PDA

View Full Version : Poop Jared Allen rips rookies who waste money on jewelry

Kerberos
05-06-2011, 01:49 PM
I pretty much agree with Allen on this. Of course none of them are debt free so there is no room for them to brag on CP.

Jared Allen rips rookies who waste money on jewelry

Posted by Michael David Smith on May 6, 2011, 1:39 PM EDT

Vikings defensive end Jared Allen has made tens of millions of dollars in his NFL career, but he doesn’t look like it: He’s known for wearing jeans, tattered shirts and a haircut that looks like he did it himself. So when Allen sees NFL players who look like a million bucks but haven’t earned a million bucks, he does a double take.

In an interview on KTAR in Phoenix, Allen said he shook his head while watching the NFL draft and saw players who haven’t earned a dime playing football yet but have clearly spent thousands of dollars on watches and earrings.

“I think the bigger disappointment was to see the jewelry on these kids’ arms and ears,” Allen said, via SportsRadioInterviews.com. “Are you kidding me? You haven’t played a down in the league yet and thousands and thousands of dollars on these kids’ arms and I’m like, ‘You guys understand you’re getting drafted into a lockout where you don’t know what rules you’re playing under or how much money you possibly might get?’”

Allen is right: Last month Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant, who was drafted last year, was sued over hundreds of thousands of dollars in unpaid debts to jewelry stores, and he’s far from the only player who has had trouble paying debts related to gold and diamonds. Spending that kind of money on jewelry is, frankly, stupid.

Allen also acknowledged, however, that he’s a little biased against the players he saw on TV during the draft because he still has something of a chip on his shoulder over being passed over until the fourth round of the 2004 draft. And he said he was also bothered by the mere fact that players were embracing NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell on stage at Radio City Music Hall, noting that those players were hugging the man who is leading the lockout that’s preventing them from signing the lucrative rookie contracts they want.

“I don’t like anybody who was drafted ahead of me,” Allen said. “Kind of pisses me off. You know it did. I honestly think it would’ve been cool to see all of the players elect to not show up. I think that would’ve given a really big sign to the NFL. You want us to appease you guys by coming to this show — because that’s what the NFL Draft is on TV, it’s a show for their fans and a show for the league — you want us to do that? Then let’s get this deal done, let’s quit locking us out, and let’s get back to work.”

And until players do get back to work, Allen advises them to save their money.

vailpass
05-06-2011, 01:51 PM
Dufus.

thawk
05-06-2011, 01:53 PM
I TOTALLY AGREE !!!! They should spend all of thier money being a drunken moron instead!

CaliforniaChief
05-06-2011, 01:54 PM
Best trade ever.

chasedude
05-06-2011, 01:54 PM
It's all about the bling!

DMAC
05-06-2011, 01:55 PM
Jimmy Smith's watch stood out more than the others.

CaliforniaChief
05-06-2011, 01:56 PM
Jimmy Smith's watch stood out more than the others.

He should have given it to the Bears.

Valiant
05-06-2011, 01:57 PM
Biased much is correct. One, a lot of those rookies should not make a 4th of what they do.
Two, allen would probably be fine with them wasting their money on guns, booze and lawyers though.

Deberg_1990
05-06-2011, 02:02 PM
At least they have actual assets Jared instead of drinking it all away......

Bump
05-06-2011, 02:05 PM

ya and buying sports bars that never open

vailpass
05-06-2011, 02:07 PM

You got something against liquid assets?

Kyle DeLexus
05-06-2011, 02:10 PM
ya and buying sports bars that never open

Oh it opened, then he demanded a trade.

Ebolapox
05-06-2011, 02:11 PM
the thing is, he ain't wrong.

SAUTO
05-06-2011, 02:12 PM
im pretty sure they dont all own that jewelry. maybe some but not all.

they get that loaned to them to wear by jewelry companies. same with movie stars.

Bob Dole
05-06-2011, 02:16 PM
Biased much is correct. One, a lot of those rookies should not make a 4th of what they do.
Two, allen would probably be fine with them wasting their money on guns, booze and lawyers though.

Unless you're a total moron about it, you can't "waste" money on guns.

Mr. Laz
05-06-2011, 02:24 PM
the thing is, he ain't wrong.

have anyone ever seen a white player bling-ed out?

http://th9.photobucket.com/albums/a56/NietzscheSprGirl/th_thats_racist.gif

Mr. Laz
05-06-2011, 02:26 PM
Unless you're a total moron about it, you can't "waste" money on guns.
depends on what you consider "waste"

1 for hunting, 1 for protection ... anything more is a waste??? :shrug:

Fish
05-06-2011, 02:33 PM
Allen also acknowledged, however, that he’s a little biased against the players he saw on TV during the draft because he still has something of a chip on his shoulder over being passed over until the fourth round of the 2004 draft.

“I don’t like anybody who was drafted ahead of me,” Allen said. “Kind of pisses me off. You know it did. I honestly think it would’ve been cool to see all of the players elect to not show up."

What a whiny bitch. Glad we're rid of his selfish ass.

OnTheWarpath15
05-06-2011, 02:34 PM
According to the article, spending money on jewelry is stupid.

If so, what is spending money on booze, tuxedo t-shirts, a Cadillac with steer horns for a hood ornament, etc?

I guess those were smart purchases?

Ebolapox
05-06-2011, 02:35 PM
have anyone ever scene a white player bling-ed out?

http://th9.photobucket.com/albums/a56/NietzscheSprGirl/th_thats_racist.gif

pretty sure I saw jason sehorn blinged out a long while back, and possibly brian bosworth. aside from that, though, not really.

Ebolapox
05-06-2011, 02:35 PM
that said, I'm all for making fun of jared allen. fuck that asshole.

KCrockaholic
05-06-2011, 02:42 PM
He's a hypocrite, but he's right in what he's saying.

PunkinDrublic
05-06-2011, 02:45 PM
You're right Jared they should spend that money trying to look like Toby Keiths gay brother.

Kyle DeLexus
05-06-2011, 02:52 PM
depends on what you consider "waste"

1 for hunting, 1 for protection ... anything more is a waste??? :shrug:

You can break even or make a profit on gun sales if you know what you are doing.

kstater
05-06-2011, 02:54 PM
You can break even or make a profit on gun sales if you know what you are doing.

And that's different from jewelry how?

sedated
05-06-2011, 03:03 PM
lol, so much achy vagina in this thread.

frankly the dude is right, and if he was still on the Chiefs you all would love the sh!t out of him.

sedated
05-06-2011, 03:04 PM

people don't buy custom guns in the shape of their initials.

Kyle DeLexus
05-06-2011, 03:06 PM

Never said jewelry doesn't keep it's value. I would say that there is probably less of a market for a $10,000 watch than there is for a glock though so I would argue it has less liquidity.

I also wouldn't buy tens of thousands of dollars worth of guns on credit(probably a loan from an agent) when I have no idea whats going to happen with the lockout.

Brock
05-06-2011, 03:07 PM

Jamarcus Russell endorses this post.

PunkinDrublic
05-06-2011, 03:11 PM
Last time I checked jewlery never caused someone to swerve into another lane and kill innocent people at 2AM.

PunkinDrublic
05-06-2011, 03:16 PM
Jareds probation officer forgot to tell him that running his mouth on sports talk radio doesn't count toward community service.

BWillie
05-06-2011, 03:30 PM
Jared Allen mocks those who buy rookies who buy jewelry...remember this is the same guy who had a pink cadillac w/ horns

NewChief
05-06-2011, 03:59 PM
lol, so much achy vagina in this thread.

frankly the dude is right, and if he was still on the Chiefs you all would love the sh!t out of him.

This. The hilarious thing about chief fan butthurt is that the amount of butthurt is in direct correlation to how badly the fans still wish he was wearing red and gold.

RealSNR
05-06-2011, 05:02 PM
This. The hilarious thing about chief fan butthurt is that the amount of butthurt is in direct correlation to how badly the fans still wish he was wearing red and gold.You're just butthurt about chiefs fans who are butthurt that the amount of butthurt is in direct correlation to how butthurt the fans really are and wish he was wearing red and gold

track
05-06-2011, 05:17 PM
I wonder if he favors them not drinking and driving..... and spending their money on lawyers and court cost to get out of paying for such transgressions.Allen is a doofus

Rain Man
05-06-2011, 05:20 PM
Tactically, Jared Allen's right. While it's a person's right to spend their income however they want, it's everyone else's right to point and laugh at men wearing big diamond earrings and cartoonishly lavish watches and call them idiots. As mentioned earlier, I wonder if some of them are loaned at the draft, which makes them less stupid, but all that girlie jewelry still looks ridiculous even if they didn't pay for it.

On the bigger picture of Allen hate, I remain a big fan of the guy. I hated that he didn't want to be a Chief, but I understood it. Carl Peterson was a villain and pretty much everyone despised him, and he wasn't treating Jared Allen right. Allen was one of the few people who had the leverage to do something about it and he did. I think that may have been one of the factors in finally getting Peterson out and Pioli in, which is the greatest favor for the Chiefs that Allen could have given us. And while it was sheer dumb luck, it even got us Jamaal Charles.

Saul Good
05-06-2011, 05:28 PM
im pretty sure they dont all own that jewelry. maybe some but not all.

they get that loaned to them to wear by jewelry companies. same with movie stars.

That's just not the case. There may be a couple of athletes who get loaned jewelry like that, but those are the mega-stars who have already signed 9 figures worth of contracts. Some third rounder with a $50,000 set of diamond earrings owes somebody $60,000 for them.

PunkinDrublic
05-06-2011, 05:29 PM
This. The hilarious thing about chief fan butthurt is that the amount of butthurt is in direct correlation to how badly the fans still wish he was wearing red and gold.

I'd say the same thing if he were still with a Chief. The guy is in no moral position to speak out on how rookies act. Jared got busted for drinking and driving twice. Twice he put other peoples lives in dangers by getting behind the wheel drunk that we know of. If young athletes want to piss away their money on jewlery they hurt nothing but their bank account.

Deberg_1990
05-06-2011, 05:32 PM
Tactically, Jared Allen's right. While it's a person's right to spend their income however they want, it's everyone else's right to point and laugh at men wearing big diamond earrings and cartoonishly lavish watches and call them idiots. As mentioned earlier, I wonder if some of them are loaned at the draft, which makes them less stupid, but all that girlie jewelry still looks ridiculous even if they didn't pay for it.

You might be right about loaners. I remember Lebron James drove a "loaned" Hummer in High School. Sellers probably loan the stuff up front knowing that in a few months, they will get their money back.

Is it silly? Perhaps, but all young kids blow money on stupid stuff. Thats part of being young.

Yes, id root for him if he wore the red and gold again, but Jared Allen is an idiot and is the last person who should be scolding other players about responsibilty.

mikey23545
05-06-2011, 05:34 PM
You're right Jared they should spend that money trying to look like Toby Keiths gay brother.

LMAO

Rain Man
05-06-2011, 05:39 PM
Aside from the judgment issue about spending, why does anybody think that enormous diamond earrings look good on a man. They're mediocre looking on women, and women have breasts and stuff. Large earrings on a man are laughable 100 percent of the time. Not 98. Not 99. 100.

PunkinDrublic
05-06-2011, 05:42 PM
Aside from the judgment issue about spending, why does anybody think that enormous diamond earrings look good on a man. They're mediocre looking on women, and women have breasts and stuff. Large earrings on a man are laughable 100 percent of the time. Not 98. Not 99. 100.

Then how are the bitches gonna know you are cakin?

Rain Man
05-06-2011, 05:45 PM
Then how are the bitches gonna know you are cakin?

In my case, it would be by the sound of my Lamborghini with the MAKINITRAINMAN personalized license plates. But I guess others might prefer different signals. Maybe they could start a fashion by wearing peacock feathers or something.

Kerberos
05-06-2011, 05:59 PM

Alright....Now THAT was funny. :thumb: ROFL

Extra Point
05-06-2011, 08:58 PM
people don't buy custom guns in the shape of their initials.

Yeah. The tail end of the A shoots downward. Whooda thunka that?

SAUTO
05-06-2011, 09:01 PM
That's just not the case. There may be a couple of athletes who get loaned jewelry like that, but those are the mega-stars who have already signed 9 figures worth of contracts. Some third rounder with a $50,000 set of diamond earrings owes somebody $60,000 for them.
The guys at the draft are all on tv. Advertisement.

That's the guys I was talking about. First rounders. The ones allen is jealous of.
Posted via Mobile Device

Extra Point
05-06-2011, 09:02 PM

This is comedy gold! Allen had to go, we got some O picks as a result, made the playoffs. Meanwhile, he left his restaurant management team high and dry when he cut out from his eatery on SW Blvd.

No butthurt here! Anyone else?

TheGuardian
05-06-2011, 09:59 PM
I hate Jared Allen, but he's right about this. I don't know if there is anything more cunty than all those guys geeked out in diamonds and gold when they haven't made millions yet. And yes, it's generally all the black guys.

notorious
05-06-2011, 09:59 PM
Jared seems to be a quality guy......

BUT

He shouldn't be judging these guys (even though they are idiots) on their decision making when he received multiple DUI's during his first few seasons.

At least the guys loaded with ice are not putting other people at risk.

Bugeater
05-06-2011, 10:00 PM
The guys at the draft are all on tv. Advertisement.

That's the guys I was talking about. First rounders. The ones allen is jealous of.
Posted via Mobile Device
Advertising? For what company?

notorious
05-06-2011, 10:01 PM

He went to Jared!!!!

Bugeater
05-06-2011, 10:02 PM
He went to Jared!!!!
:doh!:

SAUTO
05-06-2011, 10:06 PM

Whatever.jewelry company sold that shit. Do you not think someone could find out what watch those guys were wearing?
Why do jewelers give actors jewelry for award shows?
Posted via Mobile Device

Marcellus
05-06-2011, 10:09 PM
They had a segment on this ln ESPN or something a few years ago. Most of the jewelry is loaned.

I imagine the jewlers figure when they get the money they will come back and buy. Probably a good assumption.

Bugeater
05-06-2011, 10:14 PM
Whatever.jewelry company sold that shit. Do you not think someone could find out what watch those guys were wearing?
Why do jewelers give actors jewelry for award shows?
Posted via Mobile Device
Hmmm...that sure seems like an unorthodox method of advertising, I'm thinking it's more along the lines of what Marcellus just said.

FAX
05-06-2011, 10:46 PM
As usual, I don't have anything to contribute post-wise to this thread thing. But, I'm going to keep posting until somebody responds.

FAX THE POINTLESS BUT PERSISTENT

BossChief
05-07-2011, 12:53 AM
Check out this defense.

Jared Allen/Gilberry
Shaun Smith/Powe
Glenn Dorsey/Bailey
Tamba Hali/Jackson

Derrick Johnson/Studebaker
Demmorio Williams/Belcher/Johnson
Justin Houston/Mays

Brandon Carr/Jahlil
Brandon Flowers/Daniels
Jon Asamoah/Arenas
Kendrick Lewis/
IronMan/

I'm not gonna get into if that is better than what we have, but That is a terrorizing defense once it gets a quality mlb

salame
05-07-2011, 02:50 AM
wine em dine em 69 em lol

BigRock
05-07-2011, 03:01 AM
I can only assume that very few of the Chiefs-fans-who-still-miss-Jared-Allen actually watch the Vikings, because if they did they would recognize the undeniable fact that he's nowhere near the player he used to be.

Incidentally, ProFootballFocus just did a list of the 101 best players of 2010. Do you know who's listed in the top 10 of said list? Jared Allen is. Whoops, my bad. He's not even ranked. Seriously, do you know who's in the top 10?

Tamba Hali, but that's beside the point. I'm referring to Jamaal Charles. A guy who wouldn't be here if Allen hadn't been traded.

Thus, I submit that Jared Allen is a declining player who doesn't fit our defense, whose replacement has reached elite status without him, and whose trade allowed us to grab our LT and, oh yes, one of the best offensive players in football.

I won't speak for anyone else, but not only don't I miss Jared Allen, I'd like to go back in time just to trade the sumbitch again.

salame
05-07-2011, 03:06 AM
I met him like 3 or 4 times and he was full on retard everytime

notorious
05-07-2011, 06:47 AM
I can only assume that very few of the Chiefs-fans-who-still-miss-Jared-Allen actually watch the Vikings, because if they did they would recognize the undeniable fact that he's nowhere near the player he used to be.

Incidentally, ProFootballFocus just did a list of the 101 best players of 2010. Do you know who's listed in the top 10 of said list? Jared Allen is. Whoops, my bad. He's not even ranked. Seriously, do you know who's in the top 10?

Tamba Hali, but that's beside the point. I'm referring to Jamaal Charles. A guy who wouldn't be here if Allen hadn't been traded.

Thus, I submit that Jared Allen is a declining player who doesn't fit our defense, whose replacement has reached elite status without him, and whose trade allowed us to grab our LT and, oh yes, one of the best offensive players in football.

I won't speak for anyone else, but not only don't I miss Jared Allen, I'd like to go back in time just to trade the sumbitch again.

I agree, Carl left us with a nice gift.

Good job Carl.

TheGuardian
05-07-2011, 07:30 AM

I've been saying that for a couple of seasons now. Jared generally racked up non impact sacks that padded his stats. I mean, can anyone remember Allen ever making plays in the clutch? Hell no. He's anti clutch. In the NFCCG the guy got his ass whipped by a rookie the entire night. I've never understood why some Chief fans sucked this guy off so hard.

TheGuardian
05-07-2011, 07:32 AM
Check out this defense.

Jared Allen/Gilberry
Shaun Smith/Powe
Glenn Dorsey/Bailey
Tamba Hali/Jackson

Justin Houston/Mays

Brandon Carr/Jahlil
Brandon Flowers/Daniels
Jon Asamoah/Arenas
Kendrick Lewis/
IronMan/

I'm not gonna get into if that is better than what we have, but That is a terrorizing defense once it gets a quality mlb

This lineup looks worse than the one we have.

Tamba is a better OLB than end. Dorsey is not a 3-technique guy (I know that's where you're going with that), Derrick Johnson just had his best year ever playing inside backer, not outside backer in a 40 front, and Houson is more suited to outside backer in a 3-4 as well. So yeah, it kinda looks like shit the way you got it there.

BigMeatballDave
05-07-2011, 08:52 AM
I don't get the jewelry thing.

If I had a billion dollars, the last thing I would by is jewelry.

Unless some hot chick I wanted to bang wanted diamond earrings. :)

RNR
05-07-2011, 09:04 AM
I've been saying that for a couple of seasons now. Jared generally racked up non impact sacks that padded his stats. I mean, can anyone remember Allen ever making plays in the clutch? Hell no. He's anti clutch. In the NFCCG the guy got his ass whipped by a rookie the entire night. I've never understood why some Chief fans sucked this guy off so hard.

He is a very likeable guy, but I have always felt he was overrated. Pretty good but not great~

NewChief
05-07-2011, 09:04 AM

From a logical point of view, I think you're completely right. I think, though, that JA's attitude and image resonated with a lot of KC fans. They felt like he was one of them. When he left, I think there's a feeling of him betraying the fanbase. Jilted lover syndrome. You know you're better off without her, but by damn... it still pisses you off that she left you.

Marcellus
05-07-2011, 09:14 AM

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

GloryDayz
05-07-2011, 09:48 AM
Jared "I'm a traitor and a Drunk" Allen can STFU... He's still an idiot!

OnTheWarpath15
05-07-2011, 09:51 AM

Great post.

God, I remember getting reamed when we traded him for saying I was happy about it. There were a handful of us that liked the deal, and we heard about it. Interesting how it has all worked out.

CoMoChief
05-07-2011, 10:37 AM
Jared "I'm a traitor and a Drunk" Allen can STFU... He's still an idiot!

how is he a traitor?

Okie_Apparition
05-07-2011, 10:47 AM
Is this the same Jared Allen who while trying to get a new contract with the Chiefs. Ran with the bulls in Spain. I don't think the earring will cause the damage on future earnings like riding a bull or swimming with sharks will.

BossChief
05-07-2011, 12:11 PM
This lineup looks worse than the one we have.

Tamba is a better OLB than end. Dorsey is not a 3-technique guy (I know that's where you're going with that), Derrick Johnson just had his best year ever playing inside backer, not outside backer in a 40 front, and Houson is more suited to outside backer in a 3-4 as well. So yeah, it kinda looks like shit the way you got it there.I agree that Houston is better for a 3-4. No question...I also agree on the DJ take and have held that stance since before the move. He had his best production at Texas in a 3-4 and it's no surprise to me the strides he has made in the scheme.

Dorsey got drafted top five being a 3-tech...I dont care about your take on the what if scenarios about his skill set...the guy got drafted that high because of being a generational talent as a disruptive DT.

IMO, that lineup would be set on the line and secondary for a long time.

That's about as much time I want to waste on this debate though, as it has been rehashed hundreds of times on here and ultimately it's something that will never come to a final conclusion because we are cemented to the 3-4.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-07-2011, 12:21 PM
They went to Jared.

SAUTO
05-07-2011, 01:25 PM
Hmmm...that sure seems like an unorthodox method of advertising, I'm thinking it's more along the lines of what Marcellus just said.

Either way allen was wrong
Posted via Mobile Device

Saul Good
05-07-2011, 02:56 PM
According to the article, spending money on jewelry is stupid.

If so, what is spending money on booze, tuxedo t-shirts, a Cadillac with steer horns for a hood ornament, etc?

I guess those were smart purchases?

He didn't rip them for buying jewelry. He ripped them for buying jewelry when they have never earned a single dollar in their lives. Allen's earned tens of millions of dollars. I'm pretty sure he can swing a t-shirt.

GloryDayz
05-07-2011, 04:13 PM
how is he a traitor?

He left Kansas City and the fans. I've heard all the reasons and I don't care, he left..

TheGuardian
05-07-2011, 05:10 PM
[QUOTEI agree that Houston is better for a 3-4. No question...I also agree on the DJ take and have held that stance since before the move. He had his best production at Texas in a 3-4 and it's no surprise to me the strides he has made in the scheme.

Dorsey got drafted top five being a 3-tech...I dont care about your take on the what if scenarios about his skill set...the guy got drafted that high because of being a generational talent as a disruptive DT.

IMO, that lineup would be set on the line and secondary for a long time.

That's about as much time I want to waste on this debate though, as it has been rehashed hundreds of times on here and ultimately it's something that will never come to a final conclusion because we are cemented to the 3-4.

I've squashed that bullshit about Dorsey about 117 times. It was nothing more than a draft myth.

kysirsoze
05-07-2011, 05:33 PM
He left Kansas City and the fans. I've heard all the reasons and I don't care, he left..

:rolleyes: GMAFB

You guys need to get over it. Peterson was a dick and Allen wasn't gonna take it. It ended up a win-win. Who cares?

kysirsoze
05-07-2011, 05:36 PM
Check out this defense.

Jared Allen/Gilberry
Shaun Smith/Powe
Glenn Dorsey/Bailey
Tamba Hali/Jackson

Justin Houston/Mays

Brandon Carr/Jahlil
Brandon Flowers/Daniels
Jon Asamoah/Arenas
Kendrick Lewis/
IronMan/

:hmmm: I like it!

GloryDayz
05-07-2011, 08:48 PM
:rolleyes: GMAFB

You guys need to get over it. Peterson was a dick and Allen wasn't gonna take it. It ended up a win-win. Who cares?

Win-win? OK...

Brock
05-07-2011, 08:54 PM

It's a business, get over it.

GloryDayz
05-07-2011, 09:26 PM
It's a business, get over it.

No thanks, it's a game! I'll complain every chance I can. And I'm glad he's done little with his new team. Had he stayed, he might have gone farther. I hate Peterson, but Peterson kicked JA's butt! They're both losers!

Brock
05-07-2011, 09:52 PM
No thanks, it's a game! I'll complain every chance I can. And I'm glad he's done little with his new team. Had he stayed, he might have gone farther. I hate Peterson, but Peterson kicked JA's butt! They're both losers!

They didn't want to pay him because of his personal problems, end of story. He wasn't important to the Chiefs over the long term anyway, so who gives a shit? The Chiefs got 2 or 3 really good players out of the deal.

Bowser
05-07-2011, 10:31 PM
At the time, I was one of the fans that was pissed about the deal. Now, after a few years to see how things have shaken out, it was probably one of the best moves Carl pulled as a GM here.

Bowser
05-07-2011, 10:31 PM
And everytime I see Darrell on Storage Wars, I think of Jared Allen.

Deberg_1990
05-07-2011, 10:41 PM
it was probably one of the best moves Carl pulled as a GM here.

Agreed. I could rip Carl for about 1000 different things, but this will never be one of them.

The_Doctor10
05-08-2011, 02:44 AM
You can say all you want about how the jewelers 'lend' these things out, but if the number of bankrupt NFL athletes 3 years after they're done football is to be believed, they're clearly doing something wrong. Is it all rooted in the jewelry? No. Is it indicative of a broader problem? Hell yes.

He's also right about the uncertain economics coming out of the lockout. Jared Allen is still going to be a multi-multi millionaire when play resumes. Nobody is going to sign a draft pick before the CBA is signed, because there could very well be an NHL-style rookie cap that limits contracts to three years and under 1M per year. Now, that clearly won't force players to default on 50K worth of jewelry, but if you were expecting 40M guaranteed, and you only have your 950K base salary when football starts, it's idiotic to even be in a position where you would be tempted/considering purchasing 50K in useless rocks.

If JaFatass had shown up for a pre-draft interview with that number 2 diamond monstrosity around his neck, even Al Davis would have laughed in his face, given him a gift certificate to Fat Burger, and walked out of the room.

GoHuge
05-08-2011, 03:56 AM
I find this humorous because Jared wears a Rolex Submariner with a Serti diamond dial...$12-15,000.

kcxiv
05-08-2011, 03:59 AM
He didn't rip them for buying jewelry. He ripped them for buying jewelry when they have never earned a single dollar in their lives. Allen's earned tens of millions of dollars. I'm pretty sure he can swing a t-shirt.

Whats funny is that, what that dude is throwing out isnt even all that expensive. He got them after he played what 2 years or so in the league after he got his paychecks. I think i remember him talking about some beat up ass car/truck he had his rookie year.

I am not a jewlery guy, so i would probably never have done that had i been in that kind of situation. I had about 4 piercings in my ear years ago, and instead of going with gold, i went with sterling silver hoops, cause i like the way they look better. lol

Back then i could afford alot of things from doing things i wasnt supposed too. Ill leave it at that. lol

milkman
05-08-2011, 05:31 AM
Whats funny is that, what that dude is throwing out isnt even all that expensive. He got them after he played what 2 years or so in the league after he got his paychecks. I think i remember him talking about some beat up ass car/truck he had his rookie year.

I am not a jewlery guy, so i would probably never have done that had i been in that kind of situation. I had about 4 piercings in my ear years ago, and instead of going with gold, i went with sterling silver hoops, cause i like the way they look better. lol

Back then i could afford alot of things from doing things i wasnt supposed too. Ill leave it at that. lol

Back in my day, a man getting an ear pierced was gay.

I still think a man getting any piercing is ****ing stupid.

And getting 4?

Jesus.

GloryDayz
05-08-2011, 05:50 AM
They didn't want to pay him because of his personal problems, end of story. He wasn't important to the Chiefs over the long term anyway, so who gives a shit? The Chiefs got 2 or 3 really good players out of the deal.

Well I give a "poop"... I don't care if we got better people out of the deal (at best that was luck), this isn't about the players we got or giving CP credit, it's about a drunk who had talent who quit. Either way, the POS is a drunk and shouldn't be offering anybody advice. Perhaps his drunk butt should offer these rookies some all-day pub crawls followed by driving lessons to help keep them them out of the dreaded jewelry stores. Before they all leave for the gayla event, he can help them all populate their go-phones with the numbers of his bail bondsmen.

LOL, JA and doing things in the right order, or just the right things!! What's next, driving then drinking himself silly, then NOT driving??