PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Post-Draft: Chiefs 2011-2012 W/L record

MoreLemonPledge
05-01-2011, 12:48 PM
Now that the draft is over, let's try this again.

Coltman
05-01-2011, 12:50 PM
W9--L7 Looks to be a real hard schedule

MoreLemonPledge
05-01-2011, 12:51 PM
I originally voted 8-8, but I think we can win one more game now.

Bills - W
at Lions - L
at Chargers - L
Vikings - W
at Colts - L
at Raiders - W
Chargers - W
Dolphins - W
Broncos - W
at Patriots - L
Steelers - L
at Bears - W
at Jets - L
Packers - L
Raiders - W
at Broncos - W

mcaj22
05-01-2011, 12:56 PM

Bills - W
at Lions - L
at Chargers - L
Vikings - W
at Colts - L
at Raiders - W
Chargers - W
Dolphins - W
Broncos - W
at Patriots - L
Steelers - L
at Bears - W
at Jets - L
Packers - L
Raiders - W
at Broncos - W

if we lose to the Lions it's going to be a looooooooooooooong season

RealSNR
05-01-2011, 01:00 PM
I was being a total homer with 9-7 before the draft. Now I'm a liiittle more confident. I definitely think it's possible.

And the way this entire division has tough games, I think 9-7 might be enough for the playoffs

notorious
05-01-2011, 01:02 PM
Same as before.

Reerun_KC
05-01-2011, 01:02 PM
10-6 I am a TRUE FAN...

MoreLemonPledge
05-01-2011, 01:05 PM
if we lose to the Lions it's going to be a looooooooooooooong season

They were an ascending team last year with no QB, and they killed the draft. Mark this post, they will make the playoffs.

Hammock Parties
05-01-2011, 01:06 PM
This will be a bittersweet 8-8 year in which both sides of the ball look amazing at times but blow a few games in crucial meltdowns due to facing superior competition.

But we will undoubtedly be a better team.

crossbow
05-01-2011, 01:13 PM
I voted 9-7 because I have no facts to prove it but that is my hope for the season. I think the Chiefs will upgrade their offensive line even more through free agency and somehow manage to sneak into the playoffs again.

notorious
05-01-2011, 01:13 PM
This will be a bittersweet 8-8 year in which both sides of the ball look amazing at times but blow a few games in crucial meltdowns due to facing superior competition.

But we will undoubtedly be a better team.

This.

What position do you think will meltdown under pressure? :fire:

Rams Fan
05-01-2011, 01:15 PM
They were an ascending team last year with no QB, and they killed the draft. Mark this post, they will make the playoffs.

That is if they address the OT position...

Pioli Zombie
05-01-2011, 01:51 PM
Happy Easter to everyone on Chiefs Planet!!

Reerun_KC
05-01-2011, 01:53 PM

I wouldnt be surprised if Cassel is top 10 all year long....

Mr. Arrowhead
05-01-2011, 01:57 PM
we will be a much better team but will have a worse record due to this brutal schedule

Reerun_KC
05-01-2011, 02:01 PM
we will be a much better team but will have a worse record due to this brutal schedule

Who knows until the season starts... Injuries play a big role in the schedule..

Teams might be good on paper, but some are a few injuries away from being a sub .500 team.

MoreLemonPledge
05-01-2011, 06:25 PM
Who knows until the season starts... Injuries play a big role in the schedule..

Teams might be good on paper, but some are a few injuries away from being a sub .500 team.

Exactly. Who would have realistically pegged us as a playoff team last year, regardless of our schedule?

Rams Fan
05-01-2011, 06:27 PM
Guess the name of the poster who picked the Chiefs to finish 5-11 or worse?

LMAO

Thig Lyfe
05-01-2011, 06:28 PM
19-0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(assuming Matt Cassel dies)

KurtCobain
05-01-2011, 06:30 PM
11-5

notorious
05-01-2011, 06:31 PM
Anyone that changed their W/L outlook base soley on the draft need to get a grip on reality.

baitism
05-01-2011, 07:31 PM
8-8. Cassel is still going to collapse under pressure against good teams.

Crush
05-01-2011, 07:36 PM
If we go 13-3, I will just accept the inevitable playoff loss. That damn record is cursed.

Tribal Warfare
05-01-2011, 07:38 PM
Cassel is still the starting QB thus I'm sticking with my original prediction of the schedule which is 6-10

Brock
05-01-2011, 07:44 PM
Anyone that changed their W/L outlook base soley on the draft need to get a grip on reality.

I don't think so. Baldwin could be a real difference maker. That said, I only bumped my outlook by one win.

MoreLemonPledge
05-01-2011, 07:52 PM

Then why do we have a draft? Don't you draft players to make your team better?

notorious
05-01-2011, 07:53 PM
Then why do we have a draft? Don't you draft players to make your team better?

Not overnight. Give them a few years.

Coogs
05-01-2011, 08:02 PM

I changed my total in the other thread. Don't really think I need to get a grip just because of that. Here was my take...

On paper, I like what we did in the draft. In particular, Hudson and Powe. If those two pan out like I believe they can, I can see an additional couple of wins. Hudson and Asamoah inserted into the O-line gives some sort of combination that looks like Albert, Lilja, Hudson, Asomoah, Richardson... with Harris as a possible dark horse to replace Lilja. If we can convert the 3rd and 1's on the ground, the passing attack becomes much more effective in play action as well. Adding Baldwin to the perimeter with Bowe, and Moeaki in the seams could really have potential with the threat of the ability to move the chains in short yardage on the ground.

On the defensive side, if Powe can anchor the middle like he did as a junior at Ole Miss... and he was impressive as a junior... our whole defense becomes much more effective. Blitzers may actually have lanes to the QB, and could come from anywhere at anytime. That's the part of the 3-4's ran by Baltimore and Pittsburgh that really intrigues me, and that I hope to see from our squad as soon as this season.

So for now, a couple of more wins. Maybe over the Lions or San Diego at home from the first group of 5 losses. And possibly either Pittsburgh at home or at Chicago from the last group of 5 losses.

7-9 for right now, pending what happens in the FA signing period. Add a Santanna Moss, and maybe a starting RT so Richardson can become the backup tackle to both positions, and I might even tack on a couple of more.

swayy07
05-01-2011, 08:04 PM
Bills - W
at Lions - w
at Chargers - L
Vikings - W
at Colts - w
at Raiders - L
Chargers - W
Dolphins - W
Broncos - W
at Patriots - L
Steelers - L
at Bears - W
at Jets - L
Packers - L
Raiders - W
at Broncos - W

10-6 sounds about right

notorious
05-01-2011, 08:06 PM
Rookies rarely add wins in their first season out. I am excited as everyone else, but I realize that years 2 and 3 is where they start to shine.

In other words, if this year's picks pan out, we will see wins added 2 years from now. If anything, our 2010 draft will contribute a lot more to our win totals then the rooks.

Direckshun
05-01-2011, 08:09 PM
I'd say we're still 8-8.

We're a ton better than we were before, but this lockout will have an adverse affect on young, building teams (us) and will greatly favor teams already built and ready to win now (most of our schedule).

In two years, we will be raining hell on people.

notorious
05-01-2011, 08:12 PM
In two years, we will be raining hell on people.

I agree.

If they pan out, we will finally be the team handing out the beatings, even on the big boys.

KCinNY
05-01-2011, 08:23 PM
F*** it. 11-5.

KurtCobain
05-01-2011, 08:24 PM
Pending lockout, free agency and trades and shit, I say we'll go 11-5. If this year had gone right, meaning no lockout, I'd start a bandwagon thread. I feel 100 % confident that if we make a run at a RT and atleast one good vet D player in FA we can destroy shit. I know, I know. Matt Cassel. I don't think he can fuck this up with a healthy team. This could seriously be his year. He won't have another one like it.

Baldwin could be a key in Bowe not getting a payday. He knows it. He knows that Pioli typically pays guys mid-season. He's gonna tear CBs lives apart. There's no way we lose that Detroit game. Bowe could have 200 + and ROR could easily start a new I heart cassel campaign. And I have no reason to believe this team has no chance in Indy. I think they pull that one off.

Shit guys, a good run gets going midseason and this team could rise to the top in what could easily be a hectic year in the NFL. No team will be ready. Nobody knows what's going on. But I think Pioli is a smart enough guy to be ready to do some damage. I'm talking serious run barring key injuries.

MoreLemonPledge
05-01-2011, 09:29 PM
Rookies rarely add wins in their first season out. I am excited as everyone else, but I realize that years 2 and 3 is where they start to shine.

In other words, if this year's picks pan out, we will see wins added 2 years from now. If anything, our 2010 draft will contribute a lot more to our win totals then the rooks.

I'd say that Berry, Lewis, Moeaki, and to a lesser extent Arenas and McCluster certainly went a long way in our 6 win improvement last year.

I know they weren't the only factors, but rookies can certainly come in and make a difference given the right opportunity.

Discuss Thrower
05-01-2011, 09:37 PM
Slow start, tough schedule, and while the draft has addressed holes it's going to take a while for them to contribute. My only hope is they finish the year winning or at least showing improvement.

And lo and behold, I have th same outlook KnowMo does. That doesnt make me look too good.

notorious
05-01-2011, 09:41 PM
I'd say that Berry, Lewis, Moeaki, and to a lesser extent Arenas and McCluster certainly went a long way in our 6 win improvement last year.

I know they weren't the only factors, but rookies can certainly come in and make a difference given the right opportunity.

I agree, but they also make those "rookie mistakes" that lead to losses.

Berry was a fucking animal, but he blew some major plays early in the year. It's all good, though.

LiL stumppy
05-01-2011, 10:02 PM
10-6 or 9-7. Steelers at home is the swing game.

Bills - W
at Lions - W
at Chargers - L
Vikings - W
at Colts - L
at Raiders - L
Chargers - W
Dolphins - W
Broncos - W
at Patriots - L
Steelers - W
at Bears - L
at Jets - W
Packers - L
Raiders - W
at Broncos - W

Coogs
05-02-2011, 08:28 AM

This. And, FWIW, Arenas and McCluster played a huge role in the Monday Nighter against the Chargers.

We have four picks that I believe could be major contributers this comming season. Hudson and Baldwin on the offense. Houston and Powe on the defense.

WhitiE
05-02-2011, 08:45 AM
9-7 got a rough schedule

keg in kc
05-02-2011, 09:02 AM
I jokingly made a 13-3 prediction a week or two ago, but my 'real' prediction now is the same as it would have been this time on Thursday: 10-6 again.

eazyb81
05-02-2011, 09:08 AM
I'm sticking with my 8-8 prediction.

2012 is our year to make a big Super Bowl push, IMO.

Steron
05-02-2011, 09:20 AM
Bills - W
at Lions - L
at Chargers - L
Vikings - W
at Colts - L
at Raiders - L
Chargers - W
Dolphins - W
Broncos - W
at Patriots - L
Steelers - L
at Bears - L
at Jets - L
Packers - L
Raiders - W
at Broncos - L

talastan
05-02-2011, 10:09 AM
My original vote was 7-9 before the draft, now I voted 10-6 though 9-7 is probably more realistic.

bsp4444
05-02-2011, 10:51 AM
I voted 8-8. I, too think it will take some time for the rookies to assimilate to the NFL, and the schedule is brutal. We should knock it out of the park in 2012, though. Enjoy 2011 as a learning experience.

buddha
05-02-2011, 12:27 PM
10-6 against our schedule is the BEST we could realistically hope for. This is a very tough schedule for the Chiefs, but I think the team is going to be stronger overall and I see 3-4 rookies helping from day one.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-02-2011, 03:48 PM
Slow start, tough schedule, and while the draft has addressed holes it's going to take a while for them to contribute. My only hope is they finish the year winning or at least showing improvement.

And lo and behold, I have th same outlook KnowMo does. That doesnt make me look too good.

Oh, bull. Screw the tough schedule crap. If Haley and the coaching staff do thier jobs the "tough schedule" is offset by continued player development (this is still a young ascending team even without the rooks). There is no excuse, this team should be no worse record wise than last year. Sorry, but I have higher expectations than finish the year winning a couple games. Besides, the "tough schedules" don't always hold to form.

Say it with me...playoff victory.

MoreLemonPledge
05-03-2011, 12:11 PM
Oh, bull. Screw the tough schedule crap. If Haley and the coaching staff do thier jobs the "tough schedule" is offset by continued player development (this is still a young ascending team even without the rooks). There is no excuse, this team should be no worse record wise than last year. Sorry, but I have higher expectations than finish the year winning a couple games. Besides, the "tough schedules" don't always hold to form.

Say it with me...playoff victory.

Good teams don't complain about their strength of schedule. We should be happy to see the Chiefs competing against the best in the NFL.

cmh6476
05-03-2011, 03:52 PM
0-0

chiefqueen
05-03-2011, 04:24 PM
0-0

Lockout cancels season.

CoMoChief
05-03-2011, 04:27 PM
Good teams don't complain about their strength of schedule. We should be happy to see the Chiefs competing against the best in the NFL.

The chiefs aren't a good team.......yet

meanwhile we still have Cassel, and depending on whether he shits the bed or not is how far the chiefs are going to go.

ModSocks
05-03-2011, 04:36 PM
Penis

Ugly Duck
05-05-2011, 12:46 AM

Bills - W
at Lions - L
at Chargers - L
Vikings - W
at Colts - L
at Raiders - W
Chargers - W
Dolphins - W
Broncos - W
at Patriots - L
Steelers - L
at Bears - W
at Jets - L
Packers - L
Raiders - W
at Broncos - W

I also picked 8-8. Mighty bold of you to pick a sweep of Oakland after we just went 6-0 in the division with an average margin of victory of 18 points. Total yardage differential was 550 yards.

Chiefs=Champions
05-05-2011, 12:52 AM
I also picked 8-8. Mighty bold of you to pick a sweep of Oakland after we just went 6-0 in the division with an average margin of victory of 18 points. Total yardage differential was 550 yards.

OH YER!? Well we just drafted Shane "THE BRO" Bannon.

Ugly Duck
05-05-2011, 12:54 AM
OH YER!? Well we just drafted Shane "THE BRO" Bannon.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xOCWi2cjgTA?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xOCWi2cjgTA?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Chiefs=Champions
05-05-2011, 01:00 AM
:D

RealSNR
05-05-2011, 01:19 AM
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xOCWi2cjgTA?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xOCWi2cjgTA?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>That's gotta be fake LMAO

Pasta Little Brioni
05-05-2011, 07:18 AM
That's gotta be fake LMAO

It definately is.