PDA

View Full Version : Football Knowshon Knowshow

RustShack
05-24-2011, 08:01 PM
Knowshon Moreno could be headed for reduced role in Broncos backfield
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on May 24, 2011, 3:52 PM EDT
Knowshon Moreno, Dominique Barber AP

The Broncos didn’t draft a running back this year, but that doesn’t mean Knowshon Moreno’s status as the team’s primary running back is safe.

Jeff Legwold of the Denver Post writes that the Broncos want a “big back” and now envision Moreno as being “more of a situational player.” Legwold thinks Moreno is headed for a third down role.

If that’s the case, the Broncos will be active in free agency. They should be in the mix for DeAngelo Williams, Fox’s old buddy in Carolina. Legwold also expects the team to show interest in fullback Mike Karney.

Moreno has the pedigree of an elite running back — he was taken No. 13 overall — but we can’t argue with this plan. Injuries have been a problem for Moreno and he could benefit from splitting the workload.

Some “big backs” that could be available this offseason include Cedric Benson and Ronnie Brown.

Hammock Parties
05-24-2011, 08:02 PM
http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ldp3jukzHo1qb9a2wo1_500.png

Saul Good
05-24-2011, 08:08 PM
Good thing they got rid of Peyton Hillis.

DBOSHO
05-24-2011, 08:09 PM
Guess knowmos due for another namechange. Tebowsrapture1515

RustShack
05-24-2011, 08:16 PM
Good thing they got rid of Peyton Hillis.

But didn't they get LenDale White!?

:clap:

Okie_Apparition
05-24-2011, 08:39 PM
Spanked out/KnowMo

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-24-2011, 08:57 PM
Guess knowmos due for another namechange. Tebowsrapture1515

LMAO

RustShack
05-24-2011, 08:58 PM
Wasn't he the next Priest Holmes? Maybe they are just hoping using him like Charles makes him play like Charles?

-King-
05-24-2011, 09:31 PM
Wasn't he the next Priest Holmes? Maybe they are just hoping using him like Charles makes him play like Charles?

Shit, Charles is nothing but a poor mans Tatum Bell...

RealSNR
05-24-2011, 09:36 PM
Knowmo's the next Priest
Tebow's the next Steve Young
Demaryius Thomas is the next Jerry Rice
Von Miller is the next DT

Sheesh. Where have you been? Probably thinking that Jamaal Charles is anything more than Tatum Bell. Which he's not.

milkman
05-24-2011, 10:03 PM
You can not stop Kowshon Moreno, you can only hope the Bronco organization contains him.

ClevelandBronco
05-24-2011, 10:24 PM
Wasn't he the next Priest Holmes?

Well, how many yards did Priest Holmes get last season? Huh? Huh?

Quesadilla Joe
05-24-2011, 11:46 PM
The Chiefs went out and got Thomas Jones last year. And I haven't heard any reports saying Jamaal Charles is working out with Casshole.

Jewish Rabbi
05-24-2011, 11:50 PM
The Chiefs went out and got Thomas Jones last year. And I haven't heard any reports saying Jamaal Charles is working out with Casshole.

Because it requires so much chemistry to hand him the ball...

Tylerthigpen!1!
05-25-2011, 12:27 AM

The guy is working out with the UT track team. I think he is doing okay.

RealSNR
05-25-2011, 12:29 AM
Because it requires so much chemistry to hand him the ball...
mortreport
Tebow's been running hand-off drills nonstop for the past 48 hours so he'll be able to work with any running back in the Denver backfield.

:)

/Knowmo

CrazyPhuD
05-25-2011, 12:32 AM
Guess they have to find a position for Tebow to play, RB is probably just as good as any other.

listopencil
05-25-2011, 02:45 AM
This is actually pretty funny. Sports media outlets have nothing to report so they are running a giant circle jerk. AP steals the content of a paragraph from the Q&A section of a Denver Post article...

"Leshoure and Thomas are big backs, and Fox likes to have big backs in his offense. The Broncos now see Knowshon Moreno as being more of a situational player for them. Moreno, a former Georgia star and first-round pick, has made more impact plays in the NFL as a receiver. His role in the Fox era likely will be more of a third-down player."
Read more: Q&A: Broncos' stable of running backs isn't etched in stone - The Denver Post (http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_18123254#ixzz1NLqmMXeC) http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_18123254#ixzz1NLqmMXeC
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

...and makes up a story. Bear in mind that the Legwold piece has no quotes in it from anyone within the Broncos organization. He admits that Denver didn't draft a RB year but points out guys that were brought in for a pre draft look. He's speculating based on what he thinks Fox wants to do. In other words, a fluff piece designed to create traffic because nothing is actually going on yet. Keep on fucking that chicken though.

Mile High Mania
05-25-2011, 05:03 AM
Hey, I agree that he's not a big time RB... I traded him last week in one of my dynasty leagues...

But, the guy has value - he's just not elite. I think they should get someone like DeAngelo, but it's going to be a rotation no matter who they have back there. This is boredom on the part of Legwold and Rosenthal... nothing really new here, is it?

factortobe
05-25-2011, 05:20 AM
:$2500:donkeys. The broncos suck!!!