PDA

View Full Version : MU Tyler Gabbert transferring

Priest31kc
05-09-2011, 09:44 AM
Tyler Gabbert leaving Mizzou
By BLAIR KERKHOFF
The Kansas City Star

Tyler Gabbert is leaving Missouri’s football program to pursue other playing opportunities, Tigers coach Gary Pinkel announced on Monday.

Gabbert came to Mizzou as part of the 2010 recruiting class and enrolled a semester early at MU. He took part in the last two spring camps and redshirted during the 2010 season.

“We wish Tyler the best and will do everything we can to assist him going forward,” said Pinkel. “He’s worked very hard in our program this past year, and we thank him for his efforts.

"Tyler is a high-quality person and an outstanding football player.”

http://www.kansascity.com/2011/05/09/2861195/tyler-gabbert-leaving-mizzou.html

siberian khatru
05-09-2011, 09:50 AM
I expected somebody -- Franklin, Gabbert, Glaser, Berkstresser -- to transfer eventually. I just didn't think it would happen now.

Gabbert and Franklin were pretty close all spring, Franklin had a better B&G game, but there was still a lot of football to be played. I wonder what went down.

Gabbert didn't want to have to compete? He doesn't like the way decisions are being made? He decided he just didn't like MU? He saw Berkstresser and said, "I'm fucked"?

KChiefs1
05-09-2011, 09:53 AM
The next MU QB recruit might have scared him off.

Reaper16
05-09-2011, 10:06 AM
Disappointing, but as long as he doesn't transfer to Missouri Western, I'm good.

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-09-2011, 10:11 AM
He was never going to be anything more than a backup here. I was stunned he was ever #1 on the depth chart.

eazyb81
05-09-2011, 10:16 AM
Franklin ahead of him, Berkstresser and Kiel/Mauk behind him.....guess he didn't like his odds.

Good luck to him.

DJ's left nut
05-09-2011, 11:02 AM
I think Pinkel must've had a meeting with him and advised him that the Franklin competition was decided.

I knew he'd transfer if he lost the gig to Franklin, I just didn't think it would be this soon. I figured he'd see how summer practices went. My greatest concern is that this ends up like the situation 2 seasons ago where we had Gabbert and a big pile of dicks after him after Blaine Dalton got kicked off the team. It's important that we have a good backup that knows the system with as wide open as we play.

Here's to Franklin's health, I think we may regret losing lil' Gabbert for this season by the time all is said and done.

Pitt Gorilla
05-09-2011, 11:04 AM
I think Pinkel must've had a meeting with him and advised him that the Franklin competition was decided.

I knew he'd transfer if he lost the gig to Franklin, I just didn't think it would be this soon. I figured he'd see how summer practices went. My greatest concern is that this ends up like the situation 2 seasons ago where we had Gabbert and a big pile of dicks after him after Blaine Dalton got kicked off the team. It's important that we have a good backup that knows the system with as wide open as we play.

Here's to Franklin's health, I think we may regret losing lil' Gabbert for this season by the time all is said and done.This sucks, IMO. Gabbert could have ended up the best QB on the team. I hope that Berkstresser has a playbook.

buddha
05-09-2011, 11:22 AM
It doesn't suck at all. This is what happens at a good program. Good players look around and see that they probably aren't going to be THE guy and they look for a better situation. From everybody I've talked to who have seen the guys on the team and Berkstresser, they all think that Berks is going to be THE guy. He is the total package.

Frazod
05-09-2011, 11:24 AM
Bummer. I was really looking forward to seeing him piss down his leg in bowl games over the next couple of years.

Sure-Oz
05-09-2011, 12:02 PM
Wonder if he'll xfer to Nebraska

Thig Lyfe
05-09-2011, 12:05 PM
Come to KU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kepp
05-09-2011, 12:05 PM
Wow, I didn't see that coming. Best of luck to him, but it leaves us a little thin at QB.

Tom_A_Hawk
05-09-2011, 12:20 PM
not a loss

Ebolapox
05-09-2011, 12:33 PM
best wishes, tyler.

Frazod
05-09-2011, 01:21 PM
It doesn't suck at all. This is what happens at a good program. Good players look around and see that they probably aren't going to be THE guy and they look for a better situation. From everybody I've talked to who have seen the guys on the team and Berkstresser, they all think that Berks is going to be THE guy. He is the total package.

By the way, you fucking dildo, I'm not a beaker - I just thought Blaine Gabbert was overrated as hell and I really don't mind a Gabbert-free MU roster.

Also, people who leave shitty rep comments while their own rep is disabled are first class bitches. This means you.

Pitt Gorilla
05-09-2011, 01:25 PM
By the way, you ****ing dildo, I'm not a beaker - I just thought Blaine Gabbert was overrated as hell and I really don't mind a Gabbert-free MU roster.

Also, people who leave shitty rep comments while their own rep is disabled are first class bitches. This means you.You actually came off as more of a Nub fan, but I know you bleed black and gold.

It also appears that you suck at evaluating QBs. :p

Trevo_410
05-09-2011, 01:28 PM
Wow, I didn't see that coming. Best of luck to him, but it leaves us a little thin at QB.

got glaser and berk behind him next year,,, we sitll good.
Glaser will be a solid back up the rest of his career and i expect berkstresser to battle it out with franklin the year after this upcoming season.

Frazod
05-09-2011, 01:34 PM
You actually came off as more of a Nub fan, but I know you bleed black and gold.

It also appears that you suck at evaluating QBs. :p

AFAIC, he had one great game (against Oklahoma), a couple of good ones, and the rest was either epic choking or beating up on the little sisters of the poor.

I'll always miss Daniel. I'll never miss Gabbert.

Reaper16
05-09-2011, 01:45 PM
AFAIC, he had one great game (against Oklahoma), a couple of good ones, and the rest was either epic choking or beating up on the little sisters of the poor.

I'll always miss Daniel. I'll never miss Gabbert.
Daniel choked more times in the 2008 season than Blaine Gabbert did in his whole career.

RustShack
05-09-2011, 01:52 PM
Welcome to the Cyclones. Wait, thats basketball where we take every transfer.

RustShack
05-09-2011, 01:52 PM
Shit, they just said something that Mizzou wont let him transfer in the Big12.

DJ's left nut
05-09-2011, 01:56 PM
Daniel choked more times in the 2008 season than Blaine Gabbert did in his whole career.

That's my thought.

I'm always confused by the pass that Daniel gets for the '08 season (his 7th season in the same offense) while Gabbert gets blistered for taking a significantly less talented team to a similar season despite having less than 1/2 as much time in said offense.

Gabbert's problem will always be that he followed Daniel. Had he followed Smith, he'd be adored and had he followed Farmar they'd have re-named the stadium for him by now.

I don't miss Daniel, I miss the talent that surrounded him and the continuity he brought with him.

kepp
05-09-2011, 01:58 PM
Shit, they just said something that Mizzou wont let him transfer in the Big12.

I believe he'd lose a year of eligibility by transferring within the conference.

Demonpenz
05-09-2011, 02:00 PM
Disappointing, but as long as he doesn't transfer to Missouri Western, I'm good.

U mad /ultrapeanut

eazyb81
05-09-2011, 02:00 PM
I believe he'd lose a year of eligibility by transferring within the conference.

Two years. He loses one year no matter what if he transfers to another D1 school.

Reaper16
05-09-2011, 02:04 PM
U mad /ultrapeanut
Not yet, not until Missouri Western stops underachieving.

Frazod
05-09-2011, 02:11 PM

Who gives a shit? What he accomplished in 2007 more than made up for it. And while Gabbert didn't have Daniel's receivers, Daniel didn't have Gabbert's offensive line.

Apparently I'm the only Missouri fan on the entire fucking board who cares about results. And by that I mean results for MISSOURI, not Jacksonville or Gabbert's agent. I don't give a shit a Jacksonville, nor will I ever.

Daniel delivered. Gabbert failed.

The. End.

|Zach|
05-09-2011, 02:15 PM
Would be bummed if we were not loaded at the position. And if I didn't have a crush on Franklin.

As far as the Gabbert vs Daniel thing. lol @ Frazod. Sounds like someone who doesn't watch that much football and doesn't understand the team dynamic of the sport. I know that isnt the case with him so it is all confusing.

Oh well.

Demonpenz
05-09-2011, 02:15 PM
Not yet, not until Missouri Western stops underachieving.

I know, I just love the U mad posts he/she posts. They are so awesome. I can actually see the steam coming out of the poster when she posts a black hip hop guy going "Umad" at a post about cassel

Demonpenz
05-09-2011, 02:16 PM
I liked Daniel just fine, but at some point in some game, you knew he was going to run out of Talent, you never had that feeling with Gabert.

|Zach|
05-09-2011, 02:17 PM
I liked Daniel just fine, but at some point in some game, you knew he was going to run out of Talent, you never had that feeling with Gabert.

Daniel let other teams get in his head.

|Zach|
05-09-2011, 02:22 PM
Decent take from a guy in RMN

Gabbert wants to start somewhere ASAP
He hoped to have played himself into a starting position by the end of Spring. Instread, he is looking at:

1. Distinct possibility of not starting next year.
2. A Number 1 QB who is only one year ahead of him.
3. Potentially blue chip QB coming in this year’s recruiting class.

In other words, Gabbert probably saw a very real possibility that he would not be the starter at all – squeezed on both ends by Franklin and Kiel/Mauk. He is cutting his losses and transferring now so that (1) he does not have to sit for two more years(as backup at MU this year, and then his transfer year); and (2) he goes somewhere with a much stornger chance of winnig the starting jon outright.

Titty Meat
05-09-2011, 02:30 PM
Decent take from a guy in RMN

Guess he should have stayed with his original school?

Frazod
05-09-2011, 02:30 PM
Would be bummed if we were not loaded at the position. And if I didn't have a crush on Franklin.

As far as the Gabbert vs Daniel thing. lol @ Frazod. Sounds like someone who doesn't watch that much football and doesn't understand the team dynamic of the sport. I know that isnt the case with him so it is all confusing.

Oh well.

LOL at you, you bloated pile of shit. It doesn't matter if you win or lose, all that matters is Zackipoo got a good picture of it!

And it wasn't THE TEAM that threw the most horrible interception I've ever seen against Iowa that cost THE TEAM the game. But hey, he threw for 400+ meaningless yards in the meantime. Woo hoo! :whackit:

I'm glad Gettis is gone, too. Are you going to squirt blood past your tampon at me over that as well?

|Zach|
05-09-2011, 02:33 PM

For the sake of Gabbert?

Absolutely.

|Zach|
05-09-2011, 02:33 PM
LOL at you, you bloated pile of shit. It doesn't matter if you win or lose, all that matters is Zackipoo got a good picture of it!

And it wasn't THE TEAM that threw the most horrible interception I've ever seen against Iowa that cost THE TEAM the game. But hey, he threw for 400+ meaningless yards in the meantime. Woo hoo! :whackit:

I'm glad Gettis is gone, too. Are you going to squirt blood past your tampon at me over that as well?
Ew.

DJ's left nut
05-09-2011, 02:35 PM
Who gives a shit? What he accomplished in 2007 more than made up for it. And while Gabbert didn't have Daniel's receivers, Daniel didn't have Gabbert's offensive line.

Apparently I'm the only Missouri fan on the entire fucking board who cares about results.

The. End.

No.

You just appear to be the only one that lays the results exclusively at the feet of the quarterback.

Daniel never beat a team as good as the Oklahoma squad that Gabbert took care of last season and Gabbert did it with far less talent around him. Daniel rode a white-hot offense and a fortunate 2007 schedule. In so doing, he still lost to the same team twice and didn't actually get anything done.

The results? With as much talent around him as any quarterback in the conference (arguably country) and a comfort level with the offense that essentially made him an offensive coordinator on the field, Chase Daniel won 0 conference championships. Oh sure, he won a couple of soft division championships, but since when did that count as 'results'?

His 2008 season, with the weapons and talent surrounding him, offset the glories (such as they were) of the 2007 squad. Had he actually won the conference, maybe I'd think otherwise. But all told, I don't think we'll be talking about the glories of that 2007 north division championship in a decade. If we are, the program would have truly bottomed out.

Don't hold yourself out as some uber-fan just because you refuse to recongize Daniel's failings or give Gabbert credit for his strengths. Like anyone else, you see what you want to see.

|Zach|
05-09-2011, 02:36 PM
No.

You just appear to be the only one that lays the results exclusively at the feet of the quarterback.

Daniel never beat a team as good as the Oklahoma squad that Gabbert took care of last season and Gabbert did it with far less talent around him. Daniel rode a white-hot offense and a fortunate 2007 schedule. In so doing, he still lost to the same team twice and didn't actually get anything done.

The results? With as much talent around him as any quarterback in the conference (arguably country) and a comfort level with the offense that essentially made him an offensive coordinator on the field, Chase Daniel won 0 conference championships. Oh sure, he won a couple of soft division championships, but since when did that count as 'results'?

His 2008 season, with the weapons and talent surrounding him, offset the glories of the 2007 squad. Had he actually won the conference, maybe I'd think otherwise. But all told, I don't think we'll be talking about the glories of that 2007 north division championship in a decade. If we are, the program would have truly bottomed out.

Don't hold yourself out as some uber-fan just because you refuse to recongize Daniel's failings or give Gabbert credit for his strengths. Like anyone else, you see what you want to see.

This is all true. I don't even hate on Daniel. I appreciate what the guy did....

|Zach|
05-09-2011, 02:40 PM
According to Dave Matter Tyler Gabbert will consider Arizona, Clemson, Iowa, Louisville and Wake Forest

eazyb81
05-09-2011, 02:40 PM

Probably.

Year in and year out, it is much easier to compete for the QB job at Nebraska than at Mizzou.

Titty Meat
05-09-2011, 02:45 PM
Probably.

Year in and year out, it is much easier to compete for the QB job at Nebraska than at Mizzou.

He would have gotten a chance last year however this year i'd argue from a talent level it's the same at both schools loaded with 4* stars.

Titty Meat
05-09-2011, 02:47 PM
According to Dave Matter Tyler Gabbert will consider Arizona, Clemson, Iowa, Louisville and Wake Forest

Zona would be ideal. He can sit out this year and then replace Foles.

Frazod
05-09-2011, 02:58 PM
No.

His 2008 season, with the weapons and talent surrounding him, offset the glories (such as they were) of the 2007 squad. Had he actually won the conference, maybe I'd think otherwise. But all told, I don't think we'll be talking about the glories of that 2007 north division championship in a decade. If we are, the program would have truly bottomed out.

Playing Oklahoma minus Bradford in Columbia = playing Oklahoma in Norman and at a neutral site with Bradford. Yeah, sure.

And while Daniel didn't win any conference championships, he did win numerous big games, including the Cotton Bowl and the most meaningful game we ever played against Kansas. He also made Nebraska his bitch, which is pretty much the exact polar opposite of what Gabbert did. All of this equals or exceeds Gabbert's one big game, IMO. Don't get me wrong - I loved that Missouri beat Oklahoma last year, but in the end, it meant nothing. The following week it all swirled down the drain at Lincoln, while Oklahoma regrouped and won the conference.

I realize that the team had major defensive issues, but when it comes to playing real teams they always have. And I don't hate Gabbert - I just don't get the endless ball washing. Maybe if I was down there, I would. But I'm in Big 10 hell, and for every MU fan I see there are five snickering Nebraska fans and 10 snickering Hawkeye fans.

I'll leave you guys to your Gabbert love in now. Seriously, have fun. Maybe if you write him nice letters he'll send you all free Jaguar jerseys.

Pitt Gorilla
05-09-2011, 03:03 PM

Apparently I'm the only Missouri fan on the entire ****ing board who cares about results. And by that I mean results for MISSOURI, not Jacksonville or Gabbert's agent. I don't give a shit a Jacksonville, nor will I ever.

Daniel delivered. Gabbert failed.

The. End.Gabbert says that MU QBs (from our spread) can be drafted in the top 10; Daniel said those QBs should be FA pickups. THAT makes a huge difference in recruiting.

Pitt Gorilla
05-09-2011, 03:04 PM
Decent take from a guy in RMNI still think he could have competed with Franklin. Oh well.

Pitt Gorilla
05-09-2011, 03:05 PM
Guess he should have stayed with his original school?LMAO Does NU even employ a QB?

Titty Meat
05-09-2011, 03:07 PM
LMAO Does NU even employ a QB?

The Freshmen was pretty good until he injured his foot.

Pitt Gorilla
05-09-2011, 03:09 PM
The Freshmen was pretty good until he injured his foot.I thought he was a running back.

eazyb81
05-09-2011, 03:19 PM
I still think he could have competed with Franklin. Oh well.

Oh he definitely could have.

The simple fact is that he pussed out. The competition was too close to call going into the fall, and he didn't want to risk losing it and miss out on not playing for two years (not playing in 2011, sitting out 2012 during to transfer).

I wish he would have stayed, but I'm not losing sleep over a QB that lacks competitiveness.

alanm
05-09-2011, 04:55 PM
I've a feeling Gabbert would rather the job be handed to him then actually face competition for the starting job.
He's going to find out that that's what he's going to run into where ever he transfers to.

LiveSteam
05-09-2011, 05:49 PM
I'll leave you guys to your Gabbert love in now. Seriously, have fun. Maybe if you write him nice letters he'll send you all free Jaguar jerseys.

LMAO