PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Anyone think Chase Utley comes back strong?

The Bad Guy
05-09-2011, 10:16 PM
I'm having my doubts. Phils with him are disgusting, but I just don't think you can play with a bone on bone injury.

I got offered an interesting trade for him in fantasy baseball. Mat Latos and Chapman from the Reds. I'm debating it. But a lot depends on if Utley can come back.

CaliforniaChief
05-09-2011, 10:17 PM
I think he'll be fine...I wouldn't take that deal.

The Bad Guy
05-09-2011, 10:18 PM
I think he'll be fine...I wouldn't take that deal.

I'm leaning against it. His injury though is concerning.

Titty Meat
05-09-2011, 10:26 PM
Who gives a shit?

Sure-Oz
05-09-2011, 10:27 PM
I'd do the trade, whos your starting 2b?

Bill Lundberg
05-10-2011, 06:26 AM
. Sat, May 7
2B Chase Utley (right knee patellar tendinitis) went 5-for-7 with two solo homers and an infield single in an extended spring training game Saturday. It was the first game for Utley, who also played four innings in the field. The plan is for Utley to do as much work as he can at his own pace. Utley could work hard one day and not at all the next and there is no timetable for his return.

Tue, May 10
Utley (knee) played in his second extended spring training game Tuesday and was 1-for-7 with two strikeouts, the Philadelphia Inquirer reports.

Pedro
05-10-2011, 06:31 AM
I'm having my doubts. Phils with him are disgusting, but I just don't think you can play with a bone on bone injury.

I got offered an interesting trade for him in fantasy baseball. Mat Latos and Chapman from the Reds. I'm debating it. But a lot depends on if Utley can come back.
At least it was a legitimate offer. Some dumbass in my fantasy baseball league (and it's a keeper league) offered me Kila Ka'aihue straight up for Eric Hosmer over the weekend. When I rejected the trade he added Rafael Furcal and made the offer again.

I rejected his offer and countered with Juan Pierre for Matt Holliday. I think he finally got the message.

Bill Lundberg
05-10-2011, 06:37 AM
Si, Si Pedro...

Hey bartender! I THINK JOBU NEEDS A REFILL

Pedro
05-10-2011, 06:38 AM
Si, Si Pedro...

Hey bartender! I THINK JOBU NEEDS A REFILL
Yo quiero Taco Bell.

The Bad Guy
05-10-2011, 06:54 AM
I'd do the trade, whos your starting 2b?

Polanco and Martin Prado.

I just don't think Latos is an upgrade right now. I need to get a #2 arm in the worst way. I have Cliff Lee, and then a bunch of nothing highlighted by Francisco Liriano, Jair Jurjjens, Ricky Romero, Madison Bumgarner and Bud Norris.

Though, most of those guys have outpitched Latos so far. I think his preseason injury hasn't healed. He just doesn't look the same as he did last year.

The Bad Guy
05-10-2011, 06:54 AM
At least it was a legitimate offer. Some dumbass in my fantasy baseball league (and it's a keeper league) offered me Kila Ka'aihue straight up for Eric Hosmer over the weekend. When I rejected the trade he added Rafael Furcal and made the offer again.

I rejected his offer and countered with Juan Pierre for Matt Holliday. I think he finally got the message.

Gotta love morons who think their trash is worth valuable pieces.

We have guys like that in my league.

Demonpenz
05-10-2011, 08:45 AM

I don't think Kila is even in the Majors right now

Rams Fan
05-10-2011, 08:50 AM
I offered Gregerson for Melky.

The guy has his RP on the DL. If he says no to it, he's crazy.

Pedro
05-10-2011, 09:01 AM
I don't think Kila is even in the Majors right now
He's not. And he may never be in the Majors with the Royals again, considering how crowded it is at 1B/DH.