PDA

View Full Version : News The KKK confronts Westboro Baptist Church at Arlington

kysirsoze
05-30-2011, 06:29 PM
I typically avoid WBC stories because I hate giving them more attention, but this one was pretty amusing to me.

Counter-protesters confront Westboro Baptist Church at Arlington
Washington (CNN) -- Protesting members of the controversial Westboro Baptist Church were met with an unlikely group of counter-protesters Monday at Arlington Cemetery.

Hours before President Barack Obama led the nation's Memorial Day observances at the Tomb of the Unknowns, three members of the Westboro Baptist Church were challenged by others who disagreed with them -- including members claiming to be from the Ku Klux Klan.

The Kansas-based church has attracted nationwide attention for its angry, anti-gay protests at the funerals of U.S. military members.

Among those counter-protesting at the cemetery's main entrance: About 10 members of a group that claims to be a branch of the Ku Klux Klan from Virginia called the Knights of the Southern Cross. They were cordoned off separately in a nearby area, but drew little attention as they gave out small American flags behind a banner that read "POW-MIA."

They said they were there to object to the Westboro Baptist Church's anti-troop message.

"It's the soldier that fought and died and gave them that right to free speech," said Dennis LaBonte, the self-described "Imperial Wizard" of the KKK group that he said he formed several years ago.

"That's fine," said Abigail Phelps, the daughter of Westboro Baptist Church founder Fred Phelps. "They have no moral authority on anything.

"People like them say it's white power ... white supremacy," Phelps said. "The Bible doesn't say anywhere that it's an abomination to be born of a certain gender or race."

LaBonte insisted he is not a racist nor a "hate-monger," but said he believes the white race is "slowly and most assuredly being denigrated."

Members of the group declined to say whether they were armed.

A larger group of about 70 protesters -- separate from the KKK -- located across the street waved pro-USA signs and took turns shouting down the Westboro Baptist Church group.

Some of the counter-protesters, including Malaika Elias, stood in front of the Westboro participants in an attempt to block them from street view.

"I think they're twisted and confused, and we're just here to show them there are people who think they're completely wrong," Elias said.

Many passersby shouted their thanks to the counter-protesters as they entered the cemetery on foot and in vehicles.

Several police officers, some on horseback, observed the proceedings.

Phelps said her trio was there to tell people they should not "idolize" the dead, especially those who died for an "unrighteous cause."

http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/05/30/arlington.cemetery.protesters/index.html?hpt=T2

MoreLemonPledge
05-30-2011, 06:37 PM
Nuke 'em all.

Dave Lane
05-30-2011, 06:38 PM
We hate more people than you!!!!!

Nahuh!!!

kysirsoze
05-30-2011, 06:39 PM
We hate more people than you!!!!!

Nahuh!!!

I know. It's funny to see people argue over who to hate and why.

BigMeatballDave
05-30-2011, 06:45 PM
These people have way too much time on their hands.

If these fuckers want to do the Lords work, they can help the needy.

I really hope everyone in the WBC clan dies in a horrible, painful way.

-King-
05-30-2011, 06:49 PM
Hopefully they can all kill each other.

chasedude
05-30-2011, 06:57 PM

Dis!

listopencil
05-30-2011, 07:08 PM
We have to find some way to get these Westboro morons and these KKK dickheads to fight to the death. Would an animated mannequin of a gay black Jewish ex Marine work?

WV
05-30-2011, 08:14 PM
I think they would find their freedom of speech difficult to exercise writhing in pain on the ground with tazer cords attached to them.

Archie F. Swin
05-30-2011, 08:17 PM
its a douche-off!

Bump
05-30-2011, 08:48 PM
they would protest the biggest anti-gay person's funeral in the world if it made the news, hell when someone finally kills fred, they'll probably protest his funeral because it would be on the news.

BigChiefFan
05-30-2011, 08:49 PM
its a douche-off!

LMAO

Mr. Laz
05-30-2011, 09:00 PM

Dis!

its a douche-off!
these

Digital Takawira
05-30-2011, 09:42 PM
i didn't know that the raiders were playing the broncos this week....

banyon
05-30-2011, 09:56 PM
If the kkk really wants to mess with them, they should switch sides and claim to be supporting them like that south park episode.

Reerun_KC
05-31-2011, 06:35 AM
i didn't know that the raiders were playing the broncos this week....

It reminded me more of MU vs KSU than the raiders and broncos....

Dave Lane
05-31-2011, 06:51 AM
We have to find some way to get these Westboro morons and these KKK dickheads to fight to the death. Would an animated mannequin of a gay black Jewish ex Marine work?

And do it pay per view. I'd be in.

JD10367
05-31-2011, 07:12 AM
I'm in work and don't have the access, so please envision a Microsoft Paint of "Mortal Kombat" where I've replaced the two combatants with a KKKer and a WBCer, both falling back and covered in blood in the act of dying, with the words "DOUBLE FATALITY!".

Jaric
05-31-2011, 07:17 AM
I'm struggling to determine which group here I find the least offensive.

Honestly though, how shitty of a hate group do you have to be for the fucking KluKluxKlan to say "You guys go to far."

JD10367
05-31-2011, 07:19 AM
I'm struggling to determine which group here I find the least offensive.

I place them high on my list, along with Colts fans. :p

gblowfish
05-31-2011, 08:21 AM
You know your church is f'ed up when its admonished by the KKK....

Braincase
05-31-2011, 08:32 AM
Here's hoping the WBC will decide to only protest in neighborhoods that the Klan is afraid to wander in to.

RNR
05-31-2011, 09:27 AM
You know your church is f'ed up when its admonished by the KKK....

LMAO

Easy 6
05-31-2011, 01:45 PM
It really doesnt get any funnier or more ironic than this.

I wonder how Mr. Labonte feels about all of those black, hispanic & hebrew soldiers/Marines/airmen/seamen that he's supposed to be supporting.

Digital Takawira
05-31-2011, 09:57 PM
It reminded me more of MU vs KSU than the raiders and broncos....

wrong. nobody hates ksu because nobody cares about ksu. kstate is more like the chargers.

Reerun_KC
06-01-2011, 06:44 AM
wrong. nobody hates ksu because nobody cares about ksu. kstate is more like the chargers.

my apologies....:huh: