PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink Dessert Warfare: Round 1, Match 6

Rain Man
04-26-2011, 12:57 PM
Next up, a sugary Antietam of epic dessert battles.

Hammock Parties
04-26-2011, 01:01 PM
How DARE you pit nutless fudge against banana splits this early.

HOW DARE YOU

mlyonsd
04-26-2011, 01:02 PM
Hard to get excited about any of those.

Rain Man
04-26-2011, 01:04 PM
Fudge, no nuts vs. Banana split sundae

Fudge with no nuts is a great, great thing. I never understood putting a banana in ice cream. I vote for fudge.

Andes mints vs. German Chocolate Cake

Few things in life are finer than opening one of those little green Andes mints. However, I really go for german chocolate cake, and it's a more classic dessert. In a tossup, I'm going Andes.

Layer Bars (Cashews, Chocolate Chips, Coconut over Cheesecake in Graham Cracker Crust) vs. Denny's Maple Bacon Sundae

Something delicious vs. something gross. I'll go with the Layer Bars by a mile.

Crepe Suzettes vs. Fudgesicles

This is a really hard one. If I'm in a restaurant, a crepe suzette seems like a more appropriate dessert. However, I do like fudgesicles. On the other hand, ice cream on a stick stresses me out, since I remember many tragedies as a child of the ice cream falling off the stick onto the ground, and that's just not right. My therapist advises me to go with the crepe suzette.

RockChalk
04-26-2011, 01:04 PM
Hard to get excited about any of those.

Don't care for german chocolate cake with the coconut icing? I could get down on some of that right now

Rain Man
04-26-2011, 01:05 PM
How DARE you pit nutless fudge against banana splits this early.

HOW DARE YOU

The odds are over 90 percent that the gods of probability are laughing right now.

patteeu
04-26-2011, 01:11 PM
Banana Split Sundae - I've always liked bananas as a part of my dessert. Fudge is great though too so it was a close call.

German Chocolate Cake - This is my wife's favorite cake and I like it quite a bit too. I like coconut and I like chocolate.

Layer Bar - This one's a mystery to me. As much as I like bacon, I won't be voting for any bacon-based desserts.

Crepe Suzettes - Fudgesicles were my favorite ice cream truck treat as a child. I like the complexity of the Crepe Suzzette though now.

mlyonsd
04-26-2011, 01:20 PM
Don't care for german chocolate cake with the coconut icing? I could get down on some of that right nowI don't like coconut anything.

Closest thing I like with coconut flavor is Malibu Rum. Usually in layered shots though.

Amnorix
04-26-2011, 02:11 PM
I kid you guys not when I say that not only have I never HAD bacon in any kind of dessert, I never even knew such a thing existed! And, p.s., let me mention -- GROSS!

And unlike music, where poll after poll I ignored options that I'd never heard of, I consider myself very well rounded (metaphorically) in the dessert realm.

Amnorix
04-26-2011, 02:11 PM
I don't like coconut anything.

Closest thing I like with coconut flavor is Malibu Rum. Usually in layered shots though.

:toast:

I can also do pina colada, which involves coconut. Beyond that though, fuhgetaboutit.

RockChalk
04-26-2011, 02:19 PM
:toast:

I can also do pina colada, which involves coconut. Beyond that though, fuhgetaboutit.

Have you ever had German chocolate cake with coconut frosting?

Renegade
04-26-2011, 04:44 PM
My all time favorite dessert, German Chocolate cake Save German Chocolate cake x 2

Rain Man
04-27-2011, 09:52 AM
What's the deal with fudge losing so badly? Fudge rules.

Hydrae
04-27-2011, 11:45 AM
Fudge, no nuts vs. Banana split sundae

Fudge with no nuts is a great, great thing. I never understood putting a banana in ice cream. I vote for fudge.

Andes mints vs. German Chocolate Cake

Few things in life are finer than opening one of those little green Andes mints. However, I really go for german chocolate cake, and it's a more classic dessert. In a tossup, I'm going Andes.

Layer Bars (Cashews, Chocolate Chips, Coconut over Cheesecake in Graham Cracker Crust) vs. Denny's Maple Bacon Sundae

Something delicious vs. something gross. I'll go with the Layer Bars by a mile.

Crepe Suzettes vs. Fudgesicles

This is a really hard one. If I'm in a restaurant, a crepe suzette seems like a more appropriate dessert. However, I do like fudgesicles. On the other hand, ice cream on a stick stresses me out, since I remember many tragedies as a child of the ice cream falling off the stick onto the ground, and that's just not right. My therapist advises me to go with the crepe suzette.

Bananas in ice cream can be great! Have you never had a Banana Royale? One of the best ice cream concoctions on earth, ice cream, hot fudge, and bananas. Mmmmm

Rain Man
04-27-2011, 01:27 PM
Bananas in ice cream can be great! Have you never had a Banana Royale? One of the best ice cream concoctions on earth, ice cream, hot fudge, and bananas. Mmmmm

I've got nothing against bananas. It's just not my favorite flavor. I haven't had a banana royale, but think that it sounds delicious, especially if served without the banana.

Rain Man
04-27-2011, 01:28 PM
Okay, done. Fudge, Andes mints, maple bacon sundae, and crepe suzettes take the loss.

Hydrae
04-27-2011, 01:28 PM
I've got nothing against bananas. It's just not my favorite flavor. I haven't had a banana royale, but think that it sounds delicious, especially if served without the banana.

I see, you are more of a Tin Roof kinda guy. Hot fudge, spanish peanuts and vanilla ice cream. Think Peant Buster Parfait (another favorite of mine!) frmo DQ.