PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs We are slowly starting to see depth on this defense

RedThat
04-29-2011, 10:16 PM
I love this!

This is something we haven't had in years and for the first time in a while its such a good feeling to see something that was missing gradually becoming addressed.

Lets go position by position here:

*DE: T. Jackson, Gilberry, Bailey, Dorsey and Shaun Smith (pretty good. Will be better if Jackson can prove to be a good starter)

*DT: R. Edwards, A. Torbio (Eh no comment here really..except, R. Edwards would provide solid depth if we found a really good NT)

*OLB: Studebaker, Vrabel, Hali and Houston (If Houston can become a good passrusher, Vrabel and Studebaker would provide solid depth)

*ILB: Derrick Johnson, and Jovan Belcher (Mays and Williams are decent backups..But Belcher would provide excellent depth if the Chiefs found a solid starter at this ILB position)

*CB: Carr, Flowers, Daniels and Arenas (Excellent starters. Arenas is a solid nickle back and Daniels could be a decent dime back)

*S: Berry, K. Lewis, McGraw and Langford (Berry is a stud, and K. Lewis can become a solid player for us. McGraw is a good backup and special teams guy. I think Langford could be as well)

Just imagine if we had good starters at NT, DE and ILB. How awesome the depth would be on this team. And even the special teams as well.

Chiefs Pantalones
04-29-2011, 10:18 PM
We need a DT in the worst way, IMO.

The Franchise
04-29-2011, 10:18 PM
You forgot Dorsey.

RedThat
04-29-2011, 10:20 PM
You forgot Dorsey.

Oops..thanks. I just edited that now.

RedThat
04-29-2011, 10:22 PM
We need a DT in the worst way, IMO.

Absolutely. But how? I don't see any real good value out there.

Arrowhead Nation
04-29-2011, 10:36 PM
Sheffield? He still around?

kysirsoze
04-29-2011, 11:49 PM
Sheffield? He still around?

This. (assuming he's cleared on his neck injury.)

Ericgoodchief
04-30-2011, 02:06 AM
Jaycee Pearson said we need an ILB.

Espn guys said there aren't many good ones in this draft.

blazzin311
04-30-2011, 02:28 AM
Jaycee Pearson said we need an ILB.

Espn guys said there aren't many good ones in this draft.

Out of the ILBs remaining, my favorites are:

Quan Sturdivant - UNC
Casey Matthews - Ore. St.
Greg Jones - Mich. St.
Mike Mohamed - Cal.
and Alex Wujciak - Maryland

Then theres the next tier which might include:

Colin McCarthy - Miami
Orie Lemon - Ok. St.
Chris White - Mississippi St.
Greg Lloyd - UCONN
Nick Bellore - Cent. Mich.
Chris Galippo - USC

If I'm drafting for the Chiefs however, I obviously try to stick with that first group of players if I can help it.

The Bad Guy
04-30-2011, 02:29 AM
There's simply no room for Vrabel on this roster with Sheffield and the Houston pick.

blazzin311
04-30-2011, 02:38 AM
There's simply no room for Vrabel on this roster with Sheffield and the Houston pick.

Well, with Vrabel's drop off in play over recent years for one reason or another, and his recent off the field troubles, I'd imagine it's time for the Chiefs to cut their losses with him at this point (which certainly is no great loss to worry about). Then again that's just my take.

Brianfo
04-30-2011, 06:29 AM
This team is a serviceable DT from being a top 5 defense. Our offense is going to be no slouch either, which only helps the defense.

Dave Lane
04-30-2011, 09:34 AM
Well, with Vrabel's drop off in play over recent years for one reason or another, and his recent off the field troubles, I'd imagine it's time for the Chiefs to cut their losses with him at this point (which certainly is no great loss to worry about). Then again that's just my take.

To me you bring him in for training camp and cut him on last cutdown. That way he can coach up the youngsters. I'd also consider bringing him in as a LB consultant / asst coach for a year or two.

Reerun_KC
04-30-2011, 09:36 AM

pretty much...

Needs to move on to coaching...

RedThat
04-30-2011, 09:37 AM
To me you bring him in for training camp and cut him on last cutdown. That way he can coach up the youngsters. I'd also consider bringing him in as a LB consultant / asst coach for a year or two.

If we continuously emphasize over the fact that he serves the importance of being a good mentor/tutor for the younger kids, but can't perform on the field, then he should just become a linebackers coach.