PDA

View Full Version : Life even worse than running over a skunk

seclark
05-08-2011, 02:42 PM
a buzzard...sheesh!

took old uncle ernie out for his weekend ride. came around a corner and there's 3 buzzards dining on some unidentifiable roadkill in the other lane. 2 take off in the opposite direction from me. the other not so. hit the drivers side headlight and splattered feathers, shit, puke and guts right down the side of my truck. by far, the nastiest smell i've ever experienced. we gagged and hacked for 15 miles to the nearest car wash and opted for the drive through. it looked clean, but still stank awful, so i chucked another $5 in the spray wash. got home and we could still smell it.

i thought maybe it was just in my mind, so i had the daughter go outside and give it a whiff. she could smell it too. gonna keep it parked outside tonight, and hopefully, it'll smell better tomorrow.

sec

mlyonsd
05-08-2011, 02:47 PM
LOL, that sucks.

LiveSteam
05-08-2011, 02:49 PM
Dam Birds

Bwana
05-08-2011, 03:07 PM
LMAO

Dude, that sucks. I have hit several things, but I must say, I have never hit a buzzard.

TinyEvel
05-08-2011, 03:10 PM
How do you know it was a buzzard and not a vulture?

Fritz88
05-08-2011, 03:17 PM
Okay sec. I actually laughed picturing you nearly puking while driving. It will take a while to go away.

A friend once shot a bird, threw it in the trunk of his car but forgot to take it off. A few days later he smelled that deathly odor which took weeks to go away.

Gonzo
05-08-2011, 03:26 PM
At least it's hoof didn't get caught in the grill.

(Obscure Godfellas reference complete)
Posted via Mobile Device

rockymtnchief
05-08-2011, 03:39 PM
eeeeeeeeew...good luck getting the smell out. It took about a week to get the smell of over-stuffed golden eagle out of my work truck.

seclark
05-08-2011, 03:44 PM
How do you know it was a buzzard and not a vulture?

actually, i believe you're correct. i think it was a turkey vulture. i've always just called them buzzards.

all i know is it was big and it died puking and shitting at the same time. there was a bunch of feathers left behind at the car wash.

you know, i realize they are an important part of the environment. but i'd appreciate it if they were smart enough to drag sunday dinner off the damn road before they start eating. it would benefit everyone involved.

sec

notorious
05-08-2011, 03:46 PM
At least it didn't break your grill.

I broke two grills within a week during corn harvest from dumb-ass pheasants flying just below hood level.

seclark
05-08-2011, 03:49 PM
At least it didn't break your grill.

I broke two grills within a week during corn harvest from dumb-ass pheasants flying just below hood level.

i was afraid it did, but i lucked out. front grill on that dakota is pretty fragile. headlight still works too.

it really, really stinks, though.
sec

LiveSteam
05-08-2011, 03:59 PM
Did it look something like this?

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5qXEU9xZCXM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

bevischief
05-08-2011, 05:01 PM
antifreeze and a aid's tree fire.

Okie_Apparition
05-08-2011, 05:29 PM
Al Davis is missing

HoneyBadger
05-08-2011, 05:35 PM
I thought we had a deal with the birds!!

Ugly Duck
05-08-2011, 05:50 PM
At least it's hoof didn't get caught in the grill.

(Obscure Godfellas reference complete)

"Jimmy.... did I hit a buzzard or something?"

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nJmbvcYKXdI?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nJmbvcYKXdI?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

TinyEvel
05-08-2011, 06:51 PM
actually, i believe you're correct. i think it was a turkey vulture. i've always just called them buzzards.

all i know is it was big and it died puking and shitting at the same time. there was a bunch of feathers left behind at the car wash.

you know, i realize they are an important part of the environment. but i'd appreciate it if they were smart enough to drag sunday dinner off the damn road before they start eating. it would benefit everyone involved.

sec

Actually, I was sort of joking. I think they are two names for the same animal (Turkey Vulture)

:thumb:

CrazyPhuD
05-08-2011, 07:05 PM
Hmmm maybe it smelled so bad because it was dining on week old dead skunk? Damn Sounds worse than a buddy of mine who's friend puked in the air vent of the car and then they had to drive 6hrs the next day....

Bowser
05-08-2011, 07:26 PM
a buzzard...sheesh!

took old uncle ernie out for his weekend ride. came around a corner and there's 3 buzzards dining on some unidentifiable roadkill in the other lane. 2 take off in the opposite direction from me. the other not so. hit the drivers side headlight and splattered feathers, shit, puke and guts right down the side of my truck. by far, the nastiest smell i've ever experienced. we gagged and hacked for 15 miles to the nearest car wash and opted for the drive through. it looked clean, but still stank awful, so i chucked another $5 in the spray wash. got home and we could still smell it.

i thought maybe it was just in my mind, so i had the daughter go outside and give it a whiff. she could smell it too. gonna keep it parked outside tonight, and hopefully, it'll smell better tomorrow.

sec

Sprinkle catnip all over it, and let the neighborhood cats come and piss all over it. You'll forget all about the buzzard smell tomorrow morning.

RJ
05-08-2011, 07:40 PM
Vulture, turkey vulture, buzzard.....whatever you call them they are nasty birds. I'm not surprised to hear they smell so bad when you blow one up. They're perfectly happy to eat week old road kill. Can you imagine all the bacteria in their guts?

cdcox
05-08-2011, 07:45 PM
Vulture, turkey vulture, buzzard.....whatever you call them they are nasty birds. I'm not surprised to hear they smell so bad when you blow one up. They're perfectly happy to eat week old road kill. Can you imagine all the bacteria in their guts?

That's why I hate possums so much. Carrion eaters are just nasty creatures.

Iowanian
05-08-2011, 08:17 PM
Interestingly enough...after I went turkey hunting this morning, I loaded my girls in the scout and went on a country drive.

We listened to this song....and this evening my 3 & 5yr old have been singing it while they were swinging out back.
<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UejelYnVI3U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

nstygma
05-08-2011, 09:16 PM
i've been trying to rid an attic of the putrid smell of racoon nesting/breeding/crapping/dyeing. i think oxyclean might be the best substance i've used so far.

seclark
05-09-2011, 07:05 AM
thank God it's raining today. still smells awful. pulled in to get some gas and got a couple strange looks and comments.
sec

Radar Chief
05-09-2011, 09:17 AM
That's why I hate possums so much. Carrion eaters are just nasty creatures.

So a couple of winters ago Gearhead Wrenching buddy and I were chilling in the man cave when we heard my dog going off, which is unusual because she’s pretty quiet unless there’s something to bark at.
When we went to check it out we found she had treed this big fat opossum in a little tree in the back yard.
If it wasn’t close enough to the garage that the thing could climb up on the roof and possibly into my garage, which I think was it’s plan, I’d have just called the dog off and left it alone but since it was that close and I’m in town where I didn’t want to go popping off a gun we started poking it with sticks to get rid of it. I eventually got my tree pruning shears out and cut the tree off just below where it was hanging on and as soon as it hit the ground it took off running but the entire time we’re screwing with this thing there was this overpowering smell of shit. As soon as we got rid of the opossum the smell went away. I don’t know if that thing had been digging around in some trash with diapers in it or what but man did that thing stink.

Radar Chief
05-09-2011, 09:19 AM
thank God it's raining today. still smells awful. pulled in to get some gas and got a couple strange looks and comments.
sec

Hydrogen peroxide mixed with tomato juice does a pretty good job of neutralizing skunk spray, don’t know if it’d work for buzzard puke but it might be worth a shot.

CrazyPhuD
05-09-2011, 09:37 AM
sec

Well on the plus side, you don't really have to worry about someone stealing your truck right now.

tooge
05-09-2011, 10:34 AM
the only way you are gonna get rid of the smell is to go run over a skunk

Pennywise
05-09-2011, 10:42 AM
the only way you are gonna get rid of the smell is to go run over a skunk

LMAO

It could be worse sec. My buddy hit one and it went thru the windshield. And still being alive, puked and shit all over him and the inside of his truck.

So you got off pretty easy.

seclark
05-09-2011, 10:50 AM
LMAO

It could be worse sec. My buddy hit one and it went thru the windshield. And still being alive, puked and shit all over him and the inside of his truck.

So you got off pretty easy.

guess what? i just went outside to give it a sniff, and noticed a small crack in the windsheild...drivers side. looks like it's working its way out from the edge. about 2-3 inches long. didn't notice it til just now.

sun's come out now and getting pretty warm. still stinks...whatta fuckin mess.

sec

tooge
05-09-2011, 10:56 AM
I hit one of those in my truck a few years ago. It hit the headlight fixture and blow it to pieces. Fortunately, it didn't leave the guts, puke, shit, etc all over my truck. I feel for you. Those are the single most stinky bastards on earth.

seclark
05-09-2011, 11:00 AM
I hit one of those in my truck a few years ago. It hit the headlight fixture and blow it to pieces. Fortunately, it didn't leave the guts, puke, shit, etc all over my truck. I feel for you. Those are the single most stinky bastards on earth.

i think i'm going to try to make the best of it. after work tonight, i'll head to town and start going to every drive-through, ordering a small drink.

i need to laugh at something.
sec

Pennywise
05-09-2011, 11:05 AM
Seriously though, you should hear the story from him. Buzzard crashes thru the windshield screaming, shitting and puking. Then he's screaming all the while getting hit by flapping wings.

Fish
05-09-2011, 11:58 AM
Hydrogen peroxide mixed with tomato juice does a pretty good job of neutralizing skunk spray, don’t know if it’d work for buzzard puke but it might be worth a shot.

I've found that a can of WD-40 actually does very well in a pinch too. Sprayed by a skunk once out on the road, and that's all I had in the truck. I was really surprised at how well it worked.