PDA

View Full Version : Life Missing College Student....

Pushead2
06-07-2011, 06:04 AM
I hate when these stories pop-up in the news. Always tough because the out come is usually the one most people fear.

Indiana Police Search for Missing College Student Lauren Spierer

Authorities in Indiana are searching for a missing college student who disappeared early Friday after a night out with friends.

Police say 20-year-old Lauren Spierer, a student at Indiana University, was last seen about three blocks from her apartment in Bloomington at around 4:15 a.m. Friday, Fox 59 reports.

Witnesses reportedly told investigators that the young woman was walking barefoot to her apartment. Video footage does not show her entering the building, according to the Indiana Daily Student.

Spierer, a 2009 graduate of Edgemont High School in Scarsdale, N.Y., had just completed her sophomore year at Indiana University. She is reportedly studying fashion merchandising and is a University Division scholar.

"She's an amazing girl," Monique Douglas, a friend and coworker of Spierer's mother, said in an interview with FoxNews.com.

Douglas described Spierer as a driven young woman with "great charisma."

Spierer's parents flew from their home in Westchester County, N.Y., to Bloomington on Saturday to assist in the search for their daughter.

"It's every parent's worst nightmare," her father, Robbie Spierer, told the Journal News. "And it's worse than what you can imagine."

Spierer's mother also told the newspaper that her daughter has a life-threatening heart condition called Long QT Syndrome and needs medical attention.

"She has a heart condition but she never lets that stop her," Douglas said.

Spierer is described as 4 feet, 11 inches tall with blond hair and blue eyes. She was last wearing a white tank top with a light-colored shirt over it and black pants.

Anyone with information on her whereabouts it being urged to call the Bloomington Police Department at 812-339-4477.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/06/06/indiana-police-search-for-missing-college-woman-lauren-spierer/#ixzz1OahjMWRw

FAX
06-07-2011, 06:19 AM
Pretty girl.

Bad deal.

FAX

Inspector
06-07-2011, 06:57 AM
A friend of mine son went to Chicago for a school deal, left one hotel where they were having some conference thing to go back to his hotel and never was seen again. He was about 20. I think that was about 2006. Still has a $10k reward but nothing has ever turned up. Very sad. I can't imagine anything worse then losing a child and in his case, not knowing what ever happened...

And this kid had things going well. He was doing a radio show and was getting really popular. I think his radio name was Opie. I sure hope they find him or find out what happened.

FAX
06-07-2011, 07:04 AM
A friend of mine son went to Chicago for a school deal, left one hotel where they were having some conference thing to go back to his hotel and never was seen again. He was about 20. I think that was about 2006. Still has a $10k reward but nothing has ever turned up. Very sad. I can't imagine anything worse then losing a child and in his case, not knowing what ever happened...

And this kid had things going well. He was doing a radio show and was getting really popular. I think his radio name was Opie. I sure hope they find him or find out what happened.

I'm very sorry to hear this.

You know, I was listening to coasttocoast radio one night and they had a show about young, college-aged men disappearing all over the country, Mr. Inspector. They referred to the as the "Smilie Face Killings" because, in some of the cases, one of those yellow smilie face deals with with the dots-for-eyes was scrawled on a wall or a post or something. The boys they found had all drown (at least, I think that's correct ... it's been awhile) and the local authorities deemed each death as an accident. Some ex-detectives from NYC had taken up the case, though, and were convinced that this was some kind of cult killing deal ... like maybe a rite of passage thing or something ... where the cult members were killing guys in order to prove their worth.

Eventually, they found a guy in Illinois that some people thought was the Smilie Face Killer guy. I don't know what happened after that, though.

FAX

loochy
06-07-2011, 07:45 AM
nobody ever searches for ugly non-caucasian college students

Jewish Rabbi
06-07-2011, 07:56 AM
nobody ever searches for ugly non-caucasian college students

True story, one of my best friends' buddy went missing around a year ago. Almost no coverage of it, and even then it was only local. Meanwhile, I kept seeing stuff about these gorgeous rich girls that had gone missing getting national coverage. Kinda pisses me off, to be honest.

sedated
06-07-2011, 07:58 AM
walking home barefoot at 4:15am?

Valiant
06-07-2011, 08:07 AM
walking home barefoot at 4:15am?

It is code for drunk or on something.

loochy
06-07-2011, 08:10 AM
It is code for drunk or on something.

But she's pretty and white! Obviously she never could have done this to herself! People said she was an amazing girl with great charisma!