PDA

View Full Version : Life trouble at school. What would you do?

tooge
04-13-2011, 03:25 PM
Ok, got a call from the school today. My daughter is in 1st grade. Apparently, at lunch, she got into an argument with a little boy in her class about who she is or isn't related to at the school (nobody by the way). So, the kid tells her he is gonna come to our house and shoot her. Of course, being a little girl, she is freaked out and pretty upset. Kid got in trouble and we were informed of the incident. I called back to talk to the principle about it to make sure I had the story correct. Of course, they wont tell me the kids name although I'll find out who it was from my daughter. They also wont reveal the punishment. I think that is kinda BS. Although I think 7 year olds ranting about shooting someone are pretty harmless talk, I do want to make sure that the kid gets to stay home for a day to think it over. I'd love to have my second grade son beat the crap out of him after school, thats how we hanled it in the day, but I know that doesn't fly nowadays. Anyhow, I'm gonna basically talk to my daughter, find out if this is the same kid that has been sent home for stealing other kids stuff, etc. etc. etc. If so, what to do. If not, what would you do differently if anything.

kstater
04-13-2011, 03:27 PM
Well I'm sure a kid in the first grade clearly understands the ramifications of what he said. So clearly you need to sue the school.

tooge
04-13-2011, 03:30 PM
Well I'm sure a kid in the first grade clearly understands the ramifications of what he said. So clearly you need to sue the school.

yes, good idea. the emotional damage alone has got to be worth millions.

Simplex3
04-13-2011, 03:30 PM
File a police report against the little turd. Nothing the school can do to stop it. Let the school know you're doing it in part because they were trying to cover up what, if any, punishment the kid was getting.

seclark
04-13-2011, 03:31 PM
bad deal...i guess.
did they tell you what, if any, punishment the kid got?
sec

tooge
File a police report against the little turd. Nothing the school can do to stop it. Let the school know you're doing it in part because they were trying to cover up what, if any, punishment the kid was getting.

i should probably find out if he has a hot mom first. "show me your tits or the kid gets juvie!"

Simplex3
Additionally it will place a burden on his parents to deal with the problem instead of on the school. If his parents have to start dealing with the authorities every time he's being an idiot they might start to punish him.

tooge
04-13-2011, 03:32 PM
bad deal...i guess.
did they tell you what, if any, punishment the kid got?
sec

no, that is policy. I call bs on that

seclark
04-13-2011, 03:33 PM

i'd call bs to their face. i'd go to school and talk w/somebody.
been there, done that. send me a pm if you want to hear the story.
sec

pr_capone
04-13-2011, 03:33 PM
You should find the kid's dad and beat his ass. When he has been pummeled to near unconciousness, hold him down so your daughter can get a free shot or two at his groin.

seclark
04-13-2011, 03:35 PM
You should find the kid's dad and beat his ass. When he has been pummeled to near unconciousness, hold him down so your daughter can get a free shot or two at his groin.

you'd just send the kid an infraction and bitch when someone else did something about it.
sec

tooge
04-13-2011, 03:37 PM
yeah, don't really like the idea of fighting kids fights for them, more concerned that this kids parents aren't douchebags

CrazyPhuD
04-13-2011, 03:40 PM
Sounds like you need to get your daughter a CCW.

Bill Lundberg
04-13-2011, 03:42 PM
Teach her how to pick him up and body slam him into the concrete.

ShowtimeSBMVP
04-13-2011, 03:42 PM
yeah, don't really like the idea of fighting kids fights for them, more concerned that this kids parents aren't douchebags

yea i bet your kid was a angel during this she did no wrong grow the fuck up you loser

Bill Lundberg
04-13-2011, 03:44 PM
yea i bet your kid was a angel during this she did no wrong grow the **** up you loser

And it looks like the boy's parent is definitely a douche bag

Titty Meat
04-13-2011, 03:45 PM
Tooge I'd take this up with the school district. That'll get the principals attention.

tooge
04-13-2011, 03:46 PM
yea i bet your kid was a angel during this she did no wrong grow the **** up you loser

Uh, K? I'm sure she wasn't. She didn't say she'd go to the kids house and shoot him though. You need your ass beat by the way.

ShowtimeSBMVP
04-13-2011, 03:47 PM
Just saying did a teacher hear the kid say he was gonna shot her? its 2 7 year old getting into a fight his word vs her..Nothing the school can do but punish both kids

pr_capone
04-13-2011, 03:48 PM
you'd just send the kid an infraction and bitch when someone else did something about it.
sec

ROFL

you are hysterical!

tooge
04-13-2011, 03:49 PM
I guess the thought of going to the school district or police just reaks of "pain in the ass parent" to me. I haven't ever and don't want to ever be one of those. My wife works in both kids classrooms a few days a week also, so I just don't want to be "that parent". At the same time, you never really know if this kid is just stupid or if he really is jeffrey Dahmer in the making.

tooge
04-13-2011, 03:50 PM
Just saying did a teacher hear the kid say he was gonna shot her? its 2 7 year old getting into a fight his word vs her..Nothing the school can do but punish both kids

Actually, yes they did. That is why my daughter didn't get punished and this other kid got a "stern punishment" according to the principal. That is all they will say though

Titty Meat
04-13-2011, 03:52 PM
I guess the thought of going to the school district or police just reaks of "pain in the ass parent" to me. I haven't ever and don't want to ever be one of those. My wife works in both kids classrooms a few days a week also, so I just don't want to be "that parent". At the same time, you never really know if this kid is just stupid or if he really is jeffrey Dahmer in the making.

How so? It's different times man someone threatened your daughter yes he was only a first grader but look at some of the stuff thats happend around the country the last decade or so.

ShowtimeSBMVP
04-13-2011, 03:54 PM
Apparently, at lunch, she got into an argument with a little boy in her class about who she is or isn't related to at the school (nobody by the way).

So i guess the boy was right her mom works at the school

ModSocks
he's 7 years old, let it go.

You never had the, "my dad's gun is bigger than your dad's gun" argument in school?

This country has become way too sensitive.

tooge
How so? It's different times man someone threatened your daughter yes he was only a first grader but look at some of the stuff thats happend around the country the last decade or so.

thats what I mean. that is the dilemma. Do I make a big deal of it and be "that guy" and the kid just turns out to be a harmless dumbass, or say nothing, and he goes Columbine in 6 years.

bevischief
04-13-2011, 03:56 PM
Just have the kid banned for life.

kstater

You never had the, "my dad's gun is bigger than your dad's gun" argument in school?

That was kind of my point in my post.

tooge
Apparently, at lunch, she got into an argument with a little boy in her class about who she is or isn't related to at the school (nobody by the way).

So i guess the boy was right her mom works at the school

Oh, you may be right. Guess he should shoot her.

ModSocks
04-13-2011, 03:57 PM
That was kind of my point in my post.

Just helping you break it down.

Titty Meat
04-13-2011, 03:58 PM
thats what I mean. that is the dilemma. Do I make a big deal of it and be "that guy" and the kid just turns out to be a harmless dumbass, or say nothing, and he goes Columbine in 6 years.

I'd say do it I mean whats the big deal by doing so? A taxpayer who's daughter wanted to further inquire about what was going on? Say the kid does have some issues maybe you save the community a further headache down the road who knows.

Donger
04-13-2011, 03:58 PM
I'd let it go, honestly, at this age.

Rain Man
04-13-2011, 04:08 PM

Yeah, the man of dongs has it correct. I suspect we all at some point threatened to detonate a nuclear device on the kid at the next desk when we were that age. If you complain they'll clamp down the rules even more and eventually your daughter will be expelled for spelling the word 'knife' at the spelling bee.

seclark
04-13-2011, 05:11 PM
"man of dongs"
snicker.
sec

Valiant
04-13-2011, 05:21 PM
Tooge I'd take this up with the school district. That'll get the principals attention.

Yeah I would do this first before getting the authorities.. Especially if this kid has been in trouble before.. Normally I would say do nothing as the school would/might handle it.. But if they are flat out saying no we wont tell you we are taking care of it I would go over their heads to make sure they actually are..

HonestChieffan
04-13-2011, 06:53 PM
Screenplay opportunity...mega millions in this.

I hope your daughter kicks the shit out of the kid. I long for a return to the old days. Beat him up, make him cry on the playground and pee his pants. Hang a nickname on him for life. Mr PeePants.

CoMoChief
04-13-2011, 06:58 PM
Find out who the kid is from your daughter....go over to their house and beat the fuck out of the kid, and the father.....and if the bitch wife/mother gets in the way slap her bitchass too.

NewChief
04-13-2011, 07:09 PM

This.

NewChief
04-13-2011, 07:12 PM

That's pretty standard policy, especially at that age.

MIAdragon
04-13-2011, 07:13 PM

Wow dude what the fuck is your problem?! There's no need for that shit, stick a sock in it chief.

MIAdragon
04-13-2011, 07:16 PM
Yeah I would do this first before getting the authorities.. Especially if this kid has been in trouble before.. Normally I would say do nothing as the school would/might handle it.. But if they are flat out saying no we wont tell you we are taking care of it I would go over their heads to make sure they actually are..

X2.

Bump
04-13-2011, 07:18 PM
Good thing this is first grade. Third grade is when you really start taking responsibility for your actions. This kid says this and they're in 3rd grade, he's going to juvy until he's 18.

milkman
04-13-2011, 08:49 PM
As soon as you find out the kid's name, hire a hit man to take him out.

Problem solved.

QuikSsurfer
04-13-2011, 09:00 PM
You have to get the boy's family out of the picture first... Obviously.
I don't know, maybe fire?

Tylerthigpen!1!
04-13-2011, 10:02 PM
I remember those boys in elementary school. Turned out it to be dumbasses. I would bet there is some shitty parenting going on with the boy.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
04-13-2011, 10:06 PM
Personally - I see this as "tempest in a teapot".

DeezNutz
04-13-2011, 10:14 PM
Handle it like a Boss.

KurtCobain
04-13-2011, 10:17 PM
As soon as you find out the kid's name, hire a hit man to take him out.

Problem solved.

Fuck yes this.

SAUTO
04-13-2011, 10:33 PM
My old boss had this happen to his daughter.

He showed up at school the next day with the sheriff and three highway patrolmen.

Shit got real very fast at that point
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO
04-13-2011, 10:35 PM
And forget going to the district. They are most likely going to do the same as the school. A3 least in the instance I talked about
Posted via Mobile Device

SDChiefs
04-13-2011, 10:44 PM
Fuck if it flies or not have your son beat the shit outta the kid and teach him how to talk to women or he's gonna grow up to be on an episode of maury where his wife is talking about how he beats the shit outta her and threatens to shoot her. Nip it in the bud.

Fish
04-13-2011, 10:50 PM
Something like this.... ?

<embed src="http://www.dailyhaha.com/_vids/Whohah.swf?Vid=peter_beats_up_chrisses_bully.flv%20" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" height="350" width="425">
More Funny Videos (http://www.dailyhaha.com)

ClevelandBronco
04-13-2011, 11:01 PM

Absolutely. Get the police involved immediately. Make sure everyone else who is playing a part in this incident knows that your next move is to call every news outlet you can think of if this thing isn't handled 100% to your satisfaction.

You cannot settle for bullshit excuses or coverups.

I've never had to be "that" parent, as tooge says, but I wouldn't hesitate.

Imon Yourside
04-14-2011, 12:10 AM

I definitely agree with this, a 1st grader? really? Probably something the kid saw in a movie.

-King-
04-14-2011, 02:08 AM
I'm trying to figure out if the people asking for police involvement are serious or not.
Posted via Mobile Device

JOhn
04-14-2011, 04:28 AM
I'm trying to figure out if the people asking for police involvement are serious or not.
Posted via Mobile Device

THIS

Hell, why not get the lawyers involved?

Sue them for mental anguish?

Braincase
04-14-2011, 05:22 AM
Volunteer for the schools WatchD.O.G.S. program if they have one. They'll always out you in your kids room for a few hours, and you have lunch with your kid. Use it as a "learning opportunity". See who picks up the kid in question after school, so you know how to chat with 'em when you run into 'em at the grocery store.

Iowanian
04-14-2011, 06:45 AM
He's 7.

Seven.

In First grade.

Shit happens.

NewChief
04-14-2011, 07:01 AM
I love how some of the people who usually complain about the pussification of America and how school's are turning our culture into a bunch of snitches and such are the same ones screaming to get the cops involved and threaten the school with litigation in this thread.

Good grief.

tooge
04-14-2011, 07:01 AM
Ok, Im just letting this go. I did find out however, that this is the same shitball kid that has stolen things from other kids and is known as the kid that picks on all the others. I told my daughter last night that the next time this little douchebag does anything even remotely mean to her, to make a tight fist, and hit him as hard as she can right in the nose. She knows she'll get in trouble at school, and so I'll leave that decision up to her. I sort of hope to get a call this week that she decked the litte bastard. She says she is bigger than him, so I'm not too worried.

Chiefnj2
04-14-2011, 07:04 AM
My old boss had this happen to his daughter.

He showed up at school the next day with the sheriff and three highway patrolmen.

Shit got real very fast at that point
Posted via Mobile Device

That's a great use of taxpayer money. 4 police officers for an elementary school dispute.

NewChief
04-14-2011, 07:05 AM
Ok, Im just letting this go. I did find out however, that this is the same shitball kid that has stolen things from other kids and is known as the kid that picks on all the others. I told my daughter last night that the next time this little douchebag does anything even remotely mean to her, to make a tight fist, and hit him as hard as she can right in the nose. She knows she'll get in trouble at school, and so I'll leave that decision up to her. I sort of hope to get a call this week that she decked the litte bastard. She says she is bigger than him, so I'm not too worried.

It's sad, man. The kid is 7 years old, and he's already a mess. He's just a kid, though. I'm not absolving him of blame, but it's obvious that his situation at home sucks and he's learned this behavior there. I'm sure the school doesn't like dealing with the kid either, but they have to... it's their job. They've got to try to overcome the family's influence on him and turn the kid into a productive member of society. Most likely, they'll fail. Their job won't be made any easier, though, by someone getting all up in the mix.

The worst thing, in our current culture, is that this kid will probably end up being the "victim" of bullying because he'll be a unlikeable dirtbag. Other kids will treat him accordingly, then his parents will flip the tables and claim that he's a victim of harassment. I've seen that happen time after time (not that there aren't legitimate bullying issues that need to be addressed at schools).

tooge
04-14-2011, 07:12 AM
It's sad, man. The kid is 7 years old, and he's already a mess. He's just a kid, though. I'm not absolving him of blame, but it's obvious that his situation at home sucks and he's learned this behavior there. I'm sure the school doesn't like dealing with the kid either, but they have to... it's their job. They've got to try to overcome the family's influence on him and turn the kid into a productive member of society. Most likely, they'll fail. Their job won't be made any easier, though, by someone getting all up in the mix.

The worst thing, in our current culture, is that this kid will probably end up being the "victim" of bullying because he'll be a unlikeable dirtbag. Other kids will treat him accordingly, then his parents will flip the tables and claim that he's a victim of harassment. I've seen that happen time after time (not that there aren't legitimate bullying issues that need to be addressed at schools).

It is sad. But in the words of the famous and venerable judge Smellls, "The world needs ditchdiggers too son"

tooge
04-14-2011, 07:13 AM
Oops, no disrespect to any of you ditchdiggers out there.

Lzen
04-14-2011, 07:35 AM
I love how some of the people who usually complain about the pussification of America and how school's are turning our culture into a bunch of snitches and such are the same ones screaming to get the cops involved and threaten the school with litigation in this thread.

Good grief.

I know. WTF? They are kids. It was a 7 year old making a meaningless threat. C'mon, people. A little common sense?

Lono
04-14-2011, 07:43 AM
The school is bound legally to not tell you anything about anyone but your child. Sorry, that's the law. I know it sucks.

Mr. Plow
04-14-2011, 07:47 AM
sec

LMAO

luv
04-14-2011, 07:48 AM
I know. WTF? They are kids. It was a 7 year old making a meaningless threat. C'mon, people. A little common sense?

Yep. Typically, just getting in trouble is enough to get through to kids. If this kid has a history of bullying, then the punishment needs to be escalated as warranted, IMO. Litigation though? C'mon. Yes, your kid has rights, but the school has a duty for protect each student, address each issue, and handle things as fairly as possible. If the school tells you that they are dealing with it, then you need to trust that they are. Now, if your kid continually comes home complaining about the kid, you file a complaint with the school, and nothing seems to be helping, that's when you might request to meet with the principal/teacher(s) and parents of the other child.

Although, in tooge's case, I'm pretty sure being punched in the nose by a girl would might make him think twice as well. LMAO

Mr. Plow
04-14-2011, 07:54 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

Me as well.

Mr. Plow
04-14-2011, 07:57 AM
He's 7.

Seven.

In First grade.

Shit happens.

My boys (5 & 6 years old) run around the house all day playing war, shooting each other, throwing grenades at each other. Apparently I'm raising terrorists.

NewChief
04-14-2011, 08:04 AM
My boys (5 & 6 years old) run around the house all day playing war, shooting each other, throwing grenades at each other. Apparently I'm raising terrorists.

Yeah. I've had to have this talk with my wife quite a bit. She gets disturbed by our kids talking about "killing" and "shooting" when they're playing. I've tried to explain that "play" around these topics is a healthy, safe way for kids to explore them. Our culture is so freaking knee-jerk, now, though that people just react to that stuff without even thinking about it.

I played nothing but war/battle games from about 4-10 years old (either modern or swords). I was obsessed with the miliary, guns, swords, all sorts of weapons. Look at me now: I'm a stinking pacifist hippie.

Mr. Plow
04-14-2011, 08:06 AM
Yeah. I've had to have this talk with my wife quite a bit. She gets disturbed by our kids talking about "killing" and "shooting" when they're playing. I've tried to explain that "play" around these topics is a healthy, safe way for kids to explore them. Our culture is so freaking knee-jerk, now, though that people just react to that stuff without even thinking about it.

I played nothing but war/battle games from about 4-10 years old (either modern or swords). I was obsessed with the miliary, guns, swords, all sorts of weapons. Look at me now: I'm a stinking pacifist hippie.

LMAO

Mile High Mania
04-14-2011, 08:32 AM
Sadly, it's hard to brush things off like this today... if the school won't give you specifics, I would definitely call and inquire about this with the local police. At the very least, I would do this to make sure that this isn't the 3rd or 4th thing they're 'covering up' for the kid.

It very well and likely is harmless... but, you just don't know and with kids, I just won't take the risk.

Mr. Plow
04-14-2011, 08:33 AM
It's been said before....but he is a 1st grader. Unless there is some pattern to this, there is zero reason to involve police.

Imon Yourside
04-14-2011, 08:34 AM

Ya i have 2 kids 10 and 12 and obviously something is wrong if they aren't talking about war related topics and that's only if one isn't trying to kill(used for effect) the other one. That being said as far as i know neither has threatened to bring a gun to school or shoot anyone. The oldest wants to join the military, i'm hoping it's just a phase.

Bane
04-14-2011, 08:34 AM
I'd have her bake him some ex-lax cookies.

Mile High Mania
04-14-2011, 08:35 AM

:evil: Mind do this as well, but we have talked with them about things they should try NOT to say at school... it's silly and unfortunate, but it's true. When you read about kids getting sent home for having 'toy soldiers and toy soldier guns" in their backpacks, you can never be too careful.

Mile High Mania
04-14-2011, 08:36 AM
It's been said before....but he is a 1st grader. Unless there is some pattern to this, there is zero reason to involve police.

That's the thing... with the secrecy, how would you know? Schools want to try and "fix it" on their own and avoid the bad press.

Imon Yourside
04-14-2011, 08:37 AM
The word retard is also banned from our school, so if this happened in my neck of the woods the kid would probably get the death penalty.

tooge
04-14-2011, 08:41 AM
I would never call the police about an incident like this. All I did was call the school to make sure 1. My daughter didn't do anything to instigate the kid, and 2. Make sure the kid is punished so he doesn't continue to be an idiot. I am a believer in taking care of as much of this stuff in house as possible. My dilemma was more that I am unable to find out if the kid was punished and if his parents are total idiots or not, and what to do about that. I guess there really isn't anything that can be done. This kid will get his due if he deserves it.

NewChief
04-14-2011, 08:43 AM
I would never call the police about an incident like this. All I did was call the school to make sure 1. My daughter didn't do anything to instigate the kid, and 2. Make sure the kid is punished so he doesn't continue to be an idiot. I am a believer in taking care of as much of this stuff in house as possible. My dilemma was more that I am unable to find out if the kid was punished and if his parents are total idiots or not, and what to do about that. I guess there really isn't anything that can be done. This kid will get his due if he deserves it.

My scorn wasn't directed at you. I completely understand where you're coming from, especially because I have a son in kindergarten who will probably get picked on quite a bit as he gets older (due to his genetic condition). It seems like you handled things fine.

ClevelandBronco
04-14-2011, 08:47 AM

Hey, it's your call, your kid, and your school. IMO, you've just decided that the least uncomfortable approach is just to become part of the problem.

But it ain't my problem, so :thumb:.

Mr. Plow
04-14-2011, 08:49 AM
That's the thing... with the secrecy, how would you know? Schools want to try and "fix it" on their own and avoid the bad press.

Maybe I'm naive, but I would assume that if the school knew of a student with a history of violence towards other kids, they would handle it appropriately. And, as a last resort involved authorities.....especially for a 1st grader.

My kindergartner has had some issues with a 1st grader. Not "I'm going to your house and shoot you" problems, but several problems with him kind of picking on my son. This kid has some issues from a drunk/druggie mother, but it never once entered my head to involve authorities even though this kid was essentially attacking my son. We got the problems resolved, I've talked with the dad & principal, and we didn't have to have the kid arrested.

tooge
04-14-2011, 09:02 AM
Hey, it's your call, your kid, and your school. IMO, you've just decided that the least uncomfortable approach is just to become part of the problem.

But it ain't my problem, so :thumb:.

No, its not the least uncomfortable solution. Its how life is. If you are a douche, someone will eventually bust you in the face. The lesson? Dont be a douche. It's always been this way. The least uncomforable approach would be to do nothing at all.

Mile High Mania
04-14-2011, 10:10 AM
Maybe I'm naive, but I would assume that if the school knew of a student with a history of violence towards other kids, they would handle it appropriately. And, as a last resort involved authorities.....especially for a 1st grader.

My kindergartner has had some issues with a 1st grader. Not "I'm going to your house and shoot you" problems, but several problems with him kind of picking on my son. This kid has some issues from a drunk/druggie mother, but it never once entered my head to involve authorities even though this kid was essentially attacking my son. We got the problems resolved, I've talked with the dad & principal, and we didn't have to have the kid arrested.

In the perfect world, sure... but, I have kids in elementary school and I've volunteered at times. You do see things and you hear about stories from other parents and your kids regarding other students. Schools will try to handle it on their own as best they can and in a manner that doesn't bring any negative attention.

I have friends that are teachers... and my brother-in-law is a Superintendent of a system in Nebraska. Their intent is often good, but by treating habitual offenders (even if they are minor deals) does not fix the problem.

I've asked my kids to handle it in the right manner and only under the most extreme circumstances do you fight back. It's often the kid that throws the first punch that gets the heat.

Some staff members in schools think they're handling it right... sometimes they're not, so while it may seem extreme... I'll do what I think I need to do in order to remedy the situation. And, no... I'm not above going to the kid's parents if I know the kid causing the problems.

Is it smart? Maybe not, but we all know how kids can be... I'm not going to let the system fail my kids if there's a kid getting away with things and creating issues.

Iowanian
04-14-2011, 10:48 AM
In Harlan County, We know the difference between road flairs and dynamite.

acesn8s
04-14-2011, 04:23 PM
Get a restraining order against the brat. When the kid can't go to school the parents will have to take the time to deal with him.

vailpass
04-14-2011, 04:31 PM
sec

zing! ouch! DAAAAMMMMNNNNN :)

Bill Lundberg
04-19-2011, 05:27 PM
Maybe you should show this to the school...

http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/04/19/texas.school.gun.accident/index.html?hpt=T2