PDA

View Full Version : News KCMO Police Seek Person Who Set Dog On Fire

Dante84
05-16-2011, 05:24 PM
Disgusting. I hope whoever did this gets what he deserves.
(and no, I don't mean a key to the city, Mike.)

Makes me sick when people harm the innocent and helpless; human or animal. It's unfathomable, and evil beyond words.

Looks like a sweet pup, too.

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- A Kansas City woman faces animal cruelty charges after someone set her dog on fire.

Maria Alarcon Suarez told police that she found her dog on fire in her back yard on Thursday. Police said the animal suffered burns over 40 percent of his body and may lose his badly burned ears.

The animal needs skin grafts and surgery to recover. The group "Love for Paws" is taking care of Suarez's pet and is accepting donations at its website to cover the medical expenses.

Police said they're searching for the person who set the dog on fire. They said Suarez could face charges because she didn't take the dog to get medical attention until the next day.

http://www.kmbc.com/news/27762969/detail.html#ixzz1MYoeuWw4

*** UPDATE 6/19 ***

KC teen accused of setting family’s dog on fire

Jackson County juvenile authorities have charged a 14-year-old girl with animal cruelty for allegedly setting her family’s dog on fire on April 28, causing severe injuries to the Labrador.

She allegedly hit the 6-month-old puppy with a shovel and poured gasoline on the dog. She then allegedly lit a piece of paper and dropped it on the drenched dog, police said.

The teen’s mother heard barking in her back yard in the 3800 block of East 59th Terrace and saw the dog engulfed in flames, according to police reports. The dog rolled on the ground and extinguished the flames.

The mother told police she initially tried to treat the dog’s wounds herself. The next day, she took the dog to a shelter and said it was a stray that she found on fire on her front porch, police reports said. Police later cited her with animal neglect for delaying medical treatment for the dog, which animal rescue workers renamed Phoenix.

Phoenix lost both his ears due to the severe burns, but is recovering well, according to the rescue workers.

Kansas City property crimes detectives canvassed the neighborhood and found witnesses who saw the girl hit and set the dog on fire. Investigators said the girl wasn’t mad at the dog, but rather acted out because she was “really depressed.” Police asked the girl to surrender at the juvenile jail about two weeks ago, and she did.

http://www.kansascity.com/2011/06/09/2938269/kc-teen-accused-of-setting-familys.html#ixzz1OnqcGSaC

Gonzo
05-16-2011, 05:25 PM
Man... That's ruff.
Posted via Mobile Device

Brock
05-16-2011, 05:25 PM
If the owner had kept their dog on the leash, that wouldn't have happened /sauto

Gonzo
05-16-2011, 05:26 PM
That dog was too fat anyways/Omaha
Posted via Mobile Device

Bugeater
05-16-2011, 05:28 PM
The animal needs skin grafts and surgery to recover. The group "Love for Paws" is taking care of Suarez's pet and is accepting donations at its website to cover the medical expenses.

Jeez, it's a dog. Put it out of its misery.

vailpass
05-16-2011, 05:30 PM
Hot dog.

Spott
05-16-2011, 05:30 PM
There's an easier way to make Chinese food.

notorious
05-16-2011, 05:32 PM
Dog days of Summer.

Poor guy, but they should just put him down.

Dante84
05-16-2011, 05:33 PM
Dog days of Summer.

Poor guy, but they should just put him down.

Insult to injury? come on...

KCUnited
05-16-2011, 05:33 PM
Sonic has gone too far.

notorious
05-16-2011, 05:35 PM
Insult to injury? come on...

:)

Dave Lane
05-16-2011, 05:36 PM
How to wok your dog :shrug:

vailpass
05-16-2011, 05:41 PM
How to wok your dog :shrug:

LMAO Not bad Loon.

BigRedChief
05-16-2011, 05:47 PM
Torturing defenseless animals is way up there on the scum bag level of inhuman things we are capable of human beings.

Mr. Laz
05-16-2011, 05:51 PM
hope they find them and set them on fire

Bump
05-16-2011, 06:03 PM
the punishment needs to fit the crime in this one. Find who did and give them capitol punishment. Fuck that shit, whoever could do such a thing shouldn't be allowed to live and breathe and I'm serious.

seclark
05-16-2011, 06:05 PM
the punishment needs to fit the crime in this one. Find who did and give them capitol punishment. **** that shit. whoever could do such a thing shouldn't be allowed to live and breathe, and I'm serious.

fyp
sec

Bump
05-16-2011, 06:06 PM
fyp
sec

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-16-2011, 06:23 PM
Wasn't me . I swear !

vailpass
05-16-2011, 06:24 PM
Torturing defenseless animals is way up there on the scum bag level of inhuman things we are capable of human beings.

It's how they earn their Junior Serial Killer badge.

Okie_Apparition
05-16-2011, 06:35 PM
If the stupid bitch had taken the time to teach her dog to roll over, this wouldn't have been a problem

Chiefs Pantalones
05-16-2011, 06:38 PM
Michael Vick is back in town visiting his homies he met in Leavenworth?

Psyko Tek
05-16-2011, 07:31 PM
hope they find them and set them on fire

and then heal him
and do it again

I just lost my dog
she got spooked by fireworks
and ran
she was coming home the next night
and got hit by a car
the ex found her body 'bout 1/2 hour after the accident
nobody stopped

she was within a mile of home

RIP
Pepper
'07 to '11
she is in the wind now

SAUTO
05-16-2011, 07:47 PM
If the owner had kept their dog on the leash, that wouldn't have happened /sauto

Ummmm. The dog was in her backyard. Read.

Different scenario.

Fuck you.
Posted via Mobile Device

listopencil
05-16-2011, 10:26 PM
Sick. Some people just really need to get the shit beaten out of them.

TimeForWasp
05-17-2011, 12:03 AM
and it wasn't even a weener dog

michaelj_58
05-17-2011, 03:28 AM
sounds like kids doing a prank.need to get there hide tanned for this!!!I love dogs and have always had one.This is really disgusting.

Fritz88
05-17-2011, 04:07 AM
This lady maybe?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=245164

JD10367
05-17-2011, 07:13 AM
sounds like kids doing a prank.need to get there hide tanned for this!!!I love dogs and have always had one.This is really disgusting.

Uh, no. "Kids doing a prank" is lighting a paper bag of poo and leaving it at your door, or calling the supermarket to ask if they have Prince Albert in a can. Setting a fucking dog on fire is not a "prank". It's the sure first sign of tomorrow's serial killer sociopath.

I have the cure for people like this.

http://www.tactical-life.com/online/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/bullet.gif

ChiTown
05-17-2011, 07:20 AM
I can't even read the OP.

People who abuse children, and animals should rot in a very special place in Hell.

RockChalk
05-17-2011, 07:26 AM

Oh no, according to some people it's not really that big of a deal. I tried to make a point in a different thread about this yesterday. To me, people who do crap like this are on the same level as rapists. They are demented and deserve the same pain and punishment inflicted on the animal.

Saulbadguy
05-17-2011, 07:55 AM
No thanks. I like my dogs medium well.

Red Beans
05-17-2011, 08:09 AM
Man, people are fucked up. Growing up my Dad was always the kindest, most considerate person I knew. We lived way out in the sticks so were a dumping ground for unwanted pets. There is nothing on the planet that made my Dad angrier than someone dumping a pet off in the country to die a slow, painful death. He alway wonder aloud why people couldn't pay for a box of shells and just shoot the damn things. Same concept here. I imagine, aside from some kind of psychopathic joy, that the dog was burned as a reaction to the dog barking or some such nonesense. Why not just antifreeze the dog? If someone got some joy out of burining a dog like that they need to have their balls dipped in boiling water...

RockChalk
05-17-2011, 08:17 AM
Man, people are ****ed up. Growing up my Dad was always the kindest, most considerate person I knew. We lived way out in the sticks so were a dumping ground for unwanted pets. There is nothing on the planet that made my Dad angrier than someone dumping a pet off in the country to die a slow, painful death. He alway wonder aloud why people couldn't pay for a box of shells and just shoot the damn things. Same concept here. I imagine, aside from some kind of psychopathic joy, that the dog was burned as a reaction to the dog barking or some such nonesense. Why not just antifreeze the dog? If someone got some joy out of burining a dog like that they need to have their balls dipped in boiling water...

http://feralboy.com/images/walter.jpg

These men are nihilists. They're cowards.

Inspector
05-17-2011, 10:06 AM
Yeah, I've always heard that setting fires and abusing animals are early indicators of possible sociopathic behaviour in the future. Many serial killers started off abusing / torturing animals.

Poor pup. How anyone could actually bring themselves to do something like that is just beyond my comprehension.

MOhillbilly
05-17-2011, 10:09 AM
yup, thats fucked up.

loochy
05-17-2011, 10:16 AM
http://wwwdelivery.superstock.com/Image/1422/Thumb/1422-786.jpg

gblowfish
05-17-2011, 12:05 PM
Cruelty to animals pisses me off more than just about anything. People, be kind to your pets.

Red Beans
05-17-2011, 12:12 PM
http://feralboy.com/images/walter.jpg

These men are nihilists. They're cowards.

It must be exhausting...

Mr. Laz
05-17-2011, 12:40 PM
let's put it this way ... if some crazy person forced me to either set a person on fire or a dog/cat, i would have to really think about it.

vailpass
05-17-2011, 01:02 PM
let's put it this way ... if some crazy person forced me to either set a person on fire or a dog/cat, i would have to really think about it.

WTF?

BWillie
05-17-2011, 01:17 PM
Where was Michael Vick? In that, you will find your answer.

Okie_Apparition
05-17-2011, 05:11 PM
I wonder how well dogs fared in the old testiment days.

Bump
05-17-2011, 06:58 PM

kids doing a prank? You are the biggest fucking moron ever.

Titty Meat
05-17-2011, 09:03 PM
How do they know it wasn't a cat who did it?

Valiant
05-17-2011, 09:11 PM
kids doing a prank? You are the biggest ****ing moron ever.

Why is that not plausible?

LaChapelle
05-17-2011, 09:24 PM
84sboysswimNcelulitepools

Dante84
05-17-2011, 09:33 PM
84sboysswimNcelulitepools

I am confuse, But I am like

Dante84
06-09-2011, 12:05 PM
Updated

BigCatDaddy
06-09-2011, 12:09 PM
Updated

I didn't see that one coming.

Simplex3
06-09-2011, 12:14 PM
What the hell could a 14 year old be so depressed about that the only reasonable plan of action is lighting a dog on fire?

Someone needs to introduce that girl to a tub of Ben & Jerry's.

The Franchise
06-09-2011, 12:15 PM
What the hell could a 14 year old be so depressed about that the only reasonable plan of action is lighting a dog on fire?

Someone needs to introduce that girl to a tub of acid.

FYP

Mr. Laz
06-09-2011, 12:16 PM
let the punishment fit the crime ... dip the woman's pussy in kerosene and strike a match. :cuss:

Bowser
06-09-2011, 12:16 PM
Never would have guessed the next Bundy would be a female.

RockChalk
06-09-2011, 02:28 PM
I'm sure the boys will be lining up to date this girl

FAX
06-09-2011, 02:37 PM
Are they going to mash her brain with a shovel and set her on fire? I think not. She will probably get counseling and her family will receive more Federal money to help with expenses.

FAX

jspchief
06-09-2011, 03:02 PM
Depressed? No. She's a psychopath.

syyrupp-mannn
06-09-2011, 03:06 PM
Jeez, it's a dog. Put it out of its misery.

There living things too! So screw off if you can save him then save him

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-09-2011, 03:08 PM

Couldn't say it better. That was someone's friend, someone's pal. This kind of thing breaks my heart.

Otter
06-09-2011, 03:11 PM
That's horrible. If that was my kid I really don't know if I'd ever be able to look at her the same again.

Back when I used to get in fights or in these days KM class I have no problem twisting people up till they scream in pain but I could never do that to an animal. I hate cats and couldn't even imagine.

Does that make me a psycho towards people or do I just hate people?

Glad they caught her. That's not exactly a good first step into being functional in society.

EDIT: just for the record I'm not a tough guy by any stretch of the imagination. You don't realize how big of a pussy you are until u spare with people who actually know how to fight as opposed to drunk haymaker fests in college. I've been twisted around more than I've done the twisting, I'm learning but way behind the curve of badass. Get into an art when your 18 and not 35 like I did because it's not easy and only gets harder and recovery gets a lot longer.

FAX
06-09-2011, 04:11 PM
They say that, when they were kids, lots of serial killers tortured animals.

I knew a guy from my hometown who used to torture animals. It was disgusting. Then, when I was about 12 years old, he got pissed at me one day and attacked me with a 2x4 ... about 3 feet long. Something snapped in my brain when that happened. I disarmed the ugly, little bastard and proceeded to beat the living hell out of him with his own 2x4. After he surrendered, I told him that if he ever tortured another animal I would kill him with lumber. Then, I whacked his weepy ass another couple of times on the noggin for good measure. I think I may have prevented him from becoming a serial killer that day.

FAX

Otter
06-09-2011, 04:59 PM
They say that, when they were kids, lots of serial killers tortured animals.

I knew a guy from my hometown who used to torture animals. It was disgusting. Then, when I was about 12 years old, he got pissed at me one day and attacked me with a 2x4 ... about 3 feet long. Something snapped in my brain when that happened. I disarmed the ugly, little bastard and proceeded to beat the living hell out of him with his own 2x4. After he surrendered, I told him that if he ever tortured another animal I would kill him with lumber. Then, I whacked his weepy ass another couple of times on the noggin for good measure. I think I may have prevented him from becoming a serial killer that day.

FAX

Fax the Bully Crusher