PDA

View Full Version : News Botox Mom has child taken away

Bill Lundberg
05-19-2011, 08:30 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/16/britney-campbell-8-year-old-botox_n_862386.html

Britney Campbell, 8-Year-Old Botox User, Taken Out Of Mother's Home (VIDEO)
The Huffington Post Hilary Moss
First Posted: 05/16/11 10:11 AM ET Updated: 05/16/11 10:16 AM ET

React
"Good Morning America" reports that Britney Campbell has been taken away from her mother, who recently went on air to defend giving Botox to her eight-year-old.

Lara Spencer said, "I've spoken with someone very close to the case, she is out of her mother's home. She's doing well. The case is under investigation by CPS and we should have new details within a week. But the main thing here -- she's doing well."

We first told you about the Campbells in March and "GMA" covered their story last week. In a sit-down interview, Spencer asked Britney questions worthy of a horrifying "Law & Order: SVU" episode: can you show me where you do it? Can you point on your face? Of the Botox, Britney remarked, "It hurt sometimes, but I get used to it," and of the waxing, "It was super, super hard to deal with that...I just don't think it's ladylike to have hair on your legs," however adding that she won't do it again. At least not for a while.

Just one day later, the San Francisco Child Welfare Services started looking into it and Trent Rohrer of the San Francisco Human Services Agency told cameras, "It's pretty unusual for a mom to be injecting an 8-year-old with Botox. Certainly, it's grounds for an investigation." The agency apparently got involved because there were too many unknowns, like Kerry's training, where the Botox she used came from, and whether her daughter's pediatrician was consulted.

WATCH the brief update from ABC News:

According to those close to the situation the girl did not appear surprised...

BigMeatballDave
05-19-2011, 08:39 AM
According to those close to the situation the girl did not appear surprisedLMAO

Fishpicker
05-19-2011, 08:43 AM
i hate the idea of the state taking custody of a child but, it had to happen. I hope more beauty pageant mamas take note.

kepp
05-19-2011, 08:43 AM
According to those close to the situation the girl did not appear surprised...

That's because, even as an eight-year-old, she can see that what her mom is doing is stupid.

Simplex3
05-19-2011, 08:45 AM
i hate the idea of the state taking custody of a child but, it had to happen. I hope more beauty pageant mamas take note.

No, it didn't have to happen. This is more of the state doing what they want, then trying to figure out if they have cause.

You want to issue a court order to the mom saying "no more Botox while we look this over", fine. But taking her kid away while you figure out if you can massage a law to make what she did be illegal is terrible.

ChiTown
05-19-2011, 08:45 AM
That's because, even as an eight-year-old, she can see that what her mom is a fat, ****ing loser trying to live vicariously thru her childhood.

fyp

BigMeatballDave
05-19-2011, 08:47 AM
That's because, even as an eight-year-old, she can see that what her mom is doing is stupid.I assumed that comment was joke. You know, Botox patients cant show much emotion...

kepp
05-19-2011, 08:48 AM
I assumed that comment was joke. You know, Botox patients cant show much emotion...

Heh...went totally over my head

ChiTown
05-19-2011, 08:49 AM
I assumed that comment was joke. You know, Botox patients cant show much emotion...

LMAO

Bill Lundberg
05-19-2011, 09:38 AM

Bravo!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

MagicHef
05-19-2011, 10:03 AM
What exactly was the Botox for? 8 year olds don't really tend to have wrinkles.

notorious
05-19-2011, 10:15 AM

I saw it the same way. ROFL

Sofa King
05-19-2011, 10:16 AM
http://www.tmz.com/2011/05/19/botox-mom-false-fake-hoax-kerry-campbell-sheena-upton-daughter-injections-good-morning-america-gma-inside-edition-the-sun-lies-lied-child-protective-services-ucla-medical-center/

Botox Mom: I MADE IT ALL UP FOR MONEY!
5/19/2011 7:00 AM PDT by TMZ Staff

The woman who went on "Good Morning America," claiming she injected her 8-year-old daughter with Botox, now swears under oath ... she made the entire story up for a few hundred bucks.

TMZ has obtained a sworn declaration written by Sheena Upton, who claims she was recently approached by the British tabloid, The Sun, and asked "to play the role of Kerry Campbell" for a story called "I Give My 8-Year-Old Daughter Botox."

Upton now confesses The Sun paid her $200 adding, "I was provided with the story, instructions and a script to follow for a recorded interview."

After the story ran in The Sun, Upton says she was approached by "Good Morning America" and "Inside Edition" and claims she was offered "a large fee" to appear on camera. She went on both shows and re-told her story.

After the interview, child welfare officials took Upton's daughter away.

Upton now admits in her declaration, "The truth is I have never given my daughter Botox, nor allowed her to get any type of waxing, nor is she a beauty pageant contestant."

Upton says professionals agree with her declaration, because on May 17, she took her daughter to the UCLA Medical Center and says, "After my daughter received a full medical exam, the results indicated that she has not ever received treatments including Botox or other such injections."

We're told the UCLA reports were forwarded to child welfare officials, who then returned Upton's daughter to her, with the provison that a cousin would stay with her and the child for the time being.

As for "Good Morning America" -- sources connected with Upton claim she was promised $10,000 to appear. We do not know how much she was offered for "Inside Edition."

As for the declaration -- signed under penalty of perjury -- we're told Upton wrote it so her lawyer can secure full rights to custody of her daughter.

An ABC News insider tells TMZ, "There is no truth to the story about compensation, but they did pay a broker no more than $10,000 to license photos."

UPDATE 8:20 AM PT: An ABC News spokesman tells us, "We have just seen the sworn declaration on TMZ written by Sheena Upton, a.k.a. Kerry Campbell , and are vigorously investigating her most recent statement and rapidly shifting story."

The rep continues, "Good Morning America has repeatedly questioned Upton, members of her family, and other sources who again and again stood by the Botox story."

"Good Morning America is solely interested in getting to the truth and will share with our audience any new information that we find."

Simplex3
05-19-2011, 10:20 AM
Holy shit. The feds took a kid away and didn't do any leg work at all. Not even enough to figure out the kid had never been in a beauty pageant. I know I'm shocked.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
05-19-2011, 11:14 AM
Holy shit. The feds took a kid away and didn't do any leg work at all. Not even enough to figure out the kid had never been in a beauty pageant. I know I'm shocked.

The Feds?

Serious reading fail.

Just one day later, the San Francisco Child Welfare Services started looking into it and Trent Rohrer of the San Francisco Human Services Agency . . .

So, it appears the State of California got involved. The Federal Government had nothing to do with this.

But, don't let facts get in the way of a good rant.

Pitt Gorilla
05-19-2011, 11:27 AM
I assumed that comment was joke. You know, Botox patients cant show much emotion...It clearly was.

Pitt Gorilla
05-19-2011, 11:30 AM
Holy shit. The feds took a kid away and didn't do any leg work at all. Not even enough to figure out the kid had never been in a beauty pageant. I know I'm shocked.Do you know what "The feds" actually means?

Simplex3
05-19-2011, 12:12 PM
Yes, I know what "the feds" means, and yes, I was in a huge hurry and reading about three different things while I typed in the response. Clearly I meant "the govt.".

Dave Lane
05-19-2011, 12:45 PM
I have no problem with them taking the child away until they know what the hell is going on. If she was really doing that she's crazy and a temporary removal of the child to assess WTF is going on is warranted.

pr_capone
05-19-2011, 12:49 PM
That's because, even as an eight-year-old, she can see that what her mom is doing is stupid.

Either that or her face was injected with so much poison that she is physically incapable of making any facial expressions... which is where I think the OP was going with that.

Ace Gunner
05-19-2011, 02:42 PM

ya, I don't think the botox is gonna make this kid frown more than being yanked into a state home. I think this is way over the top. coulda simply banned the procedure on kids long ago.

Dave Lane
05-19-2011, 02:53 PM
ya, I don't think the botox is gonna make this kid frown more than being yanked into a state home. I think this is way over the top. coulda simply banned the procedure on kids long ago.

Are you related to Roy in any way?

Ace Gunner
05-19-2011, 02:58 PM
I am her father

listopencil
05-19-2011, 04:39 PM
No, it didn't have to happen. This is more of the state doing what they want, then trying to figure out if they have cause.

You want to issue a court order to the mom saying "no more Botox while we look this over", fine. But taking her kid away while you figure out if you can massage a law to make what she did be illegal is terrible.

Honestly? A parent giving their kid an injection for purely cosmetic reasons. The kid wasn't reported to have some cosmetic defect or any stigmata that would cause emotional distress if left untreated. If the story were true then I would consider that child abuse.

MagicHef
05-19-2011, 04:51 PM
Honestly? A parent giving their kid an injection for purely cosmetic reasons. The kid wasn't reported to have some cosmetic defect or any stigmata that would cause emotional distress if left untreated. If the story were true then I would consider that child abuse.

You'd think that they could at least check to see if this was true before taking the child away, unless watching Good Morning America was all the proof they needed.

listopencil
05-19-2011, 05:42 PM
You'd think that they could at least check to see if this was true before taking the child away, unless watching Good Morning America was all the proof they needed.

You really think she'd admit to lying if the circumstances weren't severe?

Dave Lane
05-19-2011, 05:56 PM

I'm pretty sure they didn't barge in the door grab the kid and run out. I'm real sure there were conversations first.

ReynardMuldrake
05-20-2011, 09:34 AM

That word, I do not think it means what you think it means.

loochy
05-20-2011, 09:36 AM

The kid didn't bleed from her hands and feet like Jesus? Well of course not!

KCFalcon59
05-20-2011, 10:51 AM
I'm pretty sure they didn't barge in the door grab the kid and run out. I'm real sure there were conversations first.

No one would ever do that.

4th and Long
05-20-2011, 11:23 AM

You really think she'd admit to lying if the circumstances weren't severe?

Mom Who Said She Injected Her 8-Year-Old Daughter With Botox Fights to Keep Her Daughter

The California woman who said she injected her 8-year-old daughter with botox is once again making headlines, saying the entire story was fabricated.

A week after California Child Protective Services reportedly took the girl out of her home, Sheena Upton told TMZ that she made up the story in return for compensation. Her daughter has been returned to her under supervised custody, according to the Associated Press.

ABC News has learned that child protective services is still actively investigating the case.

Upton's story shocked the world when it first appeared in the U.K. paper the Sun in March. She told the story again last week on "Good Morning America."

Upton, who used the alias Kerry Campbell, said she injected botox into her daughter's face to get rid of her wrinkles and to give her a leg up to participate in beauty pageants. Upton said her daughter, Britney, had complained about wrinkles and her daughter explained how she first noticed wrinkles when she looked at her face in the mirror and "just didn't like it."

"I just, like, don't think wrinkles are nice on little girls," the 8-year-old said in the May 12 "GMA" report. Britney said she got four needles worth of botox injections into her face to do away with the lines.

The mother and daughter's account caused an uproar online, in the medical community and among child advocates, and prompted California's child protective services to launch an investigation into Upton. Upton changed her story after the outcry, detailing to TMZ Thursday that the entire story was fake and her role was "scripted."

"They told me to hold a syringe, like a plastic syringe, no medical syringe, and act like I was just holding [it] up," Upton told TMZ. "Later on is when I heard that they used it as botox and honestly I don't even know what botox is."

Posing as Kerry Campbell, Upton says, she played a role for compensation. She said she was paid $200 by the U.K. agency Claire Stephens Ltd. for doing the story that appeared in the Sun.

"I was just doing an acting job. I wasn't doing anything. I would never harm my daughter and I would never do anything like that," she told TMZ. "I was really pushed into. I really feel like I was kind of manipulated."

Nevertheless the freelance journalist from the British agency Claire Stevens Ltd., who first brought the story to the British media, said the original story is real. Alley Einstein said she witnessed Upton injecting her daughter with a substance that appeared to be botox in February.

"I saw her physically inject her daughter. She did it twice. They were very small amounts of what appeared to be botox," Einstein told ABCNews Thursday. "The daughter was in pain but she rubbed on a gel which people use for tattooing to take away the pain. The daughter seemed to think this was a regular thing that they did."

Einstein said she took photos of Upton administering the injections. A number of the photos, which ABC News licensed from the agency, show Upton holding a needle up to Britney's skin as the she appeared to wince.

Einstein also said that when she first met the mom, she knew her as Kerry Campbell, not Sheena Upton.

"I asked for her ID, and she showed me some ID Britney Campbell, Kerry Campbell and she showed me a British birth certificate, which I am now told that you can get near a park near L.A. for a pittance of money," Einstein said.

A close family friend of Upton, Michelle Cespuglio, who accompanied the pair to the "GMA" interview, told ABC News Thursday that she also witnessed the injections.

"I was there for everything," she said in a phone interview. "We were all there, we all saw it. Sheena can say whatever the hell she wants."

Since the publication of her declaration on TMZ.com, Upton has declined to grant a new interview to ABC News.

A Test for Botox?

Upton also alleged in the declaration posted on TMZ.com that a dermatologist and licensed doctor at UCLA Medical Center examined her daughter Wednesday, concluding, that "the results indicated that she has not ever received treatments including botox or other such injections."

ABC News confirmed that Britney did see a doctor who looked for any physical signs of a botox procedure. The results of those tests have not been made public.

The effects of botulinum toxin, known as botox, typically last between three and four months, according to experts, during which time the muscle groups that were injected could be tested with a nerve stimulator to see if they contract. If there is no contraction or diminished contraction, then the muscle has likely been treated with botox within the last three months.

In the ABC News interview, Upton claimed the last injection was about three months ago. Given that time frame, experts say, it is difficult to conclusively determine whether botox had been administered.

"It is extremely unlikely that you would see any effect from the botox at this point in time. Her muscle movement would be back completely and there is certainly no blood test that could determine if she had botox before," Dr. Ava Shamban, a dermatologist, told ABC News.

The Food and Drug Administration has not approved the use of botox on children for cosmetic purposes. While the drug is generally safe, dermatologists worry about the potential for both emotional and physical damage of administering botox to children.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/botox-mom-injected-year-entire-story-fake-bid/story?id=13645562

Pitt Gorilla
05-20-2011, 11:26 AM
Holy shit. The feds took a kid away and didn't do any leg work at all. Not even enough to figure out the kid had never been in a beauty pageant. I know I'm shocked.Maybe "the feds" did their legwork. How are we to know whether she did or did not inject her daughter? I mean, when is she being honest and when is she lying?

Bump
05-20-2011, 11:27 AM
you do something as dumb as that, you shouldn't be allowed to have kids. I've seen a few of these beauty pageant moms first hand and it's fucking PATHETIC. They are the worst parents I could ever imagine and they need to be beaten, honestly.

listopencil
05-20-2011, 12:20 PM
Mom Who Said She Injected Her 8-Year-Old Daughter With Botox Fights to Keep Her Daughter

Not sure why you quoted my response in relation to this. The circumstances obviously were severe as they had already taken her child away.

4th and Long
05-20-2011, 12:31 PM
Not sure why you quoted my response in relation to this. The circumstances obviously were severe as they had already taken her child away.
I did it for a cheap thrill. You know how we Chiefs fans are. :p

Frankie
05-20-2011, 12:36 PM
Hoax?!

http://www.sfexaminer.com/local/2011/05/botox-mom-story-could-be-hoax-tmz-reports

Botox mom story could be hoax, TMZ reports

According to TMZ, the British tabloid, The Sun, may have paid the Botox mom to take on a fake name for a made up story about how she gave her 8-year-old beauty pageant daughter Botox.

TMZ said it obtained a sworn declaration written by the Botox mom, whose real name is Sheena Upton, stating she was paid $200 to make up the whole story. The Sun vehemently denies it paid Upton, telling TMZ one of its reporters witnessed the mom inject Botox into her daughter.

Upton said she was asked “to play the role of Kerry Campbell” and was “provided with the story, instructions and a script to follow for a recorded interview,” TMZ reported.

Upton reportedly also made money to appear on “Good Morning America” and “Inside Edition,” though the claim has been disputed and the amount was not clear, TMZ said.

“The truth is I have never given my daughter Botox, nor allowed her to get any type of waxing, nor is she a beauty pageant contestant,” Upton said in her declaration, according to TMZ.

The news of the hoax surfaced after child welfare officials took her daughter away. Upton reportedly wrote the declaration, which was signed under penalty of perjury, on advice from her lawyer so she can secure full rights to custody of her daughter, TMZ said.

Upton claims a full medical exam at UCLA Medical Center on Tuesday revealed her daughter had never received Botox or other such injections, TMZ reported.

TMZ also said child welfare officials returned Upton’s daughter to her after receiving the UCLA medical report.

ABC News told TMZ that it has seen Upton’s sworn declaration and is “vigorously investigating her most recent statement and rapidly shifting story.”

In the original report in The Sun, the Botox mom was said to live in San Francisco. It is now believed that she resides in the Los Angeles area.

4th and Long
05-20-2011, 12:39 PM
Hoax?!
Welcome to 3 hours ago when I posted something similar.

Frankie
05-20-2011, 12:47 PM
Welcome to 3 hours ago when I posted something similar.

Then the credit is all yours sir. I hereby totally dis-own this in your favor. I hope the $ residuals will at least put your kid through college.

4th and Long
05-20-2011, 01:04 PM
Then the credit is all yours sir. I hereby totally dis-own this in your favor. I hope the $ residuals will at least put your kid through college.
I'm already filthy rich. I don't need your blood money.

listopencil
05-20-2011, 01:19 PM
I did it for a cheap thrill. You know how we Chiefs fans are. :p

Well, hell, it gives me a chance to post count whore anyway.

Jaric
05-20-2011, 01:23 PM
"I was just doing an acting job. I wasn't doing anything. I would never harm my daughter and I would never do anything like that," she told TMZ. "I was really pushed into. I really feel like I was kind of manipulated."

:shake:

You are not the victim here, you dumb bitch.

4th and Long
05-20-2011, 01:38 PM
Well, hell, it gives me a chance to post count whore anyway.
I have no idea what you're talking about. (post #16,293)

:D