PDA

View Full Version : Life Do your same-gender children look like you?

Rain Man
05-06-2011, 10:07 PM
I've been noticing this a lot recently as my cousins' kids move into and out of their teenage years.

I'm looking at a photo of a female cousin's daughter right now on Facebook, and it's like looking at my cousin 30 years ago. The resemblance is amazing. There's a minor resemblance with her son, but not much. The daughter's practically a next-generation twin, though.

A male cousin, the brother of the female cousin above, didn't have any sons but had four daughters. I hadn't seen them since there were little kids, but one of them visited me a few years back because she happened to be in town. She e-mailed and said she'd be coming with a friend, and I wondered if I'd be able to tell which one was the cousin's daughter and which one was the friend. They arrived and it was instantly obvious which one was my cousin's daughter. Even though they're different genders, the resemblance was striking.

My sister's daughter has a relatively strong resemblance to my sister. Maybe it's not a striking resemblance, but I can easily tell. Her son, though, doesn't have a resemblance at all.

So for those of you with kids, do your kids have a striking resemblance to you? Is it more with kids of your gender than the opposite sex? Just curious.

KurtCobain
05-06-2011, 10:10 PM
My kids look like the guy at taco bell.

milkman
05-06-2011, 10:10 PM
Yes.

But that's not what we tell their husbands.

Bugeater
05-06-2011, 10:11 PM
For my son's sake, I hope not.

Gadzooks
05-06-2011, 10:12 PM
My kids look like the guy at taco bell.

Milkman must work at taco bell.

notorious
05-06-2011, 10:18 PM
Milkman must work at taco bell.

JFC

ROFL

Crush
05-06-2011, 10:23 PM
Paternity tests for everyone!!!! /Maury

Shaid
05-06-2011, 10:25 PM
Yes, very much so.

Marcellus
05-06-2011, 10:30 PM
Yes, very much so.

LMAO

stumppy
05-06-2011, 10:35 PM
Yes, the lucky little bastards.

FAX
05-06-2011, 10:43 PM
I don't know.

But, I will tell you one thing that is kind of freaking me out, Mr. Rain Man. If you're interested, that is.

FAX THE KIND OF FREAKING OUT

Rain Man
05-06-2011, 10:52 PM
I don't know.

But, I will tell you one thing that is kind of freaking me out, Mr. Rain Man. If you're interested, that is.

FAX THE KIND OF FREAKING OUT

I'm highly interested in what's freaking you out. Is it a man with a gun? A big bug? Britney Spears kissing your wife? Lingering questions regarding the sinking of the Lusitania? I'm genuinely curious.

listopencil
05-06-2011, 11:05 PM
Son looks like a boy version of my wife, daughter looks like a girl version of me. Also- my daughter looks almost exactly like my mother ( I found old pics) and my son looks almost exactly like my wife's father. Also, I have a nephew and an uncle that look exactly like me.

Phobia
05-06-2011, 11:48 PM
Screw you.

Regards,

Father of 4 daughters

Frosty
05-06-2011, 11:58 PM
Both of my boys picked up strong family traits. However, neither look like me, thank goodness. It's bad enough that they inherited my gluten intolerance.

NewChief
05-07-2011, 12:13 AM
I don't know.

FAX THE KIND OF FREAKING OUTI'm highly interested in what's freaking you out. Is it a man with a gun? A big bug? Britney Spears kissing your wife? Lingering questions regarding the sinking of the Lusitania? I'm genuinely curious.

My mind has been blown by the interplay of Mr. Fax and Mr. Rain Man. This is like two black holes approaching each other in an orgasmic lead to the cataclysm.

FAX
05-07-2011, 01:11 AM
I'm highly interested in what's freaking you out. Is it a man with a gun? A big bug? Britney Spears kissing your wife? Lingering questions regarding the sinking of the Lusitania? I'm genuinely curious.

Well with all respect, Mr. Rain Man, I don't know if you're sincerely interested or just being nice like Mr. gblowfish usually is and stuff. It's difficult to tell, so I'll give you some of the elements of the situation so that you might better evaluate your desire (or lack thereof) to hear my tale.

Element 1: A very beautiful brunette chick.
Element 2: A famous rock star.
Element 3: A sexual encounter.
Element 4: An IUD.
Element 5: A very severe automobile accident.
Element 6: A Facebook page thing.
Element 7: Me.

These are the key points upon which the story turns, although they are not in any particular order. Perhaps these items will assist you in determining your potential interest.

FAX THE STILL KIND OF FREAKING OUT

KurtCobain
05-07-2011, 01:24 AM
Well with all respect, Mr. Rain Man, I don't know if you're sincerely interested or just being nice like Mr. gblowfish usually is and stuff. It's difficult to tell, so I'll give you some of the elements of the situation so that you might better evaluate your desire (or lack thereof) to hear my tale.

Element 1: A very beautiful brunette chick.
Element 2: A famous rock star.
Element 3: A sexual encounter.
Element 4: An IUD.
Element 5: A very severe automobile accident.
Element 6: A Facebook page thing.
Element 7: Me.

These are the key points upon which the story turns, although they are not in any particular order. Perhaps these items will assist you in determining your potential interest.

FAX THE STILL KIND OF FREAKING OUT

So you(7) were boning(3) a very beautiful brunette chick(1) while trying to drive a huge truck full of hotdogs and you crashed. It was bad(5). Don Henley(2) was doing a line of coke off a strippers ass on the intersection where you crashed and he saved your life with an emergency surgery right there on the spot. When you got home you discovered that he placed an IUD(4) in your butthole as a cruel prank and posted pictures of you with his cock in your mouth on facebook(6). So you shot your neighbor's nephew while he was mowing the lawn and you're kinda freaking pout because the cops are digging very close to the hole in your back yard.

Just Passin' By
05-07-2011, 01:29 AM
So you(7) were boning(3) a very beautiful brunette chick(1) while trying to drive a huge truck full of hotdogs and you crashed. It was bad(5). Don Henley(2) was doing a line of coke off a strippers ass on the intersection where you crashed and he saved your life with an emergency surgery right there on the spot. When you got home you discovered that he placed an IUD(4) in your butthole as a cruel prank and posted pictures of you with his cock in your mouth on facebook(6). So you shot your neighbor's nephew while he was mowing the lawn and you're kinda freaking pout because the cops are digging very close to the hole in your back yard.

Move the body to Don Henley's yard. Problem solved.

BigMeatballDave
05-07-2011, 08:39 AM
My younger brother is a dead ringer for our dad when he was in his 20s.

Lzen
05-07-2011, 09:04 AM
My oldest looks like me except he's got curly hair which is a dead ringer for my FIL in his young days. The middle boy has some of my family but looks a bit more like my brother. Also looks similar to BIL when he was a teen without the curly hair. I guess you could say he is a good blend. My daughter definitely has a lot of strong traits from my side of the family.

NewChief
05-07-2011, 09:08 AM
People see pictures of me as a kid, and they think it's a picture of my youngest.

My oldest is a dead ringer for his Grandpa Green (RIP) and has a lot of the same mannerisms. We always joke that his spirit inhabited my oldest's body when he died because they were really, really close.

Okie_Apparition
05-07-2011, 09:51 AM
They look more like the nanny.

Gonzo
05-07-2011, 09:56 AM
For my son's sake, I hope not.

He looks like me, though.
Posted via Mobile Device

JD10367
05-07-2011, 10:32 AM
http://files.dailycontributor.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/nigerians-have-white-baby.jpg

-King-
05-07-2011, 08:55 PM
I'm disappointed that the Rain Man / FAX exchange hasn't produced any mind fucking laughs.

It's only a matter of time though...