PDA

View Full Version : Going by Bill Parcells, we should trade down

Mr. Laz
04-27-2011, 12:32 PM
Everyone loves talking about how Shay and Kiper suck but i think it's pretty safe to say that Bill Parcell knows what he's talking about.

If you look at what we need and where he has players rated ... trading down gives us the most bang for our buck.

If we can trade down and get more 2nd, 3rd rd picks it could be a good deal. Let's say we trade completely out of the 1st round so we have three 2nd round picks.

1st rd - None

2nd rd available group (pick 3)
WR's Smith,Cobb,Young
OT Sherrod
NT Paea
LB Ayers,Acho,Houston

3rd rd available group (pick 1)
NT Powe,Ellis
OT Carimi
WR Hankerson,Baldwin

Let's say we get:

WR Torrey Smith
LB Sam Acho
NT Stephen Paea

and

OT Gabe Carimi

never happen but :drool:

keg in kc
04-27-2011, 12:38 PM
There really isn't anybody I feel strongly about projected in the low 20s, unless we went against the grain and drafted a QB (don't care who...). I'd love to see a trade down. It isn't going to happen, but I'd love to see it.

ChiefsCountry
04-27-2011, 12:47 PM
Everyone loves talking about how Shay and Kiper suck but i think it's pretty safe to say that Bill Parcell knows what he's talking about.

Parcells has pretty much sucked ass this past decade drafting players.

Coogs
04-27-2011, 12:53 PM

If you look at what we need and where he has players rated ... trading down gives us the most bang for our buck.

If we can trade down and get more 2nd, 3rd rd picks it could be a good deal. Let's say we trade completely out of the 1st round so we have three 2nd round picks.

1st rd - None

2nd rd available group (pick 3)
WR's Smith,Cobb,Young
OT Sherrod
NT Paea
LB Ayers,Acho,Houston

3rd rd available group (pick 1)
NT Powe,Ellis
OT Carimi
WR Hankerson,Baldwin

Let's say we get:

WR Torrey Smith
LB Sam Acho
NT Stephen Paea

and

OT Gabe Carimi

never happen but :drool:

Laz,

I did the same thing. These actually are not 2nd and 3rd round players, but 2nd and 3rd tier players. It is close to rounds if he considers all the tier 1 players at their level, as he has roughly 25-28 players in each tier though. :shrug:

Mr. Laz
04-27-2011, 12:57 PM
Laz,

I did the same thing. These actually are not 2nd and 3rd round players, but 2nd and 3rd tier players.Thanks for killing my dream.

:huh:

Coogs
04-27-2011, 12:58 PM
Thanks for killing my dream.

:huh:

I edited my last post. There is close to enough for a round in each tier, so who really knows.

I like the trade down scenario that is "On the Table" for some teams though.

Sfeihc
04-27-2011, 01:07 PM
Laz, I'd love a trade down for more picks but the problem is getting someone to trade up to 21. With the group of players that will be available I think it might be very difficult to find a dance parter. Let's hope somebody slides that another team has a hard-on for and Pioli can make a trade.

Chiefnj2
04-27-2011, 01:10 PM
Laz, I'd love a trade down for more picks but the problem is getting someone to trade up to 21. With the group of players that will be available I think it might be very difficult to find a dance parter. Let's hope somebody slides that another team has a hard-on for and Pioli can make a trade.

If Buffalo, Carolina, Arizona or Tennessee pass on a QB they could all look to move up into the first to take a QB if a run begins. The problem is that a lot of later round teams probably wouldn't mind doing the same, so the value you get in return decreases.

Mr. Laz
04-27-2011, 01:10 PM
that's where all these Quarterbacks come into play

Some teams like 1 or 2 of them but think the rest suck ... it's completely a scrambled mess imo.

Who knows what will happen if Buffalo/carolina pass on a QB at the top of the 1st and then decide they want Mallet at #21. :clap:

Sfeihc
04-27-2011, 01:16 PM
I hope you're right. Hopefully someone gets trigger happy but if they do I'm afraid New England will be the beneficiary and not us.

Mr. Laz
04-27-2011, 01:16 PM
Laz,

I did the same thing. These actually are not 2nd and 3rd round players, but 2nd and 3rd tier players. It is close to rounds if he considers all the tier 1 players at their level, as he has roughly 25-28 players in each tier though. :shrug:
Ha!!

just played the DVR and Parcell's board actually has RD 1,RD 2 to the left side of the groupings, not tier.

:harumph:

wr's
1st round - Green,Jones
2nd round - smith,cobb,young

Coogs
04-27-2011, 01:17 PM
that's where all these Quarterbacks come into play

Some teams like 1 or 2 of them but think the rest suck ... it's completely a scrambled mess imo.

Who knows what will have if Buffalo/carolina pass on a QB at the top of the 1st and then decide they want Mallet at #21. :clap:

Probably mean Cincinnati instead of Carolina, but I totally agree that if they pass, we might come up roses at #21.

Coogs
04-27-2011, 01:18 PM
Ha!!

just played the DVR and Parcell's board actually has RD 1,RD 2 to the left side of the groupings, not tier.

:harumph:

wr's
1st round - Green,Jones
2nd round - smith,cobb,young

:thumb: I stand corrected!

Dante84
04-27-2011, 01:37 PM
Really? Damn that's crazy.

He's probably assessing their general grade overall, not in regards to where they will actually go in this draft. I mean, come on.... Carimi in the 3rd?

Saccopoo
04-27-2011, 01:42 PM
Really? Damn that's crazy.

He's probably assessing their general grade overall, not in regards to where they will actually go in this draft. I mean, come on.... Carimi in the 3rd?

Prior to the start of the 2010 season, Carimi wasn't that high on anyone's draft board. Thought he was too stiff, and didn't have the instincts to play the blind side and might have to even be shuffled into the guard slot.

He had a really good senior year which catapulted him into first round consideration.

I don't think he's as good a prospect as Castonzo or Sherrod (who I feel is the best OT in this draft).

JimBaker48.8
04-28-2011, 06:59 AM
Anybody else see Parcells special on ESPN ? The only player who ever got his highest numerical score/rating going into the Draft ( a perfect 9.0) was Sooners great & Heisman winner Billy Sims.