PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Beefing up?

FRCDFED
05-03-2011, 09:11 AM
Between work and some family issues I've been dealing with I haven't had a chance to comment in a while.

Based on my initial review of this years draft picks it seems we are no longer drafting tweeners.

We really drafted some horses this year. Most are extremely large and still have good speed. I've always admired how the Giants and Ravens were able to fill their rosters with such talented big men. Hopefully we are done experimenting with tweeners and lightweights. Both LB's are 250 plus, a 335 pd NT, and a 285 pd DE will definately help the defense! Crennel is just the man to coach them up too. I have a lot of faith in the defense this season but I'm still concerned about Cassels ability to get the ball into our receivers hands. Either way this appears to be a solid draft.

Great job Pioli!!

DBOSHO
05-03-2011, 09:13 AM
Im pretty interested in seeing what theyre gonna do with bailey.

FRCDFED
05-03-2011, 09:22 AM
We established a pretty solid foundation over the last couple of drafts, last year in particular. Also some of our veterans are really turning into leaders. Honestly, I didn't follow the pre-draft coverage as much this year as I have in the past so I'm not too up on many of the players.

This year was extremely important to build the core strength of the team. All of our guys are playing hard to the final whistle regardless of talent level. Haley has done a great job of making sure that draft position don't mean shit when trying to make the team. I really like that we are going bigger without sacrificing speed. Now if they can just blend these new pieces in without disrupting the performance of the others then this draft could be huge. I think Houston and Baldwin are going to be immediate starters.

The center we drafted didn't seem to come with much fanfare so I'll withhold judgement at this point. However, the DE and the other LB could also be huge contributers. Our LB corps needed addressed something terrible, nice to see some horses!

notorious
05-03-2011, 09:22 AM
Im pretty interested in seeing what theyre gonna do with bailey.

He is going to make people go to sleep on the field. Forcefully.

HotRoute
05-03-2011, 09:23 AM
Baldwin brown and bannon are all pretty big guys as well

FRCDFED
05-03-2011, 09:24 AM
Isn't it obvious?

He is going to make people go to sleep on the field. Forcefully.From what I've read he seems like a man-child. Our defense could punish people if these picks pan out!

Nice to see balance. Such a shame we wasted the defensive years of Marty and the offensive years of Vermeil.

FRCDFED
05-03-2011, 09:27 AM
Baldwin brown and bannon are all pretty big guys as well
For several seasons we have been getting pushed around. Then Haley and Crennel somewhat stopped the bleeding through changing schemes and coaching up the players.

Now its time to push back!

Demonpenz
05-03-2011, 09:47 AM
I always love how one year it's we have to get faster, the next year it is we have to get bigger and stronger, what they should say is we want players who can balance stopping the ball with forcing turnovers, whatever it takes to accomplish that.