PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink Mr. Doggity's BBQ Sauce

gblowfish
04-20-2011, 09:03 AM
One of my very best buds -we've known each other since 8th grade- is my pal Mr. Doggity. Mr. Doggity and I have gone to Chiefs games together forever, and he often sits with me in the Blowfish seats behind the Chiefs bench. His job with a major local hospital was "outsourced" two months ago. So, while he's been spinning out his severance, he decided to open a small business.

Mr. Doggity is a very talented cook, and has been a long time judge at the American Royal BBQ contests. He makes his own BBQ sauce, which is excellent. It's so good, that a well known local restaurant owner has helped him launch it for resale, which will be available in a few weeks.

It's called "Mr Doggity's BBQ Sauce" and it will be packed and distributed by La Fontanella Foods of KC -the same folks who pack Cascone's Pasta Sauce, Margarita's and Manny's Salsas, and other well know sauces and spices.

Their website is here:
http://www.lffoods.com/index.cfm

The sauce should be available to the public in May sometime. Mr. Doggity also makes some preserves and home packed pickles that are to die for, but he's going to start with the sauce and see if it flies. They're going to work on specialty food shops first, then see if they can get into places like Price Chopper and Hy-Vee. It's a long process. His stuff is very good, I highly recommend it.

Mr. Doggity's brother Dart is a well known design artist in Austin, TX. He designed the logo:

Dave Lane
04-20-2011, 09:08 AM
Theres something ironic or possibility wrong to have this BBQ thread next to I lost my dog today thread

Dante84
04-20-2011, 09:09 AM
Does it go well with SPAM?

:D

Sounds good, I'll give it a go when it hits the market.

Bane
04-20-2011, 09:10 AM
Sounds good to me.I'll definitely try it out when I can.
Posted via Mobile Device

gblowfish
04-20-2011, 09:11 AM
I'm very happy for him. Lots of good people have been thrown out of work over the past couple years, and are scratching to find new ways to make a living. I hope this works out for him. It's a great product.

As for dogs, Mr. Doggity's German Shepherd Jack has his own Facebook page. He has more Facebook friends than I do!
http://www.facebook.com/reqs.php#!/profile.php?id=100000713630498

gblowfish
04-20-2011, 09:28 AM
Doggity's website is cooking too. Still under development, but on the web:
http://mrdoggity.com/Welcome.html

Phobia
04-20-2011, 09:35 AM
I'm very happy for him. Lots of good people have been thrown out of work over the past couple years, and are scratching to find new ways to make a living. I hope this works out for him. It's a great product.

Well, I hope so too but realistically it's not gonna fly unless it gets picked up by a national distributor. A top 3 placer in sauce at the last 3 or 4 Royal events is a friend of mine and he has his sauce in all the stores. It's my favorite sauce. I dumped Blued Hog for Firebug but he still doesn't make a living at it. He's been bottling and distributing commercially for about 3 years.

Demonpenz
04-20-2011, 09:37 AM
Well if he can't make a living at it, he can flavor up Ramon and hot dogs.

gblowfish
04-20-2011, 09:46 AM
Well, I hope so too but realistically it's not gonna fly unless it gets picked up by a national distributor. A top 3 placer in sauce at the last 3 or 4 Royal events is a friend of mine and he has his sauce in all the stores. It's my favorite sauce. I dumped Blued Hog for Firebug but he still doesn't make a living at it. He's been bottling and distributing commercially for about 3 years.

The Firebug sauce looks good. Like the color. Is this the website?
http://www.firebugkc.com/

Phobia
04-20-2011, 09:54 AM
The Firebug sauce looks good. Like the color. Is this the website?
http://www.firebugkc.com/

That's it. Sorghum base, natural ingredients... Extraordinary flavor. I don't really depart far from it. I also even bother making my own sauce any more because I doubt I'll achieve something I like better than this stuff.

Phobia
04-20-2011, 09:56 AM
Also, have Doggity contact my friend. He's super and helpful. He might even already know him. I'm sure Doggity knows of him. But he'll likely bring him to KC Food Artisans meetings and help him with some pointers.

gblowfish
04-20-2011, 10:07 AM
Also, have Doggity contact my friend. He's super and helpful. He might even already know him. I'm sure Doggity knows of him. But he'll likely bring him to KC Food Artisans meetings and help him with some pointers.

I'll do that, thanks. The company that's going to pack the sauce also does LC's BBQ sauce.

Phobia
04-20-2011, 10:10 AM
I think my buddy tried them but they made too many mistakes. Not sure where he's bottling now but he's much happier.

Pitt Gorilla
04-20-2011, 10:14 AM
MoHillbilly has his own sauce as well. Great stuff.

gblowfish
04-20-2011, 10:28 AM

Hey, small world, they DO know each other. Doggity emailed me this:

"Actually, we have met and will be doing BBQ classes together at the Culinary Institute, and also a place in Lee's Summit called "A Thyme For Everything". He teaches out there, right now, and has been looking for someone to tag-team with."

Cool! Meeting of the great BBQ minds can only help mankind.

Saul Good
04-20-2011, 10:55 AM
I will give it a try as long as there is no cinnamon in it. There is a special place in hell for people who put cinnamon in bbq sauce.

MOhillbilly
04-20-2011, 01:46 PM
That's it. Sorghum base, natural ingredients... Extraordinary flavor. I don't really depart far from it. I also even bother making my own sauce any more because I doubt I'll achieve something I like better than this stuff.

SOB can we get it down here?

Fish
04-20-2011, 03:19 PM

Here's the "Where to buy in MO" page:

http://www.firebugbbq.com/MO_locations.html

Looks like there's a place in Joplin. Probably the closest to you.

It's easily my favorite sauce.

Phobia
04-20-2011, 03:23 PM
Hey, small world, they DO know each other. Doggity emailed me this:

"Actually, we have met and will be doing BBQ classes together at the Culinary Institute, and also a place in Lee's Summit called "A Thyme For Everything". He teaches out there, right now, and has been looking for someone to tag-team with."

Cool! Meeting of the great BBQ minds can only help mankind.

Yeah, I did the teaching kitchen out at A Thyme For Everything. It's not amazing but if you saw the budget I worked with, it's incredible.

Phobia
04-20-2011, 03:24 PM

Just buy a case or a gallon when you're up here. I'll put you straight on to him so you don't have to pay mark-up.

Phobia
04-20-2011, 03:26 PM
Here's the "Where to buy in MO" page:

http://www.firebugbbq.com/MO_locations.html

Looks like there's a place in Joplin. Probably the closest to you.

It's easily my favorite sauce.

Use it in place of a buffalo sauce sometime. Amazing.

Groves
04-20-2011, 03:38 PM
Us Springfieldians are always attending KC bashes, and the KC folks of course can't stay away from our well attended get-togethers. It's a veritable pipeline for Firebug and soon to be Mr. Doggity's BBQ sauce.

I can't wait to try both.

I loved Blues Hog, which is available here, so it can only improve from there.

If Dinny would quit messing around with ground hogs and cease with his amorous encounters with popcorn we could taste some of his as well.

MOhillbilly
04-20-2011, 03:39 PM
Just buy a case or a gallon when you're up here. I'll put you straight on to him so you don't have to pay mark-up.

nice.

MOhillbilly
04-20-2011, 03:40 PM
Us Springfieldians are always attending KC bashes, and the KC folks of course can't stay away from our well attended get-togethers. It's a veritable pipeline for Firebug and soon to be Mr. Doggity's BBQ sauce.

ill holler before i head.

gblowfish
04-22-2011, 06:19 PM
UPDATE: Mr.Doggity's Dogg House BBQ sauce is now for sale at Jasper's at 103rd and State Line. It's a start!

SAUTO
04-22-2011, 08:25 PM

I can't wait to try both.

I loved Blues Hog, which is available here, so it can only improve from there.

If Dinny would quit messing around with ground hogs and cease with his amorous encounters with popcorn we could taste some of his as well.

I have had one and two. I really enjoyed both.

The watermelon jelly was awesome also....
Posted via Mobile Device

Phobia
04-22-2011, 08:27 PM
UPDATE: Mr.Doggity's Dogg House BBQ sauce is now for sale at Jasper's at 103rd and State Line. It's a start!

Jett will carry it at A Thyme for Everything, especially if Jasper's is carrying it and since he'll be helping Shannon there.

gblowfish
04-25-2011, 09:06 AM
Website is now up where you can order online:
http://mrdoggity.myshopify.com/

sedated
04-25-2011, 09:27 AM

BBQ sauce at an Italian market?

gblowfish
04-25-2011, 09:31 AM
BBQ sauce at an Italian market?

Hey, goodfellah, try it on meatballs!

WV
04-25-2011, 09:35 AM

Been wanting to try Firebug hot, but the freaking shipping costs are more than the sauce!

Stewie
04-25-2011, 10:15 AM

It's known as "mining the miner." I guarantee the bottler and distributor make money or they would have dropped that sauce for another.

tooge
04-25-2011, 10:42 AM
It's known as "mining the miner." I guarantee the bottler and distributor make money or they would have dropped that sauce for another.

I'm very familiar with that deal. I guarantee the bottler of our 3 Buddeez brands makes 20%, and I know for a fact that the distributor makes another 20%. We, on the other hand, barely make any after shipping, etc. It is a volume game for sure

gblowfish
05-04-2011, 08:23 AM
Doggity Update: Second product added to the line, Doggity's Hot Sauce. This lifted from a Mr. Doggity email I got yesterday:

"The hot sauce is ready! It's in the style of the Caribbean sauces that you find on every diner's tables throughout the West Indies. The big brands there are "Country Boy" and "Delish". They are a blend of mustard, smoked jalapeno, habanero and fruit - usually mango. Mine is made with mustard, chipotle, habanero and pineapple. The hot sauce may turn out to be the top seller. I put it on the website yesterday, and when I fill orders tomorrow, it will be sold out."

You can order here:

So far his business has been doing great. Sauce is selling, the hot sauce is flying off the shelf. I think he might do pickles next.

MOhillbilly
05-04-2011, 08:28 AM
Been wanting to try Firebug hot, but the freaking shipping costs are more than the sauce!
1st impression-
Its not that great. Its good but not great.

gblowfish
05-14-2011, 12:05 PM
Mr. Doggity is running a weekend special on Facebook:

MrDoggity Foods, LLC
If you've been thinking about ordering sauce, any orders placed between 6 pm Friday and 6 am CDT Monday, will receive a bonus jar of the bbq seasoning or steak seasoning! So - if you want to order or re-order, now's the time to do it!

You can find his site at:
http://mrdoggity.com/Welcome.html

I tried the Hot Sauce. It's hot, a little dab'll do ya. Very good mixed with some olive oil to brush on grilled chicken, or a little shot on some eggs like you would use tabasco.

Phobia
05-14-2011, 04:27 PM
1st impression-
Its not that great. Its good but not great.

Firebug hot is good but not nearly as good as their regular.

gblowfish
05-15-2011, 09:27 AM
Mr. Doggity says his BBQ sauce will soon be available at both Rimann Liquor stores in Prairie Village and Lenexa. Marshall Rimann is a good friend. The sauce has been doing very well so far. It's been fun to watch his business develop over the past month.

Simply Red
05-15-2011, 11:31 AM
I'm house-sitting moms hs.

Just grilled up some black angus burgers and ate them bunless, w/ only Stacks and Gates mixed and brushed on top, also vidalia onion slivers, it was pretty damn good. STHJ

gblowfish
05-15-2011, 07:57 PM
Tonight I did Orange Baked Chicken with Mr. Doggity's Hot Sauce. Here's the basic:
Preheat oven to 375.

Two boneless chicken breasts, skinned. Wash, pat dry with paper towel. Get a baking disc or aluminum pan. Mix up the following in a bowl:

About a tablespoon ea of garlic powder, onion powder, Old Bay Seasoning, pinch of sea salt, pinch of pepper, couple three shakes of Mr. Doggity's Hot Sauce, 3 tablespoons of Olive Oil. Mix this all up with a whisk, and brush on both sides of the chicken.

Now... pour about two fingers of OJ into the pan with the chicken. Cover with foil, bake that sucker for about an hour. Flip the chicken at the 30 min mark to keep both sides juicy, put in more OJ if the pan is getting dry (should have plenty of liquid).

About ten minutes before the chicken is done, pull the chicken pan, drain most of the juice (leave a little) into a saucepan. Put in about a tablespoon of brown sugar, a dash more OJ, and another shot or two of Mr. Doggity's hot sauce. Put the chicken back in the oven for a few minutes. Put the saucepan on a high heat and cook that mixture down until it thickens. Stir it up often as it boils so it doesn't burn. It will render down into a brown sauce. Pull the chicken out of the over and brush it with the glaze hot off the stove.

The chicken will be tender and moist, and the glaze adds a hot, sweet kick. Very tasty.

gblowfish
06-21-2011, 10:59 AM
Doggity Sauce is doing quite well, he's sold a bunch, and continues to get it into stores. Got this email from my pal Mr. Doggity today:

"Well, I just got bought out of sauce!
A guy who was in the Army Rangers in Afghanistan, and now owns a ranch in McCune, KS, just bought all of the sauce I had ready to ship. He's sending it to the Bagram Air Base in Afghanistan.

Maybe MrDoggity's sauce can finally win the war!"

Cool! KC BBQ sauce off to Afghanistan! That'll work! :clap:

gblowfish
07-13-2011, 10:35 AM
I stopped by to see my Pal Mr. Doggity last night. He's looking for places to sell his sauce North of the River, Eastern Jackson County (Blue Springs, Grain Valley, etc) and elsewhere. His business is growing!

He's been doing very well. He just bought a new smoker rig to do catering gigs.

And, his new Hot Doggity BBQ Sauce just came out. Spicier version of the regular sauce. You can get it here online:

http://mrdoggity.myshopify.com/products/mrdoggitys-hot-doggity-bbq-sauce

MOhillbilly
07-13-2011, 10:45 AM
i dont wanna order online. i want my friends and fam. to bring some down. where do i tell em to go?

gblowfish
07-13-2011, 10:52 AM
i dont wanna order online. i want my friends and fam. to bring some down. where do i tell em to go?

In KC they can buy at Jasper's Restaurant at 103rd and State Line, or any Rimann's Liquors in Johnson County. Also the Olive Tree in Town Center in Leawood.

rageeumr
07-13-2011, 11:06 AM
I stopped by to see my Pal Mr. Doggity last night. He's looking for places to sell his sauce North of the River, Eastern Jackson County (Blue Springs, Grain Valley, etc) and elsewhere. His business is growing!

He's been doing very well. He just bought a new smoker rig to do catering gigs.

And, his new Hot Doggity BBQ Sauce just came out. Spicier version of the regular sauce. You can get it here online:

http://mrdoggity.myshopify.com/products/mrdoggitys-hot-doggity-bbq-sauce

Am I losing my mind, or are there MS Word misspelling indicators in that ad?

ROFL

RockChalk
07-13-2011, 01:28 PM
Firebug hot is good but not nearly as good as their regular.

Frickin HyVee here in Lawrence quit carrying it. I don't use their sauce (Hot or regular) as a dipping sauce or final product on my meat. However, I brush it on anything I grill and when mixed with hamburger, it creates one fantastic tasting burger.

Anyone know if the HyVee's in the KC area are still carrying Firebug sauces?

MOhillbilly
07-13-2011, 01:37 PM
Frickin HyVee here in Lawrence quit carrying it. I don't use their sauce (Hot or regular) as a dipping sauce or final product on my meat. However, I brush it on anything I grill and when mixed with hamburger, it creates one fantastic tasting burger.

YOU'RE SCARIN ME BRO.

RockChalk
07-13-2011, 03:28 PM
YOU'RE SCARIN ME BRO.

Why's that? I enjoy the sauce! I need the sauce!

MOhillbilly
07-13-2011, 03:51 PM
Why's that? I enjoy the sauce! I need the sauce!

Its Lifes Blood. You cant have church without the proper sacraments.

bevischief
07-13-2011, 04:03 PM

A new hardware about a block from my house just opened up and they carry it.

Extra Point
07-13-2011, 04:05 PM
It tastes even better with SPAM!

gblowfish
07-14-2011, 09:37 PM
Mr. Doggity Sauce made it to Afghanistan...to a medic in Kandahar. Cool!

Fish
07-14-2011, 09:45 PM

Quite a few Hyvees were carrying it here in KC. But I haven't seen it in any of the stores I previously saw it in as of 6 months ago or so.

Your best bet is to go to McGonigles Meat Market. They always have it.

Or check here: http://www.firebugkc.com/locations.html

But the locations page isn't completely accurate....

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-14-2011, 10:20 PM

Well, the color looks good. I'll have to order some if possible.

Dave Lane
07-14-2011, 10:32 PM
Mr. Doggity Sauce made it to Afghanistan...to a medic in Kandahar. Cool!

It wasn't KCJohnny was it? No wait he was a chaplain.

Simply Red
07-14-2011, 11:40 PM
Well if he can't make a living at it, he can flavor up Ramon and hot dogs.

ROFL

gblowfish
08-16-2011, 10:37 AM
Update on Doggity Sauce: They just sold out of the "Ghost Pepper' Bajan Sauce...which was a seasonal hot sauce... and they just got picked up by Knucklehead's Music Club to sell the BBQ sauce in Knucklehead's. So next time you see a show there, you can get some sauce!

lcarus
08-16-2011, 12:19 PM
That first logo looks like the world's worst tattoo

gblowfish
08-16-2011, 01:00 PM
That first logo looks like the world's worst tattoo

The labels have been altered since the original logo was designed. You can see what it looks like now here:

http://mrdoggity.myshopify.com/products/mrdoggitys-original-bbq-sauce

I'm very happy for my pal Mr. Doggity. His sauce has been doing great this summer, and hopefully he'll see an even bigger distribution next summer.

tooge
08-16-2011, 01:07 PM
The labels have been altered since the original logo was designed. You can see what it looks like now here:

http://mrdoggity.myshopify.com/products/mrdoggitys-original-bbq-sauce

I'm very happy for my pal Mr. Doggity. His sauce has been doing great this summer, and hopefully he'll see an even bigger distribution next summer.

He should take his sauce to RSI (retail services inc) in Overland Park. We took our pickled stuff to them about a year ago. They are a food broker. They got us picked up by Associated Wholesale Grocers. AWG then has their sales team (value merchandising) out selling to store chains. They just got us into a 15 store chain in Oklahoma, and they have over 800 stores they service. He just needs to have some unique spin to his presentation, like that he judges bbq's or something to set his sauce apart fromt the thousands of others out there. Also, the margin on the product will go waaaaaay down, but, he wont have to do anything but promote it in stores.

gblowfish
08-16-2011, 01:11 PM
He should take his sauce to RSI (retail services inc) in Overland Park. We took our pickled stuff to them about a year ago. They are a food broker. They got us picked up by Associated Wholesale Grocers. AWG then has their sales team (value merchandising) out selling to store chains. They just got us into a 15 store chain in Oklahoma, and they have over 800 stores they service. He just needs to have some unique spin to his presentation, like that he judges bbq's or something to set his sauce apart fromt the thousands of others out there. Also, the margin on the product will go waaaaaay down, but, he wont have to do anything but promote it in stores.
I'll pass that suggestion along to him, thanks Tooge.

tooge
08-16-2011, 01:14 PM
I'll pass that suggestion along to him, thanks Tooge.

sure. Name dropping seems to be invaluable in this biz also. I have a bunch of contacts at HyVee corporate in DesMoines, Cosentinos in KC, and others we have worked with over the last few years. PM me if you need any of that info.

gblowfish
09-28-2011, 01:21 PM
Mr. Doggity's Hot Sauce and BBQ sauce show up on WDAF news segment this week. Chef is Jasper from Jasper's at 103rd and State Line. Mr. Doggity getting some love!

http://tinyurl.com/43dkzdx

tooge
09-28-2011, 01:25 PM
How'd he pull that one off?

Phobia
09-28-2011, 01:32 PM

Jasper gets tons of love. You get in good with him he can open some doors.

gblowfish
09-28-2011, 03:14 PM

Mr. Doggity and Jasper are pals. They do lots of cooking demostrations together.

Doggity's hot bajan sauce is very good. It's like Tabasco, only funkier. Its a jamacian style hot sauce. Hard to describe, but it's good on lots of stuff.

His BBQ sauce is kicking ass. He's still looking for stores in the Northland and out east (Blue Springs, Oak Grove, etc) to carry it.

Bob Dole
09-28-2011, 03:34 PM
He's still looking for stores in the Northland and out east (Blue Springs, Oak Grove, etc) to carry it.

How about one in NE TX? :)

gblowfish
09-28-2011, 03:51 PM
How about one in NE TX? :)
Sure why not?
PM me and I'll hook you up with Mr. Doggity.

sedated
09-28-2011, 04:00 PM
Mr. Doggity and Jasper are pals. They do lots of cooking demostrations together.

do they do them at the KCCC by any chance?

Edit: apparently so, according to the news bit.

sedated
09-28-2011, 04:08 PM
It's called "Mr Doggity's BBQ Sauce" and it will be packed and distributed by La Fontanella Foods of KC -the same folks who pack Cascone's Pasta Sauce, Margarita's and Manny's Salsas, and other well know sauces and spices.

do they help get it into stores? or do they just do the co-packing?

gblowfish
09-30-2011, 08:34 AM
do they help get it into stores? or do they just do the co-packing?

I know they do the mixing and bottling. I don't know much about the distribution, Doggity does his own gig with that.

Speaking of which, you can now buy his BBQ sauce and Jamaican Style Hot Sauce from another source online. Brand new source, which is very cool:

http://www.tinyurl.com/FreshConnectDoggity

Phobia
09-30-2011, 09:21 AM
Still haven't seen the Doggity sauce. Anxious to try it. I think my Firebug buddy messed with his recipe because the sauce from the store is runny now and the first ingredient is ketchup.

gblowfish
09-30-2011, 09:24 AM
Still haven't seen the Doggity sauce. Anxious to try it. I think my Firebug buddy messed with his recipe because the sauce from the store is runny now and the first ingredient is ketchup.

You can buy Doggity sauce at Jasper's at 103rd and State Line, or the Olive Tree in Leawood or at Knucklehead's Saloon in the east bottoms KCMO. Or online from his website. The jamaican hot sauce is very good too, great on eggs like Tabasco.

Fish
09-30-2011, 09:30 AM

I thought I was crazy in thinking the same thing. It certainly seems more runny now... Didn't notice a change in ingredients...

Archie F. Swin
09-30-2011, 10:01 AM
Anyone know how the Hot Doggity BBQ sauce compares to Gates extra hot?

gblowfish
09-30-2011, 10:21 AM
Anyone know how the Hot Doggity BBQ sauce compares to Gates extra hot?

I'll drop Mr. Doggity an email and ask him for you.

gblowfish
09-30-2011, 11:07 AM
Doggity's answer:

"Comparable heat level. Different flavor. "

Stewie
09-30-2011, 11:12 AM

I think people develop sauces like Firebug that are top notch, but eventually the originator gets burned out. After a while they have very little money to show for their efforts. It's a tough sale when the other BBQ sauce on the shelf is on sale for $1. In response, Firebug goes cheap just to make something happen with their sales.

gblowfish
09-30-2011, 11:29 AM
I don't mind paying $4 for a bottle of BBQ sauce if its damn good.

kcmaxwell
09-30-2011, 11:33 AM
I don't mind paying $4 for a bottle of BBQ sauce if its damn good.

I agree. You get what you pay for.

gblowfish
09-30-2011, 11:37 AM
I think people develop sauces like Firebug that are top notch, but eventually the originator gets burned out. After a while they have very little money to show for their efforts. It's a tough sale when the other BBQ sauce on the shelf is on sale for $1. In response, Firebug goes cheap just to make something happen with their sales.

When KC Masterpiece got bought out by Clorox, they cheapened the formula down so they could mass merchandise it. I read somewhere that Rich Davis has said that the stuff off the shelf now isn't near as good as his original recipe.

gblowfish
10-13-2011, 09:12 AM
Nice write up on the sauce, and pics of my pal Mr. Doggity:

http://www.petedulin.com/index.php/2011/10/13/duane-daugherty-mr-doggity-foods/

chiefscafan
10-13-2011, 10:29 AM
How do u buy it I'm currious to try it

gblowfish
10-13-2011, 10:32 AM
How do u buy it I'm currious to try it

Buy on line here:

Dave Lane
10-13-2011, 10:42 AM
I'm gonna stop by McGonigles and see if they have any this afternoon then give it a trial run.

gblowfish
10-13-2011, 12:32 PM
I'm gonna stop by McGonigles and see if they have any this afternoon then give it a trial run.

If McGonigles doesn't have it, you can get it at Jasper's at 103rd and State Line. He has a little store in the front that sells various sauces and such.

sedated
10-13-2011, 12:48 PM

while there, pick up a bottle of Chili Fixins. Its near the peanut butter and jelly, on the bottom shelf. Don't buy that Real Man stuff, its garbage.

gblowfish
10-26-2011, 05:54 PM
Got this from my pal Mr. Doggity. In case you're interested, he's going to be doing some custom smoking before Thanksgiving. He also has a radio show about all things KC (food, music, fun events) that'll be debuting on KCMO on Sunday mornings at 9am. Starts week from this coming Sunday 11/6. Here's the email:

"I am starting to take holiday pre-orders of smoked salmon and homemade pastrami. The price for each is $14.99 per pound, and the average is 2 to 3 pounds per package.
They will come in vacuum pouches, frozen, and will keep for 3 or more weeks. I can even ship!
Email your orders to duane@mrdoggity.com. If you want your order shipped, tell me the date you want it to arrive, and the delivery address.
I accept PayPal, cash or check."

So if you like Salmon or Pastrami, drop him a line. I'm sure he'd smoke other things for you too, just ask him.

gblowfish
11-07-2011, 07:21 PM
Mr. Doggity's first radio show on KCMO was yesterday at 9am on KCMO.
You can hear the podcast here. His show is called "The Everyday Concierge." It's about food, music, fun in Kansas City. Pretty good stuff.
http://tinyurl.com/75qz4s8

GloryDayz
11-07-2011, 07:36 PM
Still not at Hy-Vee or anything. I'm really into these sorts of sauces.. Ought to be fun to work with...

gblowfish
11-07-2011, 07:57 PM
Still not at Hy-Vee or anything. I'm really into these sorts of sauces.. Ought to be fun to work with...
I don't think he's going to be in Hy-Vee, but you can buy it from his site. I highly recommend the hot BBQ sauce, and the Bajan hot sauce kicks butt, it's like Tabasco but funkier:

GloryDayz
11-07-2011, 08:01 PM
Will do... I'm planning ribs...thoughts?

gblowfish
11-07-2011, 08:25 PM
Will do... I'm planning ribs...thoughts?

If you go to Doggity's site, his email is listed. Just ask his advice on the best way to do the ribs. Tell him how you plan to cook them (grill, smoker, oven, etc) and he'll give you some advice on how to do it, and when to use the sauce.

gblowfish
12-06-2011, 11:28 AM
Website is updated, and his radio show is on KCMO on Sunday mornings now. He's really eatin' biscuits now....

http://mrdoggity.com/

vailpass
12-06-2011, 11:48 AM
He giving you anything for the advertising your doing here?

gblowfish
12-06-2011, 11:58 AM
He giving you anything for the advertising your doing here?

I get a free bottle of sauce every once in a blue moon.
Guy is one of my best buds. He's a small business man, makes good stuff.
If you like BBQ you should try it. Seriously.

WV
12-06-2011, 11:59 AM

I would love to, but the shipping is prohibitive.

gblowfish
12-06-2011, 12:01 PM
Shipping is not so bad if you buy a few other thing to go with it. For one single bottle of sauce, to ship from Kansas to West Virginia, yeah, it's going to cost a couple bucks.

WV
12-06-2011, 12:08 PM
Shipping is not so bad if you buy a few other thing to go with it. For one single bottle of sauce, to ship from Kansas to West Virginia, yeah, it's going to cost a couple bucks.

Checked again and $10 to ship 3 bottles of sauce is crazy.

sedated
12-06-2011, 12:14 PM
that's one reason I can't ship anywhere, its nuts. I sent one bottle of my stuff to Iowa, and it cost around $17.

WV
12-06-2011, 12:22 PM
that's one reason I can't ship anywhere, its nuts. I sent one bottle of my stuff to Iowa, and it cost around $17.

Yeah I'm not knocking the guy or anything don't want anyone to think that, but when you'd like to try something to see if you like it then it's tough to shell out more in shipping than a bottle of the sauce costs. If it's something I knew I really liked it would be more palatable. I found the same thing when I looked into Firebug sauce...can't remember who was talking about it.

vailpass
12-06-2011, 12:30 PM

Tell him to get it on Amazon. If I can buy it with Prime I'll make it mine.

sedated
12-06-2011, 12:47 PM
Yeah I'm not knocking the guy or anything don't want anyone to think that, but when you'd like to try something to see if you like it then it's tough to shell out more in shipping than a bottle of the sauce costs. If it's something I knew I really liked it would be more palatable. I found the same thing when I looked into Firebug sauce...can't remember who was talking about it.

that's the tough thing about this business. People will only go so far to buy something they like, so you have to be EVERYWHERE in your advertising area. You can get out as many tweets and facebook responses as you want, but if people can't get your stuff at the store they generally shop at, you are out of luck.

That, and stores could care less about helping the little guy get a shot. Even when you manage to get into one, you get put at the bottom of the shelf where no one can see you. Not that I expect anything different, I'm just saying its a tough road.

mikeyis4dcats.
12-06-2011, 12:49 PM
I don't think he's going to be in Hy-Vee, but you can buy it from his site. I highly recommend the hot BBQ sauce, and the Bajan hot sauce kicks butt, it's like Tabasco but funkier:

linky no worky

WV
12-06-2011, 12:51 PM
Website is updated, and his radio show is on KCMO on Sunday mornings now. He's really eatin' biscuits now....

http://mrdoggity.com/

linky no worky

He updated with the new link.

gblowfish
12-06-2011, 01:05 PM
Checked again and $10 to ship 3 bottles of sauce is crazy.
If you have some pals in KC, they can buy the sauce from various stores in KC, then put it on USPS for you. That would save in shipping for sure.

gblowfish
01-22-2012, 10:31 AM
Mr. Doggity is beta testing a teriyaki -spiced BBQ Sauce. Do any of you do asian style BBQ?

Also, he should have some more KC locations where you can buy his sauce soon. Things are going great for him.

Simply Red
01-22-2012, 10:56 AM
MoHillbilly has his own sauce as well. Great stuff.

Link?

gblowfish
01-27-2012, 07:42 AM
Got this message from my pal Mr. Doggity this AM:

Hey, GB - can you let your CP buddies know that my radio show on Sunday is one they may want to catch? 710 KCMO, Sunday at 9:00 AM, or www.everyday-kc.com 
For our very special guest - we are honored to visit with former Notre Dame All-American and Kansas City Chief All-Pro linebacker, Jim Lynch.

Here's a an overview he put out on his Facebook site:

"Even if you don't like football, we have full show this Sunday. It's all about the Super Bowl - Parties, Snacks, Commercials - and maybe even some football. In studio, we'll talk with Michael Stouffer from Wheat State Pizza. Our resident "Sauce Boy" - Mr.Doggity caught up with fellow Sauce Boys, Shannon Kimball of "Firebug" and Todd Zimmer of "Zim's Hot Wing Sauce" - talking Super Bowl party food. And our very special guest - we are honored to visit with former Notre Dame All-American and Kansas City Chief All-Pro linebacker, Jim Lynch - from KC's Super Bowl team! Wow! What a show!"

So, Sunday Morning if you're up and about check out KCMO, or you can hear the podcast after the broadcast.

gblowfish
03-04-2012, 01:46 PM
Expanded inventory of ALL of Mr. Doggity's sauces -including the bajan hot sauce, which rocks. Get it in downtown Lee's Summit here:

http://athymeforeverything.com/

BTW: I got a bottle of Firebug sauce and tried it. It's also very good stuff. It tastes like it has raspberry puree in it.

gblowfish
03-30-2012, 02:28 PM
You can now get Mr. Doggity's BBQ sauces at Dodge City Beef in Shawnee, KS. Looks like you can get a hell of a good steak there too!

http://www.dodgecitybeef.com/

Extra Point
03-30-2012, 03:37 PM
You can now get Mr. Doggity's BBQ sauces at Dodge City Beef in Shawnee, KS. Looks like you can get a hell of a good steak there too!

http://www.dodgecitybeef.com/

Is it good with SPAM?

Mr_Tomahawk
03-30-2012, 03:41 PM
04-20-

This is where I quit reading...

Hippie.