PDA

View Full Version : Royals Strike Three for BMac

gblowfish
04-22-2011, 08:48 AM
Busted for this Third DUI.

Time to call a limo, dude.....

http://www.kctv5.com/sports/27628481/detail.html

http://www.kansascity.com/2011/04/21/2816842/former-royal-mcrae-arrested-on.html

Former Royal McRae arrested on DUI charge

Former Royals outfielder Brian McRae was arrested early this morning in Overland Park on a DUI charge.

His vehicle was westbound on Interstate 435 near U.S. 69 when police stopped him. They conducted a DUI investigation and arrested McRae just after 3 a.m. He was booked and released later this morning.

This is McRae’s third citation for driving under the influence.

He was cited in 1994 and later was convicted. He was cleared of the second charge by an Overland Park judge in 2000.

McRae played for the Royals from 1990 to 1994. He also played for the Chicago Cubs, New York Mets, Toronto Blue Jays and Colorado Rockies before retiring in 1999. He is the son of former Royals great Hal McRae.

Marcellus
04-22-2011, 09:01 AM
Well I guess it's kind of a foul tip dropped on strike 3. It says he was cleared of the second charge.

Still a moron.

gblowfish
04-22-2011, 09:03 AM
Well I guess it's kind of a foul tip dropped on strike 3. It says he was cleared of the second charge.

He probably just bought his way out of strike two.
A little deposit in an offshore account perhaps?

Valiant
04-22-2011, 09:04 AM

Still a moron.

Only if his third dui gets dropped. The second one still counts as a strike.

ChiTown
04-22-2011, 09:07 AM
All it took was one DUI for me to change how I do things. Once was enough.

RockChalk
04-22-2011, 09:36 AM
All it took was one DUI for me to change how I do things. Once was enough.

Most people do the same thing. Not B-Mac though.

This guy parties all the time. About 6 years ago, I partied with him at the Wheel before a KU football game. My buddy lived across the street at the time and he came over for a bit before we headed to the stadium. After the game, we were all partying again at my friends place. B-Mac comes over and asked us if we wanted to go with him to KC on his Limo-bus. He was smashed. Told us we were on our own as far as getting back to lawrence though, so we passed.

I see him at several KU games, always hammered. But he's a nice guy. Just makes stupid decisions apparently

ChiTown
04-22-2011, 09:46 AM
Most people do the same thing. Not B-Mac though.

This guy parties all the time. About 6 years ago, I partied with him at the Wheel before a KU football game. My buddy lived across the street at the time and he came over for a bit before we headed to the stadium. After the game, we were all partying again at my friends place. B-Mac comes over and asked us if we wanted to go with him to KC on his Limo-bus. He was smashed. Told us we were on our own as far as getting back to lawrence though, so we passed.

I see him at several KU games, always hammered. But he's a nice guy. Just makes stupid decisions apparently

Honestly, that sounds like a guy with a serious drinking problem. I'm no teetotaler, but I'm just smarter how I do things, especially when I have to drive.

gblowfish
04-22-2011, 09:48 AM
I don't care if the guy is a drunk. That's his business.
When he gets behind the wheel and he's drunk, then it's society's business.
I don't understand why guys like this who obviously have money don't have a driver or hire a limo. It's a helluva lot cheaper than paying lawyers to get you off a DUI or get a charge downgraded.

suzzer99
04-22-2011, 10:08 AM
Some of the greatest catches in Royals history. I went to HS with him, super nice guy. Hope he gets it turned around.

Rain Man
04-22-2011, 10:09 AM
It's depressing when I see the son of a baseball player I knew growing up, and the son looks old.

RockChalk
04-22-2011, 10:10 AM
Some of the greatest catches in Royals history. I went to HS with him, super nice guy. Hope he gets it turned around.

Definitely a nice guy. Dude just loves the sauce though

Phobia
04-22-2011, 10:13 AM
It's depressing when I see the son of a baseball player I knew growing up, and the son looks old.

Yeah, black people look a lot older than they really are... oh wait.

Deberg_1990
04-22-2011, 11:23 AM
Idiot. NO excuses for driving drunk. None.

Los Pollos Hermanos
04-22-2011, 11:24 AM
I always liked Brian McRae. He once gave me a $40 tip.

Demonpenz
04-22-2011, 12:18 PM
The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. If you watch that Hal Mcrae tirade where he throws the phone, a bottle of gin is in his hands at the end. Alcoholism....a family tradition

Valiant
04-22-2011, 02:37 PM
I always liked Brian McRae. He once gave me a $40 tip.

Unpossible.. I have read on here from a former prominent planeteer that black people do not tip well..