PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink Wichita Craft Beer Enthusiasts (or Snobs)

Zebedee DuBois
06-11-2011, 10:39 AM
I, and a couple like minded friends, have been tasting beers at The Anchor on nearly a weekly basis for a few years now. Their beer menu is wonderful and ever changing.
Here is a link: http://www.anchorwichita.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Draught-Beer-List-for-website.pdf

Of course, they do have an earned reputation for spotty service, and now their food (previously above average) has taken a step backwards.

I am sure that our group will return for the fabulous beer ( why can't Lefthand Milkstout taste as creamy from the bottle as it does from the tap?) but we thought we would tour other venues during the summer.

I am asking for suggestions on places that might have an above average selection of craft brews. I have sampled and enjoyed many a Boulevard and New Belgium brew, but haven't seen to many places have a selection beyond that.

We will probably hit the brewpubs: RiverCity Brewery, Granite City, Hank is Wiser, and a new place Wichita Brewing Co opening in a month or so. Probably try Old Chicago.

Are there any other places that offer great craft brews on tap?

Thanks to all

Dartgod
06-11-2011, 12:05 PM
If you are in KC, the Flying Saucer in P&L District has a huge selection. Highly recommend it.

Saulbadguy
06-11-2011, 02:28 PM
I stand by Old Chicago for always offering a good variety of craft brews on tap. They have about 30 on tap, but they will rotate 6 out every couple of weeks or so. They also have a few local taps at all times.

Plus you get free shit.

I never ate the Anchor, but I agree they always have had a great selection.

shitgoose
06-11-2011, 06:27 PM
I, and a couple like minded friends, have been tasting beers at The Anchor on nearly a weekly basis for a few years now. Their beer menu is wonderful and ever changing.
Here is a link: http://www.anchorwichita.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Draught-Beer-List-for-website.pdf

Of course, they do have an earned reputation for spotty service, and now their food (previously above average) has taken a step backwards.

I am sure that our group will return for the fabulous beer ( why can't Lefthand Milkstout taste as creamy from the bottle as it does from the tap?) but we thought we would tour other venues during the summer.

I am asking for suggestions on places that might have an above average selection of craft brews. I have sampled and enjoyed many a Boulevard and New Belgium brew, but haven't seen to many places have a selection beyond that.

We will probably hit the brewpubs: RiverCity Brewery, Granite City, Hank is Wiser, and a new place Wichita Brewing Co opening in a month or so. Probably try Old Chicago.

Are there any other places that offer great craft brews on tap?

Thanks to all

Here about a month ago I went to the Vagabond. Tallgrass brewery had a couple Firkin kegs of their brew. I don't remember exactly what they had but it was different than the Tallgrass sold in the liquor stores.

I have a buddy who works for one of the beer distributors in town so occasionally I get notified when these things happen. If I hear of another one in the future I will bump this thread.

DaFace
06-11-2011, 06:37 PM
Pssh...if you want beer selection, (practically) no one tops the Falling Rock Tap House (http://www.fallingrocktaphouse.com/beer) here in Denver. 200+ beers available at any given time, and over 75 of them are ON TAP. It's a sight to see.

Seriously, though, anyone who's spreading the love of good beer is fine by me, no matter what the size.

4th and Long
06-11-2011, 06:39 PM
Pssh...if you want beer selection, (practically) no one tops the Falling Rock Tap House (http://www.fallingrocktaphouse.com/beer) here in Denver.
*insert sound of screeching tires here*

Nothing good ever comes out of Denver.

Zebedee DuBois
06-11-2011, 08:06 PM
*insert sound of screeching tires here*

Nothing good ever comes out of Denver.

While I fully understand where that sentiment comes from, there are a bunch of excellent breweries in Colorado and Denver. Great Divides' Yeti series of Russian Imperials are particular favorites of mine.

Still, Daface - Denver locations do me no good.

Reaper16
06-11-2011, 11:27 PM
Pssh...if you want beer selection, (practically) no one tops the Falling Rock Tap House (http://www.fallingrocktaphouse.com/beer) here in Denver. 200+ beers available at any given time, and over 75 of them are ON TAP. It's a sight to see.

Seriously, though, anyone who's spreading the love of good beer is fine by me, no matter what the size.
Off-topic, you braggart.

I love Falling Rock Tap House, though. The multiple pints of Pliny the Elder I had there were a big part of the weekend that changed my mind about the city of Denver.

DaFace
06-11-2011, 11:29 PM
Off-topic, you braggart.

I love Falling Rock Tap House, though. The multiple pints of Pliny the Elder I had there were a big part of the weekend that changed my mind about the city of Denver.

Eh, I can't help it! I need to go in there and snap a pic of the bar. It's astounding.