PDA

View Full Version : Prayer Request Looks like it's my turn to ask for help

booger
06-16-2011, 07:40 AM
She's gonna turn 12 in a couple of days. My little fishing buddy. She's a cousin but from the time she was born she was more like a daughter, or as close to one as i'll ever have. Couple years ago she almost died and damn near went into a coma and they discovered she has juvenile diabetes. Tough kid she gives herself shots and adjusted really well for her age. She doesn't let it get her down and tries to do everything all the other kids do or as close to it as she can.

She's had a rough life even before the health issues. Very resilient. I admire the hell out of the way shes handled the cards she's been dealt at such a young age. In the last year finally was introduced and established a relationship with her daddy.

Balling my eyes out right now. They moved and i only see her once a year now. She was up for a few days just a week ago. Had been fishing only once prior and in one afternoon she was pulling in catfish, walleye, and bass left and right.

She's in intensive care right now hooked up to 3 IV's. I pray to God she got to the hospital soon enough that she avoids the extreme levels of high or low blood sugar. That stuff is scary especially in kids.

Sorry for the ramble. CP is my best outlet at the moment as i don't want to tie up family cell phones that are with her. Hope to hear more later today.

Please say a prayer or good thoughts Shyla's way.

Msmith
06-16-2011, 07:46 AM
May God send an angel to watch over her and make her well.

Smed1065
06-16-2011, 07:51 AM
Wishes and thoughts sent.

Old Dog
06-16-2011, 07:53 AM
I've not found much harder than having to see your little one in a hospital bed. My thoughts and prayers are with her and your family. The only thing I can really offer is that you don't let her see your despair. You have to believe that things will be OK.

HonestChieffan
06-16-2011, 08:03 AM
Prayers for her and you. Nothing hurts worse than seeing a little person be sick.

booger
06-16-2011, 08:05 AM
I've not found much harder than having to see your little one in a hospital bed. My thoughts and prayers are with her and your family. The only thing I can really offer is that you don't let her see your despair. You have to believe that things will be OK.

I agree completely my friend. I will use CP to let my guard down so I am strong and calm like normal when i go see her. Good news a few minutes ago it looks like she has avoided a diabetic coma which was feared and mentioned on all of the previous phone calls i've had so far.

Thanks so much TBD and everyone else!

beach tribe
06-16-2011, 08:09 AM
Prayers, and best wishes.

Bwana
06-16-2011, 08:10 AM
Wow, sorry to hear about this booger. Consider it done.

OmahaChief
06-16-2011, 08:10 AM
Prayers sent...hope she gets well soon and you two hook into some good fish.

SuperChief
06-16-2011, 08:12 AM
Best wishes sent to you and yours, my friend. Think positive. It helps.

Otter
06-16-2011, 08:13 AM
Done

seclark
06-16-2011, 08:19 AM
thoughts and prayers for the little girl and her family.
sec

Dave Lane
06-16-2011, 08:31 AM
Good thoughts dude. Hope she's pulling some big trout this summer :)

kepp
06-16-2011, 08:36 AM
Done

Dayze
06-16-2011, 08:40 AM
done dude. that's rough, hang in there..

Fat Elvis
06-16-2011, 08:42 AM
Done.

Just Passin' By
06-16-2011, 09:48 AM
Consider it done, and all my best to her.

Mr. Laz
06-16-2011, 09:51 AM
:( :deevee:

Hoping she gets better

Hydrae
06-16-2011, 10:51 AM
Good to hear she appears to be doing better. Prayers and thoughts for all involved.

talastan
06-16-2011, 10:54 AM
Prayers on the way friend, God Bless her and heal her. She's very fortunate to have such a good friend like you backing her up!! :thumb:

Donger
06-16-2011, 10:54 AM
Done.

stevieray
06-16-2011, 11:02 AM
absolutely boog.

mlyonsd
06-16-2011, 11:08 AM
Done boog. Stay strong.

ClevelandBronco
06-16-2011, 11:09 AM
So I'm here praying for Shyla, and I figure I'll include a request for comfort for you as well, so I glance up at the screen again and I find myself praying to the Omnipotent God of All Creation for a guy named booger.

pr_capone
06-16-2011, 11:10 AM
Good thoughts going her way... and yours. Hope she pulls through ok.

Rausch
06-16-2011, 11:13 AM
Will do.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-16-2011, 11:49 AM
You got it, Boog.

Bowser
06-16-2011, 11:53 AM
That's terrible. Good thoughts coming your guys' way.

Over-Head
06-16-2011, 11:59 AM
Nothing but good wishes and prayers headded your way

dirk digler
06-16-2011, 12:04 PM
Thoughts and prayers headed her way.

chasedude
06-16-2011, 12:13 PM
Kids that age shouldn't have to got through things like that, innocence lost cant be obtained again. Hope she shakes this off.

RedNFeisty
06-16-2011, 12:18 PM
So sad, prayers sent her way.

vailpass
06-16-2011, 12:21 PM
My nephew has type 2, tough fucking row to hoe for a kid. Hang in there, they can really help these days and your niece will be good. Prayers for you.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dunit35
06-16-2011, 12:48 PM
Prayers sent from the dunit family.

go bo
06-16-2011, 12:57 PM
done...

Frazod
06-16-2011, 01:28 PM
Best of luck to her.

kysirsoze
06-16-2011, 01:49 PM
I agree completely my friend. I will use CP to let my guard down so I am strong and calm like normal when i go see her. Good news a few minutes ago it looks like she has avoided a diabetic coma which was feared and mentioned on all of the previous phone calls i've had so far.

Thanks so much TBD and everyone else!

Thank God for that. Hope she makes a quick recovery. Prayer sent.

mnchiefsguy
06-16-2011, 02:05 PM
Thoughts and prayer for her and her family.

spanky 52
06-16-2011, 02:25 PM
Sorry to hear about your cousin Booger. She'll be in my prayers tonight.

ChiTown
06-16-2011, 04:05 PM
You got it Boog. Prayers your way.

Gadzooks
06-16-2011, 06:11 PM
Sending my best wishes to Shyla.
You seem like a cousin/Dad any little girl would want to have. Stay strong for her Mr. booger!

Al Czervik
06-16-2011, 06:19 PM
Prayers being sent to Shyla and her family....

LiveSteam
06-16-2011, 06:49 PM
Done. Gods speed

cdcox
06-16-2011, 08:06 PM
Glad to hear the good news. Prayers sent for a continued recovery.

milkman
06-16-2011, 08:33 PM
Sending positive vibes Shyla's way.

Dr. Johnny Fever
06-16-2011, 09:01 PM
Done

Raiderhater58
06-16-2011, 10:30 PM
good thoughts her way.

booger
06-17-2011, 03:10 AM
Sounds like it's the issue of Diabetic ketoacidosis again. She's been in the hospital 5 or more times since diagnosed and each time was because of rising ketone levels.

I'm reading up on it but from what i understand some of the symptoms are like that of a virus or the flu such as upset stomach or vomitting so it can be hard to determine if she is just sick or having complications from her diabities. Sounds like it's best to be very cautious if not sure in these cases and just go to the E. R.

She slept the whole time i was there but did awake later and talked some with family that was still there. Pretty sure she will get moved out of the critical care unit into a regular room later this morning so that is a good sign. She's on vacation now, up to see friends and family. For the sake of her health i hope they cut that short once she is released (i assume in a couple days, more or less) and she gets back home to see her regular Dr. Pretty sure that is the plan.

She's getting started on the early teen years so i suppose the body changes kids go through could play a role in all of this. She is in the right place now at the hospital with good Docs so i have faith they will take good care of her.

When she has these spells of rising ketone levels it is a big scare to everyone because it can be fatal if not treated at the hospital right away. I hope there is a way she can either prevent this or they can educate her on the symptoms or triggers of this coming on. She is pretty sharp kid so we are all very proud of the way she handles monitoring it every day.

God bless all these kids that deal with this and many other illnesses that they go through.

I am very thankful for all of your kindness, thoughts/prayers, and well wishes! This place is full of great people! :thumb:

booger
06-17-2011, 03:18 AM
So I'm here praying for Shyla, and I figure I'll include a request for comfort for you as well, so I glance up at the screen again and I find myself praying to the Omnipotent God of All Creation for a guy named booger.

First off thanks so much!

Second..........LMAO

If he gives you a facepalm just tell him no worries, it's not the name my parents gave me!

big nasty kcnut
06-17-2011, 03:46 AM
Prayers sent.

booger
06-17-2011, 09:13 AM
Great news, her blood sugar and ketone levels are under control. Docs are confident she is close to back to normal and she should get out tommorrow! Blood sugar levels did rise to dangerous levels and she was close to levels that usually lead to a coma so she is very lucky.

6 trips to the hospital in about 2 years is a concern to the Docs so they will continue to do regular checkups and tests with her. She may have an underlying auto immune problem of some sort that they are testing for also. Something causes these raised levels other than normal that they must figure out what makes that happen in her case. For now she is to keep up the self testing she does herself, which they say she is doing well at, but be sure to be cautious like all diabetics have to be.

Right now we are all glad she will soon go home.

Myself and all of the family including her thank you all greatly!!

I am very humbled by the closeness of this board and it's members! you are all very special people

ChiTown
06-17-2011, 10:04 AM
Great news, her blood sugar and ketone levels are under control. Docs are confident she is close to back to normal and she should get out tommorrow! Blood sugar levels did rise to dangerous levels and she was close to levels that usually lead to a coma so she is very lucky.

6 trips to the hospital in about 2 years is a concern to the Docs so they will continue to do regular checkups and tests with her. She may have an underlying auto immune problem of some sort that they are testing for also. Something causes these raised levels other than normal that they must figure out what makes that happen in her case. For now she is to keep up the self testing she does herself, which they say she is doing well at, but be sure to be cautious like all diabetics have to be.

I am very humbled by the closeness of this board and it's members! you are all very special people

Great news, Boog!

:thumb:

Hydrae
06-17-2011, 10:16 AM

Great news! :thumb:

Thanks for the update.

Extra Point
06-17-2011, 11:29 AM
Glad things worked out better.

DanT
06-17-2011, 12:28 PM

That's great news, Booger.:thumb:

Predarat
06-17-2011, 01:48 PM
Good news, glad to hear!

Pants
06-17-2011, 02:25 PM
Thank God.

bevischief
06-17-2011, 03:12 PM
Prayers, and best wishes.

Easy 6
06-17-2011, 03:14 PM
Consider it done, its tough enough to see adults suffer but when its a kid your heart just breaks.

Edit - glad to see things have stabilized.

Chiefs=Champions
06-17-2011, 07:13 PM
Thoughts are with you!

Pitt Gorilla
06-17-2011, 07:14 PM
Man, that's horrible. It's good that she has people like you that love her that much.

BIG_DADDY
06-17-2011, 07:24 PM
You got it buddy, you and your girl our in my prayers. Sorry you had to go through that.

Rausch
06-19-2011, 10:15 AM
Good to hear there's some improvement.

And always remember: if you're ****ing stupid enough to ask the planet for help it sure as hell can't hurt to ask God.

booger
06-19-2011, 10:40 AM
Good to hear there's some improvement.

And always remember: if you're ****ing stupid enough to ask the planet for help it sure as hell can't hurt to ask God.

:) yep, never hurts to ask directly to the big fella.

She's feeling really good and gets to spend her first father's day with her real dad who the two have just been introduced within the last year. Sounds like he's a really good person so that makes me very happy for her to experience that. She's got a couple new siblings to get to know too. I guess her dad's side of the family has had some past diabetic problems so documented medical history for both parents now is something her Dr.s will have on record.

Happy Fathers day to all!

Old Dog
06-19-2011, 10:44 AM
Great news (in the updates) boog