PDA

View Full Version : Money Rat Bastard Credit Card company

Mr. Laz
03-26-2011, 01:55 PM
So i have a couple of different credit cards. One i use regularly and the rest are just backups etc.

one of my backups was getting ready to expire and i hadn't received a new card yet from Capitol One. I called them to make sure there wasn't a problem. To tell the truth, i would of just let it expire but i was worried that it got intercepted in the mail and somebody was going to try to rip me off so i called the company to make sure.

The rep said that there was no problem with my account and that he would have my card mailed out right away. He then told me my new card number. I asked him why the need for the new card and he said in case the old card # was stolen. I asked if that meant the card WAS mailed and he said he didn't know. I was tired of waiting on the phone so i just said "fine" and we finished it up.

fast forward to 3 months later ....

i get a bill from Capitol One saying my account is past due and i need to make a payment or they will continue to charge me penalty interest etc.

WTF ... i haven't used it, i never use it

so i pull up the account online and i see a charge for $15 three months ago. A late fee charge of $20 two months ago,$21 dollars one month ago and $22 dollars for this month

that little rep bastard had charged me a $15 fast card replacement fee and didn't tell me about it. Then the company started charging me a monthly $20+ monthly late fee for the sneaky ass replacement card fee.

i guess the assholes decided that if i wasn't going to use the card they would just make debt for me.

:cuss:

Stewie
03-26-2011, 02:00 PM
They have to pay Alec Baldwin! C'mon and pony up.

j/k... BUT Alec Baldwin doing commercials for Capital One is the biggest hypocrisy in the world. Hey Alec! You'll peddle shit for Cap One for a few bucks? Cap One? Really?

R8RFAN
03-26-2011, 02:04 PM
STFUSTFUSTFUSTFU

DaFace
03-26-2011, 02:05 PM
Did they not send you statements or anything? The whole thing's a little odd to me. I've never paid a replacement card fee either, though I've only had to replace one once.

Regardless, I'd give them a call and ask what happened. They'll often waive fees like that if you've been a good customer otherwise.

Over-Head
03-26-2011, 02:07 PM
STFUSTFUSTFUSTFU
LMAO

Dave Lane
03-26-2011, 02:08 PM
They are probably union workers after all. Big businesses are not to be trifled with as they are always right.

I heard it right here. :)

Mr. Laz
03-26-2011, 02:10 PM
Did they not send you statements or anything? The whole thing's a little odd to me. I've never paid a replacement card fee either, though I've only had to replace one once.
i got paperless so i don't have to deal with a bunch of crap mail. I get a message every month saying my statement is available but since i never use that card i never went and looked.

I guess after a few months an account goes delinquent and they start sending hard copy statements out no matter what. The account supervisor i talked to today said she had never seen that Fast Card charge before either.

Frazod
03-26-2011, 02:11 PM
What's in YOUR wallet?

Mr. Laz
03-26-2011, 02:12 PM
They are probably union workers after all. Big businesses are not to be trifled with as they are always right.

I heard it right here. :)
lol ... are you going to follow me around and put a Union comment in every thread i post in?

:p

Mr. Laz
What's in YOUR wallet?less money if it was up to those fuggers

DaFace
i got paperless so i don't have to deal with a bunch of crap mail. I get a message every month saying my statement is available but since i never use that card i never went and looked.

I guess after a few months an account goes delinquent and they start sending hard copy statements out no matter what. The account supervisor i talked to today said she had never seen that Fast Card charge before either.

Did she waive the charges then?

Frazod
03-26-2011, 02:13 PM
less money if it was up to those fuggers

Sorry. Somebody had to be first in with it. :D

R8RFAN
03-26-2011, 02:13 PM
less money if it was up to those fuggers

STFUSTFU

The Franchise
03-26-2011, 02:17 PM
STFUSTFU

Seriously dude.....go fuck yourself with a fucking chainsaw.

Mr. Laz
03-26-2011, 02:18 PM
Did she waive the charges then?
eventually ... she basically tried to barter with me about removing each charge, one at a time. I wouldn't agree to it and said that the initial $15 dollar charge wasn't approved by me and therefore the rest of the balance was invalid.

Then she went on to read a lengthy disclaimer about how this wasn't normal procedure and that in the future they reserve the right to not approve it. Then she finally clear the charges completely.

DaFace
03-26-2011, 02:21 PM
eventually ... she basically tried to barter with me about removing each charge, one at a time. I wouldn't agree to it and said that the initial $15 dollar charge wasn't approved by me and therefore the rest of the balance was invalid.

Then she went on to read a lengthy disclaimer about how this wasn't normal procedure and that in the future they reserve the right to not approve it. Then she finally clear the charges completely.

Cool. Check your bills next time. :p

Phobia
03-26-2011, 02:21 PM
Credit cards are the devil.

Bugeater
03-26-2011, 02:22 PM
Heh, this reminds me of a local bar that I used to go to watch MNF, whenever you order chicken wings they always ask you if you want ranch with them and don't bother to tell you it's an extra $3. Shitty business practices seem to be the norm across the board these days.

R8RFAN
03-26-2011, 02:22 PM
Credit cards are the devil.

STFU

DaFace
03-26-2011, 02:23 PM
STFU

Apparently this will be your last post in this thread since your smiley count has been declining each time. There are no more left!

Mr. Laz
Cool. Check your bills next time. :p
:p

Phobia
STFU

Serious. I don't use them. Won't ever use them again.

The Franchise
03-26-2011, 02:55 PM
Aww......I got neg rep from R8ers.

Rain Man
03-26-2011, 02:57 PM
Heh, this reminds me of a local bar that I used to go to watch MNF, whenever you order chicken wings they always ask you if you want ranch with them and don't bother to tell you it's an extra $3. Shitty business practices seem to be the norm across the board these days.

That's a huge pet peeve of mine.

R8RFAN
03-26-2011, 03:00 PM
Hey ... Whoever changed my name that is great, make it DebtZero