PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Now with results of our 2011 draft what free agents should Pioli pursue....

Chiefshrink
05-01-2011, 01:59 PM
once we get this CBA resolved? What FAs are realistic?

Your thoughts:thumb:

Gonzo
05-01-2011, 02:00 PM
All of them.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Arrowhead
05-01-2011, 02:00 PM
I want some Breaston please

MoreLemonPledge
05-01-2011, 02:01 PM
I second Breaston.

Titty Meat
05-01-2011, 02:02 PM
Steve Smith.

siberian khatru
05-01-2011, 02:02 PM
All of them.
Posted via Mobile Device

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JB_deAcoC2I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Chiefshrink
05-01-2011, 02:04 PM
We have plenty of $$ cap space I presume?

Titty Meat
05-01-2011, 02:05 PM
There likely won't be a cap next season if the stay isn't granted the season would start soon. They would likely go by 2010 rules.

BossChief
05-01-2011, 02:07 PM
There likely won't be a cap next season if the stay isn't granted the season would start soon. They would likely go by 2010 rules.

as far as I know, the stay was already granted.

The lockout is back on...

Titty Meat
05-01-2011, 02:11 PM
as far as I know, the stay was already granted.

The lockout is back on...

Thats a temp. stay. We'll know more this week.

Chiefshrink
05-01-2011, 02:19 PM
Any others?

Priest31kc
05-01-2011, 02:29 PM
I third Breaston.

He would take our O to another level IMO. A legit WR, who can play both the slot & outside. Bowe, Baldwin, Breaston, McCluster....Would be our best WR core ever. If Bowe or Baldwin were to get hurt, Breaston could move outside.

Wouldn't surprise me if it happened either with Haley obviously. I bet he's beggin Pioli to get him.

The Bad Guy
05-01-2011, 03:03 PM
There is no cap.

RealSNR
05-01-2011, 03:05 PM
<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JB_deAcoC2I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>LMAO

EricBerryCrunch
05-01-2011, 03:27 PM
I'd like to see the OL get beefed up, maybe Tyson Clabo from the Falcons.

Wilson8
05-01-2011, 05:06 PM
I’ll make it easy on Clark Hunt’s wallet and sign some UFAs as-well-as some CFAs. I assume the ability to sign free agents and sign college free agents will happen at the same time, so teams are going to have to scramble to get it all done.

Sign CFA QB Patrick Devlin, Delaware 6’3”, 225 lbs
and
sign UFA QB Drew Stanton, Detroit Lions, 6’3”, 230 lbs, 26 years old.

Devlin can battle for a spot but probably ends up on practice squad. Jim Zorn can work his magic on the QB position. These signings along with Rick Stanzi would make the backup QB position much stronger.

Center - Determine who is best between Tim Barnes Missouri, Jake Kirkpatrick TCU, and Zane Taylor Utah and go after them hard with the promise that they can compete for the starting position at center. May not even make the team but they are given a fair opportunity and at least a practice squad spot.

Since Rodney Hudson has not really played center, we are kind of weak there until we know for certain that he can transition to the Center position. Having Barnes, Kirkpatrick, or Taylor helps, but we could still be weak.

Re-sign UFA Casey Wiegmann with signing bonus money. If the new Centers work out, Casey can retire a Chief with some extra money in the bank. If the new guys aren’t working out, we have Wiegmann that can play one more year.

Sign CFA FS Will Hill, Florida, 6’1”, 201 lbs. We also have Washington and Price. Let the three of them compete for Jon McGraw’s old spot. I considered Michael Huff here but decided Eric Berry’s 60 million contract combined with a big contract for FS Michael Huff would be a lot to invest at safety. Berry and Huff would be fun to watch though.

Sign CFA OT Lee Ziemba, Auburn, 6’8”, 318 lbs
and
UFA OT Ryan Harris, Denver Broncos, 6’5”, 300 lbs, 26 years old. Ziemba might end up on the practice squad but we at least have some OT help.

Sign CFA Nose Tackle Ian Williams, Notre Dame, 6’1”, 319 lbs. It seems that Ian could see he would have an excellent opportunity to play in KC. I hope that Jerrell Powe works out and he becomes a dominant NT, but KC should also prepare for the fact he might not be an NFL NT and bring in more help.

I also like Pestilence’s suggestion in another thread that we should trade the Detroit Lions for NT Sammie Lee Hill, 6’4”, 329 lbs. Hill was a backup last year but he had 30 tackles and 2.5 sacks. Detroit just drafted DT Nick Fairley to team with Suh. It seems that Hill might be available for trade. A trade would probably take at least a 5th round pick that could change to a 4th if conditions are met. Having Powe, Hill, and Williams battling for the NT position would make us a lot better.

Sign CFA WR Ricardo Lockette, Ft Valley State, 6’2”, 211 lbs, 4.37 40 as a probable practice squad player
and
UFA WR Steve Breaston, Arizona Cardinals, 6’0, 189 lbs 27 years old. Bowe, Baldwin, Breaston, Tucker, McCluster is certainly and improvement over last year.

Sign CFA FB Henry Hynoski, Pittsburgh, 6/0”, 257 lbs.

Sign CFA RB Chad Spann Northern Illinois, 5”8”, 201 lbs, 4.52 40 time
and
UFA RB Jackie Battle, Kansas City Chiefs, 6’2”, 238 lbs, 27 years old.

Sign UFA Tight End Bo Scaife Tennessee Titans. He’d be used in two TE sets and could start if Tony Moeaki is injured.

I’d also like to bring back DE/DT Shaun Smith.

From this list, 4 UFA signingss from other teams (Stanton, Breaston, Scaife, and Harris), 3 players re-signed from the Chiefs (Wiegmann, Battle, and Smith), 1 trade (Hill), and 8 CFAs (Devlin, Barnes, Hill, Ziemba, Williams, Lockette, Hynoski, and Spann).

I’m beginning to think we can compete this year even with the tough, tough NFL schedule.

Tribal Warfare
05-01-2011, 05:09 PM
Jeff Maehl as an UDFA

Wilson8
05-01-2011, 05:47 PM
Maybe FS Will Hill is not such a good idea -

...asking him about fathering three kids by age 20, probing into his suspension at the University of Florida, demanding to know why he left school a year early. And then, of course, there's the big one: Telling him how it looks to have a Twitter page plastered with not-so-subtle references to marijuana use and sex with prostitutes.

Interesting story on Hill - http://www.nj.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/02/former_st_peters_star_will_hil.html