PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft SI: Browns Called the Wrong Prospect

eazyb81
05-02-2011, 02:35 PM
Jesus, what a stupid f#cking franchise.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/05/01/mmqb/index.html#ixzz1LCLM7x72

"When Cal defensive end Cameron Jordan was taking a tour through his new business home -- the New Orleans Saints practice facility in Metairie, La. -- on Saturday, his cell phone rang.

"Hi,'' said the voice on the other end. "Jordan? This is the Cleveland Browns.

We're getting ready to pick you ... ''

"Uh, yeah, this is Cameron Jordan,'' he said. "The Saints already picked me.''

There was an awkward pause, and Cameron Jordan said: "I think you mean Jordan Cameron, you're looking for Jordan Cameron. That's not me.''

Cameron Jordan, the 24th pick in the draft, then hung up the phone. And the Cleveland Browns, presumably, found the number for USC tight end Jordan Cameron, phoned him, and made him the 102nd pick in the draft.

tyton75
05-02-2011, 02:38 PM
how freaking embarrassing it must be to be a fan of that team!

ClevelandBronco
05-02-2011, 02:39 PM
"Ah. Yeah. We were wondering why you were still on the board. That explains it."

Los Pollos Hermanos
05-02-2011, 02:39 PM
To be fair to the Browns, all white names look alike.

ClevelandBronco
05-02-2011, 02:40 PM
how freaking embarrassing it must be to be a fan of that team!

Oh, yeah? And you're just assuming that the Saints got the right guy. :harumph:

eazyb81
05-02-2011, 02:40 PM
By the way, the rest of the article is really great.

ReynardMuldrake
05-02-2011, 02:41 PM
Also, I read that the Cardinals tried to call Stanzi as we were in the process of picking him. He was about to be the very next pick.

Skyy God
05-02-2011, 02:43 PM
Pfffft, they still assraped the Falcons.

Skyy God
05-02-2011, 02:44 PM
Also, I read that the Cardinals tried to call Stanzi as we were in the process of picking him. He was about to be the very next pick.

Makes sense. I'm shocked they didn't pick up Mallett, Stanzi, or another developmental guy.

Extra Point
05-02-2011, 03:53 PM

Ain't that a bitch!

Ricky ****ing Stanzi!!!!!1111

BigChiefFan
05-02-2011, 03:56 PM
Makes sense. I'm shocked they didn't pick up Mallett, Stanzi, or another developmental guy.I could see them trading for Carson Palmer.

The Franchise
05-02-2011, 03:59 PM
This.

I'm getting a little tired of New England saving for a rainy day. A couple of disclaimers: No one works the draft and manages the draft like Bill Belichick. And a year ago, I was screaming for the Patriots to make a big deal and trade for Anquan Boldin. They scored 32 points a game without Boldin; so much for my sense of urgency at receiver.

But with their treasure trove of draft choices -- three in the top 33 when no other team had more than one, and five in the top 75 -- they had to upgrade a deficient pass-rush, and didn't do it. (Great stat from John Clayton of ESPN: When New England sent five rushers or more last season, opposing quarterbacks had a rating of 103.2. That was third-worst in the league. I'm amazed any team was worse than that, really. That's just awful. And New England allowed a 47-percent third-down conversion rate, which is not a winning defensive number. Not close.) The Patriots got cute. They set themselves up for the future, when they'll control the 2012 draft again with two first-round picks and two second-rounders. This is a draft New England needed to add pass-rush pieces, not just one. And they got none.

They passed on two good rush prospects -- Pitt's Jabaal Sheard and Arizona's Brooks Reed, who went 37 and 42 to Cleveland and Houston, respectively. New England got a good tackle at 17, Nate Solder, and you can't knock them for dealing the 28th pick to New Orleans for the Saints' first-rounder next year plus the 56th pick in this draft, which they used on Cal running back Shane Vereen. But at 33, with Sheard and Reed in play, Belichick took cornerback Ras-I Dowling of Virginia, continuing a borderline myopic trend with corners.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/05/01/mmqb/index.html#ixzz1LEcuONVI

CoMoChief
05-02-2011, 04:04 PM
I could see them trading for Carson Palmer.

:LOL:

nascher
05-02-2011, 06:06 PM
Pfffft, they still assraped the Falcons.

after that we raped them. Got the 70th Pick Houston for nothing and they got another lazy DL.
Lets face it the Browns aren't going to win anything like Detroit or Buffalo the last 10 years they are beyond bad every year.

KcMizzou
05-02-2011, 06:09 PM
At least it was a guy who'd already been picked. Can you imagine?

"This is the best day of my life. I'm so excited... can't wait to get to work!"

"Errr... ummm... sorry, wrong number."

Okie_Apparition
05-03-2011, 12:11 AM
If it was the other way around & the Saints called after he had been taken by the Browns. He may have shot himself in the head & no one would have blamed him.

BigMeatballDave
05-03-2011, 05:48 AM
:LOL:Why is that funny?

Phobia
05-03-2011, 05:53 AM
Seems like a pretty easy mistake to make. Doesn't mean the organization is complete crap. Losing games far more often than they win makes the organization crap.

KCUnited
05-03-2011, 05:59 AM
Apparently Baltimore called Jimmy Smits.

ReynardMuldrake
05-03-2011, 06:14 AM
Apparently Baltimore called Jimmy Smits.

I was hoping Baltimore would draft Barksdale. Wasn't meant to be.