PDA

View Full Version : Life Special Forces Video

El Jefe
04-22-2011, 09:14 AM
I found this on another site, pretty crazy video:

Special Forces working with Afghan Army. The first guy through the door is AA. His weapon is hit and he turns and runs out the door (look for sparks when rounds hits his weapon). He run outside and is killed by insurgents in the house (this happens off camera). The Special Forces soldier neutralizes the threat. Training makes all the difference.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HUmpl4JnDdA?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HUmpl4JnDdA?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Always makes me thankful for those who serve. I have 4 friends serving and my cousin, thank you for what you do, and for the Vets; thanks for what you did.

The Franchise
04-22-2011, 09:19 AM
Sweet bike.

MOhillbilly
04-22-2011, 09:20 AM
sick and tired of killin these people and gettin ours killed.

Sofa King
04-22-2011, 09:21 AM

That wasn't our guy. It was theirs. They killed their (as in another Afghan) guy.

MOhillbilly
04-22-2011, 09:44 AM
That wasn't our guy. It was theirs. They killed their (as in another Afghan) guy.

I understood. My statement stands.

crazycoffey
04-22-2011, 09:45 AM

still a "our guy" we are spending money and time on training them, they fight along side of us. We get to know them as people and mourn them similar to any brother that fight along side of us.

Rain Man
04-22-2011, 09:49 AM
Nice landscaping. It looks like that farm where Luke Skywalker grew up.

allen_kcCard
04-22-2011, 09:49 AM
I found this on another site, pretty crazy video:

Special Forces working with Afghan Army. The first guy through the door is AA. His weapon is hit and he turns and runs out the door (look for sparks when rounds hits his weapon). He run outside and is killed by insurgents in the house (this happens off camera). The Special Forces soldier neutralizes the threat. Training makes all the difference.

How do you know that the guy is killed when he runs outside?

Sofa King
04-22-2011, 09:50 AM

actually, i can totally see that.

Sofa King
04-22-2011, 09:50 AM

Most likely the people that posted the original video knew the results of the skirmish when they posted it.

Donger
04-22-2011, 09:52 AM
Why didn't they use flash-bangs first?

crazycoffey
04-22-2011, 09:55 AM

good question, probably low resources, as many houses as they go through, that or they had prior knowledge of a child in the house. Don't normally though flash-bangs with kids present, unless you know exactly where they are and can throw the bang in a different area.

Rain Man
04-22-2011, 09:55 AM

I bet they'd already used them all in prior skirmishes with Jawas or Tusken Raiders.

El Jefe
04-22-2011, 10:06 AM

I just posted the description, I read somewhere the guy in the video did confirm the Afghan getting killed. I have absolutely no knowledge on any of that video.

TrebMaxx
04-22-2011, 11:10 AM
Pretty intense situation. Seeing shit like that freaks me out. My nephew received his tabs and Green Beret last November as a weapons Sgt. He is still at Ft. Bragg going through advance language training for Farsi. Then he will join up with the 5th SFG at Ft. Campbell. He is hoping that he will be able to get into the ranger course once he gets into group. Gotta say I am one proud uncle but it scares the crap out me knowing that he will be heading into shit like that. I have the same thoughts as Mo on this. Here is a pic of him and I after his SF graduation.

Slainte
04-22-2011, 11:13 AM

Agreed. Agreeden.

Demonpenz
04-22-2011, 12:22 PM
Congrats Farsi!

JD10367
04-22-2011, 02:14 PM

Well, that was filmed in Tunisia and, to us Americans, they all look alike.