PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink How the fuck is one supposed to eat Neapolitan ice cream?

RealSNR
05-21-2011, 11:53 PM
Chocolate ice cream = good.

Vanilla ice cream = good.

Strawberry ice cream = good.

Chocolate/vanilla/strawberry ice cream = no thank you.

The idea of combining those three flavors sounds gross. Rainbow sherbert works because at least all the flavors are citrusy. I know people like chocolate and strawberries. Chocolate and vanilla ice cream is also good. But add strawberry ice cream in there? That's rape.

If you served me a bowl of Neapolitan ice cream I'd have to zone out each of the three flavors and eat each one by itself. And then the melted ice cream would mix with the other melted ice cream flavors and just result in puke-flavored melted ice cream, which contaminates the unmelted stuff.

Get out of me with your weird Neapolitan ice cream. Fuck that.

Bowser
05-21-2011, 11:54 PM
The answer to your question is "very carefully".

Fish
05-21-2011, 11:55 PM
789% agree.

Simply Red
05-21-2011, 11:58 PM
it's awful, **** that, my dad bought it because he was cheap - yet still wanted to offer the family all of the variety he could.

KcMizzou
05-21-2011, 11:58 PM
You think too much.

Simply Red
05-22-2011, 12:01 AM
i'd rather die in a fire, i think.

Bowser
05-22-2011, 12:04 AM
Which is worse - neapolitan or spumoni?

stevieray
05-22-2011, 12:05 AM
strawberry, then vanilla, then chocolate.

bevischief
05-22-2011, 12:05 AM
not me...

RealSNR
05-22-2011, 12:07 AM
it's awful, **** that, my dad bought it because he was cheap - yet still wanted to offer the family all of the variety he could.That sucks dude. I hear ya.

When I was a kid, I used spend a few summer days at my aunt and uncle's house. My aunt would ask me how I liked my pizza and I would say, "Don't care about toppings, just make it extra cheesy." The place she ordered from was cheap ass and barely put any cheese on there. So to compensate she'd take those Kraft slices you put on burgers and stick one on my pizza. The result was disgusting shit. I was polite about it the first five times but then when I said she shouldn't add her own cheese to the pizza she said, "Why not? It's the same thing."

LiveSteam
05-22-2011, 12:07 AM
it's awful, **** that, my dad bought it because he was cheap - yet still wanted to offer the family all of the variety he could.

LMAO

GordonGekko
05-22-2011, 12:10 AM
I love Neopolitan ice cream, not so much spumoni

TinyEvel
05-22-2011, 01:43 AM
This thread rules. SNR I owe u a beer. Gordongecko you are a pussy. SNR your aunt is a c*nt.

BigMeatballDave
05-22-2011, 01:48 AM
With a spoon?

BigMeatballDave
05-22-2011, 01:50 AM
Wait. What? You would choose Sherbet over ice cream?

I'm afraid you're gonna have to surrender your Mancard.

Jewish Rabbi
05-22-2011, 02:02 AM
Thread of the fucking decade. Fuck neapolitan.

beach tribe
05-22-2011, 02:09 AM
Hell,

Chocolate =Good

Strawburruh = Good

Vanilla = Good

In my opinion = Triple Good.

Crush
05-22-2011, 03:52 AM
It is, indeed, the worst ice cream ever.

|Zach|
05-22-2011, 04:02 AM
Yikes. I like it alot.

Choc + Straw are superior to Vanilla in the equation though.

Over-Head
05-22-2011, 04:28 AM
With a spoon? My first thought also

Fire Me Boy!
05-22-2011, 05:24 AM
Neapolitan ice cream rules. You don't mix (though mixing is good), but you need equal proportions. My wife likes it too, but she generally will eat all of one flavor first (out of the carton, not her bowl), so after a couple days there's only two flavors left.

But I eat vanilla first, then either strawberry or chocolate. Totally depends on which I'm wanting more of that day - save the best for last.

RNR
05-22-2011, 05:25 AM
One of my favorites~

milkman
05-22-2011, 07:02 AM
Don't buy the shit.

Iowanian
05-22-2011, 07:08 AM
I've always stirred it together.

CoMoChief
05-22-2011, 07:29 AM
mint chocolate chip or gtfo

Bugeater
05-22-2011, 07:41 AM
My mom used to buy that shit, and of course the chocolate would be gone the first day because that's all my brothers and I would eat. Fuck that stuff.

Dr. Johnny Fever
05-22-2011, 07:50 AM
Seeing as I can't stand anything strawberry "flavored" and vanilla is almost an anti-flavor I'll pass. Just give me chocolate.

RealSNR
05-22-2011, 08:24 AM
Neapolitan ice cream rules. You don't mix (though mixing is good), but you need equal proportions. My wife likes it too, but she generally will eat all of one flavor first (out of the carton, not her bowl), so after a couple days there's only two flavors left.

But I eat vanilla first, then either strawberry or chocolate. Totally depends on which I'm wanting more of that day - save the best for last.Thanks for at least answering my question. It was half a rant against how much I don't like Neapolitan but it was also a question to Neapolitan fans: do you eat one flavor at a time or mix it together? You did so, so +1 for you.

But you're still a weirdo.

kcfan82
05-22-2011, 08:25 AM
My family used to fight over the chocolate, leaving the good stuff for me.

I must be one of the few humans in the world that hates chocolate.

RealSNR
05-22-2011, 08:26 AM
Wait. What? You would choose Sherbet over ice cream?

I'm afraid you're gonna have to surrender your Mancard.I'd rather eat an abortion and broken glass sundae with AIDS sprinkles than a single bowl of Neapolitan.

Sherbert is better than both of them.

Simply Red
05-22-2011, 08:28 AM
Spumoni is ok, but i'm wearing a different hat when I eat it.

Simply Red
05-22-2011, 08:30 AM
I'd rather eat an abortion and broken glass sundae with AIDS sprinkles than a single bowl of Neapolitan.

Sherbert is better than both of them.

Specially Rasberry Sherbet, chicks can get down on that type of sherbet. I hate neapolitan I.C. - it's just confusing and as OP say, the combo of flavors, absolutely do NOT work.

Bugeater
05-22-2011, 08:38 AM
Am I the only one who has no fucking idea what spumoni is? Guess I'll go Google it.

Edit: Gah! It has a bunch of fruit in it. I have no idea why anyone would want fruit in their ice cream, eating frozen fruit is NOT good. If you want fruit with your ice cream, put it on top FFS.

RealSNR
05-22-2011, 08:48 AM
Am I the only one who has no fucking idea what spumoni is? Guess I'll go Google it.

Edit: Gah! It has a bunch of fruit in it. I have no idea why anyone would want fruit in their ice cream, eating frozen fruit is NOT good. If you want fruit with your ice cream, put it on top FFS.Chocolate and pistachio could be good. Not sure about the other stuff in it.

Either way, I'll take it over Neapolitan ice cream

Simply Red
05-22-2011, 08:50 AM
Am I the only one who has no ****ing idea what spumoni is? Guess I'll go Google it.

Edit: Gah! It has a bunch of fruit in it. I have no idea why anyone would want fruit in their ice cream, eating frozen fruit is NOT good. If you want fruit with your ice cream, put it on top FFS.

the cherry bits are what save it from being Neapolitan. They work well there. I wished SNR would wake up and administor the Neapolitan 'critical beatdown'

Simply Red
05-22-2011, 08:51 AM
Chocolate and pistachio could be good. Not sure about the other stuff in it.

Either way, I'll take it over Neapolitan ice cream

Great! - you are awake. Been a few Neapolitan apologists on

RealSNR
05-22-2011, 08:52 AM
Great! - you are awake. Been a few Neapolitan apologists on
I did make an AIDS sprinkle joke in post #30.

Simply Red
05-22-2011, 08:55 AM
in all fairness, spumoni is to be served w/ a sugar crisp, as in: a sugar-cookie crisp. ....And that helps it, folks, ...believe me!

Mr_Tomahawk
05-22-2011, 08:56 AM
PIIHB

cdcox
05-22-2011, 09:02 AM
I haven't had it in years, and wouldn't buy it for myself, but it is a fine ice cream selection. I just eat it. I don't worry about mixing flavors in the same spoonful -- no problem there. If it gets soft, I could mix it together, but not mandatory. It's all good.

Simply Red
05-22-2011, 09:05 AM
not to be a dick here, but I almost always ONLY eat gelato.

bevischief
05-22-2011, 09:12 AM

old fart.

milkman
05-22-2011, 09:22 AM

Like Bugeater and Spumoni, I had no idea what Gelato is.

After googling it, I find that I might have to try it.

stevieray
05-22-2011, 09:22 AM
I haven't had it in years, and wouldn't buy it for myself, but it is a fine ice cream selection. I just eat it. I don't worry about mixing flavors in the same spoonful -- no problem there. If it gets soft, I could mix it together, but not mandatory. It's all good.

absolutely.

I'm glad to even HAVE ice cream.

mmmm.ice cream.

Simply Red
05-22-2011, 09:24 AM
Like Bugeater and Spumoni, I had no idea what Gelato is.

After googling it, I find that I might have to try it.

It's good, we have a Paolas here, the guy/owner is from Italy,
http://www.paolosgelato.com/

milkman
05-22-2011, 09:24 AM
absolutely.

I'm glad to even HAVE ice cream.

mmmm.ice cream.

When I was a kid, I had two choices when it came to ice cream at home.

Eat the neapolitan, or do without.

I chose to do without.

Simply Red
05-22-2011, 09:27 AM
Let me revise my post from earlier, I only BUY gelato, I eat ice-cream still, for sure.

cdcox
05-22-2011, 09:38 AM
I'm buying gelato for myself due to the lower saturated fat. It is close to as tasty as regular ice cream with about half the saturated fat.

Simply Red
05-22-2011, 09:40 AM
I'm buying gelato for myself due to the lower saturated fat. It is close to as tasty as regular ice cream with about half the saturated fat.

The one Publix handles is amazing. It's not their own label, though, because they DO carry Publix brand, this one is the OTHER one.

cabletech94
05-22-2011, 09:54 AM
i would the whole thing.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-22-2011, 09:56 AM
Mix it together and slurp it up.

RealSNR
05-22-2011, 10:06 AM
Mix it together and slurp it up.How about no, Scott?

tk13
05-22-2011, 10:37 AM
I refuse to eat anything named after a French dictator.

Gonzo
05-22-2011, 10:37 AM
Found a new ice cream at the local Target super-store that makes me pop a boner with each spoonful.
Espresso ice cream with chocolate chips in it. FTMFW
I dig coffee flavored ice cream anyway but this is really f'n good.
Throw a little hershey's syrup on it and let the diabetes settle in.
Posted via Mobile Device

Huffmeister
05-22-2011, 10:40 AM
Rainbow sherbert works because at least all the flavors are citrusy.
It's actually spelled 'sherbet' (only one r). I found that out a couple of years ago and it turned my whole world upside down.

tk13
05-22-2011, 10:43 AM
It's actually spelled 'sherbet' (only one r). I found that out a couple of years ago and it turned my whole world upside down.

I felt the same way when I realized his name wasn't SNRR. I always thought he was a pirate.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-22-2011, 10:48 AM
How about no, Scott?

Throw a little strawberry in the bowl, add some chocolate, vanilla, and baby you got a neapolitan goin!!!

Infidel Goat
05-22-2011, 10:50 AM
One of the many scenes I love from the Simpsons:

Homer opens the freezer, pulls out a box of neapolitan ice cream and sees that the chocolate has been eaten (leaving the vanilla and strawberry). He puts it back in the freezer and pulls out another box of neapolitan ice cream. Again the chocolate has been eaten, but the strawberry and vanilla is left. He puts this box back in the freezer and yells, "Marge, we need more neapolitan ice cream!"

Genius.

Kerberos
05-22-2011, 11:00 AM
How the **** is one supposed to eat Neapolitan ice cream?.

Some people have A LOT of different ways of looking at things.

Rausch
05-22-2011, 11:10 AM
Some people have A LOT of different ways of looking at things.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff42/darncrow/Do%20Not%20Want%20or%20Fap/bundy_do_not_want.jpg

Stewie
05-22-2011, 11:37 AM
I worked at Zarda dairy making ice cream during the summers while in high school and college. If memory serves me (this was many years ago) this was the order in quantity that we ran:

1) Vanilla (by far)
2) Chocolate
3) Chocolate Chip

The rest, which were a small percentage, included Strawberry, Neapolitan, Butter Pecan and other ingredients added to vanilla. Sherbet was run on occasion.

We also did non-fat ice cream. It was called ice milk back then. I'm not sure what it's called now since I don't buy it.

My all time favorite is Tin Roof Sundae. That stuff is killer.

milkman
05-22-2011, 11:44 AM
I worked at Zarda dairy making ice cream during the summers while in high school and college. If memory serves me (this was many years ago) this was the order in quantity that we ran:

1) Vanilla (by far)
2) Chocolate
3) Chocolate Chip

The rest, which were a small percentage, included Strawberry, Neapolitan, Butter Pecan and other ingredients added to vanilla. Sherbet was run on occasion.

We also did non-fat ice cream. It was called ice milk back then. I'm not sure what it's called now since I don't buy it.

My all time favorite is Tin Roof Sundae. That stuff is killer.

Ice milk is now sold as lowfat ice cream.

And Vanilla Ice cream is still, far and away the best seller.

Rausch
05-22-2011, 11:46 AM
I worked at Zarda dairy

Cynicism justified.

My bad...

Stewie
05-22-2011, 11:49 AM
Cynicism justified.

My bad...

I don't understand.

Okie_Apparition
05-22-2011, 12:30 PM
Quick, someone give him a slice of checkerboard ice cream & see if his head explodes.

bowener
05-22-2011, 12:32 PM
strawberry, then vanilla, then chocolate.

Precisely.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-22-2011, 12:40 PM

Heh, when you want fruit with your ice cream, you invite Boy George over to share a bottle of Mike's.

RealSNR
05-22-2011, 12:42 PM
Quick, someone give him a slice of checkerboard ice cream & see if his head explodes.Slice? A slice of ice cream? Fucking weirdo.

Checkerboard ice cream? That's just vanilla and chocolate, right? I already said that's good. Fucking dumbass.

Are you a neapolitan ice cream fan? You probably are. Fucking weirdo.

DeezNutz
05-22-2011, 12:42 PM
With a spoon. And it's delicious.

RealSNR
05-22-2011, 12:44 PM
With a spoon. And it's delicious.Weirdo.

milkman
05-22-2011, 12:44 PM
With a spoon. And it's delicious.

Repost.

Okie_Apparition
05-22-2011, 12:46 PM
Lance Long says neapalitan ice cream is a great roid masker

Simply Red
05-22-2011, 12:48 PM
It's immature to select only one flavor out of the same package. It's like picking the m&m's out of trail-mix.

Simply Red
05-22-2011, 12:49 PM
Quick, someone give him a slice of checkerboard ice cream & see if his head explodes.

http://i56.tinypic.com/20js61h.gif

Okie_Apparition
05-22-2011, 12:58 PM
I don't understand how anyone can eat a banana split. What a vile concoction of leftover 12 forms of crap

bevischief
05-22-2011, 02:35 PM
Hot sauce.

Gonzo
05-22-2011, 03:02 PM
Speaking of I.C.

I was thinking about buying an ice cream maker. The good ones aren't all that expensive. I was thinking about some interesting flavors to try out as well.

I would think that Red Bull flavored ice cream might be pretty damn good. I drink the sugar free ones all the time.
Also would like to try some real off the wall stuff. I saw an episode of Bizarre Foods where he was eating roast beef flavored I.C. or something like that.

What about BBQ flavor?
Posted via Mobile Device

RealSNR
05-22-2011, 03:39 PM
Speaking of I.C.

I was thinking about buying an ice cream maker. The good ones aren't all that expensive. I was thinking about some interesting flavors to try out as well.

I would think that Red Bull flavored ice cream might be pretty damn good. I drink the sugar free ones all the time.
Also would like to try some real off the wall stuff. I saw an episode of Bizarre Foods where he was eating roast beef flavored I.C. or something like that.

What about BBQ flavor?
Posted via Mobile DeviceRoast beef ice cream and BBQ ice cream would taste pretty good together.

But if you add strawberry to that, that's f'n disgusting

Bugeater
05-22-2011, 03:43 PM
Speaking of I.C.

What about BBQ flavor?
Posted via Mobile Device
We had an ice cream maker when we were kids, it was a big fucking pain in the ass to make and it wasn't even that good. Unless there has been some revolution in home ice cream making technology in the last 30 years, I wouldn't waste my time trying it.

Just Passin' By
05-22-2011, 05:49 PM
Speaking of I.C.

What about BBQ flavor?
Posted via Mobile Device

If you've got a Kitchen Aid mixer, you can actually get an ice cream maker attachment.

http://www.amazon.com/KitchenAid-KICA0WH-Cream-Maker-Attachment/dp/B0002IES80/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1306108078&sr=8-1

Gonzo
05-22-2011, 11:08 PM
We had an ice cream maker when we were kids, it was a big fucking pain in the ass to make and it wasn't even that good. Unless there has been some revolution in home ice cream making technology in the last 30 years, I wouldn't waste my time trying it.

I'd think advancements have been made since you were a kid. Electricity and all...
Posted via Mobile Device

teedubya
05-22-2011, 11:23 PM
Eat with chocolate syrup, caramel syrup, strawberry puree on a banana topped with whipped cream.

SuperChief
05-23-2011, 10:50 AM
Fruit with ice cream is delicious. You've never had apple pie a la mode?

tooge
05-23-2011, 12:41 PM
Hmm. I grew up eating Neopolitan ice cream. Love the stuff. I dump a bunch of crushed peanuts on it. Don't care if it mixes up a bit.

Predarat
05-23-2011, 12:45 PM
vanilla first, strawberry second, Chocolate third, thats how.

Easy 6
05-23-2011, 12:49 PM
You say... OHHH! ya tri-colored fanook, get in my mouth before i throw ya a beatin ya mutt ya!

RealSNR
05-23-2011, 01:16 PM
The answer I'm hearing from everybody is that you eat the flavors one at a time.

I agree that it's probably the least disgusting way to eat Neapolitan ice cream. But if I'm going to do that, give me a scoop of strawberry, a scoop of vanilla, and a scoop of chocolate and then separate them into their own individual bowls.

Fire Me Boy!
05-23-2011, 01:19 PM
The answer I'm hearing from everybody is that you eat the flavors one at a time.

I agree that it's probably the least disgusting way to eat Neapolitan ice cream. But if I'm going to do that, give me a scoop of strawberry, a scoop of vanilla, and a scoop of chocolate and then separate them into their own individual bowls.

There's nothin' wrong with eating a little together at a time. I almost always have a little chocolate with strawberry.

tooge
05-23-2011, 01:21 PM

thats like saying "I like mashed potatos, I like gravy, and I like potroast. But can't they all be in their own little plates?"

blaise
05-23-2011, 01:27 PM
Breyers had a flavor for a little while that had vanilla ice cream on one side of the box and orange sherbet on the other. It tasted like one of those orange creamsicles when you ate it.

RealSNR
05-23-2011, 01:44 PM
thats like saying "I like mashed potatos, I like gravy, and I like potroast. But can't they all be in their own little plates?"You're saying gravy, mashed potatoes, and pot roast are flavors that don't go together?

tooge
05-23-2011, 01:50 PM
You're saying gravy, mashed potatoes, and pot roast are flavors that don't go together?

OF couse they do. So do strawberry and chocolate. Ever had a strawberry dipped in chocolate? Ever wonder why strawberries dipped in chocolate are at brunches, candy shops, valentines gifts? And vanilla is sort of the middle man. You know, like choc and vanilla swirl. That is my point. For MOST people, they go together like mashed potatos and gravy and pot roast, hence the reason they are packaged together

Fire Me Boy!
05-23-2011, 01:56 PM
OF couse they do. So do strawberry and chocolate. Ever had a strawberry dipped in chocolate? Ever wonder why strawberries dipped in chocolate are at brunches, candy shops, valentines gifts? And vanilla is sort of the middle man. You know, like choc and vanilla swirl. That is my point. For MOST people, they go together like mashed potatos and gravy and pot roast, hence the reason they are packaged together

Even strawberry and vanilla go together in a "peaches and cream" sort of way.

Pants
05-23-2011, 01:57 PM
Spumoni is where it's at. I never eat the chocolate part, though. I ****ing hate chocolate ice cream. In fact, I hate everything "chocolate" except good chocolate itself - none of that American Hershey bullshit, I'm talking about Swiss-made Lindt milk chocolate with whole hazelnuts in it. Black coffee (no sugar, no cream) makes it even better.

Fire Me Boy!
05-23-2011, 02:01 PM
Spumoni is where it's eat. I never eat the chocolate part, I ****ing hate chocolate ice cream. In fact, I hate everything "chocolate" except good chocolate itself - none of that American Hershey bullshit, I'm talking about Swiss-made Lindt milk chocolate with whole hazelnuts in it. Black coffee (no sugar, no cream) makes it even better.

It's proven that coffee makes chocolate taste more chocolaty, so you're in the know there.

RealSNR
05-23-2011, 02:02 PM
OF couse they do. So do strawberry and chocolate. Ever had a strawberry dipped in chocolate? Ever wonder why strawberries dipped in chocolate are at brunches, candy shops, valentines gifts? And vanilla is sort of the middle man. You know, like choc and vanilla swirl. That is my point. For MOST people, they go together like mashed potatos and gravy and pot roast, hence the reason they are packaged togetherI addressed this pages ago. Chocolate and strawberry ice cream =/= chocolate-covered strawberries

Simply Red
05-23-2011, 02:08 PM
I hate Neapolitan Ice-Cream - I think the inventor should be forced to shit broken glass pieces.

Simply Red
05-23-2011, 02:08 PM
I addressed this pages ago. Chocolate and strawberry ice cream =/= chocolate-covered strawberries

Ty

Chief Roundup
05-23-2011, 02:11 PM
How the **** is one supposed to eat Neapolitan ice cream?

With a spoon.

Fire Me Boy!
05-23-2011, 02:11 PM
I addressed this pages ago. Chocolate and strawberry ice cream =/= chocolate-covered strawberries

No kidding, but it's a flavor combination that has withstood the test of time. Get over the fact that you're the minority on this one.

RealSNR
05-23-2011, 02:21 PM
No kidding, but it's a flavor combination that has withstood the test of time. Get over the fact that you're the minority on this one.K.
789% agree.
Which is worse - neapolitan or spumoni?
This thread rules. SNR I owe u a beer. Gordongecko you are a pussy. SNR your aunt is a c*nt.
Thread of the fucking decade. Fuck neapolitan.
It is, indeed, the worst ice cream ever.

RealSNR
05-23-2011, 02:22 PM
I got more, too. Those were just from the first page.

blaise
05-23-2011, 02:24 PM
You put three scoops in a bowl, and eat one at a time. What's the big deal?

tooge
05-23-2011, 02:26 PM
SNR, it is what it is. If everyone liked the same flavor of ice cream, Baskin Robbins wouldn't have ever been opened. BTW, my favorite ice cream flavor is peanut butter and chocolate. The one at Band R with the actual chunks of peanut butter in the choc ice cream.

RealSNR
05-23-2011, 02:45 PM
SNR, it is what it is. If everyone liked the same flavor of ice cream, Baskin Robbins wouldn't have ever been opened. BTW, my favorite ice cream flavor is peanut butter and chocolate. The one at Band R with the actual chunks of peanut butter in the choc ice cream.Ahh, here it comes. The "but different people like different flavors, so why can't you just accept that" shit.

If we want to use logical extremes to defend the anti-feather-ruffler side of issues, then great. Perfect. Let's not post our opinions. Let's not share ideas. Let's just stop posting on Chiefsplanet altogether.

Yeah, that's irrational, but so is posting 'THAT'S JUST YOUR OPINION" to threads that deal with matters of taste. There are plenty of people who hate Neapolitan. This thread has gotten hits because of that.

Fire Me Boy!
05-23-2011, 02:56 PM
I got more, too. Those were just from the first page.

If people didn't buy the shit out of it, no one would make it. And by my estimation, nearly every company makes a version of Neapolitan ice cream.

tooge
05-23-2011, 03:01 PM
Ahh, here it comes. The "but different people like different flavors, so why can't you just accept that" shit.

If we want to use logical extremes to defend the anti-feather-ruffler side of issues, then great. Perfect. Let's not post our opinions. Let's not share ideas. Let's just stop posting on Chiefsplanet altogether.

Yeah, that's irrational, but so is posting 'THAT'S JUST YOUR OPINION" to threads that deal with matters of taste. There are plenty of people who hate Neapolitan. This thread has gotten hits because of that.

K. I cant stand butter pecan! It's freaking overly sweet. Might as well drink maple syrup. Oh, and black walnut is disgusting, and I love walnuts. Ice cream shouldn't be bitter, wtf.They should get rid of those along with anything that is grainy, like cookie dough. I mean, it's ice CREAM, as in creamy, not ice GRAIN. In fact, screw it. Lets get rid of all of them except peanut butter and chocolate. That is the most successful flavor combo ever, so that should make everyone happy.

Pants
05-23-2011, 03:03 PM
K. I cant stand butter pecan! It's freaking overly sweet. Might as well drink maple syrup. Oh, and black walnut is disgusting, and I love walnuts. Ice cream shouldn't be bitter, wtf.They should get rid of those along with anything that is grainy, like cookie dough. I mean, it's ice CREAM, as in creamy, not ice GRAIN. In fact, screw it. Lets get rid of all of them except peanut butter and chocolate. That is the most successful flavor combo ever, so that should make everyone happy.

Good butter pecan is sweet and salty. Sweet and salty is 2nd only to sweet and sour.

RealSNR
05-23-2011, 03:04 PM
K. I cant stand butter pecan! It's freaking overly sweet. Might as well drink maple syrup. Oh, and black walnut is disgusting, and I love walnuts. Ice cream shouldn't be bitter, wtf.They should get rid of those along with anything that is grainy, like cookie dough. I mean, it's ice CREAM, as in creamy, not ice GRAIN. In fact, screw it. Lets get rid of all of them except peanut butter and chocolate. That is the most successful flavor combo ever, so that should make everyone happy.I love butter pecan. Companies make it for a reason. You're in the minority.

tooge
05-23-2011, 03:14 PM
I love butter pecan. Companies make it for a reason. You're in the minority.

I can live without neopolitan if you can live without butter pecan. I say do away with both. Lose one decent ice cream in order to get rid of a total abortion of an idea.

Pants
05-23-2011, 03:16 PM
I can live without neopolitan if you can live without butter pecan. I say do away with both. Lose one decent ice cream in order to get rid of a total abortion of an idea.

To be fair, you're the weirdo on this one. Butter Pecan is one of the most popular flavors. Neapolitan doesn't even come close, lol.

Gots ta get that Blue Bell or Haagen Dasz, though. None of that Breyers (/gag) bullshit.

tooge
05-23-2011, 03:21 PM
To be fair, you're the weirdo on this one. Butter Pecan is one of the most popular flavors. Neapolitan doesn't even come close, lol.

Gots ta get that Blue Bell or Haagen Dasz, though. None of that Breyers (/gag) bullshit.

Hmmm. I'll bet more neopolitan sells nationwide than any flavor other than vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry by themselves. It's what most kids like

Okie_Apparition
05-23-2011, 03:26 PM
I think the problem is the vessel. Try some neapolitan on the small of Selma Hyake's back & some butter pecan on Natalie Portman's navel.

Pants
05-23-2011, 03:27 PM
Hmmm. I'll bet more neopolitan sells nationwide than any flavor other than vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry by themselves. It's what most kids like

http://www.icecreamprofits.com/articles/ice-cream-flavors.php

Butter Pecan = #3, my friend.

Fire Me Boy!
05-23-2011, 03:32 PM
Top 10 selling ice cream flavors

1. Vanilla (29%)
2. Chocolate (8.9%)
3. Butter Pecan (5.3%)
4. Strawberry (5.3%)
5. Neapolitan (4.2%)
6. Chocolate Chip (3.9%)
7. French Vanilla (3.8%)
8. Cookies 'n' Cream (3.6%)
9. Fudge Ripple (2.6%)
10. Praline (1.7%)

Source: International Ice Cream Association

tooge
05-23-2011, 03:33 PM
http://www.icecreamprofits.com/articles/ice-cream-flavors.php

Butter Pecan = #3, my friend.

Ah, I stand corrected. The horrible and almost universally hated (according to SNR) neopolitan comes in at #5. I'd say I'm not in the minority regarding liking it.

RealSNR
05-23-2011, 04:12 PM
Ah, I stand corrected. The horrible and almost universally hated (according to SNR) neopolitan comes in at #5. I'd say I'm not in the minority regarding liking it.Neapolitan is the Sarah Palin of ice cream flavors. Its fans love it and think it's great. And there are quite a few of them. But a lot of people (an overwhelming amount) believe it's gross and awful. It comes in as the #5 ice cream flavor, but it's only got about 5% of ice cream sales.

That doesn't prove shit that people who don't like that flavor are in the minority.

stevieray
05-23-2011, 04:30 PM
You put three scoops in a bowl, and eat one at a time. What's the big deal?which scoop to eat first?

mlyonsd
05-23-2011, 04:44 PM
I haven't had it since I was a kid but I remember eating the chocolate and vanilla and pitching the strawberry. I doubt I'd do that today.

Fire Me Boy!
05-23-2011, 05:10 PM
Neapolitan is the Sarah Palin of ice cream flavors. Its fans love it and think it's great. And there are quite a few of them. But a lot of people (an overwhelming amount) believe it's gross and awful. It comes in as the #5 ice cream flavor, but it's only got about 5% of ice cream sales.

That doesn't prove shit that people who don't like that flavor are in the minority.

It proves that people are buying more Neapolitan than about 4 billion other ice cream flavors.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-23-2011, 05:22 PM
I think we have quite a few Planet members traumatized by being forcefed the stuff from thier aunts and grandmas ROFL There is nothing wrong with the stuff and when you combine all 3 and stir it into a soup...:thumb:

Gracie Dean
05-23-2011, 06:13 PM
Well, I love Chocolate so that section was mine. My brother liked strawberry so he got that and one of my sister's loved Vanilla so that was hers.

3 kids...3 different flavors ...problem solved

RealSNR
05-23-2011, 06:15 PM
I think we have quite a few Planet members traumatized by being forcefed the stuff from thier aunts and grandmas ROFL There is nothing wrong with the stuff and when you combine all 3 and stir it into a soup...:thumb:
And don't you think it's about time to stop force-feeding kids the crap that they only kind of sorta like?

I mean, in all these cases none of the adults are exactly giddy about Kraft cheese slice pizza or Neapolitan ice cream or spumoni. They get it, have a nibble, and then expect the kids to gobble it up because they themselves won't.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-23-2011, 06:22 PM
And don't you think it's about time to stop force-feeding kids the crap that they only kind of sorta like?

I mean, in all these cases none of the adults are exactly giddy about Kraft cheese slice pizza or Neapolitan ice cream or spumoni. They get it, have a nibble, and then expect the kids to gobble it up because they themselves won't.

I wouldn't feed that crap to my dog :Lin:

Chocolate, Strawberry, and Vanilla ice cream are all tasty.

Bugeater
05-23-2011, 07:18 PM
How the fuck does a thread about Neapolitan ice cream go for over 120 posts?

Okie_Apparition
05-23-2011, 07:21 PM
When I was a kid, we didn't have this..fancy ice cream. We scraped snow & rock salt from between the treads of studded snow tires. And WE LOVED IT!!!

milkman
05-23-2011, 07:52 PM
How the **** does a thread about Neapolitan ice cream go for over 120 posts?

Lockout lunacy.

Luke
05-24-2011, 04:23 AM
You guys are killing my diet!

Being a registered old guy, I have found memories of turning the handle of the ice-cream maker and sneaking a piece of the rock salt ice in the machine.

I have to be added to the list of choc/vanilla/strawberry or none of the above.