PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports There is a River Monsters marathon on today on Animal Planet

bevischief
04-10-2011, 09:03 AM
Marathon leading up to season premiere tonight. 4/10/11

Fish
04-10-2011, 09:43 AM
Awesome series....

Thanks for the heads up.

Rasputin
04-10-2011, 10:22 AM
:thumb: New season starts tonight love that show, Jeremy Wade has my respect as a fisherman. Dude is nuts but how I would love to catch fish like that.

suzzer99
04-10-2011, 10:42 AM
I wonder how good the new season is going to be. Seems like they've hit all the cool giant scary fresh-water fish already. I hope I'm proven wrong!

Yeah I love that he was doing for decades - way before the show ever started. Sometimes with this guys you wonder if they're just talking heads. He's definitely the real deal though.

Easy 6
04-10-2011, 10:49 AM
Seems like they've hit all the cool giant scary fresh-water fish already

Yeah, ya gotta wonder when he's gonna run out of genuine 'monsters'.

Rasputin
04-10-2011, 11:31 AM
I wonder how good the new season is going to be. Seems like they've hit all the cool giant scary fresh-water fish already. I hope I'm proven wrong!

Yeah I love that he was doing for decades - way before the show ever started. Sometimes with this guys you wonder if they're just talking heads. He's definitely the real deal though.

They seem to be claiming new monsters and that there still could be more out there. The under water world doesn't seem too discovered by man and that we havn't seen all it's potential. It's hard to imagine that's not the case, that with all our technoligy & mostly population growing continually around the world. Yet man is still discovering new and astonishing things all the time.

Easy 6
04-10-2011, 11:42 AM
I'd like to see him hook into one of the car size catfish that bridge repair divers swear they've seen in the Mississippi.

Saul Good
04-10-2011, 12:19 PM
I'd like to see him hook into one of the car size catfish that bridge repair divers swear they've seen in the Mississippi.

Lake of the Ozarks supposedly has the same thing near the dam.

Easy 6
04-10-2011, 12:36 PM
Lake of the Ozarks supposedly has the same thing near the dam.

Wouldnt surprise me at all in a lake that big & old.

Before i dumped her ass, the x & i were gonna take her jeep to a spot overlooking some deep water on the ol Miss, fit a big, sharp hook on her winch hook, smash a big, bloody roast or something like that on it then chuck it out as far as possible & see what we got. I liked our chances.

Psyko Tek
04-10-2011, 07:07 PM
How do you get fish to run 26 miles?

or is a swimming marathon thing?

I don't know just askin'...

Saul Good
04-10-2011, 07:44 PM

Before i dumped her ass, the x & i were gonna take her jeep to a spot overlooking some deep water on the ol Miss, fit a big, sharp hook on her winch hook, smash a big, bloody roast or something like that on it then chuck it out as far as possible & see what we got. I liked our chances.

From what I've heard, they are too big to swim. They just lay on the bottom and let the current pull food into their mouths. At the Ozarks, there is a lot of current near the dam, so the fish just gorge themselves all day. That's the rumor, at least.

Gadzooks
04-10-2011, 08:11 PM
Damn right, Rivers is a Monster!!!11!
http://sportige.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Philip-Rivers.jpg

Radar Chief
04-11-2011, 01:47 PM
The Mutilator.
Anyone else watch it?

http://animal.discovery.com/fish/river-monsters/red-bellied-pacu.html

Otter
04-11-2011, 02:03 PM
I was in awe on the episode over the wels catfish. Those things are like big carnivorous swimming PVC pipe with a sphincter that open and closes when it wants something to pass into it stomach.

Almost flawless engineering for the purpose.

kepp
04-11-2011, 02:09 PM

Before i dumped her ass, the x...

I totally thought this was going in a different direction.

Radar Chief
04-11-2011, 02:33 PM
I was in awe on the episode over the wels catfish. Those things are like big carnivorous swimming PVC pipe with a sphincter that open and closes when it wants something to pass into it stomach.

Almost flawless engineering for the purpose.

In Spain? I remember that episode.
Jeremy was standing on some tree roots the river had washed the river bank out from and a Wels swims up just looking at him. He even stomps at it and the brazen sucker just looks at him like, “Neat trick, come down here and try that.”

Bump
04-11-2011, 02:34 PM
at least they find the crap they are looking for in this show.

seclark
04-11-2011, 02:40 PM
The Mutilator.
Anyone else watch it?

http://animal.discovery.com/fish/river-monsters/red-bellied-pacu.html

"The pacu have been known to attack humans, too. In 2001, two fishermen in two separate incidents reportedly bled to death after their genitals had been bitten off by pacu fish. "

holy moley!!!
sec

Otter
04-11-2011, 02:49 PM
In Spain? I remember that episode.
Jeremy was standing on some tree roots the river had washed the river bank out from and a Wels swims up just looking at him. He even stomps at it and the brazen sucker just looks at him like, “Neat trick, come down here and try that.”

Heh, yep that was the episode.

Another cool scene is where they had the underwater camera and you could see one of those bad boys following the lure. Big "S" motions with little effort keeping up with the speed of the boat. They sure aren't pretty but damn efficient.

Radar Chief
04-11-2011, 03:07 PM
"The pacu have been known to attack humans, too. In 2001, two fishermen in two separate incidents reportedly bled to death after their genitals had been bitten off by pacu fish. "

holy moley!!!
sec

Yea, no shit.
What’s worse is the thing has a mouth full of molar like teeth meant for crushing so that would be like having a horse bite your junk off.

seclark
04-11-2011, 03:15 PM
Yea, no shit.
What’s worse is the thing has a mouth full of molar like teeth meant for crushing so that would be like having a horse bite your junk off.

heavens to betsy, that's what i was thinking. that's absolutely horrible.
sec

Radar Chief
04-02-2012, 12:37 PM
<iframe id="dit-video-embed" width="640" height="360" src="http://static.discoverymedia.com/videos/components/apl/1ee47929c7f0d3b425aa3306a3d1453d5fa60c82/snag-it-player.html?auto=no" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

New episodes started last night. Anyone else catch it?

Predarat
04-02-2012, 12:45 PM
River Monsters is an awesome show, very worthy bump.

bevischief
04-02-2012, 12:45 PM
I missed it.

Sofa King
04-02-2012, 12:52 PM
<iframe id="dit-video-embed" width="640" height="360" src="http://static.discoverymedia.com/videos/components/apl/1ee47929c7f0d3b425aa3306a3d1453d5fa60c82/snag-it-player.html?auto=no" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

New episodes started last night. Anyone else catch it?

I've watched that episode twice already.

LMAO

Radar Chief
04-02-2012, 01:03 PM
River Monsters is an awesome show, very worthy bump.

One of my all time favorites.

Radar Chief
04-02-2012, 01:04 PM
I've watched that episode twice already.

LMAO

“What a stupid thing to be doing?” /Jeremy Wade LMAO

What about that goliath grouper he caught? That thing was HUGE. When it first flashed its back I thought he had a gator or something.

Canofbier
04-02-2012, 01:17 PM
I was going to make some snarky remark about how I'll continue to not watch Animal Planet after this fantastic news, but this board seems to love this show. Maybe I'll actually have to watch an episode.

Radar Chief
04-02-2012, 01:49 PM
I was going to make some snarky remark about how I'll continue to not watch Animal Planet after this fantastic news, but this board seems to love this show. Maybe I'll actually have to watch an episode.

It’s not for everyone. I dig river fishing and going after big cats so I never miss an episode and last nights was particularly fun.

ChiefsCountry
04-02-2012, 01:53 PM
It was a local one last night with the Lake of the Ozarks.

Radar Chief
04-02-2012, 02:46 PM
It was a local one last night with the Lake of the Ozarks.

I thought it was interesting that he spoke with a diver who does salvage on Lake of the Ozarks and backed up the stories of monster cats at the base of the dam.

Lonewolf Ed
04-02-2012, 03:25 PM
I'd like to see the shows River Monsters and Bizarre Foods combine. Jeremy catches some big ugly monster fish and Andrew eats it... probably raw and some part such as the gills, while raving about how awesome it is.

lazepoo
04-02-2012, 05:48 PM
I think it's hilarious that AP has repackaged a fishing show so well that most people don't realize that's what they're watching.

That said, I love the show. It's a lot of fun.
Posted via Mobile Device

DJay23
04-02-2012, 06:34 PM

I'm not at all a fisherman and I love the show. It's a bit of a detective story, cultural travel show, wildlife program, and can be quite suspenseful