PDA

View Full Version : Football Dogs and cats living together .... Mass Hysteria ... Anarchy!!!

Mr. Laz
06-16-2011, 11:37 AM
Tyree warns of 'anarchy' if gay marriage is legalized in U.S.
NFL.com

Published: <abbr id="article-time" class="value" title="2011-06-16T09:46:14-0700"> June 16, 2011 at 12:46 p.m. </abbr>
Updated: <abbr id="article-updatedtime" class="value" title="2011-06-16T10:15:27-0700"> June 16, 2011 at 01:15 p.m. </abbr>
Liked: 3 | Comments: 44

David Tyree is best remembered for making one of the most famous catches in Super Bowl history. His recent comments on gay marriage have put the retired wide receiver back in the public consciousness.

Appearing in a video produced for the National Organization for Marriage, the former New York Giants (http://www.nfl.com/teams/newyorkgiants/profile?team=NYG) wideout spoke candidly on his stance against same-sex marriage.

<table width="1" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><th>http://static.nfl.com/static/content/catch_all/nfl_image/d_tyree_110616_IA.jpg</th></tr><tr><td>David Tyree became an icon in New York on the merit of one incredible grab. (Kevin Terrrell/Associated Press)
</td></tr></tbody></table>
"If they pass this gay marriage bill, what I know will happen is this will be the beginning of our country sliding toward … it's a strong word, but, anarchy," Tyree said. "That will be the moment itself where our country loses its grip with what's right. Marriage is one of those things that is the backbone of society. So if you redefine it, it changes the way we educate our children, it changes the perception of what is good, what is right, what is just."

The comments were first reported in Thursday's edition (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/2011/06/16/2011-06-16_new_york_giants_super_bowl_hero_david_tyree_warns_of_anarchy_if_gay_marriage_is_.html) of the New York Daily News.

Tyree earned a place in sports history with his famous "helmet catch" that helped the Giants shock the previously undefeated New England Patriots (http://www.nfl.com/teams/newenglandpatriots/profile?team=NE) in Super Bowl XLII. It turned out to be his final catch, as injuries curtailed his seven-year career. He was elected to the Pro Bowl for his special teams efforts in 2005. He re-signed with the team for one day in 2010 so he could retire a Giant.

Tyree's feelings stand in sharp contrast to recent statements by Giants co-owner Steve Tisch and former All-Pro defensive end Michael Strahan in support of gay marriage legislation. A devout Christian, Tyree was inspired to release a video containing his opinion after learning of Strahan's public support of New York's same-sex marriage bill.

"How can marriage be marriage for thousands of years and now all of a sudden because a minority -- an influential minority -- has a push or an agenda and totally reshapes something that was not founded in our country?" he said. "It's something that's holy and sacred and I think there's nothing more honorable than fighting for it."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82058921/article/tyree-warns-of-anarchy-if-gay-marriage-is-legalized-in-us

Rausch
06-16-2011, 11:39 AM
I'd prefer that lesbians not marry but I'm all good with gay guys trading rings.

Just.......well, mostly..................yeah.

Saulbadguy
06-16-2011, 11:41 AM
DC.

Rausch
06-16-2011, 11:41 AM
DC.

Homo...

keg in kc
06-16-2011, 11:42 AM
Good grief.

gblowfish
06-16-2011, 11:46 AM
Fred Phelps just became a NY Giants fan.

Fish
06-16-2011, 11:53 AM
Yeah.... around 50% percent of first marriages, 67% of second and 74% of third marriages end in divorce. But yet it's so sacred that letting the gays in would cause social breakdown.

Fucking idiot....

OnTheWarpath15
06-16-2011, 11:58 AM
Tyree = Big Daddy?

Donger
06-16-2011, 11:58 AM
That seems a little over-the-top, but I do agree with his statement regarding a minority pushing their agenda (and the attempt to normalize it).

Rausch
06-16-2011, 11:59 AM
Yeah.... around 50% percent of first marriages, 67% of second and 74% of third marriages end in divorce. But yet it's so sacred that letting the gays in would cause social breakdown.

Shut your fucking mouth.

My odds are bad enough as it is but if Gay men were to flirt it up with our wives.

It'd be bad all around.

I don't shave, pick up, coordinate rooms/closets/clothing, and sure as hell won't sit through a Kate Beckinsale flick unless she's in black leather...

SPATCH
06-16-2011, 12:00 PM
Tyree, you stabbed.. my dad

Rausch
06-16-2011, 12:00 PM
Tyree, you stabbed.. my dad

How?...

DMAC
06-16-2011, 12:02 PM
Wouldnt it be...dogs and dogs living together?

Saulbadguy
06-16-2011, 12:02 PM
That seems a little over-the-top, but I do agree with his statement regarding a minority pushing their agenda (and the attempt to normalize it).
Get to the back of the bus, Donger.

Bump
06-16-2011, 12:05 PM

****ing idiot....

I was going to say this. But I'm willing to bet that 90% of marriages will end in divorce if the couple got married within the last 5 years.

But it's such a sacred thing! OMG, can't let gays do it. I don't even know why they'd want to, look at the numbers for Christs sakes! I wonder what the divorce rate for gays would be, maybe it would be significantly lower than straight marriages. But marriage is a stupid thing these days with absolutely zero meaning to it. It doesn't matter what you think, YOU are not an exception, everybody will get divorced at some point and there will be cheating in every marriage, you just might not know it yet.

Brock
06-16-2011, 12:05 PM
I was going to say this. But I'm willing to bet that 90% of marriages will end in divorce if the couple got married within the last 5 years.

Based on what?

Rausch
06-16-2011, 12:08 PM
I wonder what the divorce rate for gays would be, maybe it would be significantly lower than straight marriages.

Let's not get out of hand here...

Donger
06-16-2011, 12:10 PM

But it's such a sacred thing! OMG, can't let gays do it. I don't even know why they'd want to, look at the numbers for Christs sakes! I wonder what the divorce rate for gays would be, maybe it would be significantly lower than straight marriages. But marriage is a stupid thing these days with absolutely zero meaning to it. It doesn't matter what you think, YOU are not an exception, everybody will get divorced at some point and there will be cheating in every marriage, you just might not know it yet.

Aren't you one of our resident conspiracy nuts?

JD10367
06-16-2011, 12:21 PM
I don't shave, pick up, coordinate rooms/closets/clothing, and sure as hell won't sit through a Kate Beckinsale flick unless she's in black leather...

"Cold Comfort Farm" has some pretty funny parts. Plus it has Magneto in it. But he's gay, so that might not help.

JD10367
06-16-2011, 12:22 PM
I firmly believe gays should be allowed to marry. I think they are people too, and have the right to be just as miserable as heteros. :shrug:

Bump
06-16-2011, 12:26 PM
Based on what?

on everything

vailpass
06-16-2011, 12:33 PM
So it is0wrong to criticize gay marriage proponents but okay to vent on gay marriage opponents?
I wish this issue could be put to a vote and settled once and for all, though I have a feeling it might not turn out the way some of you think it would.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rausch
06-16-2011, 12:34 PM
"Cold Comfort Farm" has some pretty funny parts. Plus it has Magneto in it. But he's gay, so that might not help.

That is not one fag you want to piss off...

Brock
06-16-2011, 12:34 PM
on everything

Unconvinced of your methods of deduction for some reason.

Rausch
06-16-2011, 12:36 PM
I firmly believe gays should be allowed to marry. I think they are people too, and have the right to be just as miserable as heteros. :shrug:

This.

And they have an even more perfect marriage: they never have to fight over the kids (outside Kalifornia.)

kysirsoze
06-16-2011, 01:58 PM
Dear God. Who the fuck cares what this mediocre never was has to say? He made one great grab and that's it. Now I've gone from not giving a shit about him to thinking he is a loudmouth bigot. What an asshole.

BigCatDaddy
06-16-2011, 02:03 PM
I just hope he also doesn't try to step on those rights of Bi-Sexuals and that want to marry a man and a women.

RealSNR
06-16-2011, 02:09 PM
Bring him in for a look?

Demonpenz
Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve Smith

kysirsoze
Bring him in for a look?

Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve Smith

LMAO

Ace Gunner
06-16-2011, 02:15 PM
Wouldnt it be...dogs and dogs living together?

qfa

Inspector
06-16-2011, 02:20 PM
Gays have never been banned from getting married to my knowledge.

Years ago my sister was married to one. It was totally legal.

Okie_Apparition
06-16-2011, 02:46 PM
The catering business just might save this country, think man, think

listopencil
06-16-2011, 03:45 PM
"If they pass this gay marriage bill, what I know will happen is this will be the beginning of our country sliding toward … it's a strong word, but, anarchy," Tyree said. "That will be the moment itself where our country loses its grip with what's right. Marriage is one of those things that is the backbone of society. So if you redefine it, it changes the way we educate our children, it changes the perception of what is good, what is right, what is just."

Oh no, he's right . We should never change the laws to allow people more personal freedoms. In fact I think he should use his influence to lobby to get slavery reinstated. Perhaps he could be the poster boy for the movement. You know, give all of his money back to the NFL and sign up to be an indentured servant to whatever team wants him.Then, once slavery is legalized, he could just become one.

listopencil
06-16-2011, 03:47 PM
Gays have never been banned from getting married to my knowledge.

Years ago my sister was married to one. It was totally legal.

Joking? If not...incredibly stupid.

Mr. Laz
06-16-2011, 05:00 PM
Joking? If not...incredibly stupid.
pretty sure it was a joke

'Gay people can marry whomever they want as long as it's a girl'

Pasta Little Brioni
06-16-2011, 05:00 PM
More proof that the world is ending!!!!!!!!!!/dubya

Skyy God
06-16-2011, 05:01 PM
God hates William Gay.

Terribilis
06-16-2011, 05:19 PM
So it is0wrong to criticize gay marriage proponents but okay to vent on gay marriage opponents?
I wish this issue could be put to a vote and settled once and for all, though I have a feeling it might not turn out the way some of you think it would.
Posted via Mobile Device
majority votes are great for protecting the rights of minorities.

Bill Brasky
06-16-2011, 06:05 PM

+ rep.

I find it pretty amazing we've come this far as a society and we're still limiting the personal freedoms of people based on who they're attracted to.

listopencil
06-16-2011, 06:23 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

So it's OK for the government to regulate a religious institution?

Mr. Laz
06-16-2011, 06:48 PM
So it's OK for the government to regulate a religious institution?
actually for the most part the religious institutions don't want to allow gay marriage.

Religion is the excuse for the homophobes

allowing gay marriage would be the regulation

Dave Lane
06-16-2011, 06:56 PM
+ rep.

I find it pretty amazing we've come this far as a society and we're still limiting the personal freedoms of people based on who they're attracted to.

Its retarded.

06-16-2011, 07:07 PM

dumbass

listopencil
06-16-2011, 07:20 PM
actually for the most part the religious institutions don't want to allow gay marriage.

Religion is the excuse for the homophobes

allowing gay marriage would be the regulation

No, that's not true. The only thing stopping same sex marriages in California is a state law disallowing it. Same as other states that don't allow it. You can find ministers in every state that are willing to marry same sex couples, some just aren't allowed to do so.

listopencil
06-16-2011, 07:26 PM
Here's a Wikipedia article that (I think) says it's now legal to perform same sex marriages in California again-

United States district court (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_district_court) Judge Vaughn R. Walker (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaughn_R._Walker) overturned Proposition 8 on August 4, 2010 in the case Perry v. Schwarzenegger (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perry_v._Schwarzenegger), ruling that it violated both the Due Process (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourteenth_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution) and Equal Protection clauses of the United States Constitution (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Constitution).<sup id="cite_ref-9" class="reference">[10] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_Proposition_8_%282008%29#cite_note-9)</sup> Judge Walker issued an injunction against enforcing Proposition 8 and a stay (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stay_of_execution) to determine suspension of his ruling pending appeal.<sup id="cite_ref-SFChron_strikes_down_10-0" class="reference">[11] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_Proposition_8_%282008%29#cite_note-SFChron_strikes_down-10)</sup><sup id="cite_ref-FOX40_article_11-0" class="reference">[12] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_Proposition_8_%282008%29#cite_note-FOX40_article-11)</sup> The Ninth Circuit Court Of Appeals continued the stay, keeping Judge Walker's ruling on hold pending appeal.<sup id="cite_ref-12" class="reference">[13] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_Proposition_8_%282008%29#cite_note-12)</sup>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_Proposition_8_%282008%29

I haven't been keeping track really, was just very disgusted that the Proposition passed in the first place.

Mr. Laz
06-16-2011, 07:33 PM
No, that's not true. The only thing stopping same sex marriages in California is a state law disallowing it. Same as other states that don't allow it. You can find ministers in every state that are willing to marry same sex couples, some just aren't allowed to do so.
I guess i didn't explain myself correctly

People are using religion as an EXCUSE to oppose marriage. A lot of people.

I imagine a good 25% of the people on this board agree with Tyree and just don't want to say anything. Just a guess but i doubt i'm wrong by much.

listopencil
06-16-2011, 07:46 PM

I imagine a good 25% of the people on this board agree with Tyree and just don't want to say anything. Just a guess but i doubt i'm wrong by much.

Oh yeah, I absolutely agree. I can certainly understand that some people don't approve or condone homosexual behavior, and I understand how that can be deeply rooted in their faith, and their concepts of right and wrong. I don't have a problem at all with people who object to homosexuality or same sex marriage due to religious reasons. There's an easy solution for them: Don't engage in homosexual behavior, and don't marry people of the same gender. Real simple. Real straightforward.

The thing about America is that other citizens don't have to share your faith, and shouldn't have to live by your interpretation of God's will.

ChiefGator
06-16-2011, 07:52 PM

Oh no, he's right . We should never change the laws to allow people more personal freedoms. In fact I think he should use his influence to lobby to get slavery reinstated. Perhaps he could be the poster boy for the movement. You know, give all of his money back to the NFL and sign up to be an indentured servant to whatever team wants him.Then, once slavery is legalized, he could just become one.

You quoted the right part... I think it is awesome.. "it changes the way we educate our children, it changes the perception of what is good, what is right, what is just". Uhh.. that is part of the point ya dumbass. It's not okay to restrict someone's personal freedoms just because you don't think it is good, just, etc...

listopencil
06-16-2011, 07:59 PM
You quoted the right part... I think it is awesome.. "it changes the way we educate our children, it changes the perception of what is good, what is right, what is just". Uhh.. that is part of the point ya dumbass. It's not okay to restrict someone's personal freedoms just because you don't think it is good, just, etc...

Yep. Exactly so.

BigCatDaddy
06-16-2011, 08:20 PM
Yep. Exactly so.

Old arguement, but do you think we should restrict the rights of the bi-sexual community to marry multiple partners?

listopencil
06-16-2011, 08:27 PM
Old arguement, but do you think we should restrict the rights of the bi-sexual community to marry multiple partners?

No, I don't. I don't have a problem with group marriage. I could see it as a healthier situation for children with the disappearance of the "nuclear family", and I have seen the benefits of a large extended family myself.

BigCatDaddy
06-16-2011, 08:32 PM
No, I don't. I don't have a problem with group marriage. I could see it as a healthier situation for children with the disappearance of the "nuclear family", and I have seen the benefits of a large extended family myself.

Good, if you are supporter of Gay marriage then that's really the only position you can take. No limits at all... on number, race, gender, probably even species or you are going to cut the line off at someoen.

listopencil
06-16-2011, 08:37 PM
Good, if you are supporter of Gay marriage then that's really the only position you can take. No limits at all... on number, race, gender, probably even species or you are going to cut the line off at someone.

Other than the bold part sure. The marriages to animals bit is pretty funny though. I've seen it used to get the old "slippery slope" argument going, but it's invalid. Marriage is a social contract that must be entered with love, understanding, respect and an awareness of exactly what the bindings mean. I don't think it's fair to an animal to let it be married to someone. The poor bastard would have no idea what he was in for.

Brock
06-16-2011, 09:20 PM
Good, if you are supporter of Gay marriage then that's really the only position you can take. No limits at all... on number, race, gender, probably even species or you are going to cut the line off at someoen.

Well, at least you left off the hackneyed "why can't I marry an 8 year old" argument.

BigMeatballDave
06-17-2011, 01:06 AM
Why do people care what other people do if that action has no effect on them?

People need to mind their own Fucking business.

MahiMike
06-17-2011, 06:36 AM
You go Tyree! Can we sign him?

Dave Lane
06-17-2011, 07:10 AM

Probably higher than that here. In the DC forum it's probably 80%.

Dave Lane
06-17-2011, 07:13 AM
Well, at least you left off the hackneyed "why can't I marry an 8 year old" argument.

Don't remind him. It will be coming right up.

Dave Lane
06-17-2011, 07:15 AM
Why do people care what other people do if that action has no effect on them?

People need to mind their own ****ing business.

I've told a lot of people that to me religion and homosexuality are the same thing (this gets a good reaction :) )

Because If you don't try to convert me and you don't tell what you are doing, we will get along just fine.

BigCatDaddy
06-17-2011, 07:30 AM

Just asking where the line should be drawn. I'm not for "homosexual marriage" in the religious sense. I'm for legal unions so they can reap the tax benefits, but the topic right up there with watching badminton on TV regarding the things I'm passionate about right now.