PDA

View Full Version : Music Rock N Poll: Round 6, the Championship

Pages : [1] 2

Rain Man
04-06-2011, 10:56 AM
The final three songs are lined up against each other. You may select only one. Winner take all.

Great Expectations
04-06-2011, 11:00 AM
First

The Franchise
04-06-2011, 11:01 AM
Fuck. Bohemian Rhapsody and Comfortably Numb are both great Rock songs....and should beat the shit out of Stairway to Heaven. But I have a feeling their going to split the vote and Stairway is going to win this thing.

I'm a huge PF fan....but I think of Bohemian Rhapsody as more of a rock song.

MahiMike
04-06-2011, 11:02 AM
PANK!

Phobia
04-06-2011, 11:06 AM
I'm not a huge PF fan but my vote was against the other two. That sucks. Now I feel bad. I should have abstained because I ruined the poll.

Los Pollos Hermanos
04-06-2011, 11:12 AM
I'm not a huge PF fan but my vote was against the other two. That sucks. Now I feel bad. I should have abstained because I ruined the poll.

Make a mult and vote for suckage.

wazu
04-06-2011, 11:12 AM
Wow. I listen to a fair amount of classic rock including a decent-sized playlist of just 70s songs, but don't have any of these three on my iPod. Vote = suckage. And I honestly had no idea that people loved "Comfortably Numb" so much. I don't think I would even put it in my top 10 Pink Floyd songs.

patteeu
04-06-2011, 11:19 AM
#1 Led Zeppelin, Stairway to Heaven
#2 Queen, Bohemian Rhapsody
#3 Pink Floyd, Comfortably Numb

Disappointing final selection. I blame everyone.

Deberg_1990
04-06-2011, 11:19 AM
Ive voted in every round until now. My protest is to not vote.

cdcox
04-06-2011, 11:21 AM
I went with the best dance tune: Comfortably Numb

ModSocks
04-06-2011, 11:22 AM
Ive voted in every round until now. My protest is to not vote.

Or just vote Suckage. Im torn. I want to vote suckage, but I know it would be a wasted vote. I sure as hell dont want Stairway to win.

Bump
04-06-2011, 11:25 AM
it's not uncommon for Stairway to be considered as the best rock and roll song ever. So any of your little arguments are invalid.

mikey23545
04-06-2011, 11:25 AM
Suckage with a capital S.

Rain Man
04-06-2011, 11:26 AM
My vote went to Bohemian Rhapsody.

I like all of these songs, so I don't feel a need to protest. None of them are in my personal top three, but they're all good. Stairway to Heaven was second for me, and Comfortably Numb was third. Right now, it looks like my ability to reverse-predict the winner is still holding true.

Bump
04-06-2011, 11:27 AM
I have to say though, I don't understand the super love you guys have for Queen here. I mean, really, if Wayne's World was never made into a movie, that song wouldn't even have been in this competition.

ModSocks
04-06-2011, 11:28 AM
it's not uncommon for Stairway to be considered as the best rock and roll song ever. So any of your little arguments are invalid.

Once again:

Can't **** to it
Can't dance to it
Can't drive to it
Can't smoke a doobie to it
Not much fun to sing along with

It doesn't really "Rock". Out of the 3, Bohemian Rhapsody should be the winner.

Rain Man
04-06-2011, 11:29 AM
I have to say though, I don't understand the super love you guys have for Queen here. I mean, really, if Wayne's World was never made into a movie, that song wouldn't even have been in this competition.

Really? I always thought that song was considered up there with Stairway and Freebird and such as a rock classic. I learned from DaFace that the Wayne's World bounce was quite high, but I thought Bohemian Rhapsody was always considered to be a top-ten all-time song by real rock critics.

ModSocks
04-06-2011, 11:30 AM
Really? I always thought that song was considered up there with Stairway and Freebird and such as a rock classic. I learned from DaFace that the Wayne's World bounce was quite high, but I thought Bohemian Rhapsody was always considered to be a top-ten all-time song by real rock critics.

I didn't even remember the whole Wayne's World thing. Throw that argument out the window.

Freebird is better than all of these IMO.

Slainte
04-06-2011, 11:31 AM
Pink Floyd

Los Pollos Hermanos
04-06-2011, 11:31 AM
I didn't even remember the whole Wayne's World thing. Throw that argument out the window.

Freebird is better than all of these IMO.

I never heard of BR before Wayne's World.

Brianfo
04-06-2011, 11:33 AM

Excellent take. Bohemian Rhapsody is not ever their best song.

The Franchise
04-06-2011, 11:34 AM

Yeah....because it was only #9 on the Billboard Charts BEFORE the movie. You fucking retard.

Gadzooks
04-06-2011, 11:34 AM
Thanks Rain Man!
Despite how disappointed I am in the majority of Planeteers musical taste, it’s been a lot of fun.

I would also like you to consider this post as a write in vote for Freebird

cdcox
04-06-2011, 11:36 AM
I never heard of BR before Wayne's World.

You either live under a rock

OR

You are young and your parents failed in your music education.

ClevelandBronco
04-06-2011, 11:39 AM
Suckage.

Los Pollos Hermanos
04-06-2011, 11:39 AM
You either live under a rock

OR

You are young and your parents failed in your music education.

I was very young the first time Bohemian Rhapsody was released. The only radio station ever allowed on the radio in my dad's cars growing up was 61 Country.

Reaper16
04-06-2011, 11:41 AM
"Comfortably Numb."

patteeu
04-06-2011, 11:41 AM
Thanks Rain Man!
Despite how disappointed I am in the majority of Planeteers musical taste, it’s been a lot of fun.

Yeah, I'm changing my position. I blame everyone but Rain Man.

cdcox
04-06-2011, 11:44 AM
Springsteen is fairing well.

Bump
04-06-2011, 11:49 AM
Yeah....because it was only #9 on the Billboard Charts BEFORE the movie. You ****ing retard.

ya, in like 1970

Dante84
04-06-2011, 11:53 AM
No Stairway? Denied!!

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FOt3r_aNNxE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dante84
04-06-2011, 11:55 AM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VzUU7SRRsGo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Franchise
04-06-2011, 11:58 AM
ya, in like 1970

And? You're point? You made it sound like it had never been heard of before Waynes World.....when in fact it had been heard of and it was in the Top 10.

Steron
04-06-2011, 12:04 PM
I went with Zeppelin. Only because I figured they deserved it for being the best thieves in the history of music.

http://www.warr.org/zep.html

Rain Man
04-06-2011, 12:07 PM
Springsteen is fairing well.

I was kind of hoping he could sneak in and steal this.

Rain Man
04-06-2011, 12:08 PM
Yeah, I'm changing my position. I blame everyone but Rain Man.

I will confirm that I voted for Fortunate Son at every opportunity.

RNR
04-06-2011, 12:20 PM
Thanks Rain Man!

I have a soft spot for numb but went stairway. That said even though I am tired of hearing some songs that does not take away from their greatness. I think Stairway to heaven and Freebird are two of the greatest rock and roll songs of alltime. At the beginning I thought both would make the final and I would have given Freebird the nod. Stairway is worthy of winning IMO~

Deberg_1990
04-06-2011, 12:23 PM
I really look forward to Rain Man's next poll challenge: Best Metal Song of All time

Bump
04-06-2011, 12:27 PM
And? You're point? You made it sound like it had never been heard of before Waynes World.....when in fact it had been heard of and it was in the Top 10.

my point is that it would be forgotten today and the past 15 years if it weren't for Wayne's World.

Gadzooks
04-06-2011, 12:31 PM
I have a soft spot for numb but went stairway. That said even though I am tired of hearing some songs that does not take away from their greatness. I think Stairway to heaven and Freebird are two of the greatest rock and roll songs of alltime. At the beginning I thought both would make the final and I would have given Freebird the nod. Stairway is worthy of winning IMO~

I certainly understand your perspective. Stairway always bothered me because intro was lifted from another band:
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JhKUfiohxEY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Once they get to the, "And as we wind on down the road", part it's pretty rockin'. It's also has a nice gradual build to it, however, I cannot support this type of theft.

The Franchise
04-06-2011, 12:44 PM
my point is that it would be forgotten today and the past 15 years if it weren't for Wayne's World.

Yeah....because no one listened to Queen.....ever.....at all. :rolleyes:

Dante84
04-06-2011, 12:45 PM
I certainly understand your perspective. Stairway always bothered me because intro was lifted from another band:
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JhKUfiohxEY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Once they get to the, "And as we wind on down the road", part it's pretty rockin'. It's also has a nice gradual build to it, however, I cannot support this type of theft.

Was it theft, or done with Spirit's blessing? I've heard Page was an outspoken fan of Spirit... i don't know if he was attempting to be sneaky and "rip it off" maliciously.

ClevelandBronco
04-06-2011, 12:45 PM
I certainly understand your perspective. Stairway always bothered me because intro was lifted from another band:...

Damn. I'm really surprised that I've never run across this before. Too close. Way too close.

Bump
04-06-2011, 12:46 PM
Yeah....because no one listened to Queen.....ever.....at all. :rolleyes:

why are you so offended by this? The popularity of Queen in the 90's went from ZERO to SUPER POPULAR immediately after Wayne' World. I guess you think it's just a coincidence.

The Franchise
04-06-2011, 12:47 PM
why are you so offended by this? The popularity of Queen in the 90's went from ZERO to SUPER POPULAR immediately after Wayne' World. I guess you think it's just a coincidence.

Your and idiot.

RNR
04-06-2011, 12:48 PM

Wow that is interesting! I have never heard that or any ruckus that may have arised from it~

Bump
04-06-2011, 12:49 PM
Your and idiot.

NO YOU

ModSocks
04-06-2011, 12:49 PM

Oh horse shit. Ever thought that it was in Wayne's world because it was ALREADY so popular? It's has been a popular song and always will be. It's popular to this day and it has nothing to do with a 20 year old movie.

Jaric
04-06-2011, 12:51 PM
Once again:

Can't **** to it
Can't dance to it
Can't drive to it
Can't smoke a doobie to it
Not much fun to sing along with
It doesn't really "Rock". Out of the 3, Bohemian Rhapsody should be the winner.

Wha?

Forserious?

This is a joke right?

RNR
04-06-2011, 12:52 PM

It hipped some younger people to Queen but to say that movie is the reason for it being a great song is laughable. Someday I will get around to watching that movie, I thought highly of the song before the movie~

Bump
04-06-2011, 12:52 PM
Oh horse shit. Ever thought that it was in Wayne's world because it was ALREADY so popular? It's has been a popular song and always will be. It's popular to this day and it has nothing to do with a 20 year old movie.

Wayne's World "revived" Queen, that's for sure. Yes, Queen was popular in the 70's, but you have to admit that Wayne's World revived their popularity in the 90's. Just like Apocalypse Now revived the Doors, The End.

RNR
04-06-2011, 12:55 PM
Wayne's World "revived" Queen, that's for sure. Yes, Queen was popular in the 70's, but you have to admit that Wayne's World revived their popularity in the 90's. Just like Apocalypse Now revived the Doors, The End.

So you think Waynes World had that big of an impact on people...Shit I am going to have to rent that movie! I never knew what I was missing~

Bump
It hipped some younger people to Queen but to say that movie is the reason for it being a great song is laughable. Someday I will get around to watching that movie, I thought highly of the song before the movie~

Queen was long forgotten before Wayne's World revived them, all I'm saying. I'm not saying that they weren't popular in the 70's. But right before WW, you never heard it on the radio, you never had in your tape deck, they never had concerts going. You probably had their tape collecting sitting in your collection, but you know you hadn't played it in years.

Bump
So you think Waynes World had that big of an impact on people...Shit I am going to have to rent that movie! I never knew what I was missing~

only with that one song.

The Franchise
04-06-2011, 12:56 PM

Because Queen wasn't popular because of.....

We Are the Champions
Another One Bites the Dust
We Will Rock You
Fat Bottomed Girls
Crazy Little Thing Called Love
Don't Stop Me Now

Jaric

It wasn't as funny as I remembered it.

Of course, I was a teenager when it first came out, so there's that...

Lzen
This is tough. I love all 3 of these songs.

RockChalk
04-06-2011, 12:58 PM
I will confirm that I voted for Fortunate Son at every opportunity.

This

Ended up going with Bohemian because I've never been a huge fan of Stairway and I don't even think Comfortably Numb is PF's best song.

Rasputin
Thank you Rain Man for your dedication for putting this thing on. It's been a lot of fun. Still debating what to vote for, all good & suckage for Bruce may get my vote just for you RM.

Rain Man :thumb:

Oh btw the whole Paradise City & me getting the hammer ban, we can just forget that part.....

o:-)

The Franchise
Oh....and The Highlander must have brought their popularity back....right?

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VEJ8lpCQbyw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bump
04-06-2011, 01:00 PM
Oh....and The Highlander must have brought their popularity back....right?

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VEJ8lpCQbyw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

now you are just making yourself look even dumber. Tell me with a straight face that Wayne's World did nothing for Queen in the 90s. That song was on every radio station immediately after that movie released.

blaise
04-06-2011, 01:00 PM
What are three songs I turn off the minute they come on the radio Alex?

ModSocks
04-06-2011, 01:01 PM
Queen was long forgotten before Wayne's World revived them, all I'm saying. I'm not saying that they weren't popular in the 70's. But right before WW, you never heard it on the radio, you never had in your tape deck, they never had concerts going. You probably had their tape collecting sitting in your collection, but you know you hadn't played it in years.

You are giving Wayne's World WAY too much credit. "We Are the Champions" was rocking long before and after Wayne's World did BR

The Franchise
04-06-2011, 01:02 PM
now you are just making yourself look even dumber. Tell me with a straight face that Wayne's World did nothing for Queen in the 90s. That song was on every radio station immediately after that movie released.

Read below...

You are giving Wayne's World WAY too much credit. "We Are the Champions" was rocking long before and after Wayne's World did BR

Phobia
04-06-2011, 01:03 PM
I always thought Queen was popular because Freddie Mercury was sexy as hell.

RNR
04-06-2011, 01:03 PM
Because Queen wasn't popular because of.....

We Are the Champions
Another One Bites the Dust
We Will Rock You
Fat Bottomed Girls
Crazy Little Thing Called Love
Don't Stop Me Now

Like 20 albums also (a guess)

Rain Man
04-06-2011, 01:04 PM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iR6ICOyOnEY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bump
04-06-2011, 01:05 PM
Read below...

I have this awesome ability, I can see things for what they actually are. All I know is that before Wayne World came out, you never heard Queen on the radio station, except 101 the Fox maybe. After the movie came out, every station overplayed it worse than Chasing Waterfalls

Barret
04-06-2011, 01:05 PM

Zooks, not to be a Zeppelin hater but, Didn't they "borrow" a lot of songs from Willie Dixon, Howlin Wolf and several others and not crediting them originally with the song? Specifically much of the Zeppelin 1 album.

Here is the Youtube that shows the borrowing. I wont embed it here but if you are interested you can view it on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyvLsutfI5M

Lzen
04-06-2011, 01:06 PM
This

Ended up going with Bohemian because I've never been a huge fan of Stairway and I don't even think Comfortably Numb is PF's best song.

It is definitely one of Floyd's best songs, IMO. But I like Hey You better. And what's with all the Stairway dislike? :spock:

cdcox
04-06-2011, 01:07 PM
Overheard conversation, circa 1992.

ChiefsfansofDallas: Have you heard that cool new song from Wayne's World that sounds like an opera?

Bump: You mean Bohemian Rhapsody? Yeah that song is awesome. And you know what makes it even cooler?

ChiefsfansofDallas: What?

Bump: I think that song came out like 15 years ago! It was just some obscure song by an obscure band that was just sitting there until Mike Myers discovered it and decided to put it in a movie.

ChiefsfansofDallas: Really? Party on!

Bump: Party on!

The Franchise
I have this awesome ability, I can see things for what they actually are. All I know is that before Wayne World came out, you never heard Queen on the radio station, except 101 the Fox maybe. After the movie came out, every station overplayed it worse than Chasing Waterfalls

How the fuck would you know? You're fucking 20 years old.

Phobia

I tried to agree with you and was getting ready to post in support of your position and then I decided to spend 4 minutes researching. Queen re-released an entire U.S. Hits album from more than a decade prior to coincide with Waynes World. I think Bump raises a valid point. Doesn't take away from Queen's songs but it did extend them to another generation. I certainly wouldn't have been as familiar with their work because I would have never bought their Hits II CD without Waynes World.

Bump
04-06-2011, 01:08 PM
Zooks, not to be a Zeppelin hater but, Didn't they "borrow" a lot of songs from Willie Dixon, Howlin Wolf and several others and not crediting them originally with the song? Specifically much of the Zeppelin 1 album.

Here is the Youtube that shows the borrowing. I wont embed it here but if you are interested you can view it on youtube.

they also stole lyrics from Lord of the Rings too, huh? WHAT A RIP OFF, Coldplay puts them to shame.

BillSelfsTrophycase
04-06-2011, 01:08 PM
Comfortably Numb

NO STAIRWAY

Bump
04-06-2011, 01:09 PM

ChiefsfansofDallas: Have you heard that cool new song from Wayne's World that sounds like an opera?

Bump: You mean Bohemian Rhapsody? Yeah that song is awesome. And you know what makes it even cooler?

Bump: I think that song came out like 15 years ago! It was just some obscure song by an obscure band that was just sitting there until Mike Myers discovered it and decided to put it in a movie.

dude, did I hurt your butt?

Bump
04-06-2011, 01:10 PM
LOL, Queen just came on my pandora radio. Coincidence?

RNR
04-06-2011, 01:11 PM

LMAO rep~

cdcox
04-06-2011, 01:19 PM
dude, did I hurt your butt?

No, I just lived through the first release of all of Queen's music and know how it was. My daughter, who is now 20, and was like 2 when Wayne's world came out, is a big fan and decided she liked them after hearing her mom and I listen to the music.

Tons of old songs have been featured in movies and very few of them get a bump like BR. There has to be something inherently likable about the song for it to catch on with a new generation. That's why it is one of the greatest RnR songs of all time.

Bump
04-06-2011, 01:26 PM
No, I just lived through the first release of all of Queen's music and know how it was. My daughter, who is now 20, and was like 2 when Wayne's world came out, is a big fan and decided she liked them after hearing her mom and I listen to the music.

Tons of old songs have been featured in movies and very few of them get a bump like BR. There has to be something inherently likable about the song for it to catch on with a new generation. That's why it is one of the greatest RnR songs of all time.

first decent argument about this :thumb:

Los Pollos Hermanos
04-06-2011, 01:27 PM

Even in my sheltered childhood I had heard of Queen's popular songs like Another One Bites the Dust and We Are The Champions. Just not Bohemian Rhapsody.

I stand by the idea that Wayne's World introduced the song to a generation that might not have heard it otherwise.

It's been mentioned that it went to number 9 on the charts in 1975. Well, it went to number two in 1992. I'm sure Waynes World had nothing to do with that.

Steron
04-06-2011, 01:28 PM
Bohemian Rhapsody is an overrated POS, IMHO. Never liked it. Stairway is also overplayed and overrated.

Bump
04-06-2011, 01:29 PM
Even in my sheltered childhood I had heard of Queen's popular songs like Another One Bites the Dust and We Are The Champions. Just not Bohemian Rhapsody.

I stand by the idea that Wayne's World introduced the song to a generation that might not have heard it otherwise.

It's been mentioned that it went to number 9 on the charts in 1975. Well, it went to number two in 1992. I'm sure Waynes World had nothing to do with that.

BINGO

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h361/Bump4/gifs/eaoPN.gif

Bump
04-06-2011, 01:30 PM
Bohemian Rhapsody is an overrated POS, IMHO. Never liked it. Stairway is also overplayed and overrated.

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h361/Bump4/gifs/LWqgT.gif

cdcox
04-06-2011, 01:39 PM

The charts are a terrible way of judging the popularity of album oriented rock that came out in the late 60's and 70's. Many of the classics never charted at all. Stairway charted at #37 in GB, but never in the US.

Yes WW exposed a new generation. But like I said, it had to have something going for it to stick with a new younger crowd.

KurtCobain
04-06-2011, 01:40 PM
I was gonna vote suckage but then I peaked and decided to vote for Comfortably Numb to try and take out Stairway. I fucking hate that song.

RNR
04-06-2011, 01:43 PM
The charts are a terrible way of judging the popularity of album oriented rock that came out in the late 60's and 70's. Many of the classics never charted at all. Stairway charted at #37 in GB, but never in the US.

Yes WW exposed a new generation. But like I said, it had to have something going for it to stick with a new younger crowd.

You would have better luck explaining why bubble gum is not the greatest invention ever to a 4 year old~

Deberg_1990
04-06-2011, 01:57 PM
Metallica is so popular because they had a ton of top 10 hits in the 80s.

MahiMike
04-06-2011, 01:59 PM
I voted for Pink Floyd however I can't understand how L.A. Woman and/or Southern Man didn't make the finals.

patteeu
04-06-2011, 02:04 PM

I, for one, never noticed a dropoff in Bohemian Rhapsody's popularity. At least not the kind of dropoff that makes the word "obscure" appropriate. I agree with you, I think. WW probably stimulated popularity with a new generation, but I'm confident that most of us 40-somethings would know the song well even if WW had never existed.

patteeu
04-06-2011, 02:07 PM
Metallica is so popular because they had a ton of top 10 hits in the 80s.

Nobody would even remember that obscure band if their song, Master of Puppets, hadn't been in the movie Old School.

04-06-2011, 02:14 PM
Stairway sucks.

Chiefnj2
04-06-2011, 02:17 PM
Nobody would even remember that obscure band if their song, Master of Puppets, hadn't been in the movie Old School.

Can you listen to Dust In The Wind without yelling "You're my boy Blue"?

RNR
04-06-2011, 02:21 PM

I and some others said that that movie introduced the song to a new generation. The point I was trying to make was one generation thought it was a great song. When another generation heard it they also thought it was a great song. Maybe just maybe it is a great song. The quote that kind of started this was...

"Originally Posted by Bump
I have to say though, I don't understand the super love you guys have for Queen here. I mean, really, if Wayne's World was never made into a movie, that song wouldn't even have been in this competition."

Having never seen this movie I looked up the sound track for the movie. Using that posters logic the following songs should be in the final due to them being in the hit making movie..

•"''WAYNE'S WORLD'' THEME"
By Mike Myers & G.E. Smith
•"BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY"
By Freddie Mercury
Performed by Queen
Courtesy of Hollywood Records / EMI Records
•"EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU"
By Whitfield Crane & Klaus Eichstadt
Performed by Ugly Kid Joe
Courtesy of Stardog Records / Mercury Records
By Arrangement with PolyGram Special Products
•"ROMEO AND JULIET - FANTASY OVERTURE"
By Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky
Performed by Berlin Radio Symphony Orchestra
Courtesy of Laserlight
By Arrangement with Sound of Film Ltd.
•"SOUND OFF"
By Willie Lee Duckworth
•"DREAM WEAVER"
Written and Performed by Gary Wright
Produced by David Gamson & Gary Wright
•"FIRE"
By Jimi Hendrix
Performed by Tia Carrere
Produced by Ted Templeman
•"LOUD LOVE"
By Chris Cornell
Performed by Soundgarden
Courtesy of A&M Records, Inc.
•"STRING QUARTET IN G, OPUS 54, NO.1 - THIRD MOVEMENT"
By Joseph Haydn (as F. Haydn)
Performed by The Aeolian Quartet
Courtesy of Decca Records
A division of PolyGram Classics
•"ROCK CANDY"
By Ronnie Montrose, Sammy Hagar, Bill Church & Denny Carmassi
Performed by BulletBoys
BulletBoys performs courtesy of Warner Bros. Records, Inc.
•"LOVING YOUR LOVIN'"
By Jerry Williams
Performed by Eric Clapton
Courtesy of Reprise Records
•"TOUCH ME"
By Jennifer Blakeman, Kelly Breznik & Danny Johnson
Performed by Tia Carrere
•"BLUE HAWAII"
By Leo Robin & Ralph Rainger
•"HOT AND BOTHERED"
By Eric Brittingham & Tom Keifer
Performed by Cinderella
Produced by Gary Lyons & Tom Keifer
Courtesy of Mercury Records / PolyGram Inc.
•"THEME FROM ''STAR TREK''"
By Alexander Courage
•"SIKAMIKANICO"
By Anthony Kiedis, Flea, John Frusciante & Chad Smith
Performed by Red Hot Chili Peppers
Courtesy of Warner Bros. Records, Inc.
•"MICKEY"
By Nicolas Chinn (as Nicky Chinn) & Michael Chapman
•"COLD CHILLS"
By Donnie Purnell & Bob Halligan Jr.
Performed by Kix
Courtesy of Eastwest Records America
By Arrangement with Warner Special Products
•"FOXY LADY"
Written and Performed by Jimi Hendrix
Courtesy of Are You Experienced? Ltd.
•"ALL NIGHT THING"
By Chris Cornell
Performed by Temple of the Dog
Courtesy of A&M Records, Inc.
•"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU"
By Mildred J. Hill & Patty S. Hill
•"RIDE WITH YOURSELF"
By Greg Fields & Georg Dolivo
Performed by Rhino Bucket
Courtesy of Reprise Records
•"WHY YOU WANNA BREAK MY HEART"
By Dwight Twilley
Performed by Tia Carrere
•"FEED MY FRANKENSTEIN"
By Zodiac Mindwarp, Alice Cooper, Nick Coler & Ian Richardson
Performed by Alice Cooper
Courtesy of Epic Records
By Arrangement with Sony Music Licensing
•"MAKING OUR DREAMS COME TRUE"
By Norman Gimbel & Charles Fox
•"THE MURDER"
By Bernard Herrmann
•"TIME MACHINE"
By Geezer Butler, Ronnie James Dio & Tony Iommi
Performed by Black Sabbath
Black Sabbath performs courtesy of Warner Bros. Records /
I.R.S. Records
•"''MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE'' THEME"
By Lalo Schifrin
•"''WAYNE'S WORLD'' THEME (EXTENDED VERSION)"
By Mike Myers & G.E. Smith
Performed by Mike Myers (as Wayne) & Dana Carvey (as Garth)
Produced by G.E. Smith
•"BALLROOM BLITZ"
By Michael Chapman & Nicolas Chinn (as Nicky Chinn)
Performed by Tia Carrere
As I said maybe just maybe it is a great song~

Rain Man
04-06-2011, 02:22 PM
Regardless of how this turns out, I do want to make one thing clear. It's not my fault.

ModSocks
04-06-2011, 02:24 PM
Well, if it wasn't for this thread, I wouldn't be putting Wayne's World on my netflix que.

Drwbllz
04-06-2011, 02:29 PM
I vote for Springsteen over any of these. What a horrible top 3. :spock:

Los Pollos Hermanos
04-06-2011, 02:34 PM
I and some others said that that movie introduced the song to a new generation. The point I was trying to make was one generation thought it was a great song. When another generation heard it they also thought it was a great song. Maybe just maybe it is a great song. The quote that kind of started this was...

"Originally Posted by Bump
I have to say though, I don't understand the super love you guys have for Queen here. I mean, really, if Wayne's World was never made into a movie, that song wouldn't even have been in this competition."

Having never seen this movie I looked up the sound track for the movie. Using that posters logic the following songs should be in the final due to them being in the hit making movie..

Well, I don't care enough to argue anymore. But, if you saw the movie, you'd know that BR was a major bit of the show, the rest were not.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VzUU7SRRsGo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Over-Head
04-06-2011, 02:39 PM
No GnR no vote :harumph:

Amnorix
04-06-2011, 02:41 PM
:LOL: at this silliness over BR. Of course WW helped introduce BR to a whole new generation of fans. Of course it's a great song that stands on its own, and which helped WW achieve the popularity that it had.

Mike Myers apparently had his own views:

In connection with this, a new video was released, intercutting excerpts from the film with footage from the original Queen video, along with some live footage of the band. Myers was horrified that the record company had mixed clips from Wayne's World (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/wiki/Wayne%27s_World) with Queen's original video, fearing that this would upset the band. He said, "they've just whizzed (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/whiz) on a Picasso." He asked the record company to tell Queen that the video was not his idea, and that he apologised to them. The band, though, sent a reply simply saying, "Thank you for using our song." This shocked Myers, who said it should be more like him telling Queen, "Thank you for even letting me touch the hem of your garments!"<SUP id=cite_ref-27 class=reference>[ (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/#cite_note-27)</SUP>

Gadzooks
04-06-2011, 03:07 PM

They certainly did...
I see you're being careful not to come off as being a Zeppelin hater. That's a good idea. I once said that I thought Jimmy Page was over rated as a guitar player and got neg-repped into an abysmal pit of shame.

Drwbllz
04-06-2011, 03:15 PM
Well, I don't care enough to argue anymore. But, if you saw the movie, you'd know that BR was a major bit of the show, the rest were not.

Exactly. Ballroom Blitz had a fairly big scene, but nowhere near the same level as Bohemian Rhapsody (and it wasn't performed by Sweet :banghead: )

Bugeater
04-06-2011, 03:25 PM
I fucking hate you all.

KurtCobain
04-06-2011, 03:26 PM
I fucking hate you all too.

Bugeater
04-06-2011, 03:26 PM
Oh, and IIRC I said I was going to kill someone if Stairway won, so I'm taking suggestions.

Ebolapox
04-06-2011, 03:38 PM
Oh, and IIRC I said I was going to kill someone if Stairway won, so I'm taking suggestions.

bump would work. he's too stupid to fucking live, fwiw. :)

Frazod
04-06-2011, 03:41 PM
bump would work. he's too stupid to fucking live, fwiw. :)

Why stop at one? I have a list. :titus:

But Bump is certainly on it.

:)

KurtCobain
04-06-2011, 03:53 PM
I fucking hate you guys. You killed off Smells Like Teen Spirit and now you're on the verge of naming FUCKING STAIR WAY TO HEAVEN as the greatest rock song ever?

You can't even make a good thread around here anymore because everybody quickly chimes in "HOC" or "This thread has potential" before it even gets to page 2, because they think of themselves so highly on here that they can't properly contribute.

Fuck you guys. I'm leaving. Done. No more Joey I don't belong here. There's a Bucs board full of people who know what good music is. Bug... I think you got my number I'm not bailing on the K. If you don't then hit me with a smoke and I'll keep checking it.

ClevelandBronco
04-06-2011, 03:56 PM
I ****ing hate you guys. You killed off Smells Like Teen Spirit and now you're on the verge of naming ****ING STAIR WAY TO HEAVEN as the greatest rock song ever?

You can't even make a good thread around here anymore because everybody quickly chimes in "HOC" or "This thread has potential" before it even gets to page 2, because they think of themselves so highly on here that they can't properly contribute.

**** you guys. I'm leaving. Done. No more Joey I don't belong here. There's a Bucs board full of people who know what good music is. Bug... I think you got my number I'm not bailing on the K. If you don't then hit me with a smoke and I'll keep checking it.

Finally this thread has some potential.

Frazod
04-06-2011, 03:56 PM
I fucking hate you guys. You killed off Smells Like Teen Spirit and now you're on the verge of naming FUCKING STAIR WAY TO HEAVEN as the greatest rock song ever?

Fuck you guys. I'm leaving. Done. No more Joey I don't belong here. There's a Bucs board full of people who know what good music is. Bug... I think you got my number I'm not bailing on the K. If you don't then hit me with a smoke and I'll keep checking it.

First in.

Bugeater
04-06-2011, 03:59 PM
Floyd still has a shot at this though. Come on Planet, do the right thing!

Rain Man
04-06-2011, 04:16 PM
Kurt is climbing the stairway to chiefsplanet heaven.

Bump
04-06-2011, 04:20 PM
bump would work. he's too stupid to ****ing live, fwiw. :)

are you threatening to kill me or have me killed?

Bugeater
04-06-2011, 04:21 PM
Does it really make a difference? You're going to be dead either way.

Bump
04-06-2011, 04:23 PM
Does it really make a difference? You're going to be dead either way.

yes, it does.

Frazod
04-06-2011, 04:25 PM

It's more of a recommendation than an actual threat, IMO. Did that post make your labia start to quiver?

Bugeater
04-06-2011, 04:25 PM
yes, it does.
No, it doesn't.

Bump
04-06-2011, 04:28 PM
It's more of a recommendation than an actual threat, IMO. Did that post make your labia start to quiver?

no, it got my dick hard.

Psyko Tek
04-06-2011, 04:46 PM
Wha?

Forserious?

This is a joke right?
NO it's serious and \i agree
these are ballads
and that's it
the queen song is rock opera?

they don't rock
what the hell is the median age of this board 55?

this is AARP ROCK

Rasputin
I ended up voting for comfortably numb, not just for that song alone but the brilliance it brought to this body of work...

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VxNM7j_ppHI?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VxNM7j_ppHI?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

btw NSFW!!! ! ! !

kysirsoze
I went confortably numb even though there are several Floyd songs I would have picked first. Stariway's great, but it is overrated. None of these three would make my top ten, but the suckage option seemed like a copout.

siberian khatru
04-06-2011, 04:47 PM
Wow, neck and neck right now.

DaFace
04-06-2011, 04:55 PM

You're doing it wrong. You have to start a thread so that we can all make make fun of your Danehurt.

Rain Man
04-06-2011, 04:59 PM
Comfortably Numb just pulled into a tie with Stairway to Heaven. How exciting! It's like Ben Hur when the two chariots are bumping tires.

The Franchise
04-06-2011, 05:04 PM
I'll start handing out casino cash for Floyd votes.

Rasputin
04-06-2011, 05:08 PM
I ****ing hate you guys. You killed off Smells Like Teen Spirit and now you're on the verge of naming ****ING STAIR WAY TO HEAVEN as the greatest rock song ever?

**** you guys. I'm leaving. Done. No more Joey I don't belong here. There's a Bucs board full of people who know what good music is. Bug... I think you got my number I'm not bailing on the K. If you don't then hit me with a smoke and I'll keep checking it.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FklUAoZ6KxY?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FklUAoZ6KxY?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

KcMizzou
04-06-2011, 05:12 PM
Comfortably Numb just pulled into a tie with Stairway to Heaven. How exciting! It's like Ben Hur when the two chariots are bumping tires.Chariot tires? :hmmm:

Rain Man
04-06-2011, 05:13 PM
Chariot tires? :hmmm:

The sidewalls were really vulnerable back then. Bumping tires decided many a race.

The Franchise
04-06-2011, 05:15 PM
Even if Stairway wins......I'll consider this a tie between Bohemian Rhapsody and Comfortably Numb. I will not recognize this as a victory for StH.

BillSelfsTrophycase
04-06-2011, 05:17 PM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YQWszrZHBPI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mr. Flopnuts
04-06-2011, 05:17 PM
COME ON FLOYD!!! PULL IT OUT!!!!

vailpass
04-06-2011, 05:20 PM
You're doing it wrong. You have to start a thread so that we can all make make fun of your Danehurt.

LMAO

DaFace
04-06-2011, 05:22 PM
COME ON FLOYD!!! PULL IT OUT!!!!

H...how did you know my wife calls me Floyd?

BillSelfsTrophycase
04-06-2011, 05:22 PM
It's a barnburner

BillSelfsTrophycase
04-06-2011, 05:23 PM
Perhaps it's time for some bribery

BillSelfsTrophycase
04-06-2011, 05:24 PM
Stairway must not win

The Franchise
04-06-2011, 05:34 PM
Seriously....$100,000 in casino cash for each vote for Floyd......starting now.

Rain Man
04-06-2011, 05:35 PM

$100,000? You have more than that in your chiefsplanet couch cushions. I think you're going to need to up the ante.

DaFace
04-06-2011, 05:35 PM

The fun part is that you'll never know if they're lying or not.

Rain Man
04-06-2011, 05:36 PM
Lassie and OgTheCaveman are two longtime members who haven't voted yet, but they both need $500,000 to make it worth their while. There are cave bears to be killed and little kids lost in wells, and those things typically come first.

Bwana
04-06-2011, 05:36 PM

Bingo :evil:

The Franchise
04-06-2011, 05:37 PM

The real fun part is whether or not I'm telling the truth.

BillSelfsTrophycase
04-06-2011, 05:38 PM

All my casino cash and all my rep for a Floyd vote

First one wins

Must provide proof

Bwana
04-06-2011, 05:39 PM
All my casino cash and all my rep for a Floyd vote

First one wins

Must provide proof

How is someone going to "Provide proof?"

Lassie
04-06-2011, 05:39 PM
Bark, bark! Bark, bark!

BillSelfsTrophycase
04-06-2011, 05:40 PM

That's their problem

:evil:

Rain Man
04-06-2011, 05:41 PM
I'm not sure I'd trust Lassie on this. She has trouble clicking those little voting buttons.

Lassie
04-06-2011, 05:42 PM
The real fun part is whether or not I'm telling the truth.

Grrrrrr.

KurtCobain
04-06-2011, 05:43 PM
OH MY FUCKING JESUS CHIP! I JUST MIGHT NOT LEAVE FOREVER! GO FLOYD GO!

Rain Man
04-06-2011, 05:43 PM
It was a mistake to make Lassie mad.

vailpass
04-06-2011, 05:46 PM
The fix is in.

Bugeater
04-06-2011, 05:47 PM
Take a screenshot of the poll, their selection will be italicized.

OgTheCaveman
04-06-2011, 05:47 PM
http://extremethinkover.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/sunburst-petroglyph-chemehuevi-people-group-near-lanfair-ca-by-donald-austin-e1292481863366.jpg?w=200&h=212

Bugeater
04-06-2011, 05:48 PM
LMAO

BillSelfsTrophycase
04-06-2011, 05:49 PM
Vote Floyd you bastards

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VHk6clzLeMM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rain Man
04-06-2011, 05:49 PM
Looks like Og is planning to vote for Stairway to Heaven.

Bugeater
04-06-2011, 05:50 PM
Crap, I thought that meant Pink Floyd. I gave the SOB positive rep for it too.

Bwana
04-06-2011, 05:51 PM
Heh

http://iasos.com/audioclp/StairwayToHeaven-D-4d.jpg

Rain Man
04-06-2011, 05:54 PM
Wow. That's beautiful.

But no handrails? Seems kind of dangerous.

The Franchise
04-06-2011, 05:54 PM

Looks like Og is getting neg rep.

The Franchise
04-06-2011, 05:55 PM
http://www.besthorizons.com/html/filled/images/cnumbposter4site.jpg

Bugeater
04-06-2011, 05:56 PM
Wow. That's beautiful.

It's not ADA compliant either.

Bwana
Wow. That's beautiful.

Yeah, but if you're already dead, what's the worst that could happen. :hmmm:

The Franchise

LMAO

BillSelfsTrophycase
04-06-2011, 05:58 PM
Where are the lurkers?

A vote for Floyd is like a vote to God

Do the the right thing

Bwana
04-06-2011, 05:58 PM

LMAO

Gadzooks
04-06-2011, 06:07 PM
http://www.besthorizons.com/html/filled/images/cnumbposter4site.jpg

If cousins would stop having sex with one another this wouldn't be an issue.

Rasputin
04-06-2011, 06:12 PM
Bark, bark! Bark, bark!

Good call

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CXko2YCuZa8?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CXko2YCuZa8?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Gadzooks
04-06-2011, 06:20 PM
Good call

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CXko2YCuZa8?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CXko2YCuZa8?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

The guitar work from Jake E. Lee on this song is awesome.

It makes me think that we could have so many sub polls:
Best Metal
Best Rap
Best Guitarist
Best Drummer
The list goes on and on.

But, alas, the majority of Planeteers couldn't even get this one right.
:shake:

chefs fan in omaha
04-06-2011, 06:28 PM
No rolling stones options sucks

Rukdafaidas
04-06-2011, 06:29 PM
Ooh, looks like I broke the tie...,go Floyd!

BillSelfsTrophycase
04-06-2011, 06:30 PM
My offer stands

Vote Floyd

kysirsoze
04-06-2011, 06:33 PM
If I didn't respect the hard work Rain Man's done on these polls, I would totally be creating mults to rig this right now.

Crush
04-06-2011, 07:07 PM
If cousins would stop having sex with one another this wouldn't be an issue.

Tell that to Shelbyville.

Crush
04-06-2011, 07:11 PM
Vote Floyd

Gadzooks
04-06-2011, 07:12 PM
If I didn't respect the hard work Rain Man's done on these polls, I would totally be creating mults to rig this right now.

Rain Man showed some real fortitude in bringing us this tremendous opportunity to show our appreciation of the greatest Rock N’ Roll songs of all time.

You guys ****ed it all up. Shame!

A pox on all your houses.

Bwana
04-06-2011, 07:31 PM
Rain Man showed some real fortitude in bringing us this tremendous opportunity to show our appreciation of the greatest Rock N’ Roll songs of all time.

You guys ****ed it all up. Shame!

A pox on all your houses.

The guy that pulled that, is now on a long "Vacation."

Rukdafaidas
04-06-2011, 07:43 PM
Well, at least it doesn't look like Bohemian Rhapsody is going to win. I'm ok with Led Zeppelin.

Gadzooks
04-06-2011, 07:57 PM
The guy that pulled that, is now on a long "Vacation."

Hey, my post, (# 176), now says "Last edited by Bwana; Today at 09:31 PM.. "
What are you up to? Are you adding some kind of ghey innuendo to my post that I'm not currently able to discern, (due to the demon beer)?
We all demand an answer!

Chiefs Rool
04-06-2011, 07:59 PM
man, that's tough. I had to go with Comfortably Numb.

RJ
04-06-2011, 08:00 PM
D- None of the above

Bwana
04-06-2011, 08:14 PM
Hey, my post, (# 176), now says "Last edited by Bwana; Today at 09:31 PM.. "
What are you up to? Are you adding some kind of ghey innuendo to my post that I'm not currently able to discern, (due to the demon beer)?
We all demand an answer!

LMAO

I left a sleeper cell in the post. Run, Run while you still can!

Psyko Tek
04-06-2011, 08:18 PM
only with that one song.

tia carrera doing ball room blitz
that was my highlight

Psyko Tek
04-06-2011, 08:42 PM
Grrrrrr.

did Timmy vote suckage Lassie?
if not leave the little fucker down the well
\

Bugeater
04-06-2011, 08:46 PM
Bark, bark! Bark, bark!
Well shit, I missed this. I'm assuming it's a vote for Floyd so I rewarded you with $2M in casino cash.

Nzoner
04-06-2011, 09:09 PM
I voted BR but am ok with any of the three winning although none of them would've been by #1.As long as AC/DC or GNR didn't take the top spot it's all good.

siberian khatru
04-06-2011, 09:18 PM
I voted BR but am ok with any of the three winning although none of them would've been by #1.As long as AC/DC or GNR didn't take the top spot it's all good.

THIS

Bugeater
04-06-2011, 09:30 PM
THIS
Well yeah, there's that, I suppose.

Rain Man
04-07-2011, 09:37 AM
And it is done.

The greatest rock and roll song on the planet is Stairway to Heaven. Second greatest is Comfortably Numb. Edging out Springsteen for third-greatest is Bohemian Rhapsody.

And with that, the Rock N Poll completes its run. Thank you to all who have participated, and drive safely on your way home. (Bows, exits stage right.)

Omaha
04-07-2011, 09:39 AM
Let's do it again!

The Franchise
04-07-2011, 09:42 AM
And it is done.

The greatest rock and roll song on the planet is not Stairway to Heaven.

FYP

BigMeatballDave
04-07-2011, 09:50 AM
While I like all 3 songs, neither would be in my top 10 all-time.

BigMeatballDave
04-07-2011, 09:51 AM
Can we now do a poll with music past 1980?

blaise
04-07-2011, 09:58 AM
Hooray Stairway to Heaven.

patteeu
04-07-2011, 10:07 AM
1) Excellent off-season activity. Thanks, Rain Man.

2) Congratulations, Stairway to Heaven.

3) I'm still upset with the rest of you.

BigMeatballDave
04-07-2011, 10:09 AM
A movie poll would be interesting.

I'm far to lazy to conduct it.

Omaha
04-07-2011, 10:10 AM
Can we now do a poll with music past 1980?

There was music after 1980?

Frazod
04-07-2011, 10:11 AM
In hindsight, it probably would have been better to do this by decades. It was a foregone conclusion that Stairway would win. I wonder what would have won for the 80s?

And as for the 90s and later, I could have just used the ignore thread feature.

Bump
04-07-2011, 10:20 AM
for the next contest, we should do TV Dads or Actors

Amnorix
04-07-2011, 10:30 AM
Movies! Movies! Movies!!

Rain Man -- make it happen! :grovel:

Los Pollos Hermanos
04-07-2011, 10:32 AM
Movies! Movies! Movies!!

Rain Man -- make it happen! :grovel:

The Godfather Part II

/poll

BigMeatballDave
04-07-2011, 10:33 AM
In hindsight, it probably would have been better to do this by decades. It was a foregone conclusion that Stairway would win. I wonder what would have won for the 80s?

And as for the 90s and later, I could have just used the ignore thread feature.Metallica or GnR, or possibly Def Leppard would win the 80s.

Rain Man
04-07-2011, 10:42 AM
What next? Movies? I was pondering TV shows, too. It'd also be cool to do something like most important historical event or historical figure, given recent threads. I have a couple of other short projects planned, and we probably should let the population rest for a bit so they don't get poll fatigue, but I'm up for another one.

ClevelandBronco
04-07-2011, 10:44 AM
The Godfather Part II

/poll

100% agreed.

ClevelandBronco
04-07-2011, 10:48 AM
And it is done...

Since the poll doesn't have a built-in cutoff date and therefore might change over time, what was the official tally when you called the contest?

Rain Man
04-07-2011, 11:07 AM
Since the poll doesn't have a built-in cutoff date and therefore might change over time, what was the official tally when you called the contest?

I think it was 49 StH, 43 CN, 23 BR, 22 Springsteen

Mr. Flopnuts
04-07-2011, 11:09 AM
Who nominated Stairway to Heaven? They're in for some mod abuse.

The Franchise
04-07-2011, 11:14 AM
Who nominated Stairway to Heaven? They're in for some mod abuse.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=241439&highlight=jett

Post #2

BigMeatballDave
04-07-2011, 11:18 AM
The Godfather Part II

/pollSuckage. Not even close. Goodfellas was 10x better. Hell, Casino was better.

Los Pollos Hermanos
04-07-2011, 11:19 AM
Suckage. Not even close. Goodfellas was 10x better. Hell, Casino was better.

You're on crack.

BigMeatballDave
04-07-2011, 11:20 AM
Who nominated Stairway to Heaven? They're in for some mod abuse.:LOL: I didnt nominate it, but I voted for it more than once. Mostly because of the humor over the hatred for this song. :)

Mr. Flopnuts
04-07-2011, 11:20 AM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=241439&highlight=jett

Post #2

Rep. I'll have to think this one through. But he will be abused. :D Feel free to chip in with suggestions.

BigMeatballDave
04-07-2011, 11:21 AM
You're on crack.You'd have to be on crack to enjoy it.

Frazod

Fail.

Goodfellas was just as good, but Casino was little more than a shitty rehash of Goodfellas, minus Ray Liotta.

Mr. Flopnuts
Maybe I'll change his name to "Jimmy Page's Ballsack".

Jaric
04-07-2011, 11:37 AM
They certainly did...
I see you're being careful not to come off as being a Zeppelin hater. That's a good idea. I once said that I thought Jimmy Page was over rated as a guitar player and got neg-repped into an abysmal pit of shame.

:shake:

Why I oughta...

vailpass
04-07-2011, 11:39 AM

:LOL:
You poor man.

Jaric
04-07-2011, 11:40 AM
The Godfather Part II

/poll

Yeah. Pretty much.

I spent about 2 years of my life agonizing over which of the two was better (the less said about the 3rd, the better) and eventually decided that the addition of Robert Deniro added a significant amount of win to the equation.

ClevelandBronco
04-07-2011, 11:42 AM

I like Goodfellas as well. Goodfellas is for guys who identify with labor; Godfather II is for guys who identify with management.

BigMeatballDave
04-07-2011, 11:43 AM
:LOL:
You poor man.LMAO

People take this shit way too seriously.

My favorite movie is Pulp Fiction. A lot of people dont like it. I also couldnt give a fuck less.

Predarat
04-07-2011, 11:45 AM
And it is done.

The greatest rock and roll song on the planet is Stairway to Heaven. Second greatest is Comfortably Numb. Edging out Springsteen for third-greatest is Bohemian Rhapsody.

And with that, the Rock N Poll completes its run. Thank you to all who have participated, and drive safely on your way home. (Bows, exits stage right.)

Thanks, this was alot of fun!

Amnorix
04-07-2011, 11:53 AM
What next? Movies? I was pondering TV shows, too. It'd also be cool to do something like most important historical event or historical figure, given recent threads. I have a couple of other short projects planned, and we probably should let the population rest for a bit so they don't get poll fatigue, but I'm up for another one.

It's the football offseason, the NFL is in lock out mode, the Royals aren't doing anything this year (again) and the Red Sox are defying all logic by sucking hard.

Bring on the next poll!!

Chiefnj2
04-07-2011, 11:55 AM
If you do movies/tv shows, etc., I would suggest breaking it down into 4 conferences based on year of release, or genre.

Amnorix
04-07-2011, 11:55 AM
Yeah. Pretty much.

I spent about 2 years of my life agonizing over which of the two was better (the less said about the 3rd, the better) and eventually decided that the addition of Robert Deniro added a significant amount of win to the equation.

I'll take I over II, but they're both pretty freaking great.

Amnorix
04-07-2011, 11:56 AM
As to this -- I'm very happy BR at least made it to the final round. Some of these songs that made it pretty far and that I was worried might knock BR out... :shake:

Barret
04-07-2011, 11:57 AM
I would just like to take this time to show how I knew that this was coming.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=242242

"This course you all have chosen will lead us down a path where Stairway to Heaven is the winner and there will be much complaining about it all."

vailpass
04-07-2011, 12:01 PM
LMAO

People take this shit way too seriously.

My favorite movie is Pulp Fiction. A lot of people dont like it. I also couldnt give a **** less.

Sorry, didn't mean to offend.

vailpass
04-07-2011, 12:01 PM
I'll take I over II, but they're both pretty freaking great.

Yep. Pretty much 1 movie broken into 2 parts.

Easy 6
04-07-2011, 12:04 PM
Suckage with a capital S.

Los Pollos Hermanos
04-07-2011, 12:05 PM
It's the football offseason, the NFL is in lock out mode, the Royals aren't doing anything this year (again) and the Red Sox are defying all logic by sucking hard.

Bring on the next poll!!

Whoa, whoa, whoa... the Royals are in first place.

patteeu
04-07-2011, 12:07 PM
Rep. I'll have to think this one through. But he will be abused. :D Feel free to chip in with suggestions.

Which one? It looks like two different people nominated it.

Rain Man
04-07-2011, 12:09 PM
DaFace independently had an idea that I also had a little while back. Perhaps since we just did a media-based tournament, the next one should be fundamentally different: Dessert Wars. Pick the best dessert on the planet.

Bump
04-07-2011, 12:09 PM
a movie contest would need to be broken down by decade at the very least IMO. There is no way for me to tell which film is the best ever, there are just simply way too many great ones to determine that.

vailpass
04-07-2011, 12:11 PM
a movie contest would need to be broken down by decade at the very least IMO. There is no way for me to tell which film is the best ever, there are just simply way too many great ones to determine that.

Or genre. Sci-Fi, Horror, Pron, documentary, etc.
Then let the winners from each genre square off in a 'best movie of all time' cage match.

BigMeatballDave
04-07-2011, 12:22 PM
Sorry, didn't mean to offend.You didnt

shirtsleeve
04-07-2011, 01:08 PM
I voted LZ
Floyd was second. But had Time been the Floyd choice I'd have switched the vote here.

It is interesting to note here that despite the wide variety of angst among the voters, that two of the three most eduring rock albums ever were represented in the finals...just sayin.

Rausch
04-07-2011, 01:12 PM
I voted LZ
Floyd was second. But had Time been the Floyd choice I'd have switched the vote here.

It is interesting to note here that despite the wide variety of angst among the voters, that two of the three most eduring rock albums ever were represented in the finals...just sayin.

At my wake I'd like Comfortably Numb and Wish You Were Here to be played with enough kegs (alcohol containers, not overweight writers) to make all in attendance maudlin...

shirtsleeve
04-07-2011, 01:22 PM
Or genre. Sci-Fi, Horror, Pron, documentary, etc.
Then let the winners from each genre square off in a 'best movie of all time' cage match.

Best in that category was Insatiable II. :evil:

Rausch
04-07-2011, 01:30 PM
Best in that category was Insatiable II. :evil:

I've been out of the loop since about 98 but back in the day Jewel Denyle (sp?) was about the dirtiest thing out there...

Omaha
04-07-2011, 01:34 PM

Pulp Fiction. DONE!

BigMeatballDave
04-07-2011, 01:35 PM
Pulp Fiction. DONE!Bravo! :clap:

Rausch
04-07-2011, 01:38 PM
Pulp Fiction. DONE!

How many Pink Floyd songs were in that sound track there Einstein?...

Rain Man
04-07-2011, 01:40 PM
Pulp Fiction. DONE!

Probably. But I think the finals of Pulp Fiction versus Ferris Bueller's Day Off would be an epic battle.

Bump
04-07-2011, 01:44 PM
I would expect No Country for Old Men to make the elite 8

BigMeatballDave
04-07-2011, 01:46 PM
I would expect No Country for Old Men to make the elite 8Good one, but no.

shirtsleeve
04-07-2011, 01:57 PM
I've been out of the loop since about 98 but back in the day Jewel Denyle (sp?) was about the dirtiest thing out there...

Yeah, me too. Dont know much recent stuff, with the advent of on line pr0n, full length features aren't so sought after.

Rausch
04-07-2011, 02:01 PM
I would expect No Country for Old Men to make the elite 8

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TIvxqUCu41Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Barret
04-07-2011, 02:05 PM
Could I make a suggestion for a new Chiefsplanet best of thread. How about "Hottest Babe" Championship?

Make a suggestions thread on who needs to be in the "Madness" and then break them down into the rounds just as you did the rock and roll thread here. Post non-nude type pictures referencing the babe in question and then let the voting begin. Swimsuit pictures are fine but no blatant nipple or camel toe that would make the voting NSFW

Just my .10 cents worth of a suggestion.

kysirsoze
04-07-2011, 02:06 PM
Jesus. A movie tournament on here would essentially end my social life. I would most likely double my post count and eradicate my rep.

That said, it would be fun. I would get it started to take it off Rain Man's plate, but he would do a 10 times better job than me. FWIW, I agree with whoever said it should be by genre. Then maybe a champion's bracket.

vailpass
04-07-2011, 02:08 PM
If Pulp Fiction won for best movie ever I would laugh MFAO.