PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Brian Waters' time with Kansas City may be ending

-King-
06-20-2011, 12:38 PM
Doubt emerges about Waters’ future in Kansas City

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on June 20, 2011, 12:15 PM EDT

Five-time Pro Bowl guard and 2010 NFL Man of the Year Award winner Brian Waters could be looking for new job at the end of the summer.

Pro Football Weekly credits team sources that say Waters “might be nearing” the end of his time with the team. And that Waters could be released “soon.”

The Chiefs like backup Jon Asamoah, who makes $3 million less than Waters. The news doesn’t come as a huge shock because we’ve read previously that Waters would have to compete to keep his starting job. Waters is part of the NFLPA Executive Committee. Fair or not, Waters may wonder like NFLPA* President Kevin Mawae whether that helps his marketability to teams.

Still, leaders like Waters don’t come along every day. Replacing his presence on a young roster isn’t as simple as finding someone who is a comparable run blocker.

The Franchise
06-20-2011, 12:40 PM
About fucking time.

kcxiv
06-20-2011, 12:41 PM
cant say i would be agaisnt this. This is the 3rd year and we dont need as many veterans on the team anymore. We got more then enough core members to carry that torch.

durtyrute
06-20-2011, 12:42 PM
Well.....bye

Lex Luthor
06-20-2011, 12:44 PM
How long before Fatlock claims the Chiefs released Waters in retaliation for the incident right after Pelosi and Haley were hired?

I give it less than 24 hours after Waters is released.

Fritz88
06-20-2011, 12:44 PM
Fucking dumb move.

Ebolapox
06-20-2011, 12:45 PM
"leader" my ass. go the fuck away, the sooner the better.

Bwana
06-20-2011, 12:46 PM
http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/1/22748000/ngbbs4dbed6fe952b8.jpg

ChiTown
06-20-2011, 12:48 PM
He's been an amazing representative for the Chiefs, and I appreciate that. But this move is probably long overdue.

Extra Point
06-20-2011, 12:49 PM
Let him test the water he's peed in.

Reaper16
06-20-2011, 12:57 PM
It's for the best, I think. I really value what he's given the team during his career, but moving on seems like the best move.

Otter
06-20-2011, 01:00 PM
Why would he want to leave now when the team is actually moving up?

-King-
06-20-2011, 01:03 PM
Why would he want to leave now when the team is actually moving up?

It's not up to him whether he leaves or not.

Captain Obvious
06-20-2011, 01:06 PM
How long before Fatlock claims the Chiefs released Waters in retaliation for the incident right after Pelosi and Haley were hired?

I give it less than 24 hours after Waters is released.

WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN?!?! OMG!

RealSNR
06-20-2011, 01:08 PM
If Asamoah is ready, it's definitely worth it.

We can replace our depth with guys currently on the roster.

BossChief
06-20-2011, 01:27 PM
This should mean Lilja moves back to the left side IMO. He was solid at RG for us, but Asamoah is a prototype right guard for this scheme and should be a 10 year starter on the right side.

Add a FA RT and give Albert another year to step up or risk getting replaced and this line is really coming along.

Albert - average/trouble with speed rushers that have an array of moves...still has upside.
Lilja - solid 3-4 year starter
Hudson - 10 year starting center with pro bowl potential
Asamoah - 10 year starting right guard with all pro potential
Richardson - a bull in the run game/bullshit at keeping his focus...Ryan Harris anyone?

|Zach|
06-20-2011, 01:57 PM
I think ChiefsPlanet has always been off base when it comes to Waters like "we should bring in Hugh Douglas" off base.

But whatever is best for the team. Would love it if Asamoah was ready to step up.

Ace Gunner
06-20-2011, 02:00 PM
they definitely got a problem running the ball inside the tackles, but this dude wasn't the problem, the other two were. Jamaal & Jones both got some yards in that gap between Waters & Albert. Waters is getting old, I hope Asamoah is ready to go. He's a beefy dude.

Titty Meat
06-20-2011, 02:02 PM
I think ChiefsPlanet has always been off base when it comes to Waters like "we should bring in Hugh Douglas" off base.

But whatever is best for the team. Would love it if Asamoah was ready to step up.

How so? I'd say this guy hasn't been dominate for about 4 years.

4th and Long
06-20-2011, 02:03 PM
Add a FA RT
LMAO

I'm sorry. The 12 year old in me just took over my body.

BossChief
06-20-2011, 02:19 PM

That may be so. I have been a fan of Brian for a long time. He earned where he got in this business through work and being a smart and dedicated person. Much respect for coming into the league an undrafted free agent tight end and growing into an All Pro Guard. He was a NFLMOTY...All Pro...he manhandled Ray Lewis time and time again back in the day...he has been a Great Chief!

But at his age, once he starts to slip, its already over. That obviously has already happened. 34 year old linemen dont start to slip and then all of a sudden find their second youth.

Much thanks for everything he has done for this organization, but its time for new blood on this team.

Vrabel and Waters have done a great job in the last two years as far as leadership goes, but they are both at the point where they will only deteriorate further and its best for us as a young team to move on to players that can fill the position long term.

A changing of the guard, if you will.

JFC

say it with me

DOMINANT

DOMINANT

Its not that hard, dude.

LMAO

I'm sorry. The 12 year old in me just took over my body.

LOL

|Zach|
06-20-2011, 02:25 PM

And I think he has been a solid (at some times really good) player for us over those years. He has been a consistently solid player for us during time span where we haven't had much of that.

Hey if it is time for the next guy I support that fully. I am all about what is best for the team. I just find it puzzling that people fall over themselves to shit on the guy who has been a good player for us. I could agree with your point if everyone was so dedicated to ripping on other players that were not "dominant" at their position who plays for the Chiefs.

Skyy God
06-20-2011, 02:26 PM
The news doesn’t come as a huge shock because we’ve read previously that Waters would have to compete to keep his starting job.

a) This is (welcome) news to me.

b) While I'd like to think a 5 time Pro Bowler under a reasonable contract still has some trade value, his age works against it.

Titty Meat
06-20-2011, 02:28 PM
That may be so. I have been a fan of Brian for a long time. He earned where he got in this business through work and being a smart and dedicated person. Much respect for coming into the league an undrafted free agent tight end and growing into an All Pro Guard. He was a NFLMOTY...All Pro...he manhandled Ray Lewis time and time again back in the day...he has been a Great Chief!

But at his age, once he starts to slip, its already over. That obviously has already happened. 34 year old linemen dont start to slip and then all of a sudden find their second youth.

Much thanks for everything he has done for this organization, but its time for new blood on this team.

Vrabel and Waters have done a great job in the last two years as far as leadership goes, but they are both at the point where they will only deteriorate further and its best for us as a young team to move on to players that can fill the position long term.

A changing of the guard, if you will.

JFC

say it with me

DOMINANT

DOMINANT

Its not that hard, dude.

LOL

Let's get pissy over a spelling error. Lawlz faggot

BossChief
06-20-2011, 02:29 PM
I just wonder if they are really gonna cut him. He is in the last year of his contract and is scheduled to make 3.5 million.

bowener
06-20-2011, 02:30 PM
a) This is (welcome) news to me.

b) While I'd like to think a 5 time Pro Bowler under a reasonable contract still has some trade value, his age works against it.

Trade straight up for Matt Light. Accept nothing less :harumph:

Titty Meat
06-20-2011, 02:30 PM
And I think he has been a solid (at some times really good) player for us over those years. He has been a consistently solid player for us during time span where we haven't had much of that.

Hey if it is time for the next guy I support that fully. I am all about what is best for the team. I just find it puzzling that people fall over themselves to shit on the guy who has been a good player for us. I could agree with your point if everyone was so dedicated to ripping on other players that were not "dominant" at their position who plays for the Chiefs.

He was good last year but the few years before he was pretty inconsistent. Asamoah should have been starting at the end of last year. Everytime that guy got in he was putting people on their ass.

bowener
06-20-2011, 02:32 PM
I just wonder if they are really gonna cut him. He is in the last year of his contract and is scheduled to make 3.5 million.

No. There is a lockout. They have nothing to print except speculation. If he is gone, fine, but it seems like they would like to see where JA is mentally/physically before cutting ties with Waters. At least that would make sense to me.

BossChief
06-20-2011, 02:32 PM
He was good last year but the few years before he was pretty inconsistent. Asamoah should have been starting at the end of last year. Everytime that guy got in he was putting people on their ass.

In Waters defense, its hard to look good when your team has a total POS at center.

Niswanger made it tough on Waters when we let Weigman go to Denver.

BossChief
06-20-2011, 02:34 PM
No. There is a lockout. They have nothing to print except speculation. If he is gone, fine, but it seems like they would like to see where JA is mentally/physically before cutting ties with Waters. At least that would make sense to me.

Jon Asamoah is a right guard. He could play left guard, but I think his skill set matches up better on the right side.

He is a lot more Will Shields than Brian Waters.

Skyy God
06-20-2011, 02:38 PM

Nice thought, except Light's a FA.

listopencil
06-20-2011, 02:38 PM
Let's get pissy over a spelling error. Lawlz pillowbitergot

It's not a spelling error, you are using a completely different word than the one that you think you are using. It makes you look stupid.

|Zach|
06-20-2011, 02:40 PM

Do you think it is interesting that your perception is he was good last year but the few years before that he was inconsistent?

The Franchise
06-20-2011, 02:40 PM

Yeahhhhhh.......fuck no. Matt Light needs to stay the hell away from this team.

Skyy God
06-20-2011, 02:45 PM
Do you think it is interesting that your perception is he was good last year but the few years before that he was inconsistent?

As much as it pains me, billay has a point. Asamoah looked to be the stronger player last year (with the same pieces around them).

Saul Good
06-20-2011, 02:51 PM

...and wearing horizontal stripes makes Mark Mangino look fat.

|Zach|
06-20-2011, 03:08 PM
As much as it pains me, billay has a point. Asamoah looked to be the stronger player last year (with the same pieces around them).

If it is his time I have no problem with that. I have been really clear about that. I just think this whole Brian Waters has been shitty and he can get lost talking point is absurd.

RedThat
06-20-2011, 03:15 PM
If it is his time I have no problem with that. I have been really clear about that. I just think this whole Brian Waters has been shitty and he can get lost talking point is absurd.

Yeah it seems like some people forget he was a really good run blocker. Or just have a lack of appreciation of what he has done in the past or simply don't care.

MahiMike
06-20-2011, 03:17 PM
22 guys off the street...

boogblaster
06-20-2011, 03:21 PM
he earned his paycheck .. but hopefully the younger guy is ready ....

Titty Meat
06-20-2011, 03:30 PM

No because it's the truth. It's likely because he had better talent around him this past year too.

Mr. Laz
06-20-2011, 04:04 PM
He's a good guy and all but i've never really seen Waters as leader.

Mi_chief_fan
06-20-2011, 04:31 PM
Add a FA RT

Should relieve the pressure.LMAO

Ace Gunner
06-20-2011, 04:45 PM

look at this video;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=989OK1N8Hg0

I'd forgot about this guy. he's a RG for sure, like you said. he has the quick feet and fast hands to handle 3tek pass rush. but he also has girth, he could play LG, maybe. tho I wouldn't expect it. If what you say is true about Waters, maybe they'll put Lilja back at his LG position and let John Asamoah play that RG position this season. I didn't notice Waters' play slide, myself. I saw times where Weigmann was getting completely blown out tho, and I saw a few plays where Lilja was just dominated.

I did see a few plays where Waters was slow pulling. He has lost that. Maybe that in itself plus the salary is reason to shuffle him out. I could see that.

beach tribe
06-20-2011, 04:48 PM
Jon Asamoah is a right guard. He could play left guard, but I think his skill set matches up better on the right side.

He is a lot more Will Shields than Brian Waters.

Yup. If Waters is gone, Lilja is moving back to his natural position, and Big John takes over at RG.

Mr. Laz
06-20-2011, 06:19 PM
Don't forget Harris

CoMoChief
06-20-2011, 06:35 PM
I don't get the Waters bashing on this site at all.

The guy is a gamer. Very well respected around the NFL, in the locker room, and as long as he's playing at a high level, he needs to be a Chief.

Releasing him doesn't make any sense at all. Thinking Asamoah could step in and the offense not skip a beat is fucking retarded. If we're making room to sign a big time FA acquisition then I might be for this....however I'd like to think that we'd be able to get something out of him (even a 6th rd pick) rather than just release him.

HonestChieffan
06-20-2011, 06:40 PM
Waters was done two years ago. Take pictures and send him down the road.

RealSNR
06-20-2011, 09:44 PM
Don't forget HarrisIt's time for Harris to either step up as valuable interior depth or GTFO. This experiment has gone on for awhile.

milkman
06-20-2011, 09:44 PM
Let's get pissy over a spelling error. Lawlz pillowbitergot

Here's the problem.

You're already seen as a dumbass when sharing your opinions.

The fact that your grasp of the English language is shaky at best, it just adds further to the peception that you're a dumbass.

And the old saying that "perception is reality" has never been more true.

milkman
06-20-2011, 09:48 PM

The guy is a gamer. Very well respected around the NFL, in the locker room, and as long as he's playing at a high level, he needs to be a Chief.

Releasing him doesn't make any sense at all. Thinking Asamoah could step in and the offense not skip a beat is ****ing retarded. If we're making room to sign a big time FA acquisition then I might be for this....however I'd like to think that we'd be able to get something out of him (even a 6th rd pick) rather than just release him.

I don't see it as bashing.

People have watched as his play has declined steadily over the 3 years prior to last season.

The decline was halted to some extent when Wiegman returned, but he still clearly isn't the same player now that he was in '07.

It's a simple matter of recognizing that it's time to move on.

DeezNutz
06-20-2011, 10:06 PM
It's a simple matter of recognizing that it's time to move on.

Yep.

Good dude. Much respect for him (generally speaking) and his overall play through the years, but it's time. And, frankly, it's been time--probably for both parties.

Hammock Parties
06-20-2011, 10:09 PM

Releasing him doesn't make any sense at all. Thinking Asamoah could step in and the offense not skip a beat is fucking retarded. If we're making room to sign a big time FA acquisition then I might be for this....however I'd like to think that we'd be able to get something out of him (even a 6th rd pick) rather than just release him.

Releasing an old player a year early instead of a year too late is smart.

Especially when you are trying to set a young team up for a title run.

Start Asamoah this season, let him get his lumps in, hopefully we'll be set on the line for years: Albert, Lilja, Hudson, Asamoah, Richardson.

Now imagine if they hung on to Waters too long and suddenly Asamoah is thrust into the starting role as the rest of the team is trying to make a title run. You could have a huge hole with an inexperienced guard in there.

Have to move on at some point.

Titty Meat
06-20-2011, 10:51 PM
Here's the problem.

You're already seen as a dumbass when sharing your opinions.

The fact that your grasp of the English language is shaky at best, it just adds further to the peception that you're a dumbass.

And the old saying that "perception is reality" has never been more true.

And when have you proven you are nothing other than some senile old man who can only use the word "dumbass" as in insult?

I find this slightly comical i'm such a huge dumbass you take time not only to read my posts but respond to them as well.

CaliforniaChief
06-20-2011, 11:09 PM
I think we're ready to move on. But in retrospect I'm glad he wouldn't be leaving in light of the alleged blowup with Haley/Pioli.

Micjones
06-20-2011, 11:19 PM
Releasing Waters at the end of training camp in a normal off-season makes sense. Cutting him during a lockout where you've had no real chance to see where Asamoah is...doesn't.

Don't understand the hatred that Waters gets from Chiefs fans either. He's been a hell of a football player for this organization for a long time. I take my hat off to the guy.

whoman69
06-21-2011, 01:39 AM
I think the guy still has something left in the tank. He still consistently allows amongst the fewest sacks in the league. He may not be a dominant run blocker anymore, but he's not a liability. Albert is definitely more of a question mark than Waters. Asamoah provides depth for this team. What happens if we drop Waters and then either Asamoah or Lilja get hurt?

BigRock
06-21-2011, 05:32 AM
If Pro Football Weekly has ever had a legit insight into something the Chiefs were going to do, I don't remember it.

InvinciBill
06-21-2011, 06:05 AM
And when have you proven you are nothing other than some senile old man who can only use the word "dumbass" as in insult?

Yeah, Milkman! If you could think up ultra-creative insults like "pillowbiter," people would take you more seriously!

Pasta Little Brioni
06-21-2011, 07:36 AM
Yeah, Milkman! If you could think up ultra-creative insults like "pillowbiter," people would take you more seriously!

What's up with making only about 6 posts a year LMAO

Iowanian
06-21-2011, 07:43 AM
Waters has been a very good Chief.

He's played pretty much every game, he's contributed and been pretty dependable while not getting into trouble. He's been a solid player and member of the community and I respect that.

He hasn't looked very good the past 2-3 seasons, with improvement last year. I assume improved play at Center has as much to do with that as anything.

On the business side, given his age, contract and a youth movement, it's probably time for him to go.

Sofa King
06-21-2011, 08:14 AM

He's played pretty much every game, he's contributed and been pretty dependable while not getting into trouble. He's been a solid player and member of the community and I respect that.

He hasn't looked very good the past 2-3 seasons, with improvement last year. I assume improved play at Center has as much to do with that as anything.

On the business side, given his age, contract and a youth movement, it's probably time for him to go.

Are you sure you don't want another crack at this post?

I see 0 negative comments towards another cp poster.....

If you want to edit to include one, i'll agree to edit my quote.

Iowanian
06-21-2011, 08:39 AM
Some Day, I'll be living in a big ole city
and all you're ever gonna be is mean.

Why you gotta be so mean?

Sofa King
06-21-2011, 08:41 AM
Some Day, I'll be living in a big ole city
and all you're ever gonna be is mean.

Why you gotta be so mean?

http://www.millerparkdrunk.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/isorry.jpg

EDIT: but seriously..... those lyrics?

Iowanian
06-21-2011, 08:43 AM
If it makes you feel better, I rapped it so it was more gangster

Mr. Laz
06-21-2011, 08:47 AM
If it makes you feel better, I rapped it so it was more gangster
were you wearing a blond wig at the time too?

Coogs
06-21-2011, 08:51 AM
It's time for Harris to either step up as valuable interior depth or GTFO. This experiment has gone on for awhile.

Let's see... He joined the Chiefs in 2009 as a rookie FA. In 2010, during training camp and the early pre-season games last season he was running with the #1 unit while Waters was out, and appeared to be doing very well. Then he suffered a leg injury that basically ended his season. :huh:

Sofa King
06-21-2011, 08:52 AM
were you wearing a blond wig at the time too?

It was a powdered white wig.

Iowanian really has no idea what the hell he is.

Micjones
06-21-2011, 09:27 AM
I think the guy still has something left in the tank. He still consistently allows amongst the fewest sacks in the league. He may not be a dominant run blocker anymore, but he's not a liability. Albert is definitely more of a question mark than Waters. Asamoah provides depth for this team. What happens if we drop Waters and then either Asamoah or Lilja get hurt?

Niswanger could fill at one of the Guard spots.
He played well there in limited time. I actually think that's where he's always been better suited. At Guard.

Skyy God
06-21-2011, 09:33 AM
Releasing an old player a year early instead of a year too late is smart.

Especially when you are trying to set a young team up for a title run.

Start Asamoah this season, let him get his lumps in, hopefully we'll be set on the line for years: Albert, Lilja, Hudson, Asamoah, Richardson.

Now imagine if they hung on to Waters too long and suddenly Asamoah is thrust into the starting role as the rest of the team is trying to make a title run. You could have a huge hole with an inexperienced guard in there.

Have to move on at some point.

Especially if the plan is to start Hudson from day 1, which is likely given his draft status. No reason to delay/spread out the maturation of the young talent.

He played well there in limited time. I actually think that's where he's always been better suited. At Guard.

This. Assuming Harris comes back from injury, our G depth is, at worst, adequate.

Mr. Laz
06-21-2011, 09:52 AM
i don't hate Waters but i saw him line up and get whipped several times last year 1-on-1. That isn't 'the guys around him' ... that is his feet being too slow to keep up with quick DT's.

Hey, maybe he was hurt :shrug:

but it's still time for us to be looking for a replacement and right now we have several options.

RustShack
06-21-2011, 10:05 AM
Looked like to me the line started off great, and by the end of the year it was Weigmann and Lilja who were worn down.

Okie_Apparition
06-21-2011, 10:13 AM
Vrabel & Waters are both involved with the lockout meetings. Whitlock is grunting over a typewritter and wiping his brow with all the possibilites.

Titty Meat
06-21-2011, 11:50 AM

I said the same thing but Zach told me it didn't make sense.

Iowanian
06-21-2011, 01:41 PM
That's because I'm known by all to provide reasoned, well thought out and intelligent offerings on a variety of topics, and your history is, what it is at this time.

Honey badger doesn't care.

RedThat
06-21-2011, 02:40 PM
i don't hate Waters but i saw him line up and get whipped several times last year 1-on-1. That isn't 'the guys around him' ... that is his feet being too slow to keep up with quick DT's.

Hey, maybe he was hurt :shrug:

but it's still time for us to be looking for a replacement and right now we have several options.

I think its age. The guy is what, 34?

Its time for new blood yes. But I appreciate this guy for what he did for us in the past. Solid player and contributed very very well. I think he came a long ways, to go from a converted FB to guard, and as an undrafted FA. Those type of guys don't grow on trees.

BossChief
06-21-2011, 02:57 PM
Don't forget Harris
Liljas backup at left guard

I find this slightly comical i'm such a huge dumbass you take time not only to read my posts but respond to them as well.English sentences don't start with "And"

You're welcome!

He played well there in limited time. I actually think that's where he's always been better suited. At Guard.I agree. It was only a couple games, but he was effective as a right guard.

Albert/_______
Lilja/Harris
Weigman/Hudson
Asamoah/Niswanger
FA/Richardson

BossChief
06-21-2011, 02:58 PM
I think its age. The guy is what, 34?

Its time for new blood yes. But I appreciate this guy for what he did for us in the past. Solid player and contributed very very well. I think he came a long ways, to go from a converted FB to guard, and as an undrafted FA. Those type of guys don't grow on trees.

Haha.

Fullback?

Titty Meat
06-21-2011, 03:01 PM
Liljas backup at left guard
English sentences don't start with "And"

You're welcome!

I agree. It was only a couple games, but he was effective as a right guard.

Albert/_______
Lilja/Harris
Weigman/Hudson
Asamoah/Niswanger
FA/Richardson

Wrong.

BossChief
06-21-2011, 03:24 PM
Wrong.

LOL WUT?

Titty Meat
06-21-2011, 03:26 PM
LOL WUT?

Wiki Answers is your friend.

|Zach|
06-21-2011, 03:40 PM
I said the same thing but Zach told me it didn't make sense.

I think it is funny that people thought he was shit when the team is shit. Now the team is decent and he made some magic improvement?

No.

He has always been a solid player.

Titty Meat
06-21-2011, 03:56 PM
I think it is funny that people thought he was shit when the team is shit. Now the team is decent and he made some magic improvement?

No.

He has always been a solid player.

It's possible that the talent around him improved which is why he was an ok player last year.

CoMoChief
06-21-2011, 04:16 PM
It's possible that the talent around him improved which is why he was an ok player last year.

This is the dumbest fuckin argument.

|Zach|
06-21-2011, 04:24 PM

I think it is a lazy assumption based on not watching the solid play of Waters.

BossChief
06-21-2011, 04:25 PM
This is the dumbest fuckin argument.

Not at all.

Line play is all about responsibilities and how many you can handle to help the collective unit and when you are playing next to a guy that can handle very little (or none at all, such as Rudy) it makes your list entail that much more.

example

If a Center can handle the nose one on one and has quick enough feet to slide protection on a blitz, that means the guards from either side can focus their attention on other things and expect the center to take care of his job.

That can lessen a guards responsibilities from 7 or 8 things to watch for (with a guy like Niswanger at center) to only 4 or 5 (if your team has a good center) Knowing what your linemates can do effectively and therefore having "cohesion" is what makes lines effective or not.

that can make the difference between a player like Waters looking above average with a good player next to him to below average with a sub par one... due to results.

Therefore, going from Niswanger to Weigman at center likely played as big a role as any in the effectiveness of Brian Waters and the line as an overall cohesive unit.

Titty Meat
06-21-2011, 04:28 PM
I think it is a lazy assumption based on not watching the solid play of Waters.

I've watched Waters play since 2000.

BossChief
06-21-2011, 04:36 PM
I've watched Waters play since 2000.

He sure was one hell of a fullback back then!

Ugly Duck
06-21-2011, 06:26 PM
Hmmm.... Oakland is looking for some veteran help at guard. Wonder if Waters will be interested in joining The Team That Swept the AFCW...

CoMoChief
06-21-2011, 06:31 PM
If Asamoah is ready, it's definitely worth it.

We can replace our depth with guys currently on the roster.

Not really.....it's better for the offense as a whole (esp Cassel) if he stays while Asamoah continues to be groomed and used for depth. We need all the depth we can get on the Oline.

Titty Meat
06-21-2011, 06:45 PM
He sure was one hell of a fullback back then!

I think he was an undrafted tight end.

BossChief
06-21-2011, 06:47 PM
Not really.....it's better for the offense as a whole (esp Cassel) if he stays while Asamoah continues to be groomed and used for depth. We need all the depth we can get on the Oline.

No.

Right fucking now is the time to make a change for this team both short and long term.

Lilja is just as good of a player, has plenty of experience both regular and post season at LG is 4 years younger. Harris is good depth for the position that could take over in time if injuries call for it.

Asamoah is gonna make multiple pro bowls and turns 23 TODAY. Niswanger is a guy the staff likes and looked pretty good from my recollection when he stepped in at RG a couple seasons ago. Id be fine going into the season with him as the #2 RG and Asamoah as the starter.

We are SET at guard WITHOUT Waters.

BossChief
06-21-2011, 06:48 PM
I think he was an undrafted tight end.

it was a joke on another poster that made that claim that he was a UDFA fullback.

I lol'd

Just Passin' By
06-21-2011, 06:53 PM

Asamoah is a guard who was drafted at the top of the 3rd round. He was the 4th guard drafted overall. How many years of grooming do you think he needs?

Rams Fan
06-21-2011, 07:04 PM
Waters will find employment somewhere, if not in KC.

milkman
06-21-2011, 07:54 PM

I find this slightly comical i'm such a huge dumbass you take time not only to read my posts but respond to them as well.

I take the time to read posts from everyone.

Someone has to be responsible for pointing out the useless dumbasses.

Titty Meat
06-21-2011, 08:31 PM
I take the time to read posts from everyone.

Someone has to be responsible for pointing out the useless dumbasses.

Sure you do cockboy.

milkman
06-21-2011, 08:33 PM
Sure you do cockboy.

Didn't mean to hurt your feelings.

Just call 'em as I see 'em.

Titty Meat
06-21-2011, 08:36 PM
Didn't mean to hurt your feelings.

Just call 'em as I see 'em.

You think you hurt my feelings? Not really I just troll. With that being said I was trying to have a real discussion about Waters role with the team. Funny how I think the majority who have posted in here have agreed with "my dumbass opinion" when it comes to Brian Waters role.

milkman
06-21-2011, 08:49 PM
You think you hurt my feelings? Not really I just troll. With that being said I was trying to have a real discussion about Waters role with the team. Funny how I think the majority who have posted in here have agreed with "my dumbass opinion" when it comes to Brian Waters role.

Broken clock.

In this thread I was pointing out how your poor use of language contributed to how you are perceived.

jspchief
06-21-2011, 09:35 PM
The only real reason to let Waters go would be fear of some team psychological impact from forcing a veteran to battle for his starting spot.

$3 mil is nothing

IMO keep the guy and is Asamoah beats him out, we're left with a great backup to rotate in.

Direckshun
06-21-2011, 11:08 PM
Releasing Brian Waters doesn't make a lot of sense...

I know the goal is to continue the youth movement. But youth movements need veteran leadership at key positions, and he's exactly what you want in a leader. He earns massive amounts of money and still gives 110%.

His play has declined, but from All Pro heights. He's still very effective with the Charles/McCluster rushing packages, and still runs better than everybody on last year's offensive line except Lilja.

We have no guard depth with Asamoah starting. None. Unless we're ready to promote Darryl Harris (which I'd love, but the Chiefs have let him languish on the PS for two yards), or we're going to continue the Rudy Niswanger experience...

Waters is a necessary player for the upcoming season.

Titty Meat
06-22-2011, 12:00 AM
Broken clock.

In this thread I was pointing out how your poor use of language contributed to how you are perceived.

Bullshit. I don't claim to be some guru on here but when it comes to strictly to NFL discussion i've been told a number of times people don't mind my takes. Sure I was way off on Mike Brown a few years ago but we've all been pretty off on a player before.

Mr. Laz
06-22-2011, 12:27 AM
Releasing Brian Waters doesn't make a lot of sense...

I know the goal is to continue the youth movement. But youth movements need veteran leadership at key positions, and he's exactly what you want in a leader. He earns massive amounts of money and still gives 110%.

His play has declined, but from All Pro heights. He's still very effective with the Charles/McCluster rushing packages, and still runs better than everybody on last year's offensive line except Lilja.

We have no guard depth with Asamoah starting. None. Unless we're ready to promote Darryl Harris (which I'd love, but the Chiefs have let him languish on the PS for two yards), or we're going to continue the Rudy Niswanger experience...

Waters is a necessary player for the upcoming season.
not if he won't accept being a backup and imo he wouldn't

wtf do you mean we have no depth at guard? We have several guys on the roster and guard isn't exactly the most difficult position to fill.

Lilja
Asomoah
Harris
Niswanger
and that's just the guys we know of right now with FA and TC still to go.

hey if they want to let Waters compete that's fine but if it's close the the tie goes to the young guy. Hell, it doesn't even have to be a tie ... unless Waters kicks ass then Asomoah wins.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-22-2011, 11:16 AM
Stick fork in...