there with hootie. Shame.

Wax your ears out man, then relisten to all this music.

If our ship goes down, good luck to you in finding a lifeboat.

KurtCobain
03-23-2011, 09:56 PM
If our ship goes down, good luck to you in finding a lifeboat.

I don't need a lifeboat, I can die knowing my taste in music is superior to yours.

Rain Man
03-23-2011, 09:59 PM
I don't need a lifeboat, I can die knowing my taste in music is superior to yours.

Do you like "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"? I would've nominated it if there was any chance it was a rock song.

Bugeater
03-23-2011, 10:00 PM
Do you like "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"? I would've nominated it if there was any chance it was a rock song.
Why wouldn't it be a rock song?

Great Expectations
03-23-2011, 10:08 PM
Only on a camarohead board could A Day in the Life lose to Freebird and Born to Run.

Rain Man
03-23-2011, 10:09 PM
Why wouldn't it be a rock song?

I think of Gordon Lightfoot as a folk singer and not a rock singer. How would you classify him?

If you classify him as rock, we're going to have to start this whole tournament over, because Edmund Fitzgerald would have to be in it.

Gadzooks
03-23-2011, 10:14 PM
My votes:

2.) "Freebird" has a solo that is pretty legendary.

I thought it was a duo.

Bugeater
03-23-2011, 10:15 PM
I think of Gordon Lightfoot as a folk singer and not a rock singer. How would you classify him?

If you classify him as rock, we're going to have to start this whole tournament over, because Edmund Fitzgerald would have to be in it.
Hmmm...I dunno. I'm pretty sure there's a guitar solo in it, which would make me lean towards it being rock. I'm going to have to go listen to it again to make sure.

Reaper16
03-23-2011, 10:16 PM
I thought it was a duo.
It's something of a trio. Good point. I amend my post to read "lead guitar frenzy section."

BillSelfsTrophycase
03-23-2011, 10:19 PM
I refuse to vote for Freebird

Freebird will win...Resistance is Futile

http://radgeek.com/gt/2004/03/22/LocutusOfBorg.jpg

patteeu
03-24-2011, 12:27 AM
#1 The Cult - She Sells Sanctuary is by far the best song here, IMO.
#2 The Troggs - This song epitomizes RnR
#3 Lynyrd Skynyrd - Once it gets rollin, it's beautiful

I wanted to vote for Bruce Springsteen and Dusty Springfield, but they just weren't up to the competition in this fine heat. Day In The Life and Nighttrain are the only horrible options here.

Los Pollos Hermanos
03-24-2011, 05:39 AM
The Cult, and no one else. That wasn't tough at all.

ditto

MahiMike
03-24-2011, 06:43 AM
I intentionally left Freebird out 'cause I'm so sick of listening to it!

kc rush
03-24-2011, 07:14 AM
The Cult and The Beatles. No third choice for me. Some of the other songs are ok, but I'm kind of tired of them.

Chiefnj2
03-24-2011, 07:15 AM
I can't recall the last time I listened to Freebird in its entirety.

1. Bruce.
2. The Cult
3. Son of a Preacher Man just edged out Run to the Jungle

Rain Man
03-24-2011, 05:17 PM
Shutting down. Moving to the third round are:

Freebird
Born to Run, an epic rock and roll song about redemption, dreams, and life in America
Run Through the Jungle

I'm pleasantly surprised to see Run Through the Jungle make it. It's a great song, but I wasn't sure how well known it was.

DJJasonp
03-24-2011, 08:44 PM
The Cult is getting screwed here.....

Bugeater
03-24-2011, 08:45 PM
The Cult is getting screwed here.....
No shit, that song is eleventy billion times better than any CCR song.