PDA

View Full Version : Poop Time-Warner cable

Mr. Laz
04-12-2011, 10:41 AM
changed their dam channel numbers again

:cuss:

keg in kc
04-12-2011, 11:08 AM
Yeah, I knew that was coming today. Time to check my DVR. Sigh.

Fish
04-12-2011, 11:12 AM
If I have to reprogram my Favorite channels, I'm gonna fucking stab someone.....

Mr. Laz
04-12-2011, 11:15 AM
If I have to reprogram my Favorite channels, I'm gonna fucking stab someone.....you do ... all your settings are screwed.

my power on channel reverted to channel 1 and all my other setting were gone or wrong. All Reminder timers are now all changed to "channel 1" because the original channel no longer exists. :banghead:

Fish
04-12-2011, 11:17 AM
[unsheathes knife....]

chiefsnorth
04-12-2011, 11:18 AM
Still not as bad as Comcast. It it were Comcast the changes would have come with $15 rate increase.

Valiant
04-12-2011, 11:18 AM
you do ... all your settings are screwed.

my power on channel reverted to channel 1 and all my other setting were gone or wrong. All Reminder timers are now all changed to "channel 1" because the original channel no longer exists. :banghead:

Really? My channels switched two weeks ago and all of my recordings switched with them to the new channel. Unless they switched the shit around again. Movie channels start at 601 anf you just add a 1 to the front if you want hd. Or is yours different?

Mr. Laz
04-12-2011, 11:22 AM
Really? My channels switched two weeks ago and all of my recordings switched with them to the new channel. Unless they switched the shit around again. Movie channels start at 601 anf you just add a 1 to the front if you want hd. Or is yours different?lucky bastige ... all mine are toast

yes, i believe my numbers are changed the same

Bowser
04-12-2011, 11:23 AM
Really? My channels switched two weeks ago and all of my recordings switched with them to the new channel. Unless they switched the shit around again. Movie channels start at 601 anf you just add a 1 to the front if you want hd. Or is yours different?

That's what I thought, too. Doesn't the DVIR record show titles, not channels?

Eh, I can't remember. It DOES ask for the option of channels in regards to regular or HD. Either way, Time Warner sucks nuts.

Mr. Laz
04-12-2011, 11:27 AM
maybe the DVR acts differently than the regular boxes

keg in kc
04-12-2011, 11:29 AM
I have the most annoying HD box in the world. Channels regularly go out, usually FX HD and Cartoon Network HD. I should swap boxes, but I'm in the perpetual "20 hours of stuff on my box that I need to watch first" dance.

Fish
04-12-2011, 11:32 AM
If you upgrade your TW HD DVR box, specifically request the black Cisco model. It's infinitely better than the other POS boxes they have. I haven't had to reset my Cisco box more than once since I got it. Those damn gray ones I had to reset once a week or so. Plus the HD on the Cisco box is about 3 times the capacity.

Mr. Laz
04-12-2011, 11:37 AM
i guess they have switch old channel 258(action) etc over to a new pay package.

assholes

Bowser
04-12-2011, 11:38 AM
I have the most annoying HD box in the world. Channels regularly go out, usually FX HD and Cartoon Network HD. I should swap boxes, but I'm in the perpetual "20 hours of stuff on my box that I need to watch first" dance.

Yeah, been through that. My HD box was just going tits up, but I still had stuff I wanted to watch. Figured they could just transfer it to the new box, only to learn that such actions would constitute copyright infringement. What a load of shit.

Bowser
04-12-2011, 11:38 AM
If you upgrade your TW HD DVR box, specifically request the black Cisco model. It's infinitely better than the other POS boxes they have. I haven't had to reset my Cisco box more than once since I got it. Those damn gray ones I had to reset once a week or so. Plus the HD on the Cisco box is about 3 times the capacity.

True story

loochy
04-12-2011, 12:49 PM
changed their dam channel numbers again

:cuss:

Switch to Cox. Once you try Cox, you'll be hooked.

Mr. Laz
04-12-2011, 01:27 PM
Switch to Cox. Once you try Cox, you'll be hooked.no homo

Bowser
04-12-2011, 10:00 PM
This is a load of shit. I'm going to go find a downloadable listing of the new channels.

Valiant
04-12-2011, 10:16 PM
This is a load of shit. I'm going to go find a downloadable listing of the new channels.

Your guide button not working?? If the upgrade messed up your box I would just take it into a store for a new one..

Bowser
04-12-2011, 10:28 PM
Your guide button not working?? If the upgrade messed up your box I would just take it into a store for a new one..

Yeah, but I don't want to go surfing through hundreds of channels. Have list, will enter. I'm lazy like that.

mnchiefsguy
04-12-2011, 10:29 PM

If you find it, please post a link. Thanks!

Bowser
04-12-2011, 10:30 PM
I found a listing for my area, and it has the old station lineup. I could make thousands by just going through and printing off lists for people.

Bowser
04-12-2011, 10:31 PM
If you find it, please post a link. Thanks!

Yeah, TW needs to update their site. Their stuff is officially outdated and worthless.

keg in kc
04-12-2011, 10:33 PM
If you find it, please post a link. Thanks!I think this should be it...

http://www.timewarnercable.com/MediaLibrary/4/22/Content%20Management/documents/TV_Made_Easy.pdf

Bowser
04-12-2011, 10:36 PM
I think this should be it...

http://www.timewarnercable.com/MediaLibrary/4/22/Content%20Management/documents/TV_Made_Easy.pdf

Nice find. I searched via my zip code and was directed here.....

http://tvlistings.timewarnercable.com/tvListings/

That link is as worthless as a crack house with no lighter.