PDA

View Full Version : Life Fuck Off, PETA!

BigMeatballDave
05-19-2011, 09:22 AM
http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/dayton-news/peta-compares-eating-animals-to-baby-killed-in-microwave-1163457.html?cxntlid=cmg_cntnt_rss

PETA compares eating animals to baby killed in microwave

DAYTON — Sparking outrage before it’s been unveiled, a new People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals billboard in the Dayton area will compare the China Arnold murder case to the cooking of animals.
The billboard will feature two images: a mother pig nuzzling her piglet and a person about to place a pork chop in a microwave oven. The text reads “Everybody’s Somebody’s Baby. Go Vegan.”
Arnold, 31, was convicted Friday of the aggravated murder of her daughter, 28-day-old Paris Talley, who died in a microwave oven in 2005. The case continues Thursday with the sentencing phase, when jurors will be asked to consider whether Arnold should get the death penalty.
“We don’t want to be insensitive,” said Ashley Gonzalez, PETA spokeswoman. “Our hearts go out to this baby.”
There was no site for the billboard late Wednesday afternoon, though PETA officials planned to have it up by the end of the week, Gonzalez said.
Montgomery County Common Pleas Judge Mary Wiseman said she could not comment on an active case. Wiseman also has issued a gag order, preventing any of the attorneys from making public comments.
Gonzalez said PETA saw the case as an opportunity to discuss animal rights, as the vast majority of animals killed for human consumption are less than a year old.
“We want to draw that comparison,” Gonzalez said.
That comparison infuriated Bishop Richard Cox, the President of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference’s Dayton chapter, an Arnold supporter who has been a daily presence at her trial.
“That is the most despicable thing that I have ever heard of,” Cox said. “That is despicable and deplorable and it’s inhuman and racist.”
Cox said that the black community would be outraged by the billboard.
“We’re not animals,” Cox said. “We’ve been depicted for years as animals.”
Gonzalez said that wasn’t PETA’s intention, because the ability to feel suffering doesn’t know racial boundaries — but that animals also have the ability to feel fear and pain.
“It’s definitely not an issue of race,” Gonzalez said. “It’s an issue of extending compassion to other species. Billions of baby animals are violently killed each year by the food industry.”
Cox also promised to protest the billboard and to look for legal action to remove it. That could be difficult, according to Tom Hagel, a professor at the University of Dayton School of Law.
“That’s going pretty far,” Hagel said about the billboard. “I would defend to the end their right to do it, but it’s incredibly bad taste.”
Wiseman has issued standard admonitions to the jurors against viewing or listening to media reports about the case, but now she might have to worry about where they drive.
“Why not wait until after sentencing has taken place,” Hagel said.
Hagel said the judge could sequester the jurors — which she did during the deliberations for the trial’s first phase. She could also give instructions to disregard any inflammatory information about the case.
Hagel, who said he was an animal lover and owner of two dogs, said he doubted that the billboard would influence jurors because it was so inflammatory.
“Something like that is so outside the boundaries,” Hagel said. “It’s not subtle at all. I think it’s uniformly disgusting.”
Contact this reporter at (937) 225-2057 or lgrieco@DaytonDailyNews.com.

MOhillbilly
05-19-2011, 09:24 AM
Shut your hole. I heart peta and westboro.

ModSocks
05-19-2011, 09:28 AM
Stupid Malnourished Vegans.

Ah. That felt good. Nothing like a little morning hate.

blaise
05-19-2011, 09:34 AM
I wonder if they realize his turns more people against their cause than for it. I don't see how they can think people will react positively to this.

ModSocks
05-19-2011, 09:36 AM
I wonder if they realize his turns more people against their cause than for it. I don't see how they can think people will react positively to this.

Damn straight. Ima go mircowave some babies tonight.

Sofa King
05-19-2011, 09:37 AM
http://204.45.110.156/bin/062009/1244628717_bomb.gif

tooge
05-19-2011, 09:57 AM
gotta throw out the obligatory "I love animals. The're delicious"

Saul Good
05-19-2011, 10:06 AM
More animals are killed to make a bun than to make a hamburger.

beach tribe
05-19-2011, 10:48 AM
"That is the most despicable thing that I have ever heard of,” Cox said. “That is despicable and deplorable and it’s inhuman and racist.”
Gonzalez said that wasn’t PETA’s intention, because the ability to feel suffering doesn’t know racial boundaries — but that animals also have the ability to feel fear and pain.

Are you fucking serious??
They're seriously going to try and pull the fucking race card here?
The race card is just the third joker in the deck these days because of people like this.
Another card with a clown on it.

Okie_Apparition
05-19-2011, 10:56 AM
Do they not realize how many generations of spotted owls and snail darters were lost when the poles and lumber were harvested to put up that billboard? Those bastards

RNR
05-19-2011, 10:57 AM
As I said before I would like to have a pair of cowboy boots made out of PETA members skin~

Simplex3
05-19-2011, 10:59 AM
Can they really not see the difference between microwaving part of a dead animal and microwaving a live human infant?

BigMeatballDave
05-19-2011, 11:01 AM
Can they really not see the difference between microwaving part of a dead animal and microwaving a live human infant?

No.

They're extremists. Logic isnt something their brain is capable of.

POND_OF_RED
05-19-2011, 11:03 AM
That's just sick.

Who the fuck microwaves porkchops?!?!

RockChalk
05-19-2011, 11:50 AM
That's just sick.

Who the **** microwaves porkchops?!?!

Lots of people. It's amazing how many people have no idea how to cook.

chasedude
05-19-2011, 12:50 PM
Mmmm Pork Chops, sounds good for supper tonight.

CrazyPhuD
05-19-2011, 12:56 PM
PETA members babies taste like especially juicy free range chicken when smoked, haven't got to try them fresh out of the microwave yet.

Bugeater
05-19-2011, 01:02 PM
Much like the WBC fucktards, it's all about the attention.

listopencil
05-19-2011, 01:58 PM
It would be cool to get a petition going wherein people promise to eat a serving of meat every time PETA pulls a publicity stunt. I'd sign it.

Just Passin' By
05-19-2011, 02:29 PM

PETA, and the other extreme animal groups, have had a major impact on the American fur industry, have gotten concessions from companies like KFC, and have even found a way to get pigs constitutional protections in the state of Florida.

They're nut jobs, but they've gotten some things done.

blaise
05-19-2011, 02:31 PM
PETA, and the other extreme animal groups, have had a major impact on the American fur industry, have gotten concessions from companies like KFC, and have even found a way to get pigs constitutional protections in the state of Florida.

They're nut jobs, but they've gotten some things done.

They get things done, but I don't think stunts like this one help. I would say they could get more done if they avoided these type of stunts.

beach tribe
05-19-2011, 02:38 PM
Lots of people. It's amazing how many people have no idea how to cook.

Seriously.

Baby is way better in the oven.

Just Passin' By
05-19-2011, 02:44 PM
They get things done, but I don't think stunts like this one help. I would say they could get more done if they avoided these type of stunts.

Well, they appeal to people's emotions by shocking the sensibilities of people so that they react rather than think, and that stirs up enough people that things get done. It's a common tactic that's had more than its fair share of success in this country.

blaise
05-19-2011, 02:47 PM
Well, they appeal to people's emotions by shocking the sensibilities of people so that they react rather than think, and that stirs up enough people that things get done. It's a common tactic that's had more than its fair share of success in this country.

I suppose it depends on what the actual reaction is. I don't know if you could say this billboard had an effective or ineffective net result. Simply drawing attention to something doesn't mean it leads to a positive result. In my opinion, the result from this particular stunt would be more negative than positive.

Ace Gunner
05-19-2011, 02:52 PM
Seriously.

Baby is way better in the oven.

ya, but slo cooker first with some gates

Calcountry
05-19-2011, 02:55 PM
"That is the most despicable thing that I have ever heard of,” Cox said. “That is despicable and deplorable and it’s inhuman and racist.”

Are you ****ing serious??
They're seriously going to try and pull the ****ing race card here?
The race card is just the third joker in the deck these days because of people like this.
Another card with a clown on it.Jessie Jackson has a special on race cards: 2 for 5 dolla.

Just Passin' By
05-19-2011, 02:58 PM
I suppose it depends on what the actual reaction is. I don't know if you could say this billboard had an effective or ineffective net result. Simply drawing attention to something doesn't mean it leads to a positive result. In my opinion, the result from this particular stunt would be more negative than positive.

Political correctness movement
"Modern" (sometimes known as second wave) feminism
Homosexual movement
Peta
etc...

They've all been mocked for their insane tactics and, yet they've all succeeded over time. Peta has been the least effective so far, but they've also had the toughest fight.

blaise
05-19-2011, 03:00 PM
Political correctness movement
"Modern" (sometimes known as second wave) feminism
Homosexual movement
Peta
etc...

They've all been mocked for their insane tactics and, yet they've all succeeded over time. Peta has been the least effective so far, but they've also had the toughest fight.

That doesn't prove the actual tactics were effective. The insane tactics are only part of the message. Other causes have succeeded without shock tactics.

Bwana
05-19-2011, 03:02 PM
http://www.backcountrydecals.com/images/petad.gif

Just Passin' By
05-19-2011, 03:08 PM
That doesn't prove the actual tactics were effective. The insane tactics are only part of the message. Other causes have succeeded without shock tactics.

While specific, individual decisions may have been failures, the overall approach has obviously been effective, as the proof is in the pudding, so to speak.

As for the other causes you're talking about, you didn't mention any, so I can't really respond to that.

blaise
05-19-2011, 05:06 PM
While specific, individual decisions may have been failures, the overall approach has obviously been effective, as the proof is in the pudding, so to speak.

As for the other causes you're talking about, you didn't mention any, so I can't really respond to that.

None of that shows that this type of approach is more effective than a less aggressive one. And I'm not saying their whole approach is effective or ineffective. I'm saying I think this particular instance is ineffective. There's no real factual way to show it is or it isn't, really. In my opinion this is going too far, so as to cause people to be turned off to their cause.

As far as some cause that doesn't use over the top shock value- raising awareness for lead paint in homes, for one. People are more aware of the harms of lead paint now than they were. I don't recall anyone posting billboards with brain damaged children or anything. I guess you would say any awareness raised about lead paint is proof in the pudding that their approach works. You seem to be implying there's no line too far for PETA. No matter how offensive the billboard or commercial, it's good because it made someone talk, and because people are now more sensitive to their issue it's proof it works. That's not proof. You don't know if their cause would be further along had they not used tactics like this.

LiveSteam
05-19-2011, 05:35 PM
Fur Murder

KurtCobain
05-19-2011, 05:35 PM
There he is!

LiveSteam
05-19-2011, 05:48 PM
There he is!

Fuck them!!!.
They like to drive around the country roads in Neb. & let air out of hunters truck tires.That's just going way to far.
I caught two lil bitches doing this to my truck back around 1995. They ran off & drove away when they seen us coming. They left a PETA flier pined between my wiper & window. BITCHES!
They were lucky.
I would have cut they're nipples off with my Stiletto given the chance.

Just Passin' By
05-19-2011, 06:49 PM
None of that shows that this type of approach is more effective than a less aggressive one. And I'm not saying their whole approach is effective or ineffective. I'm saying I think this particular instance is ineffective. There's no real factual way to show it is or it isn't, really. In my opinion this is going too far, so as to cause people to be turned off to their cause.

As far as some cause that doesn't use over the top shock value- raising awareness for lead paint in homes, for one. People are more aware of the harms of lead paint now than they were. I don't recall anyone posting billboards with brain damaged children or anything. I guess you would say any awareness raised about lead paint is proof in the pudding that their approach works. You seem to be implying there's no line too far for PETA. No matter how offensive the billboard or commercial, it's good because it made someone talk, and because people are now more sensitive to their issue it's proof it works. That's not proof. You don't know if their cause would be further along had they not used tactics like this.

Lead paint in the homes was all about shock value/"For the Children!". They were talking about kids being retarded because of the stuff, for goodness sakes.

FlaChief58
05-19-2011, 08:55 PM
Flesh is best!