PDA

View Full Version : Life How many people attended your wedding?

El Jefe
05-16-2011, 08:06 AM
Between our church family/friends/our families we invited over 500, we have 325+ confirmed right now. It is going to be tight seating lol. How many people attended your wedding?

Rain Man
05-16-2011, 08:08 AM
Counting the judge, one. Not counting the judge, zero. And it was the perfect wedding.

Fire Me Boy!
05-16-2011, 08:09 AM
I can't remember for sure, but I'd guess 75-100. We kept it fairly small.

Dayze
I think about 225.

my side of the family/friends...about 20. lol

Phobia
Around 150 but it was televised at about 4:00 AM and there were watch parties.

seclark
05-16-2011, 08:11 AM
maybe 30-35...
jeez, you're going to have a big fucking wedding. gonna have to feed all those people?
sec

luv
05-16-2011, 08:13 AM
Holy moly. How much is this wedding costing you per head?

Dr. Johnny Fever
05-16-2011, 08:14 AM
20-25... we had it in a small place and only invited immediate family and a few friends. The divorce was celebrated by many though.

gblowfish
05-16-2011, 08:14 AM
Between 100 and 200 I think. It was a long time ago...

KCUnited
05-16-2011, 08:16 AM
Wife and I flew to the Caribbean by ourselves to get married. Island law required us to be there for 48 hours before they would marry us. Within that 48 hours, we accumulated 5 other couples at the pool bar that attended our wedding. 11 people counting the lady that married us.

El Jefe
05-16-2011, 08:16 AM
I think about 225.

my side of the family/friends...about 20. lol

Haha thats like me, the only friends I invited are my groomsman. 95% of my family lives in NC and they aren't coming in.

Lono
05-16-2011, 08:23 AM
About 150. That was too many for me. No we didn't feed them.

NewChief
05-16-2011, 08:27 AM
About 75 at the ceremony. Reception was around 200. Yes we fed them and had an open bar. Rowdy.

ChiTown
05-16-2011, 08:29 AM
It was an out of town wedding and we still had about 125-150. I think my FIL spent a damn fortune on this deal.

El Jefe
05-16-2011, 08:31 AM
maybe 30-35...
jeez, you're going to have a big ****ing wedding. gonna have to feed all those people?
sec

Holy moly. How much is this wedding costing you per head?

Well we are having the wedding at 1:30 so we aren't offering a sit down meal, we can't find a place big enough to accomodate that many people affordably around our area.

Just to give you an idea, there are 65 in the wedding party, and the rehersal dinner is running about $1300. We are having it at a restaraunt, we priced what it would be to cater it at our church, but with clean up it's only a few hundred cheaper.

Steron
05-16-2011, 08:33 AM
300 the first time
150 the second time

NewChief
05-16-2011, 08:37 AM
It was an out of town wedding and we still had about 125-150. I think my FIL spent a damn fortune on this deal.

Ours was out of town as well. I think that $20,000 is probably a conservative number on how much it ended up costing. It was awesome and all... but I'm glad I don't have daughters and won't be expected to shell out that kind of dough.

Dave Lane
05-16-2011, 08:38 AM
Counting the judge, one. Not counting the judge, zero. And it was the perfect wedding.

THAT

is the perfect wedding.

luv
05-16-2011, 08:41 AM

Didn't you need two witnesses?

Frazod
05-16-2011, 08:47 AM
Never really thought about it. Probably 200-300. Of course, I had absolutely nothing to do with the planning - it was basically the inlaws' wedding, I was just standing in the middle. But they paid for it, so I really didn't care. Although I'd much rather have eloped and taken whatever they spent, because it must have been a small fortune.

Iowanian
05-16-2011, 08:47 AM
Eleventy-Thousand

DaFace
05-16-2011, 08:49 AM
65ish. I don't think I would have liked it if it were much bigger than that.

El Jefe
05-16-2011, 08:50 AM
Ours was out of town as well. I think that $20,000 is probably a conservative number on how much it ended up costing. It was awesome and all... but I'm glad I don't have daughters and won't be expected to shell out that kind of dough.

WOW

Los Pollos Hermanos
05-16-2011, 08:54 AM
Got married in a chapel in Vegas. I think there was 20 people there.

NewChief
05-16-2011, 08:55 AM
WOW

We put up people in hotel rooms for 3 nights in Eureka Springs, paid for several dinners for large groups of people, furnished kegs and such for each night at the hotel, rented out a chapel, rented a ballroom, had a sitdown dinner at the reception, open bar for the first two hours of the reception (then wine and beer after that), photography, flowers, wedding dress, tuxes, etc.. etc..

My parents did the rehearsal dinner, which was probably only a couple of grand (a friend catered catfish, so it wasn't that pricey).

EyePod
05-16-2011, 08:59 AM
HOLY CRAP. That's a ton. Just had mine 2 Saturday's ago. 126 people including us. The gifts we got paid for the reception. Everything else was out of pocket. Probably ended up being ~23k total. We had the wedding on site at the hotel, so it was wedding, cocktail hour inside, reception upstairs, after party down the hall. Everyone seemed to have a good time.

I'll post a pic of me holding up a surprise Chiefs garter that the wife was wearing. Good Stuff.

AndChiefs
05-16-2011, 09:00 AM

Perhaps I'm mistaken but don't you have to have a witness? Or do they just provide someone to sign that part?

AndChiefs
05-16-2011, 09:02 AM

Heh, didn't read the whole thread guess you'd already covered this question.

Frazod
05-16-2011, 09:09 AM
Not the biggest wedding I ever attended, but definitely the coolest - one of my best friends got married on a 150 foot yacht anchored just off Liberty Island in New York Harbor. Ceremony and reception on the boat. That night happened to be the 100th anniversary of the formation of the five burroughs into New York City, so we got to watch the biggest fireworks display I've ever personally seen from the water. It was awesome.

Ebolapox
05-16-2011, 09:15 AM
around 50 or so (can't recall the exact number)

El Jefe
05-16-2011, 09:17 AM
HOLY CRAP. That's a ton. Just had mine 2 Saturday's ago. 126 people including us. The gifts we got paid for the reception. Everything else was out of pocket. Probably ended up being ~23k total. We had the wedding on site at the hotel, so it was wedding, cocktail hour inside, reception upstairs, after party down the hall. Everyone seemed to have a good time.

I'll post a pic of me holding up a surprise Chiefs garter that the wife was wearing. Good Stuff.

Good sweet Lord!

seclark
05-16-2011, 09:21 AM
We put up people in hotel rooms for 3 nights in Eureka Springs, paid for several dinners for large groups of people, furnished kegs and such for each night at the hotel, rented out a chapel, rented a ballroom, had a sitdown dinner at the reception, open bar for the first two hours of the reception (then wine and beer after that), photography, flowers, wedding dress, tuxes, etc.. etc..

My parents did the rehearsal dinner, which was probably only a couple of grand (a friend catered catfish, so it wasn't that pricey).

my son's wedding in connecticut was pretty crazy like that. her parents spent a fortune. they had limos pick us up at the hotel and take us to the church and to the reception. open bar...fancy ass foods and pastries. fuckin ice sculptures all over the place. i was a little embarrassed walking in, dressed in a tux and packing a cooler w/a 6pack of busch light.
sec

ChiTown
05-16-2011, 09:22 AM
Good sweet Lord!

I got married in '93. I think the cost of the wedding/reception was +$25K

philfree
05-16-2011, 09:28 AM
3 at the wedding which was at Love's Chapple in Lake Tahoe. The reception was in Springfield though and it drew a larger crowd. 50 to a 100 maybe:shrug:

PhilFree:arrow:

EyePod
05-16-2011, 09:32 AM
Good sweet Lord!

Oh yeah, I know. Thank god the gifts paid for the reception. We budgeted for 30k, so coming in that low was awesome. Paid all in cash too, so us getting that gift amount was great. We're able to get a new bedroom set and a 2nd car soon without having to take a loan. But yeah, it was ridiculously expensive.

90 bucks a head for the reception adds up QUICKLY. Best part was 2 months after signing our contract, they bumped it up another 20 bucks a head. Thank god we booked it early. Wife just did a stand up job on the whole thing.

Rain Man
Perhaps I'm mistaken but don't you have to have a witness? Or do they just provide someone to sign that part?

Apparently in Texas you don't need any witnesses. I think in many other states you do. I think the only rule in Texas (or at least in Travis County) was that we had to get the license 24 or 48 hours ahead of time.

We had a 9:00 appointment and were married at 9:03. By 9:10 we were back in the car and headed off on the honeymoon. I highly recommend this approach.

Fat Elvis
Well we are having the wedding at 1:30 so we aren't offering a sit down meal, we can't find a place big enough to accomodate that many people affordably around our area.

Just to give you an idea, there are 65 in the wedding party, and the rehersal dinner is running about $1300. We are having it at a restaraunt, we priced what it would be to cater it at our church, but with clean up it's only a few hundred cheaper.

$20 a head is dirt cheap. I've never heard of anything like that; are you having the rehearsal dinner at McDonalds?

Simplex3
05-16-2011, 09:33 AM
Under 50. My wife and I each had one person stand up for us, so the wedding party was microscopic as well. It was going to be her mom's only chance at a wedding out of 4 kids, so I felt like we needed to do something. My parents would have paid us cash to elope.

EyePod
05-16-2011, 09:33 AM
my son's wedding in connecticut was pretty crazy like that. her parents spent a fortune. they had limos pick us up at the hotel and take us to the church and to the reception. open bar...fancy ass foods and pastries. ****in ice sculptures all over the place. i was a little embarrassed walking in, dressed in a tux and packing a cooler w/a 6pack of busch light.
sec

Haha, our place was too fancy for our crowd too. Most of my family are all hunters and have never been that close to Philadelphia. I was told "I've never seen anyone drink like that group did." Cops were almost called, beer runs were necessary for the after party. Such a good time...

Simplex3
05-16-2011, 09:35 AM
We had a 9:00 appointment and were married at 9:03. By 9:10 we were back in the car and headed off on the honeymoon. I highly recommend this approach.

That was about the length of our service. The pastor asked if we had any preferences and I told him this was what I wanted:

Pastor: "Do you?"
Her: "Yes."
Me: "Yes."
Pastor: "You are."

Turns out it needed to be slightly longer.

The Franchise
05-16-2011, 09:38 AM
50-60

phisherman
05-16-2011, 09:44 AM
50-60. Cost us a little over 5k all together. Our parents didn't help us much and we had just purchased a house. We also didn't make that much money and knew we didn't want to pay on our wedding expenses for years.

EyePod
05-16-2011, 09:45 AM
That was about the length of our service. The pastor asked if we had any preferences and I told him this was what I wanted:

Her: "Yes."
Me: "Yes."
Pastor: "You are."

Turns out it needed to be slightly longer.

Our family didn't like that we weren't getting married in a church. We had a non-relilgious ceremony done by a guy who is technically a rabbi. He has hundreds of different readings that you incorporate into a ceremony that you build. Kind of makes it a little more special, and everyone seemed to like it. I get the short and sweet thing, but kind of annoying for all the people who make the drive in that case.

The best part is that in front of everyone, I don't even remember what I said. Just kind of repeated what he said and that was it.

AndChiefs
05-16-2011, 09:48 AM
Apparently in Texas you don't need any witnesses. I think in many other states you do. I think the only rule in Texas (or at least in Travis County) was that we had to get the license 24 or 48 hours ahead of time.

Interesting. Learn something new every day I guess.

seclark
05-16-2011, 09:48 AM
Haha, our place was too fancy for our crowd too. Most of my family are all hunters and have never been that close to Philadelphia. I was told "I've never seen anyone drink like that group did." Cops were almost called, beer runs were necessary for the after party. Such a good time...

yeah, my brother chucked a piece of swordfish steak at my sister and hit a lady at the next table...started a food fight. buncha drunks on both sides of the family.;)
sec

Rain Man
05-16-2011, 09:52 AM
Our family didn't like that we weren't getting married in a church. We had a non-relilgious ceremony done by a guy who is technically a rabbi. He has hundreds of different readings that you incorporate into a ceremony that you build. Kind of makes it a little more special, and everyone seemed to like it. I get the short and sweet thing, but kind of annoying for all the people who make the drive in that case.

The best part is that in front of everyone, I don't even remember what I said. Just kind of repeated what he said and that was it.

When my sister had her wedding, she never thought to ask the pastor what he would say. (In fairness, I wouldn't have either at that age.) Mistake Number 2 was that she took the recommendation of a much older old-school relative on what church to use, since the wedding wasn't in our hometown. So when he's doing the vows the pastor starts saying a bunch of stuff about how the woman is lesser than the man, and the woman knows the man runs the household and the woman should basically keep her mouth shut, and I could tell my sister was more than a bit surprised up there in her wedding gown, and I could see her friends in the audience looking at each other, and as a guy I thought it was all pretty funny. But I don't think she did.

Fritz88
05-16-2011, 09:52 AM
Thank God I am single

El Jefe
05-16-2011, 09:58 AM
Oh yeah, I know. Thank god the gifts paid for the reception. We budgeted for 30k, so coming in that low was awesome. Paid all in cash too, so us getting that gift amount was great. We're able to get a new bedroom set and a 2nd car soon without having to take a loan. But yeah, it was ridiculously expensive.

90 bucks a head for the reception adds up QUICKLY. Best part was 2 months after signing our contract, they bumped it up another 20 bucks a head. Thank god we booked it early. Wife just did a stand up job on the whole thing.

I think I just fainted.

El Jefe
05-16-2011, 09:59 AM
$20 a head is dirt cheap. I've never heard of anything like that; are you having the rehearsal dinner at McDonalds?

No actually at Spaghetti Warehouse, it's a pretty upscale place IMO. It's not Smith and Wollensky, but it's nice.

NewChief
05-16-2011, 10:02 AM
I think I just fainted.

Remember, he's on the east coast. Things are way, way more expensive there. $90 a head would be insanely high in this area.

vailpass
05-16-2011, 10:02 AM
Somewhere arond 40 people. We had it in the backyard of a close friend's house.

tooge
05-16-2011, 10:07 AM
probably around 125 attended the actual wedding, but a solid 300 of my closest mooching friends showed up at the reception to drink free beer.

cdcox
05-16-2011, 10:16 AM
Probably around 75. We held it in Columbia, MO and everyone had to travel. It was less than $1000 including hors devours for the guests.

keg in kc
05-16-2011, 10:22 AM
8 maybe. It was in my living room. I was really into the idea of marriage.

DaKCMan AP
05-16-2011, 10:25 AM

Hey, that's a big deal in Hong Kong!

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/foodwine/2014359941_mcweddings01.html

Spott
05-16-2011, 10:37 AM
I got married in one of those little wedding chapels in Vegas so it was only 4. If I would have paid and extra $35, I could have had Elvis show up but I wasn't an Elvis fan. I would have paid for Jimi Hendrix or Bob Marley but they weren't available.

Lzen
05-16-2011, 10:42 AM
Don't remember for sure, but I think between 100-150.

cdcox
05-16-2011, 10:53 AM

When my daughter eventually gets married, I would like to hire you as her wedding planner. I will pay you $1000 if you can execute a similar plan for her and keep my wife from finding out.

Davechief
05-16-2011, 11:04 AM
Not counting the minister, just the cab driver we had witness it. Vegas Baby!

Rain Man
05-16-2011, 11:21 AM
When my daughter eventually gets married, I would like to hire you as her wedding planner. I will pay you $1000 if you can execute a similar plan for her and keep my wife from finding out.

Y'know, that's a really good business idea. I go find brides' fathers and we do something like the following:

1. When wedding is inevitable, bride's father frets about the cost, and perhaps creates some imaginary feud with the groom's father. Says something about meeting him 20 years ago and the groom's father owes him money.

2. Bride's father pays for bride and groom to go a nice restaurant for a meal. I sit nearby, close enough to accidentally overhear the conversation. I then start a casual chat with "I couldn't help but overhear", and expound on the advantages of eloping.

3. In the course of this conversation, I provide some sort of checklist for how to tell when your parents would be fine with eloping. Casual questions that the bride can ask, and that sort of thing. Of course, the parents would already have these questions and the preferred answers.

4. If bride and groom eventually elope, I get 20 percent of the cost of a wedding. Bride's father later realizes that the feud involved someone with a slightly different spelling of the last name of the groom's father, e.g., Smythe instead of Smith. All is well.

5. Everyone lives happily ever after.

A man could make a good living that way.

1adam1238
05-16-2011, 12:28 PM
which one? I have had 4

MOhillbilly
05-16-2011, 12:36 PM
my cousin cant rub two pennies together and sent out 500 invites. lol. CAnt wait.

Frankie
05-16-2011, 12:36 PM
Between our church family/friends/our families we invited over 500, we have 325+ confirmed right now. It is going to be tight seating lol. How many people attended your wedding?

1977 - 120+/-

2007 - 108

At this rate my third wedding (2037) will have less than 100.

Stewie
05-16-2011, 12:38 PM
my cousin cant rub tow pennies together and sent out 500 invites. lol. CAnt wait.

LMAO

They want gifts! The dinner is bologna sandwiches with beer you brought in a cooler.

FishingRod
05-16-2011, 12:46 PM
11 Including the Preacher, me and the Wife and two people doing the Photography. Unless you count the other people that happened to be on the beach at the time

MOhillbilly
05-16-2011, 12:51 PM
LMAO

They want gifts! The dinner is bologna sandwiches with beer you brought in a cooler.

This is no lie. Tryin to set up his gift/ where to buy thingy in cash so they can go to hawaii for the whatever it is at the end.

Pfffttt..LMAO Fucker aint had a fulltime job for more than 6 months since he got outta HS, almost 30 now

He was gonna have me do the Q, didnt want to but told him i would. Ran it by him what was needed and he found someone to do it for 50$(he says).

seclark
05-16-2011, 12:53 PM
This is no lie. Tryin to set up his gift/ where to buy thingy in cash so they can go to hawaii for the whatever it is at the end.

Pfffttt..LMAO ****er aint had a fulltime job for more than 6 months since he got outta HS, almost 30 now

He was gonna have me do the Q, didnt want to but told him i would. Ran it by him what was needed and he found someone to do it for 50$(he says).

$50??? what's everyone eatin...roadkill?;)
sec

MOhillbilly
05-16-2011, 01:01 PM
$50??? what's everyone eatin...roadkill?;)
sec

Dude, so him and a female cousin are down Sat. afternoon. I ask her what she thinks about him gettin hitched after 10 years. She looks at me stunnedLMAO noone on the KC side has any idea!:clap:

But his old lady is hittin(me) up FB about it everyday. She wanted people addys to send out invites....i bet she got 5-6 replies.

Jewish Rabbi
05-16-2011, 01:06 PM
Jesus Christ. We either need to change chiefsfan's name to luv or get him one of those megathreads.

mlyonsd
05-16-2011, 01:52 PM
1980 - About 125.

My FIL wouldn't pay for alcohol at the reception so my wife and I bought a keg.

Alton deFlat
05-16-2011, 01:59 PM
The first one: about 100
The last one: about 20

Frankie
05-16-2011, 02:02 PM
The first one: about 100
The last one: about 20

the last one or your second one?. Which do you mean? ;)

Inspector
05-16-2011, 02:07 PM
The pastor, his secretary, the bride - and I happened to be there too.

A total of 4. Then we (just the bride and myself) went to a steak house, sat in the car and got plastered on champagne and then went inside and had a steak dinner. Was home in time to get everything else done before the evening news.

It only took 18 months of planning and coordination to pull this off but it went like clockwork with no glitches. Nothing like a good plan.

Rain Man
05-16-2011, 02:27 PM
The pastor, his secretary, the bride - and I happened to be there too.

A total of 4. Then we (just the bride and myself) went to a steak house, sat in the car and got plastered on champagne and then went inside and had a steak dinner. Was home in time to get everything else done before the evening news.

It only took 18 months of planning and coordination to pull this off but it went like clockwork with no glitches. Nothing like a good plan.

Good thing you didn't invite two more people. You'd still be planning it.

seclark
05-16-2011, 02:28 PM

that long? we planned ours in 3 weeks. we were kind of in a hurry.;)
sec

Mile High Mania
05-16-2011, 03:05 PM

We also did Eureka Springs. I grew up in AR... so I was familiar with the area and after months of planning it in Dallas, we scrapped the plans and started over.

So, we figured that since EVERYONE would be flying in or driving at least 3-4 hours just to be there, we figured that we'd see only those that we really cared to see.

I believe we had about 120 attend the wedding and the reception. We made a fun weekend of it. Friday night, we did the rehearsal and then had a BBQ style rehearsal dinner (with beer, etc) and we invited everyone to it as well since they were driving/flying in. And, it was a blast. I think my folks spent about $2k for the whole thing, lasted about 4 hours and then most of us went to some of the bars afterwards.

Saturday, we had trolleys take everyone from their hotels to the Crescent and back (reception). It was a good time and everyone had a blast. Golf and other stuff on Saturday. I don't know what the inlaws paid for that part, but it was near $20k I supposed... overall, it was a great place to have your wedding, especially if you make a fun event out of it.

KurtCobain
05-16-2011, 03:21 PM
On a thursday we decided to get married. That friday we got the license. Saturday we got married in a park in front of a few friends. Maybe 12 at most including some of the pastor's family.

bevischief
05-16-2011, 03:21 PM
I don't remember. The wedding party finished the first of 3 kegs I bought myself. I was part of 2 more keg runs that night. That does not include the ones that where dropped off out in the county for their own sake.

CoMoChief
05-16-2011, 03:24 PM
Im going to a wedding (which I'm in) along w/ TEN other groomsmen

That's right......I said TEN

The most ridiculous thing I've ever heard is to have that many ****ing groomsmen/bridesmaids at a ****ing wedding. I asked him how come so many and he said "well I was in so-n-so's wedding etc" <=== There's not a ****in unwritten rule that you have to have someone be in your wedding because you were in there's. Not to mention no one wants this asshole in the wedding, but he feels like he has to because they've been friends since 10 yrs old (even though they hang out maybe like twice in the last 5 years, and not because they live out of state from one another....it's because he's a douchebag and no one wants to be around him.) But...my friend was in his wedding....so he feels obligated to make him a groomsman too. Same kinda scenario with a few other groomsmen but at least we all get along with them.

Maybe I'm wrong....but I think that's stupid I think 5 is enough, unless you have a huge family with 6+ brothers/sisters or something...

XXXshogunXXX
05-16-2011, 03:41 PM
Another important question is how much did you spend. My friends got married this past feb at the hard rock here in san diego. They "easily" spent over 100k Sucks cuz the reception lasted maybe only 5-6 hours. And it wasnt an unlimited open bar

Spott
05-16-2011, 03:46 PM
Another important question is how much did you spend. My friends got married this past feb at the hard rock here in san diego. They "easily" spent over 100k Sucks cuz the reception lasted maybe only 5-6 hours. And it wasnt an unlimited open bar

Mine was about 200 dollars and my divorce cost about the same. It was all that shit in the middle that was expensive.

Nzoner
05-16-2011, 03:56 PM
We had a little over 300 RSVP...HOWEVER on November 29th,1985 our city got hit with a snow and ice storm of epic proportion and about 70 actually made it.I'll never forget we were handing out food left and right for guests to take home.

PRIEST
05-16-2011, 04:11 PM
maybe 30-35...
jeez, you're going to have a big ****ing wedding. gonna have to feed all those people?
sec

THIS

noa
05-16-2011, 04:12 PM
Did in Vegas. One officiant, one witness, and us. That was the best day of my life.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mile High Mania
05-16-2011, 05:41 PM
Im going to a wedding (which I'm in) along w/ TEN other groomsmen

That's right......I said TEN

The most ridiculous thing I've ever heard is to have that many ****ing groomsmen/bridesmaids at a ****ing wedding. I asked him how come so many and he said "well I was in so-n-so's wedding etc" <=== There's not a ****in unwritten rule that you have to have someone be in your wedding because you were in there's. Not to mention no one wants this asshole in the wedding, but he feels like he has to because they've been friends since 10 yrs old (even though they hang out maybe like twice in the last 5 years, and not because they live out of state from one another....it's because he's a douchebag and no one wants to be around him.) But...my friend was in his wedding....so he feels obligated to make him a groomsman too. Same kinda scenario with a few other groomsmen but at least we all get along with them.

Maybe I'm wrong....but I think that's stupid I think 5 is enough, unless you have a huge family with 6+ brothers/sisters or something...

Sounds like a girl thing to get all worked up about it... it's not your wedding.

BigRedChief
05-16-2011, 06:00 PM
250-300. I was the editor of a local magazine at the time. Business contacts padded the number.

Bump
05-16-2011, 06:04 PM
and how many people took you out partying when you announced your divorce?

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-16-2011, 06:24 PM

Exactly this !

NewChief
05-16-2011, 07:16 PM
We also did Eureka Springs. I grew up in AR... so I was familiar with the area and after months of planning it in Dallas, we scrapped the plans and started over.

So, we figured that since EVERYONE would be flying in or driving at least 3-4 hours just to be there, we figured that we'd see only those that we really cared to see.

I believe we had about 120 attend the wedding and the reception. We made a fun weekend of it. Friday night, we did the rehearsal and then had a BBQ style rehearsal dinner (with beer, etc) and we invited everyone to it as well since they were driving/flying in. And, it was a blast. I think my folks spent about $2k for the whole thing, lasted about 4 hours and then most of us went to some of the bars afterwards.

Saturday, we had trolleys take everyone from their hotels to the Crescent and back (reception). It was a good time and everyone had a blast. Golf and other stuff on Saturday. I don't know what the inlaws paid for that part, but it was near $20k I supposed... overall, it was a great place to have your wedding, especially if you make a fun event out of it.

Sounds very similar to ours. It was a mini-vacation for a lot of people, and we can throw a good party (and felt obligated to, since a lot of people were taking time off work to attend). We sort of set the bar (see what I did there?) for wedding fun. People wouldd say about subsequent weddings, "that was fun but it didn't top the Eureka weekend. "

We did the rehearsal dinner at the Blue Hole (Eureka Botanical Gardens) and catered catfish. Wedding was at Thorncrown and reception was at the Crescent. Most people stayed at the Crescent as well. We had quite a few of our crazy friends drive over from Fayetteville and crash the Crescent as well. From what I understand, there were about 30 people watching the sun rise from the roof of the Crescent (not a balcony... the roof, which you get on by way of fire escape) the next morning. Psychedelics might or might not have been involved. It was quite a scene. You had my Southern Baptist family, my wife's Midwestern athletic party family, and our townie, long-hair hippie friends all coming together. Everyone got along great and had a good time.

tiptap
05-16-2011, 07:19 PM
Let's see, like Rain Man there was a judge, but there were two witnesses. One in prison uniform and cuffs and his very pregnant fiancee. This couple's names appear on the marriage license. They had their ceremony after us.

ThaVirus
05-16-2011, 08:15 PM
Man, reading this thread makes me excited to get married. Aside from all the "It all went downhill from there"-type jokes, that had to be an exciting time for you guys, huh? What with starting a new life with your soulmate and all that jazz.

Frankie
05-16-2011, 10:05 PM

Did you elope?

Fritz88
05-16-2011, 10:28 PM
Sounds like a girl thing to get all worked up about it... it's not your wedding.

ROFL. He watches too many chick flicks
Posted via Mobile Device

luv
05-16-2011, 10:37 PM
What's a wedding?
Posted via Mobile Device

salame
05-16-2011, 10:57 PM

Bugeater
05-16-2011, 10:59 PM
What's a wedding?
Posted via Mobile DeviceA colossal waste of money.

salame
05-16-2011, 11:01 PM
A colossal waste of money.

can I be your best man?

HoneyBadger
05-16-2011, 11:03 PM
I'm going to invite a ton of people to my wedding, and have her family pay for it, it will be nice payback to my future wife for all the money I spend on her.

pikesome
05-17-2011, 04:44 AM
My wife and I ran off to Colorado Springs and got married in a bed and breakfast. On Halloween. There was just the innkeeper and her very heavily tattooed sidekick, also female. When the wife and I returned from dinner said innkeeper met us in the front hall dressed as a kinda slutty devil.

And the topper? My wife had suffered an asthma attack 2 days earlier and could barely talk. She mostly nodded her head in the right places. Memorable.

05-17-2011, 04:45 AM
Hell if I know. The person that mattered most to me was there so the rest was icing.

Alton deFlat
05-17-2011, 06:33 AM
the last one or your second one?. Which do you mean? ;)

Both ;)

...although I would marry her all over again.

El Jefe
05-17-2011, 06:55 AM
Man, reading this thread makes me excited to get married. Aside from all the "It all went downhill from there"-type jokes, that had to be an exciting time for you guys, huh? What with starting a new life with your soulmate and all that jazz.

Ohh it is definitely exciting, once you get close though you just want to get it over with. Everyone stressing about every little detail and potential "what ifs" it can take some joy out of the process that's for sure. We have been engaged for a year and 4 months so we've had plenty of time, but it still creeps up on you.

I can honestly say it will be the best day of my life, I am marrying the women of my dreams. We haven't been going out for an incredibly long time, but I think 3 years is plenty to know her well. I am definitely ready to start "our" life, very exciting.

Spott
05-17-2011, 07:19 AM
What's a wedding?
Posted via Mobile Device

The beginning of a slow, agonizing death.

luv
05-17-2011, 07:20 AM
The beginning of a slow, agonizing death.

Remind me to never get married.

EyePod
05-17-2011, 07:38 AM

This is definitely true. We've been together a LONG time prior to getting married, but that day was just awesome. You can tell that I'm definitely having a blast in the last pic...

Plus, I got married on a ****ing helipad.

http://i.imgur.com/5cT25.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/aNKtj.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Jg9mW.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/LaSI2.jpg

EyePod
05-17-2011, 08:30 AM
If anyone was wondering that's a group of girls who did horseback riding together in college. And that's me making the picture TOTALLY AWESOME.