PDA

View Full Version : Life Why would someone park their car and leave it running?

WebGem
06-05-2011, 12:43 AM
Just saw some guy do this. Anyone seen this before?

Posted via Tapatalk.

4th and Long
06-05-2011, 12:50 AM
Depends on the season, their state of mind and where it's parked. Cold weather, parked in the driveway? Suicidal and parked in the garage with the door closed? We'll need specifics.
Posted via Mobile Device

Easy 6
06-05-2011, 12:56 AM
So you're driving a stolen car, whats the next move?

yhf
06-05-2011, 12:59 AM
Mayhaps they were all extra depressed after a UFC match and were in a great big rush to get to a tapatalk machine so they could tell their internet strangerfriends that they were gonna end it all goodbye cruel world like. Just throwin' darts though.

kcxiv
06-05-2011, 01:12 AM
lol, when i was younger, thats how they used to get the weekend car. People always leave their shit on in the mornings to warm up. lol

BIG_DADDY
06-05-2011, 01:13 AM
I could give 10 reasons but who give's a fuck?

KCrockaholic
06-05-2011, 01:46 AM
IDK. I see this all the time. It's kinda dumb, but whateva.

SPATCH
06-05-2011, 02:12 AM
riveting stuff

Gonzo
06-05-2011, 02:16 AM
A courier at my last job left his car running with all of our customers gas/water bills. Of course, it was stolen. Luckily it was recovered with everything intact.
Needless to say, he was fired.
Posted via Mobile Device

Miles
06-05-2011, 02:38 AM
Someone waiting in the car or a crap car that may not restart are the only reasons I can think of.

hunter121
06-05-2011, 03:31 AM
A courier at my last job left his car running with all of our customers gas/water bills.

Okie_Apparition
06-05-2011, 04:54 AM
For me, this falls under, there are really somethings that are none of my business. Reasons could be as countless as the stars

Okie_Apparition
06-05-2011, 05:06 AM
I bet it was one of those dumbass pet parents out driving their poodledor to sleep

Over-Head
06-05-2011, 06:33 AM
I once knew a fella who used to do this every time he got out of his car...5 mins or 5 hours he just didn`t care.
His theory was...`My old man`s loaded, I can afford it`
So this one night he descided to park in a Handicap zone, go in and order from a resturant.
My buddies and I locked his doors, and walked away.
You could hear him screaming for blocks!!

I `just happened` to be walking by a few mins later, looked at him all innocent asked what the prob was, when he told me, I said..`call a lock smith, your old mans loaded right` and drove away.....the look on his face was priceless after we called the cops, reported his car in a handicaped spot (pretending to be in a wheel chair and late for an apointment), and saw the wrecker come tow his Nissan 300zx away. :evil:

For everything else theres MastercardLMAO

jspchief
06-05-2011, 06:41 AM
I guess it depends on where you live, buy what are the odds that your car is going to be stolen? In my entire life, I've known 1 person that's had their ride taken.

I do it sometimes. I don't particularly feel like there are car thieves lurking around every corner.

Bump
06-05-2011, 07:46 AM
maybe they're Canadian

Over-Head
06-05-2011, 08:25 AM
maybe they're Canadian couldn`t be, our gas is higher in price than yours..........but then again, at the close of business Friday so was our dollar :evil: LMAO

SAUTO
06-05-2011, 08:35 AM
I do it around here sometimes. Small town.

Hell my wife woke me up early this morning asking why in the hell I took the keys out of her van when I parked it last night.
She never takes them out around here and I have to tell her to when we are out of town.
Posted via Mobile Device

stevieray
06-05-2011, 09:15 AM
same reason joggers run in place at crosswalks...don't want your car to cramp up.

I always find it hilarious when people lock their car parked in right in front of quik trip. hit he manual lock button in the car before you exit? no way, can't draw attention to yourself unless you can make the car alarm squeak.

Over-Head
06-05-2011, 09:26 AM
I always lock my truck, too many valuable tools in it not to, and most of them are hand made custom things I CANT replace, but would have to take lots of time to rebuild.

KurtCobain
06-05-2011, 09:29 AM
I always lock my truck, too many valuable tools in it not to, and most of them are hand made custom things I CANT replace, but would have to take lots of time to rebuild.

That would be a good reason to lock your car even in front of Quicktrip.

listopencil
06-05-2011, 06:59 PM
I do it on my way to work at the local 7/11.

listopencil
06-05-2011, 07:02 PM
Not Posted via Tapatalk.

milkman
06-05-2011, 07:05 PM
I do it on my way to work at the local 7/11.

Guy I used to work with used to do it when he went into the 7-11.

He stopped doing it when his car was stolen.

listopencil
06-05-2011, 07:11 PM
Guy I used to work with used to do it when he went into the 7-11.

He stopped doing it when his car was stolen.

Well...I drive a really crappy little Hyundai two-door hatchback (40 mpg) to work, I live in a town of around 6000 people and this is around 0430. Also the parking lot is extremely well lit, I can see the car from inside the store and I'm only in there for about five minutes.

milkman
06-05-2011, 07:13 PM
Well...I drive a really crappy little Hyundai two-door hatchback (40 mpg) to work, I live in a town of around 6000 people and this is around 0430. Also the parking lot is extremely well lit, I can see the car from inside the store and I'm only in there for about five minutes.

Good neighborhood, middle of the day, old crappy Malibu.

Buck
06-05-2011, 07:19 PM
Perhaps they have a really weak battery that might not power the car back on if they turn it off. This happened to me recently and if I had to stop at my house before going somewhere else I would just keep it running. I wouldn't do that shit in public though.

Nirvana58
06-05-2011, 07:27 PM
I am a paranoid person and always lock my doors. However, I have learned to deal with this and started leaving my truck unlocked and the car running when I am making quick 5 minute errands. The reason is because I have a breathalyzer in my car and if I shut it off I have to wait anywhere between 5-10 minutes for it to warm back up and blow into the thing again before my car will start.

SPATCH
06-05-2011, 07:29 PM
Cold as hell, quick stop at the convenience store, want to leave the heater running...

Used to do it all the time when I lived in Missouri

Rain Man
06-05-2011, 07:33 PM
If you're going into a 7/11 and you see a guy at the counter with a hockey mask and a chain saw, and there's blood spattered on the windows, you probably should leave the car running. In every movie I've ever seen, the car won't start if you're trying to escape that situation with your beef jerky and slurpee.

Kerberos
06-05-2011, 07:49 PM
When I stop @ Starbucks in the AM to get coffee I WAS leaving my Ford running and locking the doors because it has keyless entry on the door. Usually in and out in less than 1 minutes unless it is unusually busy.

Detective from Henderson Police Dept comes in every once in a while to get coffee on the way to work and asks me if it was my truck running. I said yes and he told me it was against city ordinance and if a patrol comes by he can cite me for it.

I Don't do it anymore.

Just Passin' By
06-05-2011, 07:49 PM
This is easy to do today. With keys and remote locks, you can keep the car running and still lock your doors.

BigMeatballDave
06-05-2011, 08:02 PM
I see it nearly everyday.

I used to do it when I was young.

Then I got older and grew a brain.

Rain Man
06-05-2011, 08:05 PM
When I lived in a small town I never locked my car, but I'd never keep it running. That seems kind of insane. On cold days my parents would start the car and leave it running in the driveway to warm up, but I could never do that.

Nowadays I lock the car even when I'm in it. I don't even trust myself.

HonestChieffan
06-05-2011, 08:17 PM
This just beats all....

Cops: Couple left baby in hot car at strip club
One-year-old found sweating, crying in car, while parents were drinking in Louisville, Ky. club

(AP) LOUISVILLE, Ky. - Police have arrested two people after finding a one-year-old child in the back seat of a car at a strip club.
When police arrived, the child was crying and soaked in sweat, according to the arrest record reported by WLKY-TV.

The child's mother, Laura DiPrimo, ran out of the club, started the car and rolled down the rear window. The child's father, Thomas Lee, followed. He was wearing a home incarceration bracelet from Clark County, Ind.

Both said they had been drinking, according to the arrest report.

Police say the child is doing fine and was placed in the custody of a relative.

DiPrimo and Lee were charged with wanton endangerment.

Police said Lee complained the back seat of the cruiser was hot as he was transported to jail.

DanT
06-05-2011, 09:49 PM
Sometimes old cars are hard to restart. Anyway, for no good reason, the topic question reminded me of an piece that John Scalzi wrote about "Being Poor":

http://whatever.scalzi.com/2005/09/03/being-poor/

Over-Head
06-05-2011, 10:04 PM
This just beats all....

Cops: Couple left baby in hot car at strip club
One-year-old found sweating, crying in car, while parents were drinking in Louisville, Ky. club

(AP) LOUISVILLE, Ky. - Police have arrested two people after finding a one-year-old child in the back seat of a car at a strip club.
When police arrived, the child was crying and soaked in sweat, according to the arrest record reported by WLKY-TV.

The child's mother, Laura DiPrimo, ran out of the club, started the car and rolled down the rear window. The child's father, Thomas Lee, followed. He was wearing a home incarceration bracelet from Clark County, Ind.

Both said they had been drinking, according to the arrest report.

Police say the child is doing fine and was placed in the custody of a relative.

DiPrimo and Lee were charged with wanton endangerment.

Police said Lee complained the back seat of the cruiser was hot as he was transported to jail.

NUTHOOKS!! :cuss:

Gonzo
06-05-2011, 10:06 PM
A courier at my last job left his car running with all of our customers gas/water bills.

I sense douchebaggery.
Posted via Mobile Device