PDA

View Full Version : Football Jim Tressel resigns from Ohio State

KCFalcon59
05-30-2011, 07:39 AM
ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6606999)

KCFalcon59
05-30-2011, 07:40 AM
Took him long enough. Should have done it a while ago.

kcfan82
05-30-2011, 07:51 AM
Let the Bo Pelini to tOSU rumors commence.

Los Pollos Hermanos
05-30-2011, 07:58 AM
I hope sweater vests don't go out of style because of this. I'll have to get a whole new wardrobe.

DaKCMan AP
05-30-2011, 08:12 AM
http://www.celsius1414.com/images/nelson_haha.jpg

DaKCMan AP
05-30-2011, 08:12 AM
Although the Urban Meyer to osu rumors are going to be annoying.

Bugeater
05-30-2011, 08:17 AM
Let the Bo Pelini to tOSU rumors commence.
YOU SHUT THE HELL UP.

kcfan82
05-30-2011, 08:24 AM
YOU SHUT THE HELL UP.

I'm not that worried, tOSU looks less appealing when they're about to get SMU'ed.

BigMeatballDave
05-30-2011, 08:25 AM
This may save Ohio St from probation.

BigMeatballDave
05-30-2011, 08:27 AM
http://www.celsius1414.com/images/nelson_haha.jpgLaugh all you want. This Buckeye fan is glad he is gone.

BigMeatballDave
05-30-2011, 08:29 AM
Although the Urban Meyer to osu rumors are going to be annoying.No more annoying than the Florida Gators :)

LiveSteam
05-30-2011, 08:32 AM
YOU SHUT THE HELL UP.

Let the fucker go if he wants to. Guy dnt have a clue about running an offense

the Talking Can
05-30-2011, 08:33 AM
can't be...according to osu fans his only crime is caring too much

LiveSteam
05-30-2011, 08:34 AM
can't be...according to osu fans his only crime is caring too much

LMAO

kcfan82
05-30-2011, 08:34 AM
Let the ****er go if he wants to. Guy dnt have a clue about running an offense

He didn't have a QB for over half of the season.

LiveSteam
05-30-2011, 08:35 AM
He didn't have a QB for over half of the season.

Great Defensive mind. Offensively????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????!!!

kcfan82
05-30-2011, 08:38 AM
Bill Callahan had a great offensive mind, but lacked on defense.

You have to ask yourself which would you rather have.

BigMeatballDave
05-30-2011, 08:38 AM
can't be...according to osu fans his only crime is caring too muchNot true. In fact, I don't know a single fan who thinks this.

LiveSteam
05-30-2011, 08:40 AM
Not true. In fact, I don't know a single fan who thinks this.

NO way, coaching names aint the talk of the town today in Ohio.
Lets hear a few of the names being tossed around in your neck of the woods

notorious
05-30-2011, 08:42 AM
Bill Callahan had a great offensive mind, but lacked on defense.

You have to ask yourself which would you rather have.

Urban Meyer

BigMeatballDave
The only thing Tressel was good at was beating Michigan.

Not difficult thing to do since Michigan has sucked so bad for so long.

the Talking Can
Not true. In fact, I don't know a single fan who thinks this.

you can read it on any osu thread since this shit broke....right now, they're crying about how the media "got what they wanted"....an innocent man taken down....

notorious
05-30-2011, 08:43 AM
Who is their top prospect?

BigRedChief
05-30-2011, 08:44 AM
Whitlock is tweeting that Hoke to OSU is a done deal. Lloyd
Carr to be DC.

the Talking Can
05-30-2011, 08:44 AM
i could post hilarious shit all day, but i think this sums it up (from scout):

In a way, College Football is not good enough for a quality man like Jim Tressel.

the Talking Can
05-30-2011, 08:45 AM
etc...

Tress' one big "fault" came back to bite him... his loyalty.

notorious
05-30-2011, 08:47 AM
Herm Edwards would be the perfect fit at OSU.

the Talking Can
etc...

Surprising that he would resign due to a baseless witch hunt that had no grounds in reality or merit as journalism.

BigMeatballDave
you can read it on any osu thread since this shit broke....right now, they're crying about how the media "got what they wanted"....an innocent man taken down....

I don't know any of those moronic fans and don't wish to.

Im glad he's gone.

PunkinDrublic
Tressel or no Tressel Ohio State has always had one of the dirtiest programs in college football. That is not going to change by getting a new head coach.

notorious
05-30-2011, 08:48 AM

Im glad he's gone.

That must be the Knomo version of a Buckeye fan.

DaKCMan AP
05-30-2011, 08:48 AM
Whitlock is tweeting that Hoke to OSU is a done deal.

:LOL:

Bugeater
05-30-2011, 08:55 AM
Let the fucker go if he wants to. Guy dnt have a clue about running an offense
It's not his job. And he's the best we're going to get.

CrazyPhuD
Anyway we can convince Cassel to take the job?

BigMeatballDave
Tressel or no Tressel Ohio State has always had one of the dirtiest programs in college football. That is not going to change by getting a new head coach.All programs are crooked to some extent.

the Talking Can
05-30-2011, 08:56 AM

Im glad he's gone.

of course you don't, it's a message board...and it's been hilarious lunacy since this story broke months ago...

CuseBuckeyeFan wrote: Does anyone feel bad that Hooley lost his job for calling out Tress?

"Hooley is a Class A douchenozzle who contributes nothing positive to the world. He is on the Mount Rushmore of all time a$$wipes, along with Hitler, Stalin, and Satan. The day he dies, poverty and wars across the globe will end, energy will become free and all diseases will be cured. He is the greatest cancer that this planet has ever known."

BigMeatballDave
05-30-2011, 08:57 AM
That must be the Knomo version of a Buckeye fan.Who?

BigMeatballDave
05-30-2011, 09:00 AM
of course you don't, it's a message board...and it's been hilarious lunacy since this story broke months ago...Oh. So its like Nick Assclowns site?

KCFalcon59
05-30-2011, 09:46 AM
Speculation on replacements.... Link (http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/42588/feldman-on-replacements-for-jim-tressel)

The typical list of Urban Meyer, Jon Gruden and even Pinkel.

Pitt Gorilla
05-30-2011, 09:55 AM
Speculation on replacements.... Link (http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/42588/feldman-on-replacements-for-jim-tressel)

The typical list of Urban Meyer, Jon Gruden and even Pinkel.Leave Pinkel alone.

notorious
05-30-2011, 10:04 AM
Pinkel.

And there it is.

Ba Bye.

Reaper16
05-30-2011, 10:11 AM
And there it is.

Ba Bye.
Pinkel already turned down Michigan, I really don't think he's going to go to a heavily-sanctioned Ohio St.

notorious
05-30-2011, 10:16 AM
Pinkel already turned down Michigan, I really don't think he's going to go to a heavily-sanctioned Ohio St.

Just trying to get the OSU and Mizzou fans fired up. :fire:

Bewbies
05-30-2011, 10:46 AM
Maybe OSU can hire that douchetard from USC after he's fired when they come off probation...?

eazyb81
05-30-2011, 10:57 AM
The top of the list has to be Meyer, Stoops, and Bobo Pelini.

The rumor machine is going to get annoying real fast if they really aren't going to hire a new coach until next year.

notorious
05-30-2011, 11:04 AM
The top of the list has to be Meyer, Stoops, and Bobo Pelini.

The rumor machine is going to get annoying real fast if they really aren't going to hire a new coach until next year.

Why would Meyer or Stoops go to OSU?

I know you didn't say it, but whoever is saying it doesn't have a clue. Meyer has life-threatening health concerns and Bob is set forever at OU.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-30-2011, 11:26 AM
How about Chips "Ahoy" Kelly?

chiefzilla1501
05-30-2011, 11:31 AM
As an osu fan, this was warranted. But it does annoy me that espn treated this like a witch hunt while auburn's violations were 10 times worse. Enforce the rules consistently or don't enforce them at all.

WV
05-30-2011, 11:31 AM
I personally hope OSU falls the way of Mich....irrelevancy!

Gonzo
05-30-2011, 11:33 AM
All programs are crooked to some extent.

This.
Show me a top 25 team that's not crooked and I'll show you a team that hasn't been caught yet.
He got caught and as a last ditch effort for OSU to save face, they "let him" quit.
Posted via Mobile Device

Titty Meat
05-30-2011, 12:08 PM
Go Big Red!

chiefzilla1501
05-30-2011, 12:11 PM
And meanwhile cam newton goes to auburn because "the money was too much" and he gets a national championship and a no. 1 draft position.

The crooked NCAA won't punish teams in a bcs hunt. And frankly, how does a team really stop boosters from giving perks and players from wanting to cash in. and yet! The NCAA pretends because they attack one team every 3 years, they've done their due diligence.

vailpass
05-30-2011, 12:27 PM
Tressel or no Tressel Ohio State has always had one of the dirtiest programs in college football. That is not going to change by getting a new head coach.

Please. Every major program could be shut down tomorrow if the NCAA was interested in doing so.

Chief Pote
05-30-2011, 12:29 PM
Very nice. Five stupid fucking football players cost a good coach his job. How in the world can this be fair? Kick the players off of the team and start fresh with a round of new dumbasses. I'm a Buckeye fan and the entire event makes me sick.

vailpass
05-30-2011, 12:50 PM
Very nice. Five stupid ****ing football players cost a good coach his job. How in the world can this be fair? Kick the players off of the team and start fresh with a round of new dumbasses. I'm a Buckeye fan and the entire event makes me sick.

Talk radio speculating Aaron Pryor will not be elected class president this year.

BigMeatballDave
05-30-2011, 12:51 PM
I personally hope OSU falls the way of Mich....irrelevancy!If the NCAA comes down on them they will for a while.

Forcing Tressel out is a good move, IMO. He was way too conservative.

That move may ease the penalties Ohio St may face.

Titty Meat
05-30-2011, 12:56 PM
Lawlz

@SmallyMcfly
Ray Small
Lol what y'all gone do 2 me that man resigned his self if u don't like me fu*k u!!

SoCalBronco
05-30-2011, 12:56 PM
http://eyeofthehurricane.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/glenn-sharpe-p1.jpg

Karma is a biatch, isn't it?

I've been waiting patiently for eight and a half years for justice to be done. It's about fucking time. Never again will you steal a title from us, O$U. Never. Your whole program is garbage and the NCAA is coming to take out the trash soon enough. The whole program needs to be completely destroyed, just like U$C.

This is just the start. The program is goign to get absolutely raped by the NCAA.

Fucking raped. That's what they've been asking for and that's what they're going to get. This is going to be great.

Calcountry
05-30-2011, 12:57 PM
http://www.celsius1414.com/images/nelson_haha.jpg

This pretty much sums up my opinion on this.

vailpass
05-30-2011, 12:58 PM

I've been waiting patiently for eight and a half years for justice to be done. It's about ****ing time. Never again will you steal a title from us, O$U. Never. Your whole program is garbage and the NCAA is coming to take out the trash soon enough. The whole program needs to be completely destroyed, just like U$C.

This is just the start. The program is goign to get absolutely raped by the NCAA.

****ing raped. That's what they've been asking for and that's what they're going to get. This is going to be great.

:deevee:

BigMeatballDave
05-30-2011, 12:58 PM
Very nice. Five stupid fucking football players cost a good coach his job. How in the world can this be fair? Kick the players off of the team and start fresh with a round of new dumbasses. I'm a Buckeye fan and the entire event makes me sick.Seriously? Im a fan too. Tressel knew what was going on. Once the University found out he knew, they should have fired him.

BigMeatballDave
05-30-2011, 01:01 PM
http://eyeofthehurricane.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/glenn-sharpe-p1.jpg

I've been waiting patiently for eight and a half years for justice to be done. It's about fucking time. Never again will you steal a title from us, O$U. Never. Your whole program is garbage and the NCAA is coming to take out the trash soon enough. The whole program needs to be completely destroyed, just like U$C.

Fucking raped. That's what they've been asking for and that's what they're going to get. This is going to be great.Boo fucking Hoo.

Change your diaper, crybaby. LMAO

Titty Meat
05-30-2011, 01:02 PM
Hey BCD how do you think this will effect recruiting in the state of Ohio for atleast this year? I know Nebraska was getting some good talent from the state and were in the running for Greg McCullen this year.

BigMeatballDave
05-30-2011, 01:04 PM
Go Big Red!The door is open. Ohio St says You're Welcome!

BigMeatballDave
05-30-2011, 01:06 PM
Hey BCD how do you think this will effect recruiting in the state of Ohio for atleast this year? I know Nebraska was getting some good talent from the state and were in the running for Greg McCullen this year.I dont really know. Depends on how hard the NCAA comes down on them.

Titty Meat
05-30-2011, 01:08 PM
The door is open. Ohio St says You're Welcome!

If Bo doesn't win the Big 10 this year you can have him.

SoCalBronco
05-30-2011, 01:10 PM
Boo ****ing Hoo.

Change your diaper, crybaby. LMAO

Ahahaha...that's right, keep deflecting. There's a damning SI article coming out tonight that prompted all of this, detailing tons of stuff. Just wait for it.

This program is going to get buried. Retribution has been secured.

Stay down, biatch.

Bugeater
05-30-2011, 01:11 PM
Heh, seeing the Hurrigangstas get fucked in that nat'l title game is one of my all time favorite sports memories.

BigMeatballDave
05-30-2011, 01:15 PM
Ahahaha...that's right, keep deflecting. There's a damning SI article coming out tonight that prompted all of this, detailing tons of stuff. Just wait for it.

This program is going to get buried. Retribution has been secured.

Stay down, biatch.:deevee: LMAO keep cryin! If the NCAA come down on them, so be it. I wont cry about it.

I'm so sure that Miami program is squeaky clean.

Gonzo
05-30-2011, 01:16 PM
If Bo doesn't win the Big 10 this year you can have him.

LMAO

Dude,
Expectations high enough? You'll be lucky to make the Big "10" title game.
The teams are too strong for NU. I'd be comfortable enough to make a serious wager on NU not even making the title game, to be honest.
Making the switch is going to be hard enough for them. It will take a few seasons for them to adjust to the competition.

Titty Meat
05-30-2011, 01:20 PM
LMAO

Dude,
Expectations high enough? You'll be lucky to make the Big "10" title game.
The teams are too strong for NU. I'd be comfortable enough to make a serious wager on NU not even making the title game, to be honest.
Making the switch is going to be hard enough for them. It will take a few seasons for them to adjust to the competition.

Why would it be a difficult switch Nebraska is built for Big 10 ball?
Michigan State will be the toughest competition every other team is rebuilding.

tk13
05-30-2011, 01:21 PM
After all the heat they've endured so far... gotta wonder what is in this SI article that finally pushed Tressel over the edge.

Sam Hall
05-30-2011, 02:11 PM
Nebraska picked a good time to join the Big Ten. A trip to the Rose Bowl would be a nice way to end our first season.

Bewbies
05-30-2011, 02:16 PM
Vest in peace OSU title hopes.

ohiobronco2
05-30-2011, 02:45 PM
Hey BCD how do you think this will effect recruiting in the state of Ohio for atleast this year? I know Nebraska was getting some good talent from the state and were in the running for Greg McCullen this year.

I think Greg has been a fan of Nebraska before all of this came to light. He likes their program. This doesn't help and neither does OSU's depth chart. Michigan is the big winner in all of this, the state of Ohio is loaded this year and if they can steal some of OSU's recruits they will be competitive sooner rather than later.

ohiobronco2
05-30-2011, 02:49 PM
As an osu fan, this was warranted. But it does annoy me that espn treated this like a witch hunt while auburn's violations were 10 times worse. Enforce the rules consistently or don't enforce them at all.

True. I think Tressel has done a lot of great things for OSU, but he really screwed up here and this was the right punishment. What is funny about Auburn is their players have come out and stated that they were paid to go there and were paid after they were there and that stayed in the press for a few days, with OSU there has been a leak every few days. Unfortunately, I don't think this is the end of it. This is what you deal with when you are as high a profile program as OSU.

tk13
05-30-2011, 02:50 PM
I think Greg has been a fan of Nebraska before all of this came to light. He likes their program. This doesn't help and neither does OSU's depth chart. Michigan is the big winner in all of this, the state of Ohio is loaded this year and if they can steal some of OSU's recruits they will be competitive sooner rather than later.

I agree. Brady Hoke can recruit Ohio.

ohiobronco2
05-30-2011, 02:53 PM

I've been waiting patiently for eight and a half years for justice to be done. It's about ****ing time. Never again will you steal a title from us, O$U. Never. Your whole program is garbage and the NCAA is coming to take out the trash soon enough. The whole program needs to be completely destroyed, just like U$C.

****ing raped. That's what they've been asking for and that's what they're going to get. This is going to be great.

Jason, you may want to curb your enthusiasm. OSU has not been hit with the lack of institutional control tag like USC was, if they do then you can believe they will get hit hard like USC. If not, slap on the wrist. You and I aren't privy to what goes on behind the crooked doors of the NCAA, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't give OSU a heads up and told them that firing Jim would save them from greater punishment. We shall see. I bet if they looked into Miami they would find something, you better pray they are not given a reason to dig down south.

ohiobronco2
05-30-2011, 02:55 PM
I agree. Brady Hoke can recruit Ohio.

Not only that, he gets the importance of the rivalry. Hopefully Michigan gives him a chance, they didn't really give RR one. What really sucks is I think Tressel vs. Hoke could have given us some Bo vs. Woody moments. It's a bummer.

notorious
05-30-2011, 02:56 PM
Jason, you may want to curb your enthusiasm. OSU has not been hit with the lack of institutional control tag like USC was, if they do then you can believe they will get hit hard like USC. If not, slap on the wrist. You and I aren't privy to what goes on behind the crooked doors of the NCAA, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't give OSU a heads up and told them that firing Jim would save them from greater punishment. We shall see. I bet if they looked into Miami they would find something, you better pray they are not given a reason to dig down south.

Miami is lucky that their coach left at just the right time, and that they started to suck at the right time or the media and the NCAA probably would have went crazy.

Titty Meat
05-30-2011, 03:28 PM

I'd like to think we could steal a few more from your state now (Heard and Williams) look like good gets.

Chief Pote
05-30-2011, 03:48 PM
Talk radio speculating Aaron Pryor will not be elected class president this year.

Who the hell is "Aaron Pryor"?

Titty Meat
05-30-2011, 03:59 PM
Espn just reported as "breaking news", that the ncaa is targeting Pryor for an in depth investigation regarding upwards of 10 vehicles. IMO, he probably wont see field again in ncaa

Titty Meat
05-30-2011, 04:02 PM
10 cars ROFL

Chief Pote
05-30-2011, 04:04 PM
Seriously? Im a fan too. Tressel knew what was going on. Once the University found out he knew, they should have fired him.

Tressel was the fall guy for the screw up. Did you see the live press conference? Tressel was asked if he forwarded the email, he quickly nodded and Gene Smith jumped in front of him and stopped his answer, stating that this is critical information in the investigation and he couldn't answer. Unless they paid him substantially in his departure, we just might find out the REAL truth about who the hell at OSU was informed about the email.

vailpass
05-30-2011, 04:16 PM
Who the hell is "Aaron Pryor"?

"Aaron" is Swahili for "Terelle", which in turn is Hulu for "dumb as a rock program cancer".
How do you not know that?

Rams Fan
05-30-2011, 04:18 PM
Chizik should have been gone from Auburn before Tressel from Ohio St.

notorious
05-30-2011, 04:18 PM
Maybe he was thinking about Aaron Beasley, who played a very similar game as Terrell Pryor.

vailpass
05-30-2011, 04:20 PM
Maybe he was thinking about Aaron Beasley, who played a very similar game as Terrell Pryor.

Truth be told I was thinking of the boxer Aaron Pryor, damn good middle weight from back in the 80s when boxing was fun to watch.

notorious
05-30-2011, 04:21 PM
Truth be told I was thinking of the boxer Aaron Pryor, damn good middle weight from back in the 80s when boxing was fun to watch.

The parallels are unparalled!

BigMeatballDave
05-30-2011, 04:24 PM
Tressel was the fall guy for the screw up. Did you see the live press conference? Tressel was asked if he forwarded the email, he quickly nodded and Gene Smith jumped in front of him and stopped his answer, stating that this is critical information in the investigation and he couldn't answer. Unless they paid him substantially in his departure, we just might find out the REAL truth about who the hell at OSU was informed about the email.Well, regardless of what he is guilty of, it was time for him to go. I never cared for his coaching style.

notorious
05-30-2011, 04:25 PM
Well, regardless of what if is guilty of it was time for him to go. I never cared for his coaching style.

I agree. While Tressel did bring in a lot of talent, he squandered a lot of it in his time there.

My dark horse move for OSU is to try and snag Patterson.......

ohiobronco2
05-30-2011, 04:31 PM
I agree. While Tressel did bring in a lot of talent, he squandered a lot of it in his time there.

My dark horse move for OSU is to try and snag Patterson.......

That would be comical considering what Gordon Gee said.

notorious
05-30-2011, 05:35 PM
That would be comical considering what Gordon Gee said.

What did he say?

BTW, I am just throwing stuff at the wall. If I was an OSU fan, Patterson would be at the top of my list.

BigMeatballDave
05-30-2011, 05:39 PM
What did he say?

BTW, I am just throwing stuff at the wall. If I was an OSU fan, Patterson would be at the top of my list.Called BSU, TCU, et al "Little Sisters of the Poor"

notorious
05-30-2011, 06:01 PM
Called BSU, TCU, et al "Little Sisters of the Poor"

Ohhhhh. :D

Chief Pote
05-30-2011, 07:23 PM
"Aaron" is Swahili for "Terelle", which in turn is Hulu for "dumb as a rock program cancer".
How do you not know that?

LMAO

tk13
05-30-2011, 07:39 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/magazine/05/30/jim.tressel/index.html?eref=sihp&sct=hp_t11_a2

They've finally posted the big SI expose that supposedly made Tressel resign so suddenly. Pretty much paints him as a two-faced cheater... and that all these problems weren't just because of the suspended players from this year. This had been going on for almost a decade. I'd post the whole thing but it's really, really long.

Also, one of the players implicated was the Chiefs' own Donald Washington.

DaKCMan AP
05-30-2011, 08:04 PM
For more than a decade, Ohioans have viewed Tressel as a pillar of rectitude, and have disregarded or made excuses for the allegations and scandal that have quietly followed him throughout his career. His integrity was one of the great myths of college football. Like a disgraced politician who preaches probity but is caught in lies, the Senator was not the person he purported to be.

Pretty much.

BigMeatballDave
05-30-2011, 08:07 PM
Pretty much.Florida is next! Ha! Ha!

HonestChieffan
05-30-2011, 08:08 PM
Screw Ohio State.

Illini '75

DTLB58
05-30-2011, 08:10 PM
From the SI report:

The latter interpretation is suggested by a story that has long circulated among college coaches and was confirmed to SI by a former colleague of Tressel's from Earle Bruce's staff at Ohio State in the mid-1980s. One of Tressel's duties then was to organize and run the Buckeyes' summer camp. Most of the young players who attended it would never play college football, but a few were top prospects whom Ohio State was recruiting. At the end of camp, attendees bought tickets to a raffle with prizes such as cleats and a jersey. According to his fellow assistant, Tressel rigged the raffle so that the elite prospects won -- a potential violation of NCAA rules. Says the former colleague, who asked not to be identified because he still has ties to the Ohio State community, "In the morning he would read the Bible with another coach. Then, in the afternoon, he would go out and cheat kids who had probably saved up money from mowing lawns to buy those raffle tickets. That's Jim Tressel."Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/magazine/05/30/jim.tressel/index.html#ixzz1NtMRBLmg

DaKCMan AP
05-30-2011, 08:35 PM
Florida is next! Ha! Ha!

Instead of incessant finger-pointing, maybe you should focus your attention on ohio state's garbage program.

GordonGekko
05-30-2011, 08:37 PM
Instead of incessant finger-pointing, maybe you should focus your attention on ohio state's garbage program.

Hey in the famous words of all OSU grads, 'if you aint cheatin' you aint tryin'!"

SoCalBronco
05-30-2011, 08:39 PM

Hopefully Will Muschamp will show more character than Urban...although that's not saying much. Clean up your program before the NCAA starts sniffing around.

Brock
05-30-2011, 08:41 PM
LOL at CFB fans. "Your program is dirty"

warpaint*
05-30-2011, 08:42 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/magazine/05/30/jim.tressel/index.html?eref=sihp&sct=hp_t11_a2

They've finally posted the big SI expose that supposedly made Tressel resign so suddenly. Pretty much paints him as a two-faced cheater... and that all these problems weren't just because of the suspended players from this year. This had been going on for almost a decade. I'd post the whole thing but it's really, really long.

Also, one of the players implicated was the Chiefs' own Donald Washington.

^^^^^^^^

he's a phony.

everything done in the dark eventually comes to light.

Titty Meat
05-30-2011, 08:43 PM
LOL at CFB fans. "Your program is dirty"

Tell us about the clean program KU is running.

Brock
05-30-2011, 08:44 PM
Tell us about the clean program KU is running.

Why would I want to be a hypocrite? Great grasp of the point there, billay.

BigMeatballDave
05-30-2011, 08:45 PM
Instead of incessant finger-pointing, maybe you should focus your attention on ohio state's garbage program.Yeah, I'm sure Florida's is spotless. LMAO

BigMeatballDave
05-30-2011, 08:47 PM
LOL at CFB fans. "Your program is dirty"No kidding. Pot meet Kettle.

Titty Meat
05-30-2011, 08:52 PM
Why would I want to be a hypocrite? Great grasp of the point there, billay.

Sometimes I just post things to see what kind of reaction I will get out of the poster. Fuck you for not playing along.

Titty Meat
05-30-2011, 08:53 PM
And seriously this was the big story? Guys trading shit they earned for tats? OSU got fucked.

BigMeatballDave
05-30-2011, 08:55 PM
And seriously this was the big story? Guys trading shit they earned for tats? OSU got fucked.That was just the tip of the ice burg.

Titty Meat
05-30-2011, 09:00 PM
That was just the tip of the ice burg.

Let me know when we find out if Tressel lied to the DOJ or the players participated in drug trafficking.

tk13
05-30-2011, 09:10 PM
Let me know when we find out if Tressel lied to the DOJ or the players participated in drug trafficking.

According the article, players traded items for tattoos, money, and drugs.

KurtCobain
05-30-2011, 09:17 PM

Fucking thugs.

HonestChieffan
05-30-2011, 09:17 PM

Ohio state or MU?

BigMeatballDave
05-30-2011, 10:08 PM
Ohio state or MU?Ohio St.

Thanks for paying attention. :)

BigMeatballDave
05-30-2011, 10:10 PM
According the article, players traded items for tattoos, money, and drugs.I'm sure there is much more. I'd me surprised if the NCAA doesnt lower the boom on OSU.

Titty Meat
05-30-2011, 11:24 PM
TheLantern‎ Pryor arrived at the Woody Hayes Athletic Center in a Nissan 350z with temp tags from May 24. He waved to the cameras. #ohiostate
Twitter - 1 minute ago

DaKCMan AP
05-31-2011, 04:42 AM

Yeah, I'm sure Florida's is spotless. LMAO

Right on cue.. :rolleyes:

Garcia Bronco
05-31-2011, 07:56 AM
lol..osu..what a joke.

They cheated with clarett. They just got caught cheating again...and their people have the nerve to defend this crap? 41 years now since they actually won a title. Your program is a disgrace as are the people that work for it. Maybe you guys can get another coach to beat students on the field.

Braincase
05-31-2011, 08:21 AM
Early leader to replace Tressel - Art Schlichter.

Los Pollos Hermanos
05-31-2011, 08:21 AM
lol..osu..what a joke.

They cheated with clarett. They just got caught cheating again...and their people have the nerve to defend this crap? 41 years now since they actually won a title. Your program is a disgrace as are the people that work for it. Maybe you guys can get another coach to beat students on the field.

Didn't they win the national championship under Tressel?

BigMeatballDave
05-31-2011, 08:38 AM
Right on cue.. :rolleyes:LMAO

I'm not finger-pointing.

Have I made ANY excuses for Ohio St?

You are trashing them, and you know damn well, MOST, if not all, of the Big Boys cheat in some form or another.

You can come down from your High Horse, Mr. Holier Than Thou.

DaKCMan AP
05-31-2011, 08:41 AM
LMAO

I'm not finger-pointing.

Have I made ANY excuses for Ohio St?

You are trashing them, and you know damn well, MOST, if not all, of the Big Boys cheat in some form or another.

You can come down from your High Horse, Mr. Holier Than Thou.

More finger pointing.

RNR
05-31-2011, 08:46 AM

2002~

chiefzilla1501
05-31-2011, 08:47 AM
lol..osu..what a joke.

Most of this investigation has been around tattoos and sweetheart car deals. I mean tattoos... You think other NCAA athletes aren't getting free meals, free jewelry, etc...? The NCAA opened a can of worms by heavily punishing small booster contributions.

If the NCAA investigated any top 25 program with even a fraction of the same depth, would you tell me with a straight face that other top programs aren't doing it too? I think this is great tha osu is getting busted for this, but ONLY if this meant they were going to put the same scrutiny on other programs. Instead, it feels like a witch hunt.

Auburn has been accused of much worse. I haven't heard of the NCAA looking at bmv records or anything like that.

Anyone saying osu is dirty... None of these claims sound like anything that isn't going on at any major program.

Skyy God
05-31-2011, 08:48 AM

Technically, but only because of the uber-bogus PI call on Miami.

chiefzilla1501
05-31-2011, 09:03 AM
Technically, but only because of the uber-bogus PI call on Miami.

If the refs gifted the OT, which is debatable given that the call was leaning toward defensive holding, which was borderline. More importantly, given that the refs clearly blew a call in the 4th quarter where they waved off an osu reception because he was out of bounds which would have allowed osu to darn the clock and win, this isn't true.

Skyy God
05-31-2011, 09:33 AM
Apparently Tressel has always been a sanctimonious d-bag.

One of Tressel's duties then was to organize and run the Buckeyes' summer camp. Most of the young players who attended it would never play college football, but a few were top prospects whom Ohio State was recruiting. At the end of camp, attendees bought tickets to a raffle with prizes such as cleats and a jersey. According to his fellow assistant, Tressel rigged the raffle so that the elite prospects won -- a potential violation of NCAA rules. Says the former colleague, who asked not to be identified because he still has ties to the Ohio State community, "In the morning he would read the Bible with another coach. Then, in the afternoon, he would go out and cheat kids who had probably saved up money from mowing lawns to buy those raffle tickets. That's Jim Tressel."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/magazine/05/30/jim.tressel/index.html#ixzz1NwcRPmM9

Al Bundy
05-31-2011, 09:38 AM

One of Tressel's duties then was to organize and run the Buckeyes' summer camp. Most of the young players who attended it would never play college football, but a few were top prospects whom Ohio State was recruiting. At the end of camp, attendees bought tickets to a raffle with prizes such as cleats and a jersey. According to his fellow assistant, Tressel rigged the raffle so that the elite prospects won -- a potential violation of NCAA rules. Says the former colleague, who asked not to be identified because he still has ties to the Ohio State community, "In the morning he would read the Bible with another coach. Then, in the afternoon, he would go out and cheat kids who had probably saved up money from mowing lawns to buy those raffle tickets. That's Jim Tressel."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/magazine/05/30/jim.tressel/index.html#ixzz1NwcRPmM9

Not surprising in the least.

vailpass
05-31-2011, 09:39 AM
The parallels are unparalled!

Absolutely.
Both are athletes.
Both are named Pryor.
Neither will be playing college football this year.

vailpass
05-31-2011, 09:44 AM
Most of this investigation has been around tattoos and sweetheart car deals. I mean tattoos... You think other NCAA athletes aren't getting free meals, free jewelry, etc...? The NCAA opened a can of worms by heavily punishing small booster contributions.

If the NCAA investigated any top 25 program with even a fraction of the same depth, would you tell me with a straight face that other top programs aren't doing it too? I think this is great tha osu is getting busted for this, but ONLY if this meant they were going to put the same scrutiny on other programs. Instead, it feels like a witch hunt.

Auburn has been accused of much worse. I haven't heard of the NCAA looking at bmv records or anything like that.

Anyone saying osu is dirty... None of these claims sound like anything that isn't going on at any major program.

50/25 X 1

Al Bundy
05-31-2011, 09:47 AM
http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/pryor-offenses-blowout-coach-keep-dealer-29729

DJ's left nut
05-31-2011, 10:08 AM
And meanwhile cam newton goes to auburn because "the money was too much" and he gets a national championship and a no. 1 draft position.

The crooked NCAA won't punish teams in a bcs hunt. And frankly, how does a team really stop boosters from giving perks and players from wanting to cash in. and yet! The NCAA pretends because they attack one team every 3 years, they've done their due diligence.

OSU had to cheat for damn near a decade before this all flew apart.

Investigators haven't found a smoking gun for Auburn yet. They haven't flipped dozens of boosters/disgruntled players yet. They certainly have no reason to 'favor' Auburn while 'disfavoring' OSU; OSU is a far more marquee program for the NCAA and they don't gain anything by butchering another one of their jewel programs. Auburn is actually the kind of school they'd be more likely to target. They just haven't found the wealth of evidence yet that they found for OSU.

Give it time - OSU didn't happen in a day, nor will Auburn. I'm still of the mind that Auburn's title won't be theirs to keep by the time all is said and done.

RNR
05-31-2011, 10:12 AM

Investigators haven't found a smoking gun for Auburn yet. They haven't flipped dozens of boosters/disgruntled players yet. They certainly have no reason to 'favor' Auburn while 'disfavoring' OSU; OSU is a far more marquee program for the NCAA and they don't gain anything by butchering another one of their jewel programs. Auburn is actually the kind of school they'd be more likely to target. They just haven't found the wealth of evidence yet that they found for OSU.

Give it time - OSU didn't happen in a day, nor will Auburn. I'm still of the mind that Auburn's title won't be theirs to keep by the time all is said and done.

That Cam deal stinks and anyone who is not a fan can smell it~

OmahaChief
05-31-2011, 10:14 AM
If the refs gifted the OT, which is debatable given that the call was leaning toward defensive holding, which was borderline. More importantly, given that the refs clearly blew a call in the 4th quarter where they waved off an osu reception because he was out of bounds which would have allowed osu to darn the clock and win, this isn't true.

Clarett that played a big role int that game was not even academically eligible to play yet they let him play anyway. That need to vacate that title and give it to Miami.

vailpass
05-31-2011, 10:15 AM
Clarett that played a big role int that game was not even academically eligible to play yet they let him play anyway. That need to vacate that title and give it to Miami.

Yes, because Miami is the bastion of NCAA purity. LMAO

chiefzilla1501
05-31-2011, 10:33 AM

I disagree. The NCAA had a chance to make a big statement by really digging into cam newton or the hbo special where ex players talked about boosters. That's more than enough to demand extensive investigation. If they spent a fraction of the attention to cam and auburn as they did to osu, auburn would be in very hot water. Same shit with USC... Why did they wait years later to punish bush for obvious stuff they knew was going on?

You know why? Because the NCAA didn't want auburn busted before the bcs championship game. God forbid tcu or Boise state make the title game less profitable. Same reason it pissed me off that they didn't suspend the osu players before he sugar bowl. The NCAA can't just investigate teams based on financial convenience.

This doesnt happen in bball. You know why? Because march madness will make money regardless of who's in the championship game.

DJ's left nut
05-31-2011, 10:44 AM
I disagree. The NCAA had a chance to make a big statement by really digging into cam newton or the hbo special where ex players talked about boosters. That's more than enough to demand extensive investigation. If they spent a fraction of the attention to cam and auburn as they did to osu, auburn would be in very hot water. Same shit with USC... Why did they wait years later to punish bush for obvious stuff they knew was going on?

You know why? Because the NCAA didn't want auburn busted before the bcs championship game. God forbid tcu or Boise state make the title game less profitable. Same reason it pissed me off that they didn't suspend the osu players before he sugar bowl. The NCAA can't just investigate teams based on financial convenience.

This doesnt happen in bball. You know why? Because march madness will make money regardless of who's in the championship game.

Again - it took years for the lid to blow off the OSU thing and they've been pretty blatant about their cheating.

Even had they launched a full-scale investigation, they wouldn't have had enough to pull the trigger on Newton and/or Auburn by the championship game.

It took, what, 6 years to drop the hammer on USC? Hell, SMU was the most blatant group of cheaters in the history of anything yet it still took several years before they got exposed. Just exactly how quickly do you expect any of this stuff to play out?

You ask 'why?' without even acknowledging the fact that the parties involved have legal rights - lots of them, in fact. You're talking about destroying the livelihoods of hundreds of individuals. And you'd have this run through a in couple of weeks or months? That's absurd. When you're talking about things that cannot be undone (things like banning an entire team from a Bowl game; an act that would almost certainly require add'l sanctions up to and including the firing of key team personnel and suspension/expulsion of key players), you'd better be damn sure you're right. And when the sources you get are generally pissed off former players or other guys with axes to grind, you'd better be really careful about how much faith you put into a single individual. As such, you're going to need a fair amount of corroboration before you get set to destroying lives.

You're just ignoring the history behind this stuff and the practicality behind it. It never goes quickly - ever. And in all reality, it really shouldn't. Auburn will very likely get theirs.

BigMeatballDave
05-31-2011, 10:46 AM
Clarett that played a big role int that game was not even academically eligible to play yet they let him play anyway. That need to vacate that title and give it to Miami.LMAO They can vacate the title, but they're not giving it to Miami, dumbass.

BigMeatballDave
05-31-2011, 10:48 AM
More finger pointing.:LOL:

Hows this for finger pointing?... Have fun watching Florida's NCs vacated in 4-6 yrs.
:p

BigMeatballDave
05-31-2011, 10:50 AM

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/magazine/05/30/jim.tressel/index.html#ixzz1NwcRPmM9Sure he is. Show me a Head coach for a major program who isnt.

chiefzilla1501
05-31-2011, 11:07 AM
Again - it took years for the lid to blow off the OSU thing and they've been pretty blatant about their cheating.

Even had they launched a full-scale investigation, they wouldn't have had enough to pull the trigger on Newton and/or Auburn by the championship game.

It took, what, 6 years to drop the hammer on USC? Hell, SMU was the most blatant group of cheaters in the history of anything yet it still took several years before they got exposed. Just exactly how quickly do you expect any of this stuff to play out?

You ask 'why?' without even acknowledging the fact that the parties involved have legal rights - lots of them, in fact. You're talking about destroying the livelihoods of hundreds of individuals. And you'd have this run through a in couple of weeks or months? That's absurd. When you're talking about things that cannot be undone (things like banning an entire team from a Bowl game; an act that would almost certainly require add'l sanctions up to and including the firing of key team personnel and suspension/expulsion of key players), you'd better be damn sure you're right. And when the sources you get are generally pissed off former players or other guys with axes to grind, you'd better be really careful about how much faith you put into a single individual. As such, you're going to need a fair amount of corroboration before you get set to destroying lives.

You're just ignoring the history behind this stuff and the practicality behind it. It never goes quickly - ever. And in all reality, it really shouldn't. Auburn will very likely get theirs.

A few things... The NCAA had enough to suspend Pryor and company for the sugar bowl. Why didn't they? Money. They half assed investigation of cam newton who had red flags everywhere. In that case, we're not talking about suspending a full program. We're talking about one player. Why didn't they? Money.

In the NCAA, how long did it take to punish IU and Sampson for cheating? Kansas and selby? The fab five at Michigan? Amazing how sluggish NCAA football is to enforce. Osu proved it's easy... I guarantee that bmv records hold a million different smoking guns. The NCAA doesn't want to do it bc they know everyone is cheating and they time their investigations so they don't interfere with bowl season.

I'm not saying that ncaa basketball is perfect, but they at least have history of enforcing the rules. And punishing on the player level shouldn't be that hard when you have players like Pryor driving multiple new cars begging to get caught. Would you not agree that the NCAA has been excessively lazy? Let's face it, without congressional intervention, the MLB would today pretending that steroids and PED use was nit enforceable, given that fans were pumping money into watching players hit homers.

WilliamTheIrish
05-31-2011, 11:11 AM

That was the worst defensive holding call in the history of the sport.

vailpass
05-31-2011, 11:13 AM
A few things... The NCAA had enough to suspend Pryor and company for the sugar bowl. Why didn't they? Money. They half assed investigation of cam newton who had red flags everywhere. In that case, we're not talking about suspending a full program. We're talking about one player. Why didn't they? Money.

In the NCAA, how long did it take to punish IU and Sampson for cheating? Kansas and selby? The fab five at Michigan? Amazing how sluggish NCAA football is to enforce. Osu proved it's easy... I guarantee that bmv records hold a million different smoking guns. The NCAA doesn't want to do it bc they know everyone is cheating and they time their investigations so they don't interfere with bowl season.

I'm not saying that ncaa basketball is perfect, but they at least have history of enforcing the rules. And punishing on the player level shouldn't be that hard when you have players like Pryor driving multiple new cars begging to get caught. Would you not agree that the NCAA has been excessively lazy? Let's face it, without congressional intervention, the MLB would today pretending that steroids and PED use was nit enforceable, given that fans were pumping money into watching players hit homers.

Silly to compare NCAA b-ball with football. Apples to oranges in terms of popularity, revenue, size/scale, number of players to be monitored by the institution, etc.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-31-2011, 11:30 AM
Daman actually truly believes Florida runs a clean program ROFL

DaKCMan AP
05-31-2011, 11:33 AM
:LOL:

Hows this for finger pointing?... Have fun watching Florida's NCs vacated in 4-6 yrs.
:p

In your dreams.

It's funny how this news and thread have nothing to do with Florida or any other school yet all you do is bring up Florida and the other schools and the "everyone does it" line. None of that is relevant here. This is about osu. If you get pulled over for speeding the cop isn't going to care if you tell him everyone else is doing it. It doesn't negate the fact that YOU were speeding and got caught. Other schools have nothing to do with anything here.

DJ's left nut
05-31-2011, 11:35 AM

You're equating the NCAA with every investigative entity to hammer away at this thing and that's your mistake.

The NCAA probably would've continued to ignore this, but/for the fact that ESPN and Yahoo did their legwork for them. And even still, the NCAA was dragging its feet and not really doing anything to OSU. Tressel resigned, IMO, because the ESPN piece was on its way out and it was going to obliterate his cache.

There was no real double standard applied to OSU, as you seem to be suggesting. Could the NCAA have hammered Auburn? Maybe, though I personally don't think they had the information to do so prior to the title game. Your position is that they did and chose not to do so for money's sake. Okay, well isn't that exactly what they did with Pryor at OSU?

The NCAA is loathe to act - ever. If they move at all, it's very very slowly. Here, the public pressure and a media arm actually doing its job for the first time in a very long time forced the Ohio State's hand and the axe came from within. But I still fail to see how this establishes any double standard by the NCAA.

And Vailpass is right regarding NCAA basketball. As we discussed several times during the conference re-alignment thread - very few schools have basketball programs that are legitimate money-makers. The schools that have programs that are pretty much break even squads (i.e. nearly all of them) aren't going to have zillionaire boosters throwing money at players because there's not the prestige in it. Those schools also aren't going to turn a blind eye to possible cheating aren't going to turn a blind eye to it because the damage that can be done far outweighs the benefits that can come of it. And the rosters are about 1/10th the size of the football teams.

So you have very few schools that are actually 'likely' to risk cheating due to the risk/reward element. And the compliance office for those programs have far fewer players to monitor. That being the case, it's a hell of a lot more obvious when there have been violations. NCAA Mens basketball is just a much easier animal to monitor and track for potential violations.

chiefzilla1501
05-31-2011, 01:17 PM
You're equating the NCAA with every investigative entity to hammer away at this thing and that's your mistake.

The NCAA probably would've continued to ignore this, but/for the fact that ESPN and Yahoo did their legwork for them. And even still, the NCAA was dragging its feet and not really doing anything to OSU. Tressel resigned, IMO, because the ESPN piece was on its way out and it was going to obliterate his cache.

There was no real double standard applied to OSU, as you seem to be suggesting. Could the NCAA have hammered Auburn? Maybe, though I personally don't think they had the information to do so prior to the title game. Your position is that they did and chose not to do so for money's sake. Okay, well isn't that exactly what they did with Pryor at OSU?

The NCAA is loathe to act - ever. If they move at all, it's very very slowly. Here, the public pressure and a media arm actually doing its job for the first time in a very long time forced the Ohio State's hand and the axe came from within. But I still fail to see how this establishes any double standard by the NCAA.

And Vailpass is right regarding NCAA basketball. As we discussed several times during the conference re-alignment thread - very few schools have basketball programs that are legitimate money-makers. The schools that have programs that are pretty much break even squads (i.e. nearly all of them) aren't going to have zillionaire boosters throwing money at players because there's not the prestige in it. Those schools also aren't going to turn a blind eye to possible cheating aren't going to turn a blind eye to it because the damage that can be done far outweighs the benefits that can come of it. And the rosters are about 1/10th the size of the football teams.

So you have very few schools that are actually 'likely' to risk cheating due to the risk/reward element. And the compliance office for those programs have far fewer players to monitor. That being the case, it's a hell of a lot more obvious when there have been violations. NCAA Mens basketball is just a much easier animal to monitor and track for potential violations.

Fair point on bball. But the mlb is very relevant. Both have the power to lay the hammer down but don't because god forbid they piss off big programs or boosters. That might be an excuse for a businessowner, but not for a nonprofit org that's teaching kids to cheat.

On osu, as I said, the fact that pryor was allowed to play the sugar bowl says a lot about how crooked the ncaa has become. Rather than do the right thing, they worried that a sugar bowl suspension would lose money on a profitable bowl game. So they figured, let's just suspend them for meaningless games.

I'm sorry, I don't buy that the ncaa is powerless. They're either too chickenshit or too blinded by dollar signs. Much like the mlb doing anything about ped abuse. I side with the latter. You see why in this thread--other programs aren't treating osu like a part of the problem. They're using it to point fingers as if they are the exception. This is why I would love for congress to finally get involved.

ohiobronco2
05-31-2011, 01:25 PM
That was the worst defensive holding call in the history of the sport.

I know. Just imagine if the Ref would have made the correct holding call in regulation that would have given OSU a first down. They would have most likely ran out the clock.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1xlg3SWDsk

DJ's left nut
05-31-2011, 01:36 PM
Fair point on bball. But the mlb is very relevant. Both have the power to lay the hammer down but don't because god forbid they piss off big programs or boosters. That might be an excuse for a businessowner, but not for a nonprofit org that's teaching kids to cheat.

On osu, as I said, the fact that pryor was allowed to play the sugar bowl says a lot about how crooked the ncaa has become. Rather than do the right thing, they worried that a sugar bowl suspension would lose money on a profitable bowl game. So they figured, let's just suspend them for meaningless games.

I'm sorry, I don't buy that the ncaa is powerless. They're either too chickenshit or too blinded by dollar signs. Much like the mlb doing anything about ped abuse. I side with the latter. You see why in this thread--other programs aren't treating osu like a part of the problem. They're using it to point fingers as if they are the exception. This is why I would love for congress to finally get involved.

I never said the NCAA was powerless, not at all. I've said only that they're very very deliberate because the damage that would be done if they were wrong is irreversible and generally catastrophic. You couch it as 'chickenshit OR greedy' when, in reality, its very likely to be a little from column A and a little from column B. And the two are very much related.

These are billions (with a B) at stake here. These are venerable institutions that are often state land-grant schools they're trying to police. These are organizations and institutions that are often the face of the state they reside in and oftentimes the region they reside in. This isn't scolding a small business owners - this is a combination of Wall Street style dollars combined history and politics. They're inextricably linked because the vast majority of these schools are tax-payer fueled. Granted, the athletic departments aren't entirely government subsidized, but they happen to be the most prominent public face of the University in question.

I'm sorry - but things simply should not move at a hare's pace when these are the actors involved. The NCAA has to walk a razors edge to keep from doing untold damage to an entire state's economy with stuff like this. And while there's certainly some 'greed' from power brokers up top, those men are outliers in the grand scheme. The NCAA has a responsibility to police its institutions, but it also must protect them and their employees.

Titty Meat
05-31-2011, 01:43 PM
No offense to our OSU fans on this board but holy shit just check out their scout message board they have to be the biggest douchebags in all of college sports.

DJ's left nut
05-31-2011, 01:53 PM
No offense to our OSU fans on this board but holy shit just check out their scout message board they have to be the biggest douchebags in all of college sports.

Take the most elitist douchebag fans from the most elitist douchebag conference and what do you expect, exactly?

Big 10 fans are generally insufferable as a group. Now when you take the cream of the crop, it gets really bad. I can't imagine they're worse than Michigan fans were back in the 90's, but they're pretty much the top dogs in terms of outright cockholsters at this point.

(My apologies to the University of Texas fans in the audience - you guys are pretty much fucksticks as well...)

BigCatDaddy
05-31-2011, 02:05 PM

I went there and saw a thread titled "Whitlock Nails It" so I LOL'd and left.

DaKCMan AP
05-31-2011, 02:30 PM

Everyone from Ohio apparently moves to the Tampa area. Thus, I have a ton of friends from Ohio and most of them are ohio state fans (despite only 1 or 2 of them attending osu, the rest graduating from University of Ohio, Miami of Ohio, or University of Cincinnati). They are my friends, but when it comes to osu football they are gigantic, obnoxious, douchebag homers. I was in Columbus back in early January and, wearing my Gator gear, attracted attention from a group of students late one night walking back from the bars. We stopped and talked with them for a good 20 minutes and they were actually pretty cool.

vailpass
05-31-2011, 02:52 PM
Take the most elitist douchebag fans from the most elitist douchebag conference and what do you expect, exactly?

Big 10 fans are generally insufferable as a group. Now when you take the cream of the crop, it gets really bad. I can't imagine they're worse than Michigan fans were back in the 90's, but they're pretty much the top dogs in terms of outright cockholsters at this point.

(My apologies to the University of Texas fans in the audience - you guys are pretty much ****sticks as well...)

Back in my contractor days I spent a year one week in Montgomery, Alabama.
There are no more elitist, entitled football fans than deep south SEC.
They have earned it, just like Ohio State, but wow.

chiefzilla1501
05-31-2011, 03:04 PM
Back in my contractor days I spent a year one week in Montgomery, Alabama.
There are no more elitist, entitled football fans than deep south SEC.
They have earned it, just like Ohio State, but wow.

Meh. You can call them elitist. Or you can call them real fans. I've lived in several NFL towns. Hated the fans. Nothing worse than having smack talked to you by a guy or girl who doesn't even know their starting receiver. One thing I've learned about a college football town is that if you get into an argument, you better be prepared. They know their players AND their history. And I've found thAt college football fans are far more realistic than most NFL fans.

I prefer the NFL, but appreciate the college football fan.

vailpass
05-31-2011, 03:10 PM
Meh. You can call them elitist. Or you can call them real fans. I've lived in several NFL towns. Hated the fans. Nothing worse than having smack talked to you by a guy or girl who doesn't even know their starting receiver. One thing I've learned about a college football town is that if you get into an argument, you better be prepared. They know their players AND their history. And I've found thAt college football fans are far more realistic than most NFL fans.

I prefer the NFL, but appreciate the college football fan.

I'm calling them elitist and real fans. Did you read the part of my post where I said SEC and Ohio State have earned it?

BigMeatballDave
05-31-2011, 04:01 PM
Everyone from Ohio apparently moves to the Tampa area. Thus, I have a ton of friends from Ohio and most of them are ohio state fans (despite only 1 or 2 of them attending osu, the rest graduating from University of Ohio, Miami of Ohio, or University of Cincinnati). They are my friends, but when it comes to osu football they are gigantic, obnoxious, douchebag homers. I was in Columbus back in early January and, wearing my Gator gear, attracted attention from a group of students late one night walking back from the bars. We stopped and talked with them for a good 20 minutes and they were actually pretty cool.There is a weird connection between Ohio and Florida.

BigMeatballDave
05-31-2011, 04:18 PM

(My apologies to the University of Texas fans in the audience - you guys are pretty much fucksticks as well...)LMAO OK. Just not true. If you're referring to young fans, then maybe. Older OSU fans, such as myself, just are not like that. Im a realist. I've been in Ohio since 97.
The worst college fan i have ever known is a KU fan. I lived in Missouri from 81-97.

ohiobronco2
05-31-2011, 05:28 PM

I wouldn't base your opinion of OSU fans on that message board. I'd say the timing may have something to do with it as well as the fact that I think the majority of people on scout are young and obnoxious as a whole. Besides they have been feed a lot of sh*t over the last 6 months from rival fans, it's about time for a nervous breakdown.

ohiobronco2
05-31-2011, 05:41 PM
Hitler weighs in and it's not pretty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HWubSaqB9U

chiefzilla1501
05-31-2011, 05:53 PM
I'm calling them elitist and real fans. Did you read the part of my post where I said SEC and Ohio State have earned it?

Sorry, that was more a response to the previous comment about OSU fans being elitist douche bags. I've been to several sports towns and my experience in Big 10 country was the first time I felt surrounded by fans I can stand. I hate fans who pretend to know everything but know nothing a lot more than I hate fans who are arrogant but know what they're talking about.

Bewbies
05-31-2011, 06:05 PM
SEC fans root for their rivals in bowl games because they're rooting for "SEC." I don't get that, but I'll take inbred SEC folks anyday over Husker or Hawkeye homers with their visions of national championships likely happening each year. LMAO

chiefzilla1501
05-31-2011, 06:08 PM
I never said the NCAA was powerless, not at all. I've said only that they're very very deliberate because the damage that would be done if they were wrong is irreversible and generally catastrophic. You couch it as 'chickenshit OR greedy' when, in reality, its very likely to be a little from column A and a little from column B. And the two are very much related.

These are billions (with a B) at stake here. These are venerable institutions that are often state land-grant schools they're trying to police. These are organizations and institutions that are often the face of the state they reside in and oftentimes the region they reside in. This isn't scolding a small business owners - this is a combination of Wall Street style dollars combined history and politics. They're inextricably linked because the vast majority of these schools are tax-payer fueled. Granted, the athletic departments aren't entirely government subsidized, but they happen to be the most prominent public face of the University in question.
The problem I have is this boom or bust punishment system. The NCAA lays the hammer down big time on one program, and lets the other 99% get away with murder. You don't have to ruin a program to prove a point. The NCAA had a valuable opportunity to sink Newton and to sink Pryor without long-term damage to the program. If the NCAA made Pryor miss the Sugar Bowl, which they should have, that sends a message to Tressel that "if you keep letting your kids break the rules, we're going to pull them from games that matter." It sends the same message to boosters. But the NCAA won't do that. The refusal to suspend Pryor and the other 4 for the Sugar Bowl was the biggest chickenshit decision the NCAA ever made and it proves that the problem is more that the NCAA is greedy than it is about them being swayed by politics.

I'm sorry - but things simply should not move at a hare's pace when these are the actors involved. The NCAA has to walk a razors edge to keep from doing untold damage to an entire state's economy with stuff like this. And while there's certainly some 'greed' from power brokers up top, those men are outliers in the grand scheme. The NCAA has a responsibility to police its institutions, but it also must protect them and their employees.
This is a fair point. Which is why I believe Congress should absolutely get involved. I think it's horse shit that a state school like Boise State gets unfavorable bowl games because they're not revenue generators. And here's the deal... every top 25 program/coach/AD has two choices: 1) Cheat; 2) not be top 25 anymore and get fired in a few years. It shouldn't be that way. The NCAA or Congress needs to step up and in one fell swoop, create a whole new set of rules that all teams have to abide by. That way, you don't have to worry about the politics of one team getting targeted while another isn't, because they're all playing by the same rules.

And yes, I believe those rules should be enforced by more frequent, more consistent light penalties, than one or two big-time penalties targeting schools that are only doing things that will allow them to compete. It's like the MLB player--we can accuse them of being unethical for cheating, but when lax enforcement of the rules gives you an unfair advantage for playing by the rules, then you're going to start breaking rules.

Titty Meat
05-31-2011, 07:51 PM
http://www2.nbc4i.com/sports/2011/may/31/14/pryors-cars-now-focal-point-ncaa-probe-ar-513024/

Pryor was driving on a suspended license lawlz

keg in kc
07-08-2011, 01:36 PM
Tressel's resignation is now a 'retirement' he's keeping the 250k, but Ohio State just vacated all their games from last seasion, including the bowl game.

Ouch. (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6749330)

Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of assholes.

NaptownChief
07-08-2011, 01:59 PM
Tressel's resignation is now a 'retirement' he's keeping the 250k, but Ohio State just vacated all their games from last seasion, including the bowl game.

Ouch. (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6749330)

Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of assholes.

They are throwing up this pathetic smoke screen in hopes that the NCAA doesn't hammer them with everything they deserve.

The idea of claiming you "vacate" your wins is a very stupid one....Unless you are giving back money, trophies and rings earned then it is a complete joke....and even if you give them back it still doesn't change anything....The games have already been played, everyone's season has already been completed and sealed.

It's as dumb as saying a girl has decided to "vacate" the loss of her virginity. The act has already happen, you don't change a thing just because you decided to say you are "vacating" it.

keg in kc
07-08-2011, 02:01 PM
Oh, I would assume they're going to get pounded.

vailpass
07-08-2011, 02:14 PM
Am I the only one who doesn't think that what happened at Ohio State wasn't that big of a deal? A few cars and players trading their personal property for goods and services?Is that all?

NaptownChief
07-08-2011, 02:19 PM
Am I the only one who doesn't think that what happened at Ohio State wasn't that big of a deal? A few cars and players trading their personal property for goods and services?Is that all?

The really big deal was the old sweater vest intentionally covering it up.

keg in kc
07-08-2011, 02:22 PM
I think it's a lot like some of the other problems that have popped up recently, including Michigan's workout issues: I think it's one of those look the other way situations that probably everybody is guilty of.

Unfortunately for Ohio State (and fortunately for me! :)) they didn't do a good job. I mean, if you're gonna cheat to win, you better do it well enough that you don't get caught.

vailpass
07-08-2011, 02:46 PM
The really big deal was the old sweater vest intentionally covering it up.

I'm sure you are correct. Still, it doesn't seem like a situation where a coach should have to resign. The NCAA is so inconsistent it is laughable. But come the first Saturday of college football I'll forget all this and be glued to the games just like everyone else. And they know this.

vailpass
07-08-2011, 02:46 PM
I think it's a lot like some of the other problems that have popped up recently, including Michigan's workout issues: I think it's one of those look the other way situations that probably everybody is guilty of.

Unfortunately for Ohio State (and fortunately for me! :)) they didn't do a good job. I mean, if you're gonna cheat to win, you better do it well enough that you don't get caught.

All true. Ri-gotdamn-diculous but true.

NaptownChief
07-08-2011, 02:55 PM
I'm sure you are correct. Still, it doesn't seem like a situation where a coach should have to resign. The NCAA is so inconsistent it is laughable. But come the first Saturday of college football I'll forget all this and be glued to the games just like everyone else. And they know this.

The players selling off their stuff isn't something that should get a coach fired but knowing about it and covering it up from your own compliance dept and school officials is a big deal. Means the guy is a dishonest snake that you can't trust....definitely not the type that should be running a multi-million dollar powerhouse program.

keg in kc
07-08-2011, 03:00 PM
The players selling off their stuff isn't something that should get a coach fired but knowing about it and covering it up from your own compliance dept and school officials is a big deal. Means the guy is a dishonest snake that you can't trust....definitely not the type that should be running a multi-million dollar powerhouse program.It does make you wonder what some real digging into the program might uncover.

vailpass
07-08-2011, 03:02 PM
The players selling off their stuff isn't something that should get a coach fired but knowing about it and covering it up from your own compliance dept and school officials is a big deal. Means the guy is a D1 coach whose job is to win games....definitely the same type that runs all multi-million dollar powerhouse programs.

It does make you wonder what some real digging into any D1 powerhouse program might uncover.

FYPs.

Come on you guys, quit acting like OSU is doing anything their competition isn't.

keg in kc
07-08-2011, 03:03 PM
Come on you guys, quit acting like OSU is doing anything their competition isn't.I believe I've already said that.

And I'm a Michigan fan. You should know how I'm going to paint OSU... o:-)

vailpass
07-08-2011, 03:04 PM
I believe I've already said that.

And I'm a Michigan fan. You should know how I'm going to paint OSU... o:-)

Heh. Didn't know you were maize and blue. You have your own shit to worry about, I can see where a little buckeye misery would feel good to you. Probably a relief to get Tressel's boot off your throat. I hope Ann Harbor returns to glory soon.

NaptownChief
07-08-2011, 03:05 PM
FYPs.

Come on you guys, quit acting like OSU is doing anything their competition isn't.

Isn't that what all cheaters use as their excuse? :)

A lot of players might be doing similar stuff but I would bet a lot of money that most coaches aren't dumb enough to risk their high paying job by covering it up and dumb enough to leave an electronic trail if they do.

keg in kc
07-08-2011, 03:05 PM
Heh. Didn't know you were maize and blue. You have your own shit to worry about, I can see where a little buckeye misery would feel good to you. Probably a relief to get Tressel's boot off your throat.Yeah.

I'd rather get Lloyd Carr's boot off our throats. He's been killing the program for the better part of a decade.

vailpass
07-08-2011, 03:07 PM
Yeah.

I'd rather get Lloyd Carr's boot off our throats. He's been killing the program for the better part of a decade.

Lloyd was no Bo, that is fo sho.

LiveSteam
07-08-2011, 03:19 PM
Lloyd was no Bo, that is fo sho.

Did Bo ever end the year ranked #1.

vailpass
07-08-2011, 03:23 PM
Did Bo ever end the year ranked #1.

Did your mom have any kids that lived?

LiveSteam
07-08-2011, 03:28 PM
Did your mom have any kids that lived?

Just me

BigMeatballDave
07-08-2011, 03:33 PM
The really big deal was the old sweater vest intentionally covering it up.This.

All programs are crooked to a point.

chiefzilla1501
07-08-2011, 03:58 PM
The players selling off their stuff isn't something that should get a coach fired but knowing about it and covering it up from your own compliance dept and school officials is a big deal. Means the guy is a dishonest snake that you can't trust....definitely not the type that should be running a multi-million dollar powerhouse program.

The punishment fits the crime. But...

What I don't understand is that while everyone has been on Ohio State's ass since tattoo-gate broke, nobody seems to give a shit about Oregon. Ohio State was on the cover of every magazine and sports website. Oregon is barely even breaking front page news.

What Oregon did is a million times worse.

vailpass
07-08-2011, 04:01 PM
The punishment fits the crime. But...

What I don't understand is that while everyone has been on Ohio State's ass since tattoo-gate broke, nobody seems to give a shit about Oregon. Ohio State was on the cover of every magazine and sports website. Oregon is barely even breaking front page news.

What Oregon did is a million times worse.

Agreed 100%. But, well, it's just Oregon.

chiefzilla1501
07-08-2011, 04:13 PM
Agreed 100%. But, well, it's just Oregon.

Apparently, it's okay for both teams to cheat to get to the BCS Championship Game, but God forbid a few ineligible players are allowed to play in a largely meaningless Sugar Bowl.

BigMeatballDave
07-08-2011, 04:16 PM
What did Oregon do?

The Franchise
07-08-2011, 04:18 PM
What did Oregon do?

This.

eazyb81
07-08-2011, 04:21 PM
What did Oregon do?

Did some sketchy deal where they paid a company to help with recruiting.

chiefzilla1501
07-08-2011, 04:23 PM
What did Oregon do?

Some really heavy claims that they were doing some really shady stuff while recruiting. In this case, these are allegations where the school was using money to gain a competitive advantage.

eazyb81
07-08-2011, 04:25 PM
There was a report floating around Nashville that last year Auburn paid their football hostess group the "Tigerettes" $85,000 last year.

Not sure what those girls are doing to deserve that kind of dough. I guess those southern belles charge top dollar, eh?

Of course that was been brushed under the rug quickly down here in SEC country.

ohiobronco2
07-11-2011, 04:36 PM
ESPN is suing OSU to release all emails between Tressel and Sarniak.

vailpass
07-11-2011, 04:46 PM
ESPN is suing OSU to release all emails between Tressel and Sarniak.

ESPN has jumped the shark.

ohiobronco2
07-22-2011, 04:31 PM
No LOIC or FTM

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/sports/stories/2011/07/22/ncaa-ohio-state-violations.html

vailpass
07-22-2011, 04:45 PM
No LOIC or FTM

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/sports/stories/2011/07/22/ncaa-ohio-state-violations.html

Good for tOSU and the B10. Sucks that Tressel had to leave but now it is time to put this to bed and move on.

ohiobronco2
08-12-2011, 08:01 AM
Don't know if this has been posted on this site or not. Curious to know what people think of this. OSU scandal broke because of Tattoos for signature exchange. Could this be the beginning of something major at Alabama? Why hasn't this been covered ad nauseum on ESPN?

http://outkickthecoverage.com/julio-jones-the-man-of-many-suits.php

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/not-again-current-bama-qb-linked-to-suit-store-29806

ShowtimeSBMVP
01-20-2012, 09:28 PM
Multiple sources tell the Indianapolis Star that in-house assistant Jim Tressel is expected to be interviewed for the Colts' head-coaching vacancy.
The Star allows that the interview "could not be confirmed." Tressel, 59, served as the Colts' replay consultant in 2011 after being fired as Ohio State's head coach. It was Tressel's first experience with any kind of NFL job.

BigMeatballDave
01-20-2012, 09:32 PM
Multiple sources tell the Indianapolis Star that in-house assistant Jim Tressel is expected to be interviewed for the Colts' head-coaching vacancy.
The Star allows that the interview "could not be confirmed." Tressel, 59, served as the Colts' replay consultant in 2011 after being fired as Ohio State's head coach. It was Tressel's first experience with any kind of NFL job.

LOL

O.city
01-20-2012, 09:40 PM
Jeez.

Why would no one want to go into that situation.

Chief Pote
01-20-2012, 10:25 PM
LOL

Damn Dave what's so funny? The Vest is a winner.

chiefzilla1501
01-20-2012, 11:28 PM
The fact that college coaches can leave a college program with a bunch of problems, and then immediately coach in the NFL shows that the system is so fucking crooked and ridiculous.

Pete Carroll and Tressel should be banned for at least 5 years for any college or professional college sport.

SPchief
01-20-2012, 11:49 PM
The fact that college coaches can leave a college program with a bunch of problems, and then immediately coach in the NFL shows that the system is so fucking crooked and ridiculous.

Pete Carroll and Tressel should be banned for at least 5 years for any college or professional college sport.

Why?

BigMeatballDave
01-20-2012, 11:57 PM
Damn Dave what's so funny? The Vest is a winner.

I'm a Buckeye fan and I think he'd be a horrible NFL HC.

chiefzilla1501
01-21-2012, 05:30 AM
Why?

Because they are cheaters and rule breakers. How is it possible that cheaters and rule breakers get PROMOTED for cheating and breaking rules?

chiefzilla1501
01-21-2012, 05:32 AM
I'm a Buckeye fan and I think he'd be a horrible NFL HC.

He would absolutely be. He is Marty ball on steroids.

I will say that the Buckeyes were a very well coached football team. Very disciplined year in and year out. Tressel has a tremendous eye for talent and is a terrific motivator. But if he intends to inject his offensive philosophy, and you know he will, he is going to be frustratingly conservative.

Pushead2
01-21-2012, 05:35 AM
He would absolutely be. He is Marty ball on steroids.

I will say that the Buckeyes were a very well coached football team. Very disciplined year in and year out. Tressel has a tremendous eye for talent and is a terrific motivator. But if he intends to inject his offensive philosophy, and you know he will, he is going to be frustratingly conservative.

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/fan_shot_images/92939/a_edwards_195.jpg