PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Who Will Step Up?

Easy 6
06-04-2011, 10:53 PM
Yes, i know Bleacher Report is 'just a bunch of average joes' but still thought it was a decent look at a few fringe players, digging into the depth chart a bit.

But i'm still trying to 'remember the time' when Jerheme Urban was going to be somebody. Anyway, its football talk atleast...

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/b9KPn

CrazyPhuD
06-04-2011, 11:12 PM
BTW you do realize that this is actually a kcchiefs.com article....not a leecher report article right?

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/Hey-Remember-Me/4dcb0f85-f034-41cb-8b13-3ece897e2da5

Easy 6
06-05-2011, 12:05 AM
LMAO... waitress! another drink over here pronto! babe

FAX
06-05-2011, 12:07 AM
Actually, I think it's a pretty cool article. I'd almost forgotten about some of those guys.

It would be so nice to find a few diamonds in the rough ... or the IR list, as it were.

FAX

Easy 6
06-05-2011, 12:22 AM
Actually, I think it's a pretty cool article. I'd almost forgotten about some of those guys.

It would be so nice to find a few diamonds in the rough ... or the IR list, as it were.

FAX

Cameron Sheffield might fit that bill, if nothing else he has a name befitting a Knight of Camelot.

Cottam still has plenty of potential as well IMO, great size & i've watched him catch & block well at times.

hunter121
06-05-2011, 03:28 AM
It would be so nice to find a few diamonds in the rough

milkman
06-05-2011, 07:26 AM
Looking at that, it would be nice to see Cottam stay healthy and play to the level of his talent.

If Horne could step up and develop, that speed could really add a dimension from the slot that McNuggett failed to bring.

Add continued development from Tucker, who showed flashes last year, with Bowe and Baldwin, the WR position suddenly no longer sucks ass.

A healthy Langford would be a huge upgrade in the depth at the safety poistion.

I never want see Donald Washington hit the field again, at either corner or safety.

Absolutely useless.

Sheffield, if healthy, is going to make competition for depth at the OLB spots really interesting.

I am still hoping that the Chiefs were working with Harris at center.

Niswanger can walk.

SAUTO
06-05-2011, 08:19 AM
Looking at that, it would be nice to see Cottam stay healthy and play to the level of his talent.

If Horne could step up and develop, that speed could really add a dimension from the slot that McNuggett failed to bring.

Add continued development from Tucker, who showed flashes last year, with Bowe and Baldwin, the WR position suddenly no longer sucks ass.

I never want see Donald Washington hit the field again, at either corner or safety.

Absolutely useless.

Sheffield, if healthy, is going to make competition for depth at the OLB spots really interesting.

Niswanger can walk.
All of this.
Posted via Mobile Device

Coogs
06-05-2011, 08:24 AM
This is my choice...

http://www.bobgretz.com/chiefs-football/player-profile-%e2%80%a6-dt-anthony-toribio.html#more-20943

... no particular reason why, but a NT from someplace like Carson-Newman just seems to make sense.

bevischief
06-05-2011, 09:21 AM

Absolutely useless.

Niswanger can walk.

:thumb:

spanky 52
06-05-2011, 09:36 AM
I had high hopes for Harris last year before he got hurt. If he can play center that's a huge bonus but I'd be happy with him at one of the guard positions. This year I'm looking for Tucker to blossom.

Coogs
06-05-2011, 09:41 AM
Asamoah, Harris, and Hudson in some combination could really solidify the interior of the O-line for a long time. Hopefully sooner than later.

Easy 6
06-05-2011, 10:14 AM

Absolutely useless.

Amen, cant think of a single instance where he looked like an NFL player out there.

ElGringo
06-05-2011, 11:20 AM
How can you call anything Sheffield does this season a step up or down. He did not have a chance to play a single real season snap last year. I do think and hope he will be a good player, but it would not be a step in any direction as in my eyes, if he plays this season it will be his first step (it would be like saying Baldwin is going to step up this season).

KurtCobain
06-05-2011, 11:21 AM
How can you call anything Sheffield does this season a step up or down. He did not have a chance to play a single real season snap last year. I do think and hope he will be a good player, but it would not be a step in any direction as in my eyes, if he plays this season it will be his first step (it would be like saying Baldwin is going to step up this season).

Yes but is that first step going to be up or down?

milkman
06-05-2011, 11:22 AM

Oh Jesus.

:facepalm:

Deberg_1990
06-05-2011, 11:24 AM
Step Up to da streets!

KurtCobain
06-05-2011, 11:27 AM
And I hope Baldwin steps up this season. He'd better.

Easy 6
06-05-2011, 11:31 AM
Step Up to da streets!

LMAO THATS RIGHT! I'M CALLING YOU OUT FOR A DANCE OFF, BITCH!

whoman69
06-05-2011, 11:57 AM
Only way Nieswanger makes this team is if Wiegmann retires. He'll be a minus. Harris is going to need to be able to double as a tackle or center if he wants to make this team. Torbio makes the team only if Edwards is cut. Whoever plays special teams best of Horne and Urban will make the team. Cottam has a good chance at providing depth if he can stay healthy. I expect Pope will probably end up retiring or moving on if Cottam is healthy.

Pants
06-05-2011, 12:00 PM
Do you guys think Sheffield will ever be able to give his 100% on the field again? I mean, I think it's probably pretty damn hard to just let go after a scary injury like the one he sustained. I'm sure he can achieve the physical 100%, but I'm just not sure about his mental status.