PDA

View Full Version : Life True Cure for Cancer???

Chief Roundup
05-14-2011, 10:41 AM
http://hubpages.com/hub/Scientists_cure_cancer__but_no_one_takes_notice

Canadian researchers find a simple cure for cancer, but major pharmaceutical companies are not interested.

Researchers at the University of Alberta, in Edmonton, Canada have cured cancer last week, yet there is a little ripple in the news or in TV. It is a simple technique using very basic drug. The method employs dichloroacetate, which is currently used to treat metabolic disorders. So, there is no concern of side effects or about their long term effects.

This drug doesn’t require a patent, so anyone can employ it widely and cheaply compared to the costly cancer drugs produced by major pharmaceutical companies.

Canadian scientists tested this dichloroacetate (DCA) on human’s cells; it killed lung, breast and brain cancer cells and left the healthy cells alone. It was tested on Rats inflicted with severe tumors; their cells shrank when they were fed with water supplemented with DCA. The drug is widely available and the technique is easy to use, why the major drug companies are not involved? Or the Media interested in this find?

Why is it that if there is not a boat load of money to be made most don't give a crap??
Is this real?

Reaper16
05-14-2011, 10:45 AM
lol

Thig Lyfe
05-14-2011, 10:46 AM
SEEMS LEGIT TO ME

Bump
05-14-2011, 10:54 AM
if true, the creators and everyone involved are about to die.

There will never, never, never ever ever ever ever be a cure. There is just too much money to lose on a cure and that's the bottom line.

Fish
05-14-2011, 10:59 AM
This is like 5 years old....

"But as of late 2009, no studies in humans have yet shown that DCA can help treat cancer. Available evidence does not support the use of DCA for cancer treatment at this time."

Not to mention: "The US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has listed dichloroacetic acid as "likely" to be a cancer-causing agent in humans."

http://www.cancer.org/Treatment/TreatmentsandSideE (http://www.cancer.org/Treatment/TreatmentsandSideEffects/ComplementaryandAlternativeMedicine/PharmacologicalandBiologicalTreatment/dichloroacetate--dca-)

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-14-2011, 11:00 AM
I used to tell my girlfriend to rub semen on her face to help her complexion.

Chief Roundup
05-14-2011, 11:13 AM

"But as of late 2009, no studies in humans have yet shown that DCA can help treat cancer. Available evidence does not support the use of DCA for cancer treatment at this time."

Not to mention: "The US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has listed dichloroacetic acid as "likely" to be a cancer-causing agent in humans."

http://www.cancer.org/Treatment/TreatmentsandSideE (http://www.cancer.org/Treatment/TreatmentsandSideEffects/ComplementaryandAlternativeMedicine/PharmacologicalandBiologicalTreatment/dichloroacetate--dca-)

Canadian scientists tested this dichloroacetate (DCA) on human’s cells; it killed lung, breast and brain cancer cells and left the healthy cells alone.

I have a hard time trusting an orginization that makes as much money as cancer illness and research generates for them.

bishop_74
05-14-2011, 11:18 AM
http://www.cancer.org/AboutUs/DrLensBlog/post/2010/05/14/More-On-Dichloroacetate-(DCA)-In-Cancer-Treatment.aspx

How would I characterize this report?

Simply stated, the science is intriguing and I believe is something to be pursued both in the lab and in the clinic. BUT, and this is a big but, it is not a cure for glioblastoma or any other cancer based on these results.

kstater
05-14-2011, 11:26 AM
I'm surprised Ari isn't all over this one.

seamonster
05-14-2011, 11:27 AM
I'm going through treatment for a curable form of stage-III cancer in my back by the lymphnodes. Just one week of chemo and a four day stay in the hospital tallied up something like forty thousand dollars in hospital bills. If they find a cheap cure for cancer somebody somewhere would be out of a few billion dollars in poisonous chemo drugs.

Bump
05-14-2011, 11:28 AM
I'm going through treatment for a curable form of stage-III cancer in my back by the lymphnodes. Just one week of chemo and a four day stay in the hospital tallied up something like forty thousand dollars in hospital bills. If they find a cheap cure for cancer somebody somewhere would be out of a few billion dollars in poisonous chemo drugs.

sorry to hear that. It's fucking criminal that would cost $40K. It's criminal and nothing will ever be done about it. It's so fucking corrupt, soon your health insurance will drop you and you might die because of that. Sorry to hear it, I really am.

Saul Good
05-14-2011, 11:34 AM

There will never, never, never ever ever ever ever be a cure. There is just too much money to lose on a cure and that's the bottom line.

You don't think the insurance companies would bring this to light? Its not like they would want to save themselves billions or anything, right?

Bump
05-14-2011, 11:37 AM
You don't think the insurance companies would bring this to light? Its not like they would want to save themselves billions or anything, right?

health insurance companies are already making billions, they are in on it too.

Chief Roundup
05-14-2011, 11:50 AM

Health Insurance companies make a ton of money off of Cancer policies. And then when they hit the max payout they cancel your insurance and you can't get coverage anymore.

Okie_Apparition
05-14-2011, 11:52 AM
They were french canadian rats, of course the cancer just gave up

nstygma
05-14-2011, 12:04 PM

from wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dichloroacetic_acid#Results_of_phase_II_clinical_trials):
Owing to the highly corrosive action of the acid, only the salts of dichloroacetic acid are used therapeutically, including its sodium and potassium salts, sodium dichloroacetate and potassium dichloroacetate

also, an old article from newscientist.com
http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn10971-cheap-safe-drug-kills-most-cancers.html

boogblaster
05-14-2011, 12:05 PM
its a shame but its true .. money is the only factor ....

Demonpenz
05-14-2011, 12:29 PM
watching the Jimmy V speech, we haven't really made much progress since 1993. Although the mlb uses pink bats.

Chris Meck
05-14-2011, 12:42 PM

this is why SOME things should not be market driven.

Marcellus
05-14-2011, 12:51 PM
I wonder what the effects a cure for cancer would have on the world population in 25 years or so.

Not saying it is a legitimate reason to hide a cure, just thinking I bet we would be screwed in a hurry.

Or mother nature would create another equalizer.

seamonster
05-14-2011, 01:53 PM
sorry to hear that. It's ****ing criminal that would cost $40K. It's criminal and nothing will ever be done about it. It's so ****ing corrupt, soon your health insurance will drop you and you might die because of that. Sorry to hear it, I really am.

Honestly appreciate the good words, but my cancer is curable as long as it's treated. I got diagnosed the third day on the job and my insurance company allowed me to pick a premium that only required me to pay 1K out of pocket, not counting co-pays. I've pretty much become religous and have had to take back all the things I've said about the dick insurance companies. I agree there's money being made in the business of cancer though.

BTW. I'm only twenty nine, so I'm the poster-boy for why not having insurance or seeing a doctor could destory you with bills and tennis ball sized tumors.

CrazyPhuD
05-14-2011, 04:15 PM
I heard you can put the same stuff in your car and get 100mpg. Seems like a wonder material!

The Poz
05-14-2011, 04:25 PM
They were french canadian rats, of course the cancer just gave up

Hey, watch it! Oh, you were taking about the French Canadians. Carry on.

mikey23545
05-14-2011, 04:38 PM
I see there seems to be an outbreak of brain cancer in this thread...

Simplex3
05-14-2011, 05:30 PM
this is why SOME things should not be market driven.

Yeah, governments aren't full of the same greedy people.

Rain Man
05-14-2011, 07:34 PM
I wonder what the effects a cure for cancer would have on the world population in 25 years or so.

Not saying it is a legitimate reason to hide a cure, just thinking I bet we would be screwed in a hurry.

Or mother nature would create another equalizer.

I have a theory that as a disease gets cured, it inevitably leads to the emergence of a new disease that hits five years later in life. Back when people died at 45 Alzheimer's wasn't an issue. If we cure cancer and Alzheimer's people will start getting some kind of disease that makes their limbs fall off, or some kind of disease that makes them attack other people with hatchets.

go bo
05-14-2011, 08:11 PM
I used to tell my girlfriend to rub semen on her face to help her complexion.
yours or the boar's?

alnorth
05-14-2011, 09:05 PM
health insurance companies are already making billions, they are in on it too.

This statement is pretty ignorant.

Higher treatment costs do not lead to a higher profit for insurance companies. Setting aside the fact that they would be interested in a lower-cost treatment to reduce claim expenses, whether the ultimate expected annual cost is $X or $2X, they tack on a profit and expense load on top of whatever the claim cost is either way.

In fact, if the treatment cost was low, that would be preferable because the wild volatility and the risk of a bad year would decrease, and the book of insurance policies would be a more stable and reliable source of profit.

Dave Lane
05-14-2011, 09:51 PM
This statement is pretty ignorant.

Higher treatment costs do not lead to a higher profit for insurance companies. Setting aside the fact that they would be interested in a lower-cost treatment to reduce claim expenses, whether the ultimate expected annual cost is $X or $2X, they tack on a profit and expense load on top of whatever the claim cost is either way.

In fact, if the treatment cost was low, that would be preferable because the wild volatility and the risk of a bad year would decrease, and the book of insurance policies would be a more stable and reliable source of profit.

I wouldn't suspect insurance companies even if this were true which it is not. Now drug companies...

When is the last drug that came out that cures anything? There's no profit in that. One that alleviates the symptoms but require a lifetime of usage thats a drug company's wonder drug. :thumb:

DJJasonp
05-15-2011, 08:54 AM
I have a theory that as a disease gets cured, it inevitably leads to the emergence of a new disease that hits five years later in life. Back when people died at 45 Alzheimer's wasn't an issue. If we cure cancer and Alzheimer's people will start getting some kind of disease that makes their limbs fall off, or some kind of disease that makes them attack other people with hatchets.

Funny you should mention this (and this thread for that matter).......if you have never heard of Raymond Rife....you should check out these two links:

http://www.whale.to/v/rife.html

http://www.rife.org/

Saul Good
05-15-2011, 09:00 AM
Health Insurance companies make a ton of money off of Cancer policies. And then when they hit the max payout they cancel your insurance and you can't get coverage anymore.

Insurance companies are about to lose their existence via nationalization. I'm pretty sure they don't want their prices to keep going up.

kstater
05-15-2011, 10:41 AM
This shit hit facebook. Now millions of retards are gonna start posting it.

Brock
05-15-2011, 10:42 AM
This shit hit facebook. Now millions of retards are gonna start posting it.

I did my part!