PDA

View Full Version : Misc UK homicide doctoral student is serial killer

Skyy God
06-06-2011, 10:50 AM
I've always suspected people that walk reptiles are sociopaths.

Excerpts from the article

http://www.city-journal.org/2011/21_2_otbie-homicide-studies.html

If a satirist had come up with the idea of a violent criminal who had spent time in an asylum being admitted by a university to its doctoral program in “homicide studies,” thereafter turning into a serial killer, that satirist would have been denounced for poor taste. But this is precisely what a British university did recently. A man with a long history of criminal violence became a serial killer while working on a Ph.D. thesis at the University of Bradford, the subject of his thesis being the methods of homicide used in the city during the nineteenth century. He himself used methods more reminiscent of the fourteenth.

Griffiths did not hide his propensities with any great cunning; why should he have bothered, in these nonjudgmental times of peace and tolerance toward all men? He kept hundreds of books about serial killers in his apartment, disclosed to his psychiatrists his intention to become a serial killer, and told girlfriends that he skinned and ate rats alive, adding that his ambition was to become even more notorious than the Yorkshire Ripper, a man who had killed 13 women in the 1970s. Nor did Griffiths hesitate to proclaim his oddity to the public; he used to take his pet lizards, which he also fed with live rats, for walks on a leash.

In 2009 and 2010, while pursuing his doctorate in the program, Griffiths killed and ate three women, two cooked and one raw, according to his own account. He later told the police that he had killed other women.

L.A. Chieffan
06-06-2011, 10:52 AM
psssh...i have a body soaking in a bathtub full of acid in Hell's Kitchen. Does that make me a serial killer too?

Mr. Laz
06-06-2011, 10:53 AM
Looks like we've found the answer to Florida's homeless problem.

Skyy God
06-06-2011, 10:54 AM
Looks like we've found the answer to Florida's homeless problem.

Homeless women problem, anyway. ;)

Skyy God
06-06-2011, 10:56 AM
Yeah, this wouldn't scar a kid.....

"Griffiths hated his mother, who separated from his father when Griffiths was young and was reputed by neighbors to be a prostitute herself. Certainly she behaved in a sexually uninhibited way: she would go naked into the yard of their house in the town of Wakefield and have sex with a variety of men in full view of the neighbors."

JD10367
06-06-2011, 10:59 AM
I've seen quite a number of women I desired to eat alive... but I think I had a different idea than this dude.

JD10367
06-06-2011, 11:00 AM
Yeah, this wouldn't scar a kid.....

"Griffiths hated his mother, who separated from his father when Griffiths was young and was reputed by neighbors to be a prostitute herself. Certainly she behaved in a sexually uninhibited way: she would go naked into the yard of their house in the town of Wakefield and have sex with a variety of men in full view of the neighbors."

That's a bad sign. That's how Rorschach grew up in "Watchmen".

vailpass
06-06-2011, 11:01 AM
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/W2NomJuAkoA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pasta Little Brioni
06-06-2011, 11:11 AM
Well, she told him to eat her out. He obliged.

CrazyPhuD
06-06-2011, 02:48 PM
Fucking police....interfering with important scientific research. Dude wasn't a serial killer, he was just trying to complete his thesis! No wonder the worlds educational systems are going to hell!

Hydrae
06-06-2011, 02:52 PM
****ing police....interfering with important scientific research. Dude wasn't a serial killer, he was just trying to complete his thesis! No wonder the worlds educational systems are going to hell!

No shit, it was just research.