PDA

View Full Version : Music Music Radar Interviews Dream Theater's John Petrucci & Jordan Rudess

Lzen
05-16-2011, 08:08 AM
Thought this needed a thread of its own. Yes, they do discuss Portnoy some more (Hey, its an interview - what did you expect? Of course they're gonna ask them about MP) Its also about the band's future and a possible September release of their new album.

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/interview-dream-theaters-john-petrucci-jordan-rudess-on-the-bands-future-442741

Rudess: "A band member wanting to take a bit of a break is one thing. People are entitled to a break. But Mike wanted to take five years off from Dream Theater. That was a major blow to us. Five years?! That's a big statement. I mean, this is what we do. We enjoy it, we make our livings from it… You can't just stop it cold like that."

Rudess: "It's true that Mike Portnoy was involved in all of those aspects. He covered a lot of ground. He enjoyed it, and he felt very controlling when it came to certain things. OK, he's not here now, so we know there's certain things that we have to do. Which we can do. We're very capable people. The fact that we didn't do those things in the past was simply because Mike wanted to."

Petrucci: "Sure. I understand that. As a fan, I can relate. There will be those people who go, 'No! You can't do this.' But I've been a fan of bands where members have left, and I've still been a fan of both incarnations. I grew up listening to Yes, and they had different lineups. Change can be good.
"And we've been very fortunate to get so much positive support from our fans. I know this is a big thing to them, as well. But we're still here, we're more dedicated than ever, and we're not going to let anybody down. We've been doing this too long to stop. I feel as though our best work is still ahead of us."

Lzen
05-16-2011, 10:40 AM
Oops, meant to post this in Media Center forum.