PDA

View Full Version : Football Aqib Talib invovled in shooting?

Al Bundy
03-28-2011, 09:02 AM
http://www.bucsnation.com/2011/3/28/2076467/aqib-talib-implicated-in-texas-shooting
Aqib Talib implicated in Texas shooting

Footballav_tiny by Sander on Mar 28, 2011 10:39 AM EDT
As JoeBucsFan notes, Aqib Talib has been named a "Person of Interest" by Garland, Texas police. In an altercation involving his mother, sister and his sister's boyfriend a number of shots were fired. He could be arrested for anything ranging from 'discharging a firearm within a municipality' to 'aggravated assault with a deadly weapon'. According to the Dallas Observer, Aqib Talib tried to allegedly pistol-whip his sister's boyfriend and then fired several shots as the boyfriend fled the scene. It should be noted that this version of events is based on the boyfriend's testimony, although it was corroborated by neighborhood witnesses. While Talib hasn't been charged with anything yet, this could lead to serious charges against the star cornerback. Even if Talib isn't given a prison sentence or even convicted of anything, he could be suspended by Roger Goodell once football returns. It is currently unclear whether the Personal Conduct Policy still applies during a lockout, but I don't think Goodell is going to let shootings go. It's unclear whether Talib's pre-trial intervention program stemming from a 2009 arrest for hitting a cab driver has been brought to a conclusion. If that program is still on-going, it's possible this arrest will have further ramifications for Talib.

This isn't the first time Talib has gotten into trouble, having gotten in fights with teammates before. While Talib was rumoured to have cleaned up his life during the 2010 offseason, it seems that may not be the case after all. Hopefully this will all be resolved swiftly, and it's possible that nothing significant will come of this. But the allegations are serious, and if Talib is given a prison sentence he could be out of football altogether. Whether or not Talib is guilty in this case, he needs to learn to stay away from situations like this, like any professional athlete.

The Bucs aren't allowed to have any contact with Talib or his agent right now, so it'll be tough for them to help Talib or assess the situation in any way. The Bucs may feel that they need to draft another cornerback now, as Talib seems to continue to be a liability off the field.

JFC dude.

eazyb81
03-28-2011, 09:05 AM
Not a great 24 hours for ku sports.

mikeyis4dcats.
03-28-2011, 09:15 AM
what a fvck up.

Jethopper
03-28-2011, 09:16 AM
bad human being

Frazod
03-28-2011, 09:20 AM
I assume he was aiming for the guys knees, and just missed.

gblowfish
03-28-2011, 09:21 AM
He was just mad that his bracket got blown up...

Dante84
03-28-2011, 09:22 AM
I remember Jordy Nelson running by him, but I don't remember any shots being fired.

Bambi
03-28-2011, 09:27 AM

Not a great century for mu sports.

j/k ;)

siberian khatru
03-28-2011, 09:27 AM
I remember Jordy Nelson running by him, but I don't remember any shots being fired.

LMAO

RockChalk
03-28-2011, 09:30 AM

Meh. He doesn't play for KU anymore and he's not really affiliated in any way. Ties to his "era" are gone for the most part.

Sad though that this guy can't get a grip on his life.

Personal dealings with this guy when he was at KU were not comfortable at all though. Was around him a couple of times and he is just flat out scary. You know how sometimes you can just tell a person of off/crazy/dangerous? That was my immediate feeling the few times I was around him.

Frazod
03-28-2011, 09:33 AM
A guy named "Talib" being off, crazy and dangerous? Wow, who'd see that coming?

InChiefsHeaven
03-28-2011, 10:01 AM
Wonder what the sister's boyfriend did to raise Talib's ire? Not saying it's an appropriate response to pistol whip and then shoot at the guy, but it would be interesting to know why he did it...

Dante84
03-28-2011, 10:07 AM
A guy named "Talib" being off, crazy and dangerous? Wow, who'd see that coming?

Talib Kweli resents that.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gT0G_g83T8w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Halfcan
03-28-2011, 10:09 AM
wow anohter nfl star involved in violence-sad

BigCatDaddy
03-28-2011, 10:11 AM
Wonder what the sister's boyfriend did to raise Talib's ire? Not saying it's an appropriate response to pistol whip and then shoot at the guy, but it would be interesting to know why he did it...

Rumor is he pissed in and put out the fire Talib was about to jump over.

Al Bundy
03-29-2011, 03:24 PM
http://thecovertwo.com/2011/03/garland-police-issue-warrant-for-talib/

he Tampa Bay Buccaneer’s cornerback has gotten himself in trouble yet again.

Talib's off-field issues overshadow his onfield success.

Whether it be fighting with his teammates, punching a taxi cab driver, or yelling at officials it seems Talib always has himself in the news for the wrong reasons. This time it’s because Talib is listed as a ‘a person of interest’ in an incident involving his sister and her boyfriend.

Talib’s sister, Saran Talib, got in a dispute with Shannon Billings, her boyfriend, and shots were fired. Police are trying to figure out who fired those shots. According to reporter Rebecca Lopez’s (who works at t WFAA_TV and covers Dallas Police) Twitter acount the police have issued a warrant for Talib.

Garland police just issued a warrant for the arrest of Tamba Bay Cornerback Aquib Talib for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

Also according to Lopez’s Twitter account, if Talib is convicted of this crime he could face anywhere from 5-20 years. Reports are also saying that Talib allegedly attempted to pistol-whipped Billings and then he used his mother’s gun to fire shots at him.

This is bad news for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Talib is a young star in the making. In just 11 games last year he managed to have six interceptions. He was starting to become a Pro-Bowl cornerback before his an injury ended his season. Now it appears a jail sentence could end his career.

Chiefaholic
03-29-2011, 03:44 PM
What a dumbass... The NFL needs to toughen up the rules and give a lifetime ban to punks like this. A 4-6 game suspension is weak allowing dipshits like this to make tens of millions after serving their suspension.

Mr. Laz
03-31-2011, 11:19 AM
<table width="99%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><tr><td id="dnn_LeftPane" class="LeftPane" valign="top">

</td> <td id="dnn_ContentPane" class="ContentPane" valign="top"> <table> <tbody><tr> <td> Talib says his mother fired the shots, not him

</td> </tr> <tr> <td> <table> <tbody><tr> <td valign="top"> <table width="50px" border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td align="center" bgcolor="#CC0000"> Mar</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center"> 31</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> <td valign="top"> 3/31/2011 12:14:22 PM <table> <tbody><tr> <td> | More
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> </tr> <tr> <td> Aquib Tabib is saying that his mother fired the shots at his sister's boyfriend according to Rick Stroud of the St. Petersburg Times (http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs/content/talib-preparing-vigorous-defense-he-surrenders-police).

Privately Talib's been adamant that he did not fire a weapon during the domestic disturbance. Talib told Clint Bowen, a co-defensive coordinator during his career at the University of Kansas, that only his mom pulled the trigger.
“I talked to Aqib two days ago," Bowen said. "I told him, 'I just read something about you firing a gun.' He said, 'Man, I didn't do a thing. It'll all come out soon.' He just kept saying that...He said, 'I didn't do that. That was my mom. It's all going to come out.'''

</td></tr></tbody></table>

</td></tr></tr></tbody></table>

Bowser
03-31-2011, 11:57 AM
<table width="99%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><tr><td id="dnn_LeftPane" class="LeftPane" valign="top">

</td> <td id="dnn_ContentPane" class="ContentPane" valign="top"> <table> <tbody><tr> <td> Talib says his mother fired the shots, not him

</td> </tr> <tr> <td> <table> <tbody><tr> <td valign="top"> <table width="50px" border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td align="center" bgcolor="#CC0000"> Mar</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center"> 31</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> <td valign="top"> 3/31/2011 12:14:22 PM <table> <tbody><tr> <td> | More
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> </tr> <tr> <td> Aquib Tabib is saying that his mother fired the shots at his sister's boyfriend according to Rick Stroud of the St. Petersburg Times (http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs/content/talib-preparing-vigorous-defense-he-surrenders-police).

Privately Talib's been adamant that he did not fire a weapon during the domestic disturbance. Talib told Clint Bowen, a co-defensive coordinator during his career at the University of Kansas, that only his mom pulled the trigger.
“I talked to Aqib two days ago," Bowen said. "I told him, 'I just read something about you firing a gun.' He said, 'Man, I didn't do a thing. It'll all come out soon.' He just kept saying that...He said, 'I didn't do that. That was my mom. It's all going to come out.'''

</td></tr></tbody></table>

</td></tr></tr></tbody></table>

LMAO

Nice family.

Phobia
03-31-2011, 12:10 PM
His mom. Yeah. His mom is covering her meal ticket.

Hydrae
03-31-2011, 12:14 PM

That would be my initial take as well (or, THIS).

Titty Meat
03-31-2011, 12:54 PM
http://thecovertwo.com/2011/03/garland-police-issue-warrant-for-talib/

he Tampa Bay Buccaneer’s cornerback has gotten himself in trouble yet again.

Talib's off-field issues overshadow his onfield success.

Whether it be fighting with his teammates, punching a taxi cab driver, or yelling at officials it seems Talib always has himself in the news for the wrong reasons. This time it’s because Talib is listed as a ‘a person of interest’ in an incident involving his sister and her boyfriend.

Talib’s sister, Saran Talib, got in a dispute with Shannon Billings, her boyfriend, and shots were fired. Police are trying to figure out who fired those shots. According to reporter Rebecca Lopez’s (who works at t WFAA_TV and covers Dallas Police) Twitter acount the police have issued a warrant for Talib.

Garland police just issued a warrant for the arrest of Tamba Bay Cornerback Aquib Talib for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

Also according to Lopez’s Twitter account, if Talib is convicted of this crime he could face anywhere from 5-20 years. Reports are also saying that Talib allegedly attempted to pistol-whipped Billings and then he used his mother’s gun to fire shots at him.

This is bad news for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Talib is a young star in the making. In just 11 games last year he managed to have six interceptions. He was starting to become a Pro-Bowl cornerback before his an injury ended his season. Now it appears a jail sentence could end his career.

Yea right.

Valiant
03-31-2011, 01:23 PM
Stop or my mom will shoot? Maybe she's a sly fan?

Bambi
03-31-2011, 01:35 PM
Yea right.

For once I agree with you 100%.

chiefsnorth
03-31-2011, 02:00 PM

Exactly

Okie_Apparition
04-24-2011, 11:28 AM
Aqib Talib described as “all but gone” from Tampa Bay
Posted by Michael David Smith on April 24, 2011, 8:58 AM EDT

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers can’t release Aqib Talib until the lockout ends. But one report suggests that the lockout is the only thing keeping the team from cutting Talib, and he’s already played his last game for the Bucs.

The St. Petersburg Times reports that Talib is “all but gone,” and that only the lockout has kept the Bucs from cutting him already. Talib, in the view of the Bucs, has run out of chances.

Talib, Tampa Bay’s 2008 first-round draft pick, has been trouble from the beginning, starting with a fight at the rookie symposium and continuing with punching a teammate in practice and punching a cab driver in St. Petersburg. Now he’s facing charges of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

Although there’s a school of thought that the Bucs should keep Talib and get him some help, it appears that the Bucs think Talib is beyond the point where they can help him, and Talib is on the way out.