PDA

View Full Version : Life Recomendation of Roofer in Raytown area

crossbow
06-15-2011, 08:06 AM
I have to get my roof worked on. Who do you guys suggest?

MOhillbilly
06-15-2011, 08:08 AM
i see all these dudes with -will work for food- signs.....

Phobia
06-15-2011, 08:12 AM
You need a whole roof or just some repairs? Insurance job or out of pocket?

You're going to pay a premium right now. Every reputable company is scheduled months out due to hail storms in the area. Kinda depends what you need.

I'm leaving my shop now but you may call me late morning or early afternoon and I will answer your questions. 816-665-1208

Over-Head
06-15-2011, 08:14 AM
I have to get my roof worked on. Who do you guys suggest?

Go down to your local building center, ask someone in the custormer service dept, who he thinks is the best around. get 2-4 ph numbers, and make a few calls. The TOP guy's shoud respond with something like "Dude, I can't even look at your house for 6-9 weeks, unless I havea cancelation".
Ask thenm if they know anyone they would recommend, (the top guy's usually have a network of pro's in their ph), and keep calling.

And trust me, to get it done right, you'r gonna have to wait a week to 3 weeks, the good guys that know their shit are BUSY.

Do some research, don't just take the first guy who says " yeah, I can start tomorrow".
Get written DETAILED quotes friom 2-3 guy's, and CALL their refrences, and go LOOK at the work they've done. If their that good, and have nothing to hide, an onsite inspection from a previous client should be NO PROBLEM what so ever.
I generally give any new prospective client 10-15 referal names and numbers, let them call at will, then take the time to set up a meeting with both parties and myself to look at my work.

Home construction and repair is a MAJOR cash cow money grab to scum sucking con's. The good guys are out there, just unfortunatly hidden by the wealth of morons in the industry looking to make quick cash.
Especailly in the economic mess North America is in right now. .

Good luck.

Phobia
06-15-2011, 08:15 AM
Go down to your local building center, ask someone in the custormer service dept, who he thinks is the best around. get 2-4 ph numbers, and make a few calls. The TOP guy's shoud respond with something like "Dude, I can't even look at your house for 6-9 weeks, unless I havea cancelation".
Ask thenm if they know anyone they would recommend, (the top guy's usually have a networl of pro's in their ph), and keep calling.

Do some research, don't just take teh first guy who says yeah, I can start tomorrow. Get written DETAILED quotes friom 2-3 guy's, and CALL their refrences, and go LOOK at the work they've done..

Good luck.

Shut the hell up, OH. I can start tomorrow. Heh. No, actually I can't. But I can move stuff around if the guy has an emergency.

Over-Head
06-15-2011, 08:22 AM
Shut the hell up, OH. I can start tomorrow. Heh. No, actually I can't. But I can move stuff around if the guy has an emergency.

Your new batch of employees made it across the Rio Grand last night I see LMAO

kc rush
06-15-2011, 09:57 AM

They were driving his old truck.

Chief Pote
06-15-2011, 10:28 AM

You want your ass banned?

Over-Head
06-15-2011, 10:34 AM
You want your ass banned? For what cracking a joke? What ever dude.

I mean it ain't like I wished aids on a 6yr old or anything now is it?

gblowfish
06-15-2011, 10:36 AM
If you need roofies in Raytown, I'd go to Funky Town.

Chief Pote
06-16-2011, 10:09 AM
For what cracking a joke? What ever dude.

I mean it ain't like I wished aids on a 6yr old or anything now is it?

Chill, I was kidding. You were commenting about Phobia....he's the disciplinarian.

Bwana
06-16-2011, 10:29 AM
You need a whole roof or just some repairs? Insurance job or out of pocket?

You're going to pay a premium right now. Every reputable company is scheduled months out due to hail storms in the area. Kinda depends what you need.

I'm leaving my shop now but you may call me late morning or early afternoon and I will answer your questions. 816-665-1208

Heh, if you were closer, I would have put you on the job. The crew crawling around my roof as I type this, looks like the top 7 from America's Most Wanted.

penguinz
06-16-2011, 10:35 AM
We had our roof replaced in early May and the wife had to tell the workers when they were done to stop sleeping on our lawn and call their boss to come pick them up.

Demonpenz
06-16-2011, 01:23 PM
that funky town joke was good

Phobia
06-16-2011, 05:40 PM

I don't hire illegals. We take twice as long but all the money is staying in the local economy. Had an agreement with a close friend of mine who lives on my block that I could match any of his bids. Next thing I know, he has a sign in his yard. Coward couldn't even tell me. So, now I'm laughing about the fact they put no ice and water shield around his gutters and valleys. Don't call me when it fails. Call your illegal workers who have relocated to the next big storm. At least now I know what that friendship was worth to him.