PDA

View Full Version : Poop Who's the Biggest D-Bag?

gblowfish
05-18-2011, 12:35 PM
This morning I was listening to 610 and Fescoe was calling some guy with the Timberwolves a douche bag. I thought, "Geez, that's the pot calling the kettle black, ain't it?"

Which local sports talk wank is the biggest douche, and why?

Fescoe
Kietzman
Nick Wright
Jack Harry

Or is there somebody we're missing? Discuss!

Pants
05-18-2011, 12:39 PM
This morning I was listening to 610 and Fescoe was calling some guy with the Timberwolves a douche bag. I thought, "Geez, that's the pot calling the kettle black, ain't it?"

Which local sports talk wank is the biggest douche, and why?

Fescoe
Kietzman
Nick Wright
Jack Harry

Or is there somebody we're missing? Discuss!

This is most definitely the hardest poll in CP history but I gotta go with good ol' Jack.

BigCatDaddy
I would say Harry is less of a D-bag then the others.

KCUnited
Fescoe is the biggest dumbass, no question. Kietz is the biggest douche.

Dayze
I'd say of the 3, Fescoe is the biggest. Primarily because his 'takes' are completely off. Particularly with the Chiefs and football in general.

Pants
05-18-2011, 12:40 PM
I would say Harry is less of a D-bag then the others.

Jack Harry is MU's version of Bob Fescoe.

BigCatDaddy
05-18-2011, 12:41 PM
Jack Harry is MU's version of Bob Fescoe.

Maybe, but I can see myself talking to him without wanting to punch him in the face unlike the others.

gblowfish
05-18-2011, 12:42 PM
Harry is pretty much a Mizzou shill, pretty much like Bob Davis is for KU.

blaise
05-18-2011, 12:47 PM
I think Nick knows some people will think he's a douche for doing his show his way, and so he's sort of self-aware about it, and he can be self-deprecating. To me, he just says, "This is my opinion, if you like it or don't."
Fescoe just seems like a huge KU homer douche in the few times I've listened to him, and Kietz seems like he's totally unaware about the fact he's a douche. I think he thinks he's just the most superfantastic guy around. Plus, I don't need to hear Kietz talking about athletes or anyone else being a bad guy when he was caught getting a hummer in the park from an intern while his wife was at home.
I also can't stand how Kietz will act like he's about to make some terrific insight, and then he just says something mundane and stupid.
So, I'll say Kietz. He's a disingenuous, smug, jackwad.

RockChalk
05-18-2011, 12:50 PM
Where is the all 4 option?

Kietz and Fescoe would be an option in my ideal poll. Since it's not, I'm going with Kietzman.

Fish
05-18-2011, 12:52 PM
Put them in the ring and have them all battle to the death....

doomy3
05-18-2011, 12:57 PM
Damn, this is a tough call. I would probably go with:

Keitzmann
Fescoe
Harry

Wright

gblowfish
05-18-2011, 12:59 PM
Where is the all 4 option?

I figured they'd all draw enough love to qualify individually.

The four combined is a powerful Douche Quartet!

Frazod
05-18-2011, 01:01 PM
I thought we'd already determined that it's Norman Einstein. :shrug:

gblowfish
I thought we'd already determined that it's Norman Einstein. :shrug:

Let's put him on morning drive. He can't be any worse than Fescoe.

KCUnited
The Fescoe sound bytes Wright uses when he's on is the best part of his show. Fescoe's Royals rant is one of the funnier things I've heard.

Saul Good
05-18-2011, 01:02 PM
I love the OP. I heard that this morning and laughed at the irony of Fescoe calling anyone a douche. It was right before the end of the hour after 810 went to commercial, or I wouldn't have caught it.

Bump
05-18-2011, 01:02 PM
Harry is pretty much a Mizzou shill, pretty much like Bob Davis is for KU.

ya, only Bob Davis and douche could never be fit into the same sentence.

KCUnited
05-18-2011, 01:03 PM
The winner gets the Roger Twibell Trophy.

blaise
05-18-2011, 01:04 PM
ya, only Bob Davis and douche could never be fit into the same sentence.

Sure they can, look: Bob Davis is a douche.

See?

blaise
05-18-2011, 01:04 PM

He was the worst kind of douche, a boring douche.

Bump
05-18-2011, 01:06 PM
Sure they can, look: Bob Davis is a douche.

See?

ok, but there is no reason to think that.

blaise
05-18-2011, 01:09 PM
ok, but there is no reason to think that.

Yes, maybe douche is too strong a word. He doesn't seem like a bad guy, just a really terrible announcer.

Dayze
05-18-2011, 01:10 PM

LMAO

Ebolapox
05-18-2011, 01:10 PM
where is nick athan in this poll? fail.

Brock
05-18-2011, 01:12 PM
Yes, maybe douche is too strong a word. He doesn't seem like a bad guy, just a really terrible announcer.

NO, it's on KU!!!!

RockChalk
05-18-2011, 01:14 PM

Actually, he's kind of a douche.

gblowfish
05-18-2011, 01:16 PM
Boy, this race is close...
It's kind of like the Hot Dog Race of Douchebags!

durtyrute
05-18-2011, 01:18 PM
Fescoe is the biggest dumbass since twibel or however you spell his name. Actually he may be the biggest dumbass since chris from chris and cowboy

eazyb81
05-18-2011, 01:21 PM
Fescoe is the obvious runaway winner, but Danny Clinkscales should at least be an option.

Harry is just kind of an idiot and desperately trying to remain relevant.

I actually don't mind Keitzman at all.

Sofa King
05-18-2011, 01:21 PM
Tom Cash

blaise
05-18-2011, 01:24 PM
Fescoe is the obvious runaway winner, but Danny Clinkscales should at least be an option.

Harry is just kind of an idiot and desperately trying to remain relevant.

I actually don't mind Keitzman at all.

I sometimes think Danny just likes going, "Iiiiii don't know about that. I don't know if I agree with that." No matter what the other person said.

Dayze
05-18-2011, 01:26 PM
Klinksgale comes across on radio as though he's mailing it in.

KCUnited
05-18-2011, 01:27 PM
Lookit, I want everyone of you guys to join me out at Robin Nigro's Golf Academy there in Martin City..../Twibell

gblowfish
05-18-2011, 01:28 PM
I don't think Danny is a bad guy. He has to put up with Kietzman, because he has ownership in Union Broadcasting. And he's usually a straight shooter, even though he's a bit of a KU homer, especially about basketball.

blaise
05-18-2011, 01:40 PM
I don't listen to 610 much anymore, because I don't live in the market, but I've always thought they were their own worst enemy with the way they formatted the shows. They always tried to do this point/counterpoint thing. "Hey everyone, do you think the Chiefs should re-sign LJ? Yes or no?"
Then for the next nine minutes people would call in and say the same thing over and over. Then a break. Then an interview with some KU or K-State assistant coach. Then another commercial, followed by more point/counterpoint. It's like they never just threw 4 or 5 topics out and let people take the show where it would naturally go. It was always, "We're talking about ____. Only call about that." I don't know if they've changed that.

Bump
05-18-2011, 01:45 PM

now you're just being dumb.

Dayze
05-18-2011, 01:45 PM
when I got my first Android phone, I downloaded some app ( i can't remember it) where you could basically listen to about any radio station nationwide. As a Bama fan, I got some sports radio in Tuscaloosa....and my god.....1000 times better than the stuff that is spewed out in KC.

I always suspected KC sports radio sucked, but not to that degree.

you can imagine my shock when I didn't hear any dumba** segments about BBQ, or RRRRRRacin' boys. Equally as shocked when listening and didn't have to hear the hosts ramble on for 1-2 minutes upon returning from a commercial break to talk about where they're broadcasting from; or where we should go to sign up for something; or lunch specials etc.

Bump
05-18-2011, 01:47 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/93229-best-and-worst-college-football-tv-announcers

so I googled "best college announcers"

Once you see it, you'll shit bricks

Reaper16
05-18-2011, 01:51 PM
Good grief, if only they could all be thrown into a gas chamber. Fescoe personally irritates me the most, but he and Harry sort of cancel eachother out with biases. Keitzman gets the vote. Eh, fuck it, I'm voting for Fescoe anyway. I hate that fuck.

boogblaster
05-18-2011, 01:55 PM
maybe they all should be cremated and run thru rosie's d-bag ....

DeezNutz
05-18-2011, 01:55 PM
Fescoe and it's not close. He's gone from being a harsh critic of the Royals to trying to engender himself to all things Glass manhood.

Embarrassing.

EyePod
05-18-2011, 01:56 PM
I don't listen to KC sports radio as I live in Philly. The Philly Sports guys are complete idiots. Anyone who disagrees with something they say is uniformed or dumb. I can't stand it. Is it the same in the KC radio world?

tooge
05-18-2011, 01:58 PM
this is a tough one. If we are evaluating each's entire body of work, I'd have to go with Harry. Next would be Fescoe since he hasn't really been on that long as the lead guy and has amassed an amazing amount of douchebaggery. Then KK. Nick Wright is only a douche some times, but aren't we all. I don't mind listening to him, aspecially during football season. He nailed the chiefs draft this year.

durtyrute
05-18-2011, 01:59 PM
It's gotten to the point to where I can't even stand the sound of Fescoe's voice. I had to stop listening because my ears where beginnning to bleed. "So, that was a tough loss out there for you guys last night. At home in front of a sold out crowd, the last game of your college career, and you guys, well you couldn't get it done. How does that make you feel?" IT MAKES ME FEEL LIKE CHOKING YOU UNTIL YOU BURP CUM, YOU DEADBEAT BITCH FACE, KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT SPORTS ASSHOLE.

Ahh...that felt better.

LOCOChief
05-18-2011, 02:52 PM
I moved away from KC 8 years ago but I'd still bet my lefty that Keitz is still the biggest douch in history of KC sports radio douches.

LOCOChief
05-18-2011, 02:56 PM
I moved to S Florida and was sailing accross the harbor where I live to pump out my holding tank and fuel up and guess who's working the fuel doc at this marina? Don Fortune! No shit. I said hey you're Don Fortune, he said "the one and only" I said, "how bout them Royals"? He said "how bout em"?
I said fill er up Don we're burnin daylight, chop chop!

loochy
05-18-2011, 03:00 PM
write in for frank boal

gblowfish
05-18-2011, 04:20 PM
I moved to S Florida and was sailing accross the harbor where I live to pump out my holding tank and fuel up and guess who's working the fuel doc at this marina? Don Fortune! No shit. I said hey you're Don Fortune, he said "the one and only" I said, "how bout them Royals"? He said "how bout em"?
I said fill er up Don we're burnin daylight, chop chop!

Back in 1987, I was in Canton with two buds of mine. We went to see Len Dawson go into the Pro Football HOF. The next day, the Chiefs were playing the 49ers in an exhibition game. The night before the game, we walked into a restaurant, a real old time bar place called Benders that was supposed to be the nicest place in town to get a meal. Sure enough a bunch of Chiefs players like Deron Cherry, Burruss, Ross, Stephone Paige, were all sitting around having dinner. They seated us right across from them. We didn't want to bug them while they were eating, but one of my friends couldn't help it, and said something like "Hey guys, we came all the way from KC to see you play, good luck tomorrow." A couple of the players got up, came over and shook our hands, autographed a napkin and thanked us for coming all that way to see them.

About five minutes later, Don Fotune comes strolling through the dining room. He walks up to the players table and says "Hi Guys, are you all ready for the game tomorrow?" Players say "Jesus Don, we're trying to have dinner here. Leave us alone, OK?" So he kind of slowly backs away, and as he's turning to leave, my pal Derrek says "Don Fortune? I didn't know this was a FAG BAR!"

The players laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed.....

Don just kept right on going like he didn't hear a thing.

Fast forward 12 years later....

I'm in a restaurant in Albany, NY, having a nice seafood dinner. The next day, I'm going to see George Brett enter the Baseball Hall of Fame. I look up, and being seated at the table across the aisle from me is....Don Fortune!

What are the odds???

kstater
05-18-2011, 04:21 PM
It's Fescoe, and it's not even close.

-King-
05-18-2011, 04:39 PM
Jack Harry because he's the equivalent to Nick Athan on television

Fescoe 2nd because he literally doesn't know a fucking thing about football.

Keitzman 3rd because I've only listened to him for a grand total of about 13 minutes before I realized he's boring as shit

Wright isn't a douche really. Just a guy with a really really annoying voice. He's still the best KC sports talk host. ...kind of sad really.
Wright

Okie_Apparition
05-18-2011, 05:00 PM
Which one would leave a pussy feeling clean & fresh?
Kietzman would use it to putt golf balls into. Harry would probably walk away flustrated because he couldn't perform for age reasons. Wright looks like a buzzard and would probably pick it clean to the bone. So I will have to go with Fresco because I don't know who he is.

black angus
05-18-2011, 05:07 PM
I never listen to Fescoe so I'll take you guys word on him.
Listening to Nick Wright gives me a headache so he's my choice as douchiest.
I kind of like KK, he absoulutely OWNS the KU fans which I find quite humourous.

Dave Lane
05-18-2011, 06:38 PM
Where's the all of the above option?

Dave Lane
05-18-2011, 06:39 PM
Jack Harry because he's the equivalent to Nick "Assclown" Athan on television

Fescoe 2nd because he literally doesn't know a ****ing thing about football.

Keitzman 3rd because I've only listened to him for a grand total of about 13 minutes before I realized he's boring as shit

Wright isn't a douche really. Just a guy with a really really annoying voice. He's still the best KC sports talk host. ...kind of sad really.
Wright

No its Petro by a mile. Like him or not the guy knows his shit.

DeezNutz
05-18-2011, 06:43 PM
No its Petro by a mile. Like him or not the guy knows his shit.

Overall, I agree. The thing I appreciate about Petro is that he puts in the homework to try to know his shit. He's not always successful, but it never seems to be from a lack of effort.

Which is about all one can ask.

kcfanXIII
05-18-2011, 07:14 PM
Tie between KK and Fescoe. The other two i can at least listen too.

patteeu
05-18-2011, 10:49 PM
Bob Fescoe and it's not even close. I've got my problems with KK, but he's listenable most of the time. I like Wright although I often don't agree with him. And Jack Harry is just comic relief for the most part.

blaise
05-18-2011, 10:59 PM
I wonder if any of them have seen this.

gblowfish
05-19-2011, 08:26 AM
Looks like Fescoe takes the Twibell Trophy!