PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs lockout/halloween game

KurtCobain
05-30-2011, 10:14 PM
I haven't been following the updates with the lockout thing and I really don't understand it. But I do have a question to people who know what's going on.

What are the odds of the Halloween game happening? I'm working on organizing a lot of people coming to this game and I'm hoping the lockout won't effect it. Do you guys think it will?

Discuss Thrower
05-30-2011, 10:18 PM
The first four scheduled games were made in anticipation of being easily made up later in the season if locked out, if I recall the NFL's reasoning.

Bowser
05-30-2011, 10:19 PM
My opinion is that they'll miss a couple of preseason games at most, if even that. Too much money to be lost if that number of games are skipped.

Bugeater
05-30-2011, 10:30 PM
I'm not making any plans until training camp starts.

BossChief
05-30-2011, 10:37 PM
My opinion is that they'll miss a couple of preseason games at most, if even that. Too much money to be lost if that number of games are skipped.

The tough part is how they will organize things. Teams are used to training camp, otas and everything else to get their bodies into football shape both in terms of strength training, flexibility and endurance. If they from nearly nothing to full blown games a lot of players are gonna get injured.

If this lockout continues for two more months, it will be interesting to see how it's handled.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-30-2011, 10:38 PM

The tough part is how they will organize things. Teams are used to training camp, otas and everything else to get their bodies into football shape both in terms of strength training, flexibility and endurance. If they from nearly nothing to full blown games a lot of players are gonna get injured.

If this lockout continues for two more months, it will be interesting to see how it's handled.

These.

Old Dog
05-31-2011, 06:20 AM
If any regular season games go, the first two games to get scrapped would likely be weeks two and four.
Look closely and you find no divisional games there (don't look for that odd happening in the schedule during the last few years, you won't find ONE week where it happened, let alone two). The other reasoning I say that is that all home teams in week two are on the road in week four and vice versa.
It wasn't put out that these were planned in as games that were easily done away with, but it doesn't take a conspiracy theorist to figure it out.

bevischief
05-31-2011, 06:21 AM

this.

BossChief
05-31-2011, 12:19 PM
If any regular season games go, the first two games to get scrapped would likely be weeks two and four.
Look closely and you find no divisional games there (don't look for that odd happening in the schedule during the last few years, you won't find ONE week where it happened, let alone two). The other reasoning I say that is that all home teams in week two are on the road in week four and vice versa.
It wasn't put out that these were planned in as games that were easily done away with, but it doesn't take a conspiracy theorist to figure it out.

it was surely planned. They even had a part of the schedule release show pointing out these things.

milkman
05-31-2011, 12:25 PM
As soon as the 8th circuit court makes it's ruling on June 3rd, we'll get some movement in negotiations.