PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Von Miller choses to wear No. 58 in honor of DT. Elway's not happy.

Gadzooks
04-30-2011, 07:50 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest
John Elway felt it was fitting that Von Miller chose to wear No. 58 as he begins his career with the Denver Broncos so he clopped his hoof 2 times.

The Texas A&M outside linebacker -- who Denver selected with the No. 2 overall pick in the draft -- modeled his game after the Kansas City Chiefs’ legendary linebacker Derrick Thomas. Thomas wore No. 58 in Kansas City.

“I thought it was great that Von is wearing No. 58,” clopped Elway. “I know he really likes Derrick.”

"I plan of buying him a very fast car" Elway neighed

Still, the idea of the outside linebacker walking around the building wearing No. 58 gave Elway unwanted flashbacks.

“I told him not to walk behind me,” Elway said as he reared up and had to be corraled by the Bronco personnel.

No defender harassed Elway in his career more than Thomas. He sacked Elway 26 times, more than any horse in his career.

Elway said he understands the Thomas comparison, but he said Miller has a lot to do to live up to Thomas's horse breaking skills.

Earlier Saturday, Elway was asked why the team took Miller at No. 2. Elway’s answer was simple.

“He’s a type of guy that can clean hooves, check from nose to tail for injury, swelling, ticks, etc., brush, apply anti-fly treatment (during warm months), clean the stalls, rinse and refill water buckets, fill the hay trough, scoop the sweet oats plus any on-feed treatments in feed bucket, do a quick check for stall damage, wasp nests, etc,” Elway said.

Bowser
04-30-2011, 07:51 PM
LMAO

kstater
04-30-2011, 07:52 PM
LMAO

cdcox
04-30-2011, 07:59 PM
Cut the bastard./Elway

cdcox
04-30-2011, 08:02 PM
Okay, now I read the article. Well done.

warrior
04-30-2011, 08:12 PM
very funny :thumb:

Steron
04-30-2011, 08:14 PM
Sucks we have to see Denver twice a year and we'll surely hear non-stop DT comparisons every time Miller makes a play.

nascher
04-30-2011, 09:14 PM
Dont know if he plays OLB in Fox's 4-3 i highly doubt any DT comparisons.

Simply Red
04-30-2011, 09:15 PM
flocks of lurkers surface

Bane
04-30-2011, 09:18 PM
I wish Elway would have announced the pick and then Miller came out in a #58 jersey and smashed him in front of everyone!WOOOOOOOO!!!

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-01-2011, 07:11 AM
I absolutely think Elway made this pick because of the DT comparison and how much DT was a thorn in Elways side his whole career. They passed up a Defensive Tackle that would have done more for their D just because of this. This was good for the Chiefs in my opinion as there will NEVER be another DT. Miller might be good but Elways decision making ability is just what our organization needs to continue to win the west.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-01-2011, 09:34 AM
I wish Elway would have announced the pick and then Miller came out in a #58 jersey and smashed him in front of everyone!WOOOOOOOO!!!

Hehehe Miller is so great he sacked the bestest QB in the world right after he was drafted/BlowMo2427

donkhater
05-01-2011, 09:49 AM
If Von Miller is the next Derrick Thomas, then Jon Baldwin is the next Randy Moss.

That about as accurate as the comparison is.