PDA

View Full Version : Misc Tractor owners - I need your advice please

Stryker
04-03-2011, 09:47 AM
I am in the market to purchase a diesel tractor with a front-end loader and a bushhog. I am looking at 35 - 45 hp. We own 20 acers of land and the range previously mentioned should work fine for my needs.

Can I get some feed back on brand and experience from you all who own tractors or have had experience with them?

Thanks in advance!

mlyonsd
04-03-2011, 09:59 AM
Just make sure it's a wide front.

ClearmontChief
04-03-2011, 10:04 AM
Wow, sounds like you want my tractor exactly. The wife this past winter bought me a brand new John Deere 3038E. It's a 4 wheel drive, 37HP diesel tractor. We ordered it with a 305 front loader and bought a blade. John Deere as a large line of diesel acreage tractors in the range you mentioned. If you want the higher end, 45HP of the range you might need to research a bit more on their site.

I absolutely love my tractor. It's handle all the snow removal all winter. This spring I've been loading blackdirt from my woods and putting it on my garden. We had a lot of clay and poor luck with the garden. I added 3-6" of good black dirt. Hopefully, the mater's will be great this year.

John Deere may be a bit more pricey. But, I think it's worth it to have the quality. I've battled "cheap" equipment so much. It's nice to have a quality unit.

We got a discount because we bought 2 implements, the loader and the blade. We had an old Ford 641 Workmaster we traded it, 2500. We added a 3-pt hitch, and a cover because right now we park it outside. We wrote a check for $19,413 for the complete cost. The tractor alone would run around 16,000 less our trade in.

Dante84
04-03-2011, 10:16 AM
EMAW

Stryker
04-03-2011, 11:19 AM
Wow, sounds like you want my tractor exactly. The wife this past winter bought me a brand new John Deere 3038E. It's a 4 wheel drive, 37HP diesel tractor. We ordered it with a 305 front loader and bought a blade. John Deere as a large line of diesel acreage tractors in the range you mentioned. If you want the higher end, 45HP of the range you might need to research a bit more on their site.

I absolutely love my tractor. It's handle all the snow removal all winter. This spring I've been loading blackdirt from my woods and putting it on my garden. We had a lot of clay and poor luck with the garden. I added 3-6" of good black dirt. Hopefully, the mater's will be great this year.

John Deere may be a bit more pricey. But, I think it's worth it to have the quality. I've battled "cheap" equipment so much. It's nice to have a quality unit.

We got a discount because we bought 2 implements, the loader and the blade. We had an old Ford 641 Workmaster we traded it, 2500. We added a 3-pt hitch, and a cover because right now we park it outside. We wrote a check for $19,413 for the complete cost. The tractor alone would run around 16,000 less our trade in.

That is right up my alley. I was looking at John Deere and Kubota. I have the same situation as yours - except the snow! The loader is for moving dirt and landscaping. I have a 6 ft adjustable blade already. The bush hog would be the second implemant. Thank you so much for your info!

I have had 2 opportunities for a Ford 8N (not big enough) and a Ford 3000 with point issues. Wanted to purchase new so that I knew where it has been and I can maintain myself. Thanks again!

teedubya
04-03-2011, 11:49 AM
Dont forget to get a big underground gas tank to store fuel in.

Okie_Apparition
04-03-2011, 11:55 AM
Two ox & put a union man out of work/teabagger

Chief Pote
04-03-2011, 11:58 AM
Dont forget to get a big underground gas tank to store fuel in.

^^^^ Debbie downer^^^^

HonestChieffan
04-03-2011, 12:00 PM
I am in the market to purchase a diesel tractor with a front-end loader and a bushhog. I am looking at 35 - 45 hp. We own 20 acers of land and the range previously mentioned should work fine for my needs.

Can I get some feed back on brand and experience from you all who own tractors or have had experience with them?

Thanks in advance!

I have a JD thats 35 HP with a loader and a 5 foot Bush Hog Brand Brushhog mower. I LOVE it. I have a 6 foot blade, a Land Pride tiller as well as a 3 point fertilizer/seed spreader.

Brianfo
04-03-2011, 12:03 PM
I have a Deere with a loader and absolutely love it. Go with a deere. Will always have a higher resale value for some day when you want to trade up.

teedubya
04-03-2011, 12:04 PM
^^^^ Debbie downer^^^^

What, are you gonna take your tractor down to Casey's general store and fill it up there? Uh, no.

Okie_Apparition
04-03-2011, 12:09 PM
Is 20 acres enough to get the farmer's rate on diesel. Don't matter where there is a will...

HonestChieffan
04-03-2011, 12:11 PM
Is 20 acres enough to get the farmer's rate on diesel. Don't matter where there is a will...

If a station sells off road diesel yes. I buy offroad for my tractor and Mule.